Page 242 of 946 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252292342742 ... LastLast
Results 4,821 to 4,840 of 18918

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    highly doubt it, gimpdog. Seller has 37000+ reviews and literally 100% positive feedback. NT
    Hope they work out.

Tgull wouldn't approve. The wealthier PFA posters should be buying direct from Apple.

Load Metric
    500k infected in the US. Likely will move into first for deaths tomorrow as well.

North America (us in Canada too) are going to be fucked for the long haul.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    500k infected in the US. Likely will move into first for deaths tomorrow as well.

North America (us in Canada too) are going to be fucked for the long haul.
    500k is not accurate, neither is the US being first in deaths.

Lol China

Load Metric
    wish it was only 500k.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Not to alarm anyone but the Convid-19 deaths in NZ doubled yesterday, and doubled today.
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Load Metric
    no offense, but no one gives a shit about NZ

Diamond
    Load Metric

were all in this together lol

Comments

zealanddonk: Age of consent is 16 rep

Platinum
    Load Metric
    sonatine does.

Also, whoring is legal and gambling wins are tax free.
    O and we can play on pokerstars.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: you can fill your growlers at the 711

Salty_Aus: You have an awesome Prime Minister too

big dick: hard to argue with this

sonatine: so coge

Tellafriend: kiwis rep

LegalizeMeth: you had me at whores are legal

JohnCommode: My favorite country except for beans on toast breakfast.
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Load Metric
    Texas is about to get stupider.

Texas to Ease Coronavirus Lockdown Under Executive Order, Governor Says
    https://www.newsweek.com/texas-ease-...r-says-1497371
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post

Lifestyle is a stronger determinant of health and life span than genetics.

STOP EATING SHIT AND EXERCISE MORE.

If not people are going to start calling you "Gobboboy".

And you will look like ths...

Most people here couldn't look like gobboboy if they tried.

You can't get as big as gobboboy unless you're predisposed to obesity. Now, some of that is within your control. It's much tougher than for normal people, but even those with gobbo's genetics can be a normal weight if they put major effort into it. However, you'd be foolish to state that gobbo had the same genetic chance to be obese as everyone else.
    Wtf, there are 18% super obese Americans and it’s related to diet. Guaranteed gobo is eating over 5k calories a day. He looks like that because he eats too many calories and has low activity. Mind boggling how ignorant you are.

Comments

big dick: it does boggle the mind.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post

Most people here couldn't look like gobboboy if they tried.

You can't get as big as gobboboy unless you're predisposed to obesity. Now, some of that is within your control. It's much tougher than for normal people, but even those with gobbo's genetics can be a normal weight if they put major effort into it. However, you'd be foolish to state that gobbo had the same genetic chance to be obese as everyone else.
    Wtf, there are 18% super obese Americans and it’s related to diet. Guaranteed gobo is eating over 5k calories a day. He looks like that because he eats too many calories and has low activity. Mind boggling how ignorant you are.
    Gobbo eats a lot AND has a predisposition to obesity.

Obesity is partially genetics and partially behavior. You're telling me that you haven't known people on the opposite end, who can pig out constantly, not exercise, and stay thin?

I know several like this, and they're not young, so you can't blame it on that.

For some reason you are blind to genetic predispositions and believe everything is behavior-related, which is odd.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post

Obesity is partially genetics and partially behavior. You're telling me that you haven't known people on the opposite end, who can pig out constantly, not exercise, and stay thin?

For some reason you are blind to genetic predispositions and believe everything is behavior-related, which is odd.
    You're just two hot dogs on a stick extra per day, from looking like gobbo.

Of course genetics and metabolism plays a part, but the majority of people that look like gobbo have the local pizza place on speed dial.

Virtually everyone can look like gobbo if they sit on their ass, drinking Pepsi and eat calorie dense rubbish.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post

Of course genetics and metabolism plays a part, but the majority of people that look like gobbo have the local pizza place on speed dial.

Virtually everyone can look like gobbo if they sit on their ass, drinking Pepsi and eat calorie dense rubbish.
    Not true. I absolutely could not get that big, even if I tried to eat as badly as possible.

Your body actually tries to maintain its existing weight. This is part of the reason why it's so hard to maintain lost weight (the other being that people tend to let their guard down once they reach a desired weight). Your body will attempt to bring itself back to where it was. This is also why weight gain tends to be a slow move upwards, rather than rocketing up, unless you have genetic/health issues which make it do otherwise, or unless your body is attempting to recover lost weight.

Let's say for some stupid reason I wanted to try to get to 300 pounds by December 31, by means of eating only (meaning not using weight gain products or whatever). I wouldn't be able to do it. My body wouldn't cooperate.

Many of those genetically predisposed to being obese will also tend to eat more as it happens. It's a vicious cycle. I'm not saying that gobboboy eats a salad for dinner and washes it down with a glass of water, yet still looks the way he does. However, if I were born with gobbo's genes, my body would probably look a lot like his, and if he were born with my genes, his would look a lot like mine. Genetics plays a far bigger roll than you think.

