Page 235 of 946 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235236237238239245285335735 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,700 of 18904

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    You 100 percent have pollen issues
    You 100 percent have lunch lady arm issues

Comments

Jayjami: Ouch

tony bagadonuts: Zing!

Load Metric
    would love to see trump left alone in a room with that guy for a few minutes

Load Metric
    Gavin Newsom Declares California a ‘Nation-State’
    The state is at odds with the federal government over coronavirus plans and much else.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...onavirus-plans

Idk bout all of you but I trust this man a whole hell of a lot more than trump.

Load Metric
    So sorry pollen arms Been on fleek and stay on fleek

Load Metric
    130 dead bodies a day are being pulled out of nyc apartments. they dont even test them for c19 because they cant afford to spare the tests on corpses. emergency workers are working off the job because they are just full on traumatized.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post

Another excellent example would be: if a safe vaccine is available, could the government force you to take it? Really good arguments on both sides.

my understanding is the case has been decided on this front; fauci is already breaking people in for this being an incumbent reality sooner than later.
    Don’t get me started on people who refuse to vaccinate their children. Though for this one they might not actually need it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

I’m curious from the lawyers here. The first amendment and freedom to assemble peacefully. I’m sure there are limits and this has been addressed but I’ve never seen it. Could you deny these protestors and allow churches?

Would they have a case? I doubt it, but I’m just wondering. I think they’re morons who’d I’d douse with foam sanitizer and give five minutes to disperse.

I’d guess the right wingers will hate these people and defend churches, because religion and only the second amendment matters. That I agree with them on this one is irrelevant. I’m just curious if a church argues for free assembly does that open the door to protest?
    Here’s a quick primer. When a right is infringed upon by the state, the court uses one of 3 tests. When a “fundamental right” is in play (think procreation, speech, religion) the court uses the “strict scrutiny” test. This means that the state can violate your rights if it has a compelling state interest and the law is narrowly tailored to meet that goal. Importantly, the burden is on the state to prove that it considered other measures, and couldn’t accomplish the objective without a civil rights violation.

So would they have a case? Absolutely. This would be a great law school exam question.

Another excellent example would be: if a safe vaccine is available, could the government force you to take it? Really good arguments on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by BCR
    Got it. A quickly hurried vaccine would be infesting for a virus that has almost zero risk to children. Could you compel the anti-vax mother to vaccinate?

The anti-vaxxer movement is really going to rear its ugly head on this one, but nobody is talking about it yet because we're like a year away from seeing a vaccine here.

Many people have asked, "Why can't we speed up the development of a vaccine?"

My answer is, "Unlike treatments, vaccines can't be experimental or unproven. You're injecting people WITHOUT the disease. You have to be sure it's 100% safe before releasing it for the entire world to take, or the results would be catastrophic."

The anti-vaxxers have been objecting to vaccines which have been around for decades, and have a proven track record. Can you imagine their strong objection to a NEW vaccine which will not have very much time for its medium and long term effects to be known?

BCR also brings up the great point about children. A study in the US shows that both children AND teens seem to be almost immune to the major effects of the virus, unless they're infants or have a preexisting condition. Are parents going to be forced to vaccinate the kids anyway? Because truthfully, if you don't vaccinate kids, then it spreads again, because kids often show no symptoms and they aren't good with washing hands or covering their mouth when coughing/sneezing.

Now, one could argue that if all adults are vaccinated, we can just let the kids get it, and it won't hurt anyone. However, it's also very possible that the vaccine won't work 100% for everyone, so it's not trivial to simply let some people go unvaccinated and trust the vaccine will protect everyone who got it.

Now, a small percentage of unvaccinated people shouldn't cause a big issue in theory, but we saw that at play in 2010, when the anti-vaxxers caused the whooping cough to come back after decades of dormancy, and it was found that the whooping cough vaccine really only lasts 10 years, thus people were actually vulnerable. Ten babies in California died in 2010 thanks to that.

Load Metric

There is nothing more European than showing up to a country uninvited and bringing their horrible diseases with them to kill the locals. America was legitimately founded on that. They might not have been able to colonize until after the mid 1800s when weaponry became more advanced if they didn’t kill 90% of the native Americans with small pox, measles, etc.

China has taken over everything including being more European than Europeans
    FYP

And they’re still at it.

Most New York Coronavirus Cases Came From Europe, Genomes Show
    https://apple.news/AWcom7X2aRLqfG3Ihgw4CVQ
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 04-09-2020 at 04:51 PM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Tine I heard even after all ur handwringing and panic ur still fat are these facts

Load Metric
    ES VERDAD

Comments

Jayjami: Tu es El Gordo?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

There is nothing more European than showing up to a country uninvited and bringing your horrible diseases with you to kill the locals. America was legitimately founded on that. They might not have been able to colonize until after the mid 1800s when weaponry became more advanced if they didn’t kill 90% of the native Americans with small pox, measles, etc.

China has taken over everything including being more European than Europeans
    FYP

And they’re still at it.

Most New York Coronavirus Cases Came From Europe, Genomes Show
    https://apple.news/AWcom7X2aRLqfG3Ihgw4CVQ
    Actually makes sense given the outbreaks are in the highest per capita Italian states. I made a joke about if this thing kills off old Italian men I’ll be going to funerals every day like six weeks ago. I forgot there would be no funerals. High Italian population and mass transit are mostly the same states, and this clearly doesn’t discriminate, but it moving from travelers to Italy and Europe in NY and NJ wouldn’t be shocking given the demographics of those states.

