Page 237 of 947 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241247287337737 ... LastLast
Results 4,721 to 4,740 of 18936

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric

Comments

gauchojake: #pizzagate?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Gyms and Personal Trainers are gonna kill it after this is over.
    You ever taken a spin class? I’m serious. That dead. That room will be used for storage.

Just before COVID .. hot spin was becoming a thing. Very hot room. 30 bikes with spit and sweat spraying everywhere.

I can talk about all the other group classes.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    I hear ya OSA. NYC is gonna be a ghostown though. You are gonna have stories to tell. People are fleeing with their laptops. Commercial real estate is gonna get murdered.

Today my wife and her sewing circle were talking about COVID coming back around in November or whatever.

It was at that point I stated that once you let us out of our cages we are both going to be exposed.

I do not want to suffer it multiple times but it’s inescapable at least one time.

We are big fitness people. Sweaty gyms. Smelly hockey bags full of gear that is never washed. Sweaty, naked locker rooms. Maybe snapping towels will stop but ...

That’s my surrender.

Local car dealership just bought a massive gym for a used car lot. Smart people are looking into the future.

Little ramble but that’s were I’m coming from .... so the Burry anti lockdown posture isn’t an abominable argument. That ship has sailed and our kids will pay the price.

Read through his timeline. Interesting. We will see if he’s correct on virus. I have little doubt he’s correct on most financial matters. Seems contradictory on virus often. Linked article advocating California having immunity and being hit already and gave his own personal anecdote but mentions multiple times this type of virus won’t lend itself to any herd immunity and we will simply have to deal with it. Stresses testing on massive scale which Trump just said today isn’t going to happen. Without it, all his CFR numbers are pure guesses, not modeling either.

Links doctor who is on front lines who has no fatalities under 70 with lower than 30 BMI. No mention by doctor of pre-existing conditions. Simply those 2 factors. I know of 3 cases locally and 2 are under that 30 BMI and 51 years or younger. Maybe the doctor ran well, but we use anti-malarial here also.

I like different perspectives. Will follow him. Clearly was familiar with him from big short.

Haven’t got to your podcast recommendation yet. Have morphed from podcasts during this to Netflix and prime all day. My sleep schedule has gotten erratic and I listen to those at gym and falling asleep. Both have been disrupted. I’ll get to it.

I don’t know if your business has a niche or just a general gym.

I mentioned to a buddy of mine if we dodge this that most people our age will look at training for this virus and next wave.

In your business I’d copy that doctors article about under 70 and under 30 BMI and zero deaths as marketing material. At 6’ even, that’s 221lbs. At 5’10-207. That’s right at 30 BMI. Goal obviously to get under. In at risk demo of 45-65, I’d guess 70% of the population is creeping within 10 lbs of going either way on that chart. More likely above after months of sitting around and eating.

That would be my sales reopening pitch. Train to beat the second wave! Seems you could get a lot of corporate money wiling to go in for company wellness and it’s an easy sell because so much of the population resides right in that neighborhood.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Gyms and Personal Trainers are gonna kill it after this is over.
    You ever taken a spin class? I’m serious. That dead. That room will be used for storage.

Just before COVID .. hot spin was becoming a thing. Very hot room. 30 bikes with spit and sweat spraying everywhere.

Before this I played basketball 3 days a week at the Y. Looking back I can’t think of anything that would pass a virus around quicker.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

Before this I played basketball 3 days a week at the Y. Looking back I can’t think of anything that would pass a virus around quicker.
    Ask OSA

Comments

Kuntmissioner: ROFL

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

I mentioned to a buddy of mine if we dodge this that most people our age will look at training for this virus and next wave.

In your business I’d copy that doctors article about under 70 and under 30 BMI and zero deaths as marketing material. At 6’ even, that’s 221lbs. At 5’10-207. That’s right at 30 BMI. Goal obviously to get under. In at risk demo of 45-65, I’d guess 70% of the population is creeping within 10 lbs of going either way on that chart. More likely above after months of sitting around and eating.

