Page 236 of 947 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246286336736 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,720 of 18926

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    I’m not a Gavin Newsom fan at all, but the head of UCSF says we are flattening the curve. We’re not running out of masks, shipping ventilators to other states, and had early social distancing. Amazing what science can accomplish.
    Newsom has actually done a good job with this. I'm the opposite of a Newsom fan, but he has been very reasonable throughout this entire thing.

Democrats can also take a lesson from him on how to focus on the task at hand and NOT politicize it. Newsom actually praised Trump at one point, saying something like, "Everything he has promised us, he's delivered", regarding supplies for California. (This got TDS Democrats in the state angry at him, of course.)

Newsom has done a ton of idiotic things since taking office, but somehow he rose to the task on this, and indeed California is faring surprisingly well here, despite its 40 million population. Mind you, the state has some advantages with a virus like this, having its population more spread out, and having little public transportation. Still, it's done well.
    He’s done a fine job but I don’t think it’s the only thing at play here. Obviously we’ve talked about the lack of public transportation on the West Coast helping out but studies are going on right now exploring the idea that California was actually hit with this virus at the end of 2019 and maybe we’ve developed a herd immunity. I can’t tell you how many people I know that were sick as hell at the end of November through December. I know several people that were told they had walking pneumonia same as I was told. Prior to this I could probably count on one hand all the people I knew with walking pneumonia in my entire life. Tine has talked about the two different strands of the virus, one being much more deadly. Maybe California got hit with the less serious strand straight from China while the east coast got hit with the more deadly strand via Europe. Idk, just spitballing here.

Load Metric
    Name:  7B0706BA-E725-4D16-BD6F-8949A91F2870.jpeg
Views: 433
Size:  810.8 KB

Comments

Crowe Diddly: Tremendous word-picture.

BCR: Fantastic

Jayjami:

LegalizeMeth: got him

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by v12cl View Post

What month?
    December 18th - 25th. She got very ill a few days into the trip.
    Power skimming thread. Couple California PFA guys describing already having symptoms last year.

I found this on @michaeljburry Twitter

https://www.ksbw.com/article/new-stu...d-19/32073873#

All the LA Asian visitors and homeless and other Cali crap - makes a lot of sense California already was exposed last year.

Stanford is testing for antibodies and we will know soon.

Stanford is Michael Lewis alma mater - it’s the same 5 characters over and over.

Certain cardiac dr has a gig there too

It’s a whole rabbit hole that’s pretty convincing.

Load Metric
    burry is also a huge maga conspiracist, btw.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    I’m not sure what this means.

He’s taking shots at Fauci.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

then hes a fucking idiot

Load Metric

he vanished for years and came back to bag on fauci, fawn over trump, and hit on right wing twitterchicks. he literally follows candace owens' account.

and a _lot_ of the 'data' he pushes about c19 is straight out of maganews sosh media amplifiers.

honestly he comes off like a mentally ill person in crisis.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Fauci's pops had a pharmacy in BK not to far from me. Don't know if thats been mentioned yet lol

Load Metric
    Last time I had no voice and knew no politicians, and no politicians responded or reached out to me. Today, I know a number of politicians, and none have responded or reached out to me. #COVID19 #EndTheShutdown

He doesn’t seem embedded with MAGA

Load Metric
    seems reeeeaaally unlikely Cali got a taste of the disease, that spreads like wildfire and overloads hospitals within months of initial infection, but suffered none of those effects, months ago. Corona doesn't do trial runs then retreat. If it was out of the bag in Cali before everywhere else, seems very likely we would not have to wonder about it months later.

More likely just a bunch of people who were kinda sick or had the flu and in hindsight remember it as black death, as memories are wont to do.

Load Metric
    Name:  7B0706BA-E725-4D16-BD6F-8949A91F2870.jpeg
Views: 433
Size:  810.8 KB
    Reminds me of a shit highly erratic QB we had at Ohio state before our run of first round draft picks.

Name:  ENPgyj2WwAANJDk.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  76.1 KB

Comments

Sanlmar: Genuine laugh Thx

Load Metric

he vanished for years and came back to bag on fauci, fawn over trump, and hit on right wing twitterchicks. he literally follows candace owens' account.

and a _lot_ of the 'data' he pushes about c19 is straight out of maganews sosh media amplifiers.

honestly he comes off like a mentally ill person in crisis.
    This is hard to argue

Name:  55FFE828-AF1D-4E11-90AC-BE31C23A52EF.jpeg
Views: 402
Size:  927.9 KB

Trump has been stress tested and is clearly lacking intellect and character. Had the free ride previously. [So I’m now vetted, right?

I am genuinely curious to have you point to some substantiation that he fawns over Trump. Even a credible person who feels the same as you do.

Indulge me please. I am not being argumentative but you know all these characters mean a lot to me. Michael Lewis hates Trump like no other. Fifth Risk prolly will be a movie.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Now that I know which Michael Lewis you’re talking about... His alma mater is Princeton, not Stanford.

Load Metric
    just go through his tweets, if he hasnt deleted them.

also i think its interesting that he showed up around the time gamestop was told it wasnt essential.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mich...hrome&ie=UTF-8

fuckin clown.

Load Metric
    just go through his tweets, if he hasnt deleted them.

also i think its interesting that he showed up around the time gamestop was told it wasnt essential.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mich...hrome&ie=UTF-8

fuckin clown.
    Now GameStop is pure aspergers at work. That’s retarded

I’m wading in.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Back to Work. Everyone. Back to Fucking Work.

