Page 239 of 946 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249289339739 ... LastLast
Results 4,761 to 4,780 of 18909

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric

Comments

MumblesBadly: Totally fucking idiot to not curtail anything critical court proceedings by this time! Even El Paso did so starting March 9th!

big dick: karma bitch
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Attributing high blood pressure to genetics only is lol. 40% of America is OBESE, not overweight. This is a huge public health crisis bigger than covid and the general public is in serious denial of the risks to their overall health.

When obese individuals in their 20s and 30s are on massive amounts of meds to control high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and diabetes, this is not a genetic problem.

The denial going on with widespread obesity is deadly. If anything good coming out of covid it will be stronger attention to the obesity epidemic.
    You not attributing high blood pressure to genetics is lol.

You're engaging in 1980s thinking -- when people avoided using salt during dinner because they believed it would cause them high blood pressure.

It's human nature to want to believe we have control over most things health related, where we get rewarded for good behavior while punished for bad behavior. In some ways, that's true. However, in others it is not.

High blood pressure and high cholesterol are very similar in genetics versus lifestyle. Both are primarily due to genetics. If you are genetically predisposed to either, then bad behavior can worsen them, but good behavior will not clear the problem. You need medication for that. Conversely, if you are NOT genetically predisposed, you will not have high levels, even if you eat poorly and don't exercise.

Still doubt me?

Explain this one:

I have a friend who is about the same age as me, similar diet, similar height/weight, similar amount of physical activity, and neither of us have any known major health issues.

He has high cholesterol. My cholesterol is great. He's on medication for cholesterol, I am not.

I have high blood pressure. His is great. I'm on medication for blood pressure, he is not.

How do you explain this? Everything is very similar as far as risk factors, yet we both have extremely different BP and cholesterol levels -- one good, one bad for each of us.

Genetics explains it. With my diet, I should have a terrible cholesterol problem. I don't. In fact, my level is excellent for my age. That's genetics, just as the high BP is also genetic.

Let's look at my brother. Similar height (a little shorter), weighs less than me, four years younger. Guess what? He has great cholesterol, high BP. Coincidence? Of course not. Once again, genetics.

People absolutely hate this fact because it seems unfair and almost arbitrary. But it's true.

Experience has taught me that about 80% of your health is genetics with the rest being lifestyle.

Comments

splitthis: Wrong

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    We basically need to ignore "number of cases" right now, because it's almost meaningless. Until there is widespread, easy testing -- which seems quite far away -- the number of cases provides very little useful info.

Number of hospitalizations, number of ICU admissions, and number of deaths are the important numbers now, because those are hard numbers.

Deaths are the farthest behind as far as flattening, because the exact end of the cycle for each patient is either death or recovery. Since death takes 1-3 weeks to reach in most cases, we won't see that figure drop off for a little while longer.

Anyway, from what I've seen, I have faith that the social distancing IS working, which is logical. The next step is to figure out where we go from here, and more importantly, the proper balance between safety and normalcy.

A good ability to test for both the disease and the antibodies would be a great start.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post
    I read reports in our local media that says the curve is flattening in the US. But I look at all the data and graphs and I don't see it slowing down at all.

If you look at NY 41% of those being tested are positive. 390k tests done and 160k positive as of the 9th.
    NJ 107k tests for 51k positive. This is over 47% positive.
    Michigan, Louisiana, Illinois also increasing. Now that they're doing a lot more testing you'd expect the percentage to drop off once they've tested those who are more likely to be infected, but the percentages are slowly creeping higher.
    Also there has been 200+ deaths per day that are not being recorded in NY... wonder if other places are doing the same when someone dies at home without previously testing positive?

Yet on the other hand if you discount the places I've mentioned the curve "might" be flattening.
    California for example has dropped 1 or 2 percent I believe. Was 12% positive a week ago and now 10.5%

I sincerely do hope the number of new cases drops very quickly. The deathrate is about to increase regardless as it catches up with all the new cases in the last week.

I did see Fauci dropped what he thought total deaths would be. Think he really knows his stuff so I'm hopeful.

Be safe everyone. ��
    i think this is the opposite. the more tests you do, the higher the rate of people confirmed to have it will climb. the hospitalizations and the death rates are reportedly dropping which would indicate a flattening
    Yes more positive cases but the percentage of those testing positive should decrease.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    Experience has taught me that about 80% of your health is genetics with the rest being lifestyle.
    Agree with this.

Also, I believe a lot more about each person is genetic than they think, including personality and predisposition to make certain bad choices.

For example, I'd love to take credit for having the intense discipline to avoid drugs and alcohol my whole life. However, that would be false credit. The honest truth is that I never had the desire to get into those things, so there wasn't a temptation to avoid. In fact, many psychological studies have proven a genetic predisposition to drug and alcohol abuse -- as well as the predisposition to NOT do it.