That would be my sales reopening pitch. Train to beat the second wave! Seems you could get a lot of corporate money wiling to go in for company wellness and it’s an easy sell because so much of the population resides right in that neighborhood.
    We do some niche stuff but all the licensed group fitness too. The usual gym stuff from Lifecycle etc. We do kid and adult sports.

What is unique about us is that we have many members who have been with us for 30 years. I’m not kidding. Our members skew older and that means richer.

Your sales pitch is poison.

True fucking story. We have a little old Persian man who is 89. His whole clan are members. He shuffles in and does a little exercise and hangs out. More money than god. Shah of Iran exile type money.

The old Persian is losing it mentally. We are closing up one night at 11pm. Locking doors and shutting off lights. From out of nowhere the old Persian is shuffling through the lobby. Scared the shit outta me. He asks me, “why is it dark outside?” He thinks it’s 11am in the morning.

His family still lets this guy drive. His daughter wants us to hire a driver for him. Sit and wait all day while he hangs out. Incredible.

Yeah, prolly gonna lose half our members actually.

We are so fucked.

Laid my own son off. That was a special bonding moment. He punished us by moving back home. He’s licking my tooth brush. I just know it.

Load Metric
    Ha. Yeah I guess I’m more pragmatic having almost died at 30. Most will want to forget all about it. Assuming you’re 60 years old and have any fitness leaks, I’d view summer as the opportunity to put myself in the best spot to fight this thing. I’m a hair over 5’11 and around 190 normally, but I lift heavy. 32 jeans. I have veered towards 200 on time off. I’ve started to fight it back down as I noticed extra weight being a real hindrance to the deaths I’ve seen skewing younger. I was 195 today. I’m viewing it as 180 beats 195 if I have to fend off something in October. More intense cardio and lung capacity stuff. I started running through people I know and guesstimating BMI and 30 is close for most.

I’m not at all a group fitness guy. It’s the busiest thing in the gym though. Particularly with the gals unless you’re talking CrossFit and cardio kickboxing stuff. I’ve did a few of those. Kicks my ass. Don’t like CrossFit. Maybe at 25.

Comments

Sanlmar: Sounds good to me

Load Metric
    Ha. Yeah I guess I’m more pragmatic having almost died at 30. Most will want to forget all about it. Assuming you’re 60 years old and have any fitness leaks, I’d view summer as the opportunity to put myself in the best spot to fight this thing. I’m a hair over 5’11 and around 190 normally, but I lift heavy. 32 jeans. I have veered towards 200 on time off. I’ve started to fight it back down as I noticed extra weight being a real hindrance to the deaths I’ve seen skewing younger. I was 195 today. I’m viewing it as 180 beats 195 if I have to fend off something in October. More intense cardio and lung capacity stuff. I started running through people I know and guesstimating BMI and 30 is close for most.

I’m not at all a group fitness guy. It’s the busiest thing in the gym though. Particularly with the gals unless you’re talking CrossFit and cardio kickboxing stuff. I’ve did a few of those. Kicks my ass. Don’t like CrossFit. Maybe at 25.
    I’ll keep the rally going BCR.

Fitness trainers are paid piece rate. They aren’t salary. So no lessons = no money. So we give them my wife to get their client base kick started. The business pays the trainer for the lessons.

I stay out her shit. But we are all aware the new trainers go easy with her. She is essentially wasting her time. It’s a running joke but she is oblivious.

So now it’s COVID time and I’m hanging out at home like a good boy. I finally put together a weight bench I had in the basement. So I have been working out with the wife. Middle of the afternoon every day. That’s been a real eye opener. What has she been doing all these years?

My wife had recently started doing a group fitness workout called Tribe. The trainer used to play high school ball with my son. He doesn’t go easy. He knows he’s solid with the fam. Ironically, it’s the one class that she loves the most. The coach you remember best is the one who kicked your ass, right?