Friend and his GF have a $250 bet on when they'll go back to work in NYC. O/U is June 1st. I think that's a really good line.

I say if you're a restaurant or bar worker, that a sure thing. If you are a office worker, mid June is more likely but I would still take the under.

Sidenote:

My 75 yr old Aunt broke her hip last week, and DIDNT GO TO FUCKING HOSPITAL for days because she didn't want to risk Corona, but the pain was too much and she went. Enough, old people, do old people things and stay home until this subsides and we go to work

Load Metric
    I hear ya OSA. NYC is gonna be a ghostown though. You are gonna have stories to tell. People are fleeing with their laptops. Commercial real estate is gonna get murdered.

Today my wife and her sewing circle were talking about COVID coming back around in November or whatever.

It was at that point I stated that once you let us out of our cages we are both going to be exposed.

I do not want to suffer it multiple times but it’s inescapable at least one time.

We are big fitness people. Sweaty gyms. Smelly hockey bags full of gear that is never washed. Sweaty, naked locker rooms. Maybe snapping towels will stop but ...

That’s my surrender.

Local car dealership just bought a massive gym for a used car lot. Smart people are looking into the future.

Little ramble but that’s were I’m coming from .... so the Burry anti lockdown posture isn’t an abominable argument. That ship has sailed and our kids will pay the price.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 04-09-2020 at 08:25 PM.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Gyms and Personal Trainers are gonna kill it after this is over.

Comments

Sanlmar: I hope so but I doubt it.

Load Metric
    Career
    Filer Anthony Fauci-America's Man on Infectious Diseases-VoA.webm
    Fauci discusses his work in 2020 (4 minutes)
    In 1968, Fauci joined the National Institutes of Health as a clinical associate in the Laboratory of Clinical Investigation (LCI) at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.[8] In 1974, he became Head of the Clinical Physiology Section, LCI, and in 1980 was appointed Chief of the Laboratory of Immunoregulation. In 1984, he became director of NIAID, a position he still holds as of 2020.[2] In that role he has the responsibility for an extensive research portfolio of basic and applied research on infectious and immune-mediated illnesses.[8] He has turned down several offers to lead his agency's parent, the NIH, and has been at the forefront of US efforts to contend with viral diseases like HIV, SARS, the 2009 swine flu pandemic, MERS, Ebola and COVID-19.[9]

He played a significant role in the early 2000s in creating the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief[10] and in driving development of biodefense drugs and vaccines following the 9/11 terrorist attacks.[11]

Medical achievements

President Bill Clinton visits the NIH in 1995 and hears about the latest advances in HIV/AIDS research from Fauci

Fauci poses for a photo with President George W. Bush in 2007
    Fauci has made important scientific observations that contributed to the understanding of regulation of the human immune response, and is recognized for delineating the mechanisms whereby immunosuppressive agents adapt to that response. He developed therapies for formerly fatal diseases such as polyarteritis nodosa, granulomatosis with polyangiitis, and lymphomatoid granulomatosis. In a 1985 Stanford University Arthritis Center Survey of the American Rheumatism Association, membership ranked Fauci's work on the treatment of polyarteritis nodosa and granulomatosis with polyangiitis as one of the most important advances in patient management in rheumatology over the previous 20 years.[12][13]Fauci has contributed to the understanding of how HIV destroys the body's defenses leading to the progression to AIDS. He has outlined the mechanisms of induction of HIV expression by endogenous cytokines.[13] Fauci has worked to develop strategies for the therapy and immune reconstitution of patients with the disease, as well as for a vaccine to prevent HIV infection. His current research is concentrated on identifying the nature of the immunopathogenic mechanisms of HIV infection and the scope of the body's immune responses to HIV.

In 2003, the Institute for Scientific Information stated that from 1983 to 2002, "Fauci was the 13th most-cited scientist among the 2.5 to 3 million authors in all disciplines throughout the world who published articles in scientific journals".[7]

8 tabling as i post this so gonna just postt hat/

not too hard to figure out who to take advive from. some blogging retard or this legend aka dr fauci
    Last edited by big dick; 04-09-2020 at 08:30 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    seems reeeeaaally unlikely Cali got a taste of the disease, that spreads like wildfire and overloads hospitals within months of initial infection, but suffered none of those effects, months ago. Corona doesn't do trial runs then retreat. If it was out of the bag in Cali before everywhere else, seems very likely we would not have to wonder about it months later.

More likely just a bunch of people who were kinda sick or had the flu and in hindsight remember it as black death, as memories are wont to do.
    I tested negative for the flu and can’t ever remember being sicker in my life. Also, my wife working in the hospital remembers there were a lot of sick people and she kept hearing that flu season came early. She thought that sounded strange but didn’t think anything of it until much later. It would be interesting to see if there was a higher level of deaths than average for California for the months of November and December compared to previous years.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: certainly a fair take rep

Load Metric
    Look, I shudder to think where we would be without Fauci. Trump is not a bright guy

However, nothing is black and white.

All of our responses socially and economically are experiments and art.

Nobody is perfect and should be willing to withstand rigorous debate without hurt feelings.

Fucking America loves Fauci and Trump and the approval ratings are beautiful. 4 more years.

I’m willing to think for myself.

Comments

big dick: I respect you and your opinion.

Thread Information