Comments

splitthis: Full retard mode

MumblesBadly: Back the fuck off, splitshit. Druff is correct on most points here.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post

Not true. I absolutely could not get that big, even if I tried to eat as badly as possible.

Your body actually tries to maintain its existing weight. This is part of the reason why it's so hard to maintain lost weight (the other being that people tend to let their guard down once they reach a desired weight). Your body will attempt to bring itself back to where it was. This is also why weight gain tends to be a slow move upwards, rather than rocketing up, unless you have genetic/health issues which make it do otherwise, or unless your body is attempting to recover lost weight.

Let's say for some stupid reason I wanted to try to get to 300 pounds by December 31, by means of eating only (meaning not using weight gain products or whatever). I wouldn't be able to do it. My body wouldn't cooperate.

Many of those genetically predisposed to being obese will also tend to eat more as it happens. It's a vicious cycle. I'm not saying that gobboboy eats a salad for dinner and washes it down with a glass of water, yet still looks the way he does. However, if I were born with gobbo's genes, my body would probably look a lot like his, and if he were born with my genes, his would look a lot like mine. Genetics plays a far bigger roll than you think.
    If you did not change your eating habits and exercise at all.
    And ate two hot dogs on a stick extra every day. You would easily put on about 50 pounds in a year. I chose a dog on a stick as you're already good at squeezing them in.

Hot dog on a stick 300-400 calories, lets say 350 to be fair.
    350x2x365=255,000 extra calories.
    One pound of fat equals approximately 3,500 calories, so 255,000 calories would equal 73 pounds of fat.
    Of course you then must also consider the fatter you are the more calories you burn.

Druff, I know you absolutely hate being wrong... but you're talking utter shit.

You could weigh 300 pounds by the end of the year relatively easily!

Load Metric
    druff, you can easily get to 300 or more pounds in a year if you wanted to. if you ate 5000 calories a day, which isn't *that* difficult, what do you think your body would do with those extra calories?

just pass them through without absorbing them? would you go into super-metabolism mode? is there science behind whatever you think would happen?

Load Metric
    he's been running bad on the wrongness lately
    Last edited by big dick; 04-11-2020 at 05:17 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by zealanddonk View Post
    sonatine does.

Also, whoring is legal and gambling wins are tax free.
    O and we can play on pokerstars.
    and the world's best leader

Load Metric
    and i know its not a word but it sounds good

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    druff, you can easily get to 300 or more pounds in a year if you wanted to. if you ate 5000 calories a day, which isn't *that* difficult, what do you think your body would do with those extra calories?

just pass them through without absorbing them? would you go into super-metabolism mode? is there science behind whatever you think would happen?
    Eating 5000 extra calories a day (on top of what I already eat) isn't trivial. That's a ton of extra calories, and I couldn't eat that much.

Salty_aus thinks that I'd gain 50 pounds by eating two hot dogs on a stick extra every day. He either has a horrible metabolism or doesn't understand how much the average adult would have to do in order to gain 50 pounds in 8.5 months.

The infamous Hot Dog on a Stick story actually involved me eating a ton of extra food over a 7-month period. I was basically eating two full dinners each time. I gained 16 pounds in that 7-month stretch -- the most I had ever gained in a 7-month period. I barely exercised and just ate a ton of food without attempting to moderate. I eat a good deal less now. If I were two add two breaded hot dogs on top of what I eat now, I would still be taking in fewer calories per day than I did in the first half of 2018.

Again, too much "behavior causes everything" talk, and not enough credit to genetics. I don't deny that eating like a pig will make you gain weight, but there's a difference between being overweight, very overweight, and gobboboy obese. The gobbo level would be very difficult for the average person to ever reach, even if they tried.

Again, if genetics don't play a huge role, how do you explain the people who can eat whatever they want and never get fat? So there's the other side of that coin, too. Gobboboy is the polar opposite of the "I can't gain weight no matter what I do" people. Most of the rest of us are somewhere in the middle.

Comments

Salty_Aus: I clearly said 1 year, dont twist my words around.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    By the way, the "behavior is more important than genetics" school of thought also kills people.

I know people with high BP who won't take BP medication because they "don't need it" and "will just stay calmer and cut down on salt."

I know people with high cholesterol who have told me they won't take a statin, and instead will just "stop eating red meat" or "go mostly vegetarian".

They refuse to admit there's a genetic component beyond their control.

These are both conditions which are VERY long-term unhealthy if untreated. Too many people have been talked into believing that good behavior = good results, and you don't need no stinkin' mediation to do the job.

The genetics knife cuts both ways. You can have shit genetics which punish you despite good behavior, you could have great genetics which rescue you despite bad behavior, and you can have neither. And by "genetics", I mean individually with each particular issue. For example, I'll probably never have to take cholesterol meds for as long as I live (or at least not until I'm much older), yet I was predestined to be on BP meds by my early 40s.

Thread Information