I keep my mouth shut.

Load Metric
    You know what women loved?

Title Boxing. Nationwide chain.

I have never heard any woman say she didn’t enjoy it. Tough workout.

Give a gift certificate for the gym and a local restaurant to the wife and friend and you are golden. That was always a pro tip.

Bet that’s over too. They are gonna get crushed.

Load Metric

It’s honestly hard to think of anything worse than playing pickup ball in this new paradigm. I’ve picked up skating in the intermediate; it can be practiced in isolation and great for coordination/balance training. I also road bike, but have been doing that for years now.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post

It’s honestly hard to think of anything worse than playing pickup ball in this new paradigm. I’ve picked up skating in the intermediate; it can be practiced in isolation and great for coordination/balance training. I also road bike, but have been doing that for years now.
    Ice skating? Free skate?

When my daughter was in San Diego she took up velodrome at San Diego State. Fixed gear high bank track. Thought that was such a unique schtick.

Brought all her bikes back to NYC and was all Larry Laffer on her way to work. Fixed gear - no brakes, I think.

Comments

Krypt: skateboarding

Load Metric
    which will be donkdown first:

-Bitcoin

-Someone from this site with CORONA

Comments

MumblesBadly: If I had any money, it would be on the latter.
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    if 4dragons is still in prison, then I would go with the latter

Load Metric
    Aren’t you forgetting that I’m still out on the road doing “essential service” in the transportation biz picking up and delivering loads? And I’m obese, have Type II diabetes, high blood pressure, and almost 60. And I just woke up feeling flushed with a slight buzz in my head, usually indicative for me of the onset of a fever. Seriously, get your money in quick before the line becomes untenably lopsided.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Aren’t you forgetting that I’m still out on the road doing “essential service” in the transportation biz picking up and delivering loads? And I’m obese, have Type II diabetes, high blood pressure, and almost 60. And I just woke up feeling flushed with a slight buzz in my head, usually indicative for me of the onset of a fever. Seriously, get your money in quick before the line becomes untenably lopsided.
    Take a couple days off and go see a doctor.Stop at hotel get some sleep and rest and get yourself looked at.

If money is the issue and the reason you continue to work even though you are not well then I will will send you enoug money to get you through a few days and you can get me back when you have it.

Comments

Dan Druff: very nice offer if serious

Load Metric
    Back to Work. Everyone. Back to Fucking Work.

Friend and his GF have a $250 bet on when they'll go back to work in NYC. O/U is June 1st. I think that's a really good line.

I say if you're a restaurant or bar worker, that a sure thing. If you are a office worker, mid June is more likely but I would still take the under.

Sidenote:

My 75 yr old Aunt broke her hip last week, and DIDNT GO TO FUCKING HOSPITAL for days because she didn't want to risk Corona, but the pain was too much and she went. Enough, old people, do old people things and stay home until this subsides and we go to work
    June 2021 or June 2022?

Druff trusts Trump 100%

Load Metric
    I hear ya OSA. NYC is gonna be a ghostown though. You are gonna have stories to tell. People are fleeing with their laptops. Commercial real estate is gonna get murdered.

Today my wife and her sewing circle were talking about COVID coming back around in November or whatever.

It was at that point I stated that once you let us out of our cages we are both going to be exposed.

I do not want to suffer it multiple times but it’s inescapable at least one time.

We are big fitness people. Sweaty gyms. Smelly hockey bags full of gear that is never washed. Sweaty, naked locker rooms. Maybe snapping towels will stop but ...

That’s my surrender.

Local car dealership just bought a massive gym for a used car lot. Smart people are looking into the future.

Little ramble but that’s were I’m coming from .... so the Burry anti lockdown posture isn’t an abominable argument. That ship has sailed and our kids will pay the price.