There's many other aspects of you and your entire personality which came from genetics in some way. Sure, your upbringing and experiences shape you, but the biggest factor shaping you is the personality you're born with.

Comments

splitthis: Delusional

Load Metric
    There is no reason to be as fat as Jimmy Fricke and if you're a guy look like a fat old woman.

Druff should hire a personal trainer to show him exactly how to exercise. A good trainer is hard to find because there are lots of bad ones out there. They should also tell you exactly what to eat because whatever you are eating right now, it's no fucking good.

Being 50 to 100 pounds or more overweight is no fucking good plus if you do get the coronavirus, you are not likely to survive.

Comments

MumblesBadly: But too much exercise increases Druff’s risk of a heart attack.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Are we posting hot shirtless men in this thread now? Cause I got a shitload of content for you if thats the case.

Load Metric
    candace owens tweeting about how the media is to blame for covid hysteria while prisoners dig mass graves outside NYC should be a lesson unto itself in future courses on the state of the american right wing in 2020.

Comments

OSA: candance owens is a legend you better put respect on her name

SPIT this:

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Name:  BCA234BB-48E1-4B92-981F-19C01C9089B9.jpeg
Views: 448
Size:  107.1 KB

Comments

Jayjami: Great post lmao

Diamond
    Load Metric
    remember how dangerous "vaping" was in late 2019, which coincidentally,like corona, was more common in men than in women hmmmmmm

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Lmao, gobert must have been coughing on him on purpose to fk with him

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    candace owens tweeting about how the media is to blame for covid hysteria while prisoners dig mass graves outside NYC should be a lesson unto itself in future courses on the state of the american right wing in 2020.

LOL WHAT A FKN STOOGE, WHAT A GLORIOUS SELF OWN POST

sounds like its standard operating procedure and I even saw something about there being actually 1 covid victim buried there

Load Metric
    I got mis directed to the front, glancing at the 1st few pages, DJ Chaps has some posts that aren't going to age well, same w/hockey guy.

I get that you guys watch Fox news, but why taunt this thing?
    You can't win, you can only be wrong.
    The alt right keeps inserting the # dead in their messages, like it isn't going to change or something.

Like Dr Tgull w/his 12k, and his asinine 'I don't see it' comment, (like he thinks for himself) ,
    well now in 3 short days, it has gone up 50 %, we just passed 18k.
    I didn't realize though he was in sync w/Dr.'s salt & pepper.
    They got suspended from twitter for the same disinformation Dr tgull was spewing.

Diamond and Silk’s Twitter account locked for breaking coronavirus misinformation rules

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...navirus-175914

Name:  diamond.PNG
Views: 767
Size:  860.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    We have had 7000ish deaths related to one of the worst Flu seasons on record in this country.

I mean I’m all for a little awarenss but let’s get the death toll to 50 before we start to envoke the end of humanity (we are at 42).
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    just go through his tweets, if he hasnt deleted them.

also i think its interesting that he showed up around the time gamestop was told it wasnt essential.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mich...hrome&ie=UTF-8

fuckin clown.

really cant make up this timing:

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 3.14.24 PM.png
Views: 423
Size:  53.9 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    Lifestyle is a stronger determinant of health and life span than genetics.

STOP EATING SHIT AND EXERCISE MORE.

If not people are going to start calling you "Gobboboy".

And you will look like ths...

Comments

splitthis: It’s his genetics lol, it’s incredulous the amount of denial of basic health principles

Load Metric
    White House trade adviser Peter Navarro publicly said Americans had "nothing to worry about" while he privately warned the White House that the coronavirus pandemic could cost trillions of dollars and hundreds of thousands of American lives.

classic libtard MSM shill.

Load Metric
    Coronavirus is a brilliantly smart germ. Smart and invisible!

Load Metric
    Now recovered people are testing positive for the virus again. They aren’t sure if it is reinfection or dormancy return. We just need to get on with life and move on. You either are gonna live or die and we can’t sit at home for a year until they figure it out.

Comments

OSA: glad you came around
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Now recovered people are testing positive for the virus again. They aren’t sure if it is reinfection or dormancy return. We just need to get on with life and move on. You either are gonna live or die and we can’t sit at home for a year until they figure it out.

yeah at first people were worried that its another anthrax situation where its multiple reinfection phases but lately we are wondering if the negative tests are just totally trash.

flip a coin at this point but i got a bad feeling that people who test positive for antibodies are going to literally end up on a real fuckin scary gov list.

Comments

Sanlmar: Was waiting for you to catch up to this. privacy lulz

Load Metric
    Michael Burry MD is married.

It’s like you two have met though.

Thread Information