That genome testing would suggest the virus wasn’t here in December, correct? Like Blake and his whole neighborhood being sick in December would spread to NYC or vice versa being a train ride away and it wouldn’t be genetically linked to Europe’s outbreak, or am I missing something?

Is it possible blake was patient 0 with his daily bat soup and he exported it to NYC and Europe?
    Last edited by BCR; 04-09-2020 at 05:03 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    The state is at odds with the federal government over coronavirus plans and much else.

I’m not a Gavin Newsom fan at all, but the head of UCSF says we are flattening the curve. We’re not running out of masks, shipping ventilators to other states, and had early social distancing. Amazing what science can accomplish.

Load Metric
    Fox News Poll: Trump job approval hits new high as voters rally during crisis

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox...-during-crisis

haha the fox sheep being led to slaughter

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I’m not a Gavin Newsom fan at all, but the head of UCSF says we are flattening the curve. We’re not running out of masks, shipping ventilators to other states, and had early social distancing. Amazing what science can accomplish.
    Newsom has actually done a good job with this. I'm the opposite of a Newsom fan, but he has been very reasonable throughout this entire thing.

Democrats can also take a lesson from him on how to focus on the task at hand and NOT politicize it. Newsom actually praised Trump at one point, saying something like, "Everything he has promised us, he's delivered", regarding supplies for California. (This got TDS Democrats in the state angry at him, of course.)

Newsom has done a ton of idiotic things since taking office, but somehow he rose to the task on this, and indeed California is faring surprisingly well here, despite its 40 million population. Mind you, the state has some advantages with a virus like this, having its population more spread out, and having little public transportation. Still, it's done well.

Comments

sonatine: he and Queen Nancy have been paragons of sanity and virtue, may God protect them both

Load Metric

More like amazing what a man can accomplish when he isn't trying to kill off the people he is in charge of taking care of.

Druff you gonna sit here and tell me that you feel you and your family are safer with trump calling the shots than Newsom or ohio govenor mike Dewine?

Load Metric

The civilized states should just cut ties with Dumbfuckistan already.

Comments

sonatine: honestly i want to see fox news do a poll about this shit right here.

big dick: Until he is out i agree.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    More like amazing what a man can accomplish when he isn't trying to kill off the people he is in charge of taking care of.

Druff you gonna sit here and tell me that you feel you and your family are safer with trump calling the shots than Newsom or ohio govenor mike Dewine?
    Look up, I just praised Newsom.

I will give Democrats praise when they deserve it. I also praised previous governor Jerry Brown (a liberal Democrat) many times, especially because he was his own man and didn't let the Democratic establishment push him around.

Comments

big dick: green for seeing the light

Load Metric
    I posted that after your post.

Glad to see you aren't 100% close minded. This man is watching out for you and your family.

If he was a republician i'd say the same thing.

Load Metric

That poll gives Fauci power to basically say whatever the fuck he wants and dare Trump to fire him. Trump still might. It should embolden him to speak more freely when Trump is talking gibberish as he is most often. He should basically just start his speaking time by saying to ignore what the president just said because he doesn’t know wtf he is talking about when he goes off on his nonsense.

If he has had enough and sick of having to work around Trump and feels Trump is going to be stupid and endanger the public and lift things too quickly, I’d go out like that if I were him. He’s almost 80. I wouldn’t want associated with a second wave if I had the chance to go on the record. You’re wrong and no one remembers because they’re just happy it’s gone and you were being a conservative doctor erring on side of safety. Things go south and you were the lone voice of reason as he drove the bus off the cliff and they’re naming med schools after you still in 30 years.

I’m sure he’s most guided by wanting to see the country emerge as well as possible, but he has unique perspective to see if Trump is going to endanger millions by giving in to pressure. If he disagrees with it, and thinks it’s a bad idea, he has the power to say this guy is going to get millions killed on the way out the door and have it actually resonate. Those numbers show why he hasn’t been fired yet.

A lot of senators are going to get re-elected. Thats a real bump.

Load Metric

That poll gives Fauci power to basically say whatever the fuck he wants and dare Trump to fire him. Trump still might. It should embolden him to speak more freely when Trump is talking gibberish as he is most often. He should basically just start his speaking time by saying to ignore what the president just said because he doesn’t know wtf he is talking about when he goes off on his nonsense.

If he has had enough and sick of having to work around Trump and feels Trump is going to be stupid and endanger the public and lift things too quickly, I’d go out like that if I were him. He’s almost 80. I wouldn’t want associated with a second wave if I had the chance to go on the record. You’re wrong and no one remembers because they’re just happy it’s gone and you were being a conservative doctor erring on side of safety. Things go south and you were the lone voice of reason as he drove the bus off the cliff and they’re naming med schools after you still in 30 years.

I’m sure he’s most guided by wanting to see the country emerge as well as possible, but he has unique perspective to see if Trump is going to endanger millions by giving in to pressure. If he disagrees with it, and thinks it’s a bad idea, he has the power to say this guy is going to get millions killed on the way out the door and have it actually resonate. Those numbers show why he hasn’t been fired yet.

A lot of senators are going to get re-elected. Thats a real bump.
    I have been saying the same thing around the house here. Dr fauci needs to just got in front of the people and tell it like it is. You can tell by the body language of dr fauci and dr birx that they are disgusted by what trump is saying when he is up there ranting and raving about health related issues .

Thread Information