Read through his timeline. Interesting. We will see if he’s correct on virus. I have little doubt he’s correct on most financial matters. Seems contradictory on virus often. Linked article advocating California having immunity and being hit already and gave his own personal anecdote but mentions multiple times this type of virus won’t lend itself to any herd immunity and we will simply have to deal with it. Stresses testing on massive scale which Trump just said today isn’t going to happen. Without it, all his CFR numbers are pure guesses, not modeling either.

Links doctor who is on front lines who has no fatalities under 70 with lower than 30 BMI. No mention by doctor of pre-existing conditions. Simply those 2 factors. I know of 3 cases locally and 2 are under that 30 BMI and 51 years or younger. Maybe the doctor ran well, but we use anti-malarial here also.

I like different perspectives. Will follow him. Clearly was familiar with him from big short.

Haven’t got to your podcast recommendation yet. Have morphed from podcasts during this to Netflix and prime all day. My sleep schedule has gotten erratic and I listen to those at gym and falling asleep. Both have been disrupted. I’ll get to it.

Interesting, literally the first thing I started doing was cutting weight and lung exercises when this shit showed up. Went back to the office yesterday for the first time in almost four weeks and someone mentioned I looked slimmer. Stepped on the scale was down to 229 from 242 since March 13th when I started paying attention.

It’s actually one of the benefits of being home is I am eating healthier. I will probably slim all the way down to 205-215 (would get me into 32-34 pants at 6’1”).

My mindset is adapt or die. Guessing a lot of people will just passively pick death.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    I think this one might age poorly Tine.

It works because it helps your body better absorb Zinc which is 100% proven to kill cold viruses.

It’s not some miracle drug on its own for sure, but it’s pretty simple in why it’s effective as well.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    I think this one might age poorly Tine.

It works because it helps your body better absorb Zinc which is 100% proven to kill cold viruses.

It’s not some miracle drug on its own for sure, but it’s pretty simple in why it’s effective as well.
    trying to find you a link to the reporter asking pompeo if the white house staffers who contracted cv19 will use hydroxychloroquine. It's pretty lol but I cant find it.

He more or less said hydroxychloroquine is bullshit.Really strange that I cant find it anywhere on the internet.

I will try and find the link because if you haven't seen it you should.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post

Interesting, literally the first thing I started doing was cutting weight and lung exercises when this shit showed up. Went back to the office yesterday for the first time in almost four weeks and someone mentioned I looked slimmer. Stepped on the scale was down to 229 from 242 since March 13th when I started paying attention.

It’s actually one of the benefits of being home is I am eating healthier. I will probably slim all the way down to 205-215 (would get me into 32-34 pants at 6’1”).

My mindset is adapt or die. Guessing a lot of people will just passively pick death.
    Yesss!!!!! Unfortunately people in the minority like you are doing things to positively impact your health, others are sitting home eating crap food and gaining weight. 90% of people in hospital with corona have underlying conditions and a majority of them are related to obesity. Yes, a few don’t but I bet a good percentage of the outliers have an undiagnosed underlying condition.

Never more than ever before, change or die. It was always like that really, but death related to obesity was always something that would happen further down the road, now it’s right in your face!

For those wanting to change but don’t know how, start by clearing your home of all junk and processed food. Buy lean meats, lots of fruit and veggies, READ LABELS. Eat clean and simple and you see the pounds fly off. If you have a lot of pain in your joints from being too fat start with low impact exercises, there are many online for now and as the weight comes off increase your activity.

Here are the facts

Women normal body weight is 100 lbs for 5’ and add 5 lbs for every inch above that.

Men 106 for 5’ and add 6 pounds for every inch above that.

Now there is a plus and minus 10% for a normal range.

A 5’8” woman should weigh 145 plus or minus 14.5 pounds.

6’ man should weigh 178 plus or minus 18 pounds.

An easy way to figure out how many calories you should eat is to download a free tracking app like LOSE IT. It auto calculates how many calories you should eat a day to lose a pound or 2 a week, choose slow weight loss. This will help you be aware of what you are doing and be accountable.

It is no longer an option to live unhealthy and live.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Thread Information