Page 227 of 947 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237277327727 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,540 of 18935

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Sooo... let's get back to the Instacart topic.

Thoughts?

Experiences?

Part of me thinks I may not be gaining much from it, because if that person is doing this all day back and forth from various stores, they're exposing themselves big time, and I kinda hate getting a delivery from them. And it's not known very well how long it lives on surfaces to the point where it infects people (there were reports on the Diamond Princess that traces of the virus existed 17 days after people left!!)

Ideally if I found some unemployed person in the area who could just do this for me for some extra cash, but wouldn't be doing it all day for a ton of other people, I would like that best.

I still think even Instacart is a safer option than going yourself, because:

1) You won't get it in the air like you might at the supermarket
    2) You can put the perishable stuff away, be really careful, wash your hands, and leave the rest of the stuff sitting for 2-3 days and likely be pretty safe, even if the dude did have COVID-19.

Do you have Walmart Curbside in your area? Or any Grocery Curbside?

Walmart's appointments are only two days out, but in my experience they open new slots up for next day at 3am cst. I bring Lid Totes with me and have the grocer load the groceries into them. Non-perishables stay in the totes for two days, I always wipe before use. While perishables get a wipe and put into my outside fridges and freezers for at least two days before use.

Load Metric
    If they find out that using delivery for takeout or groceries has even a medium chance of transmission my family is screwed. We have done as good a job as posible staying at home but we have ordered in everything for the last four weeks.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

Yet you have NEVER deleted a Muck Ficon post trolling many of us. Never once. It's your forum, but just stop being some type of religious figure. You are not Joel Osteen.
    Muck Ficon hardly posts anymore, if you haven't noticed. You're just obsessed with him for no reason.
    It's because he chased everyone off. He drove traffic away. You did an tremendous disservice to the forum by not banning his face. He still pops in every now and again, it's just a matter of time before his internet gets cut of due to lack of payment so it really does not matter I guess. It's Darwinsm. Soon. I simply cannot fathom why you let a snarky troll to exist as long as he has. Terrible decision.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

Muck Ficon hardly posts anymore, if you haven't noticed. You're just obsessed with him for no reason.
    It's because he chased everyone off. He drove traffic away. You did an tremendous disservice to the forum by not banning his face. He still pops in every now and again, it's just a matter of time before his internet gets cut of due to lack of payment so it really does not matter I guess. It's Darwinsm. Soon. I simply cannot fathom why you let a snarky troll to exist as long as he has. Terrible decision.
    Look in the mirror faggot.

Comments

nunbeater: sftrue

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Not one but TWO people!?!?
    I don't know why you insist upon trolling so much I write in this thread.

Two people is far more significant than one in something like this, because a single person could have had all kinds of individual circumstances leading to this, but knowing two different unrelated people having the same illness,= at around the same time, points to a lot more than that.

It's especially dumb for you to troll a post like this because it's apolitical, and if anything, is critical of the government (meaning the Trump Administration). You should be happy to see me posting something like this, not trying to find petty things to mock.

It points to absolutely nothing at all, being the point.

Anecdotal evidence is currently all that your cult has but knowing two people who were independently sick of course is in no way indicative of a bigger thing.lnother tha you know two people who got sick, one who takes a medicine for lupus, etc.

Comments

Krypt:
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric

Two people is far more significant than one in something like this, because a single person could have had all kinds of individual circumstances leading to this, but knowing two different unrelated people having the same illness,= at around the same time, points to a lot more than that.

It's especially dumb for you to troll a post like this because it's apolitical, and if anything, is critical of the government (meaning the Trump Administration). You should be happy to see me posting something like this, not trying to find petty things to mock.

Anecdotal evidence is currently all that your cult has but knowing two people who were independently sick of course is in no way indicative of a bigger thing.lnother tha you know two people who got sick, one who takes a medicine for lupus, etc.

its also part of a systemic campaign of right wing disinformation designed to undermine scientific process while propping up trumps Divine Authority.

its a good time in history to be very stupid or russian.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    So..... this is a bit strange.

Before you dismiss this as an idiotic Twitter conspiracy theory:

1) A ton of people responded saying they had the same experience

2) I know not one, but TWO people who came down with a very similar illness to COVID-19 in early January. "Sicker than I've ever been in my life", "I thought I was going to die", "A terrible dry cough which tortured me", etc. These people told me at the time, so it wasn't like they are modifying history to fit the narrative. Nobody in the US knew of COVID-19 then.

Is it possible this has actually been in the US since December, and the government is either ignorant to this or lying about it?

The significance? If this is true, then there might be far more asymptomatic people who already had it and don't know it. The antibody tests can't come enough.

Also, this might mean China is lying about yet another thing, and just moved back the date of discovering the virus, so their silence about the matter doesn't look as egregious.

I feel like this is a month ago conversation. The last flu season was really bad. I know a lot of people convinced they already had it. I am guessing the answer is no. The main reason I think it’s no is because that one Seattle doctor collected thousands upon thousands of nasal swabs for a test she was doing for the seasonal flu in Seattle.

Once China virus hit she knew she had the perfect way to see if it had already spread in the US. There were a few positives and she wondered about community spread. . She wasn’t allowed because of HIPPA, but she admitted she finally decided to break HIPPA and she started testing all the swabs. She found a young dude who was positive. A scientist mapped the DNA of the positive test and it all went back to the first case in Seattle who had recently returned from Asia.

Had it been circulating around, she had thousands of nasal swabs. It wouldn’t have been just a case she found. It would have been super prevalent. I didn’t dismiss this theory because I can easily see how people may have been sick and there wasn’t a test and it was missed, but I don’t see how it’s possible. I believe people had a really particularly nasty flu and there is now a lot of wishful hoping that they already had it, but tbh, it doesn’t make sense.
    My guess is that most people pushing the narrative about that “widespread bad illness was Covid-19 already here” are doing so to give Team Trump an indirect pass for fucking up addressing this crisis for months after Trump was first warned about it in the secret intelligence briefings back in January. Because if it was already here and everyone already had it, what could their Dear Leader have possibly done to save us from it???
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Are people really scared of going to the store?

The problem right now is that people are still buying too much toilet paper, paper towels, lysol products, hand wipes, hand sanitizer, etc.

Then most of the food like bread, soup, eggs, rice, pasta, water and certain frozen meals are sold out very quickly.

If you have someone over 65 years old with you, then you can go early to several stores like Walmart, Smith's, Costco or Whole Foods on certain days early in the morning.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    If they find out that using delivery for takeout or groceries has even a medium chance of transmission my family is screwed. We have done as good a job as posible staying at home but we have ordered in everything for the last four weeks.
    My gut is that it actually goes the other way, and it is virtually impossible to get it off a surface short of someone with active infection coughing on your hand and then you wiping your eye.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    My guess is that most people pushing the narrative about that “widespread bad illness was Covid-19 already here” are doing so to give Team Trump an indirect pass for fucking up addressing this crisis for months after Trump was first warned about it in the secret intelligence briefings back in January. Because if it was already here and everyone already had it, what could their Dear Leader have possibly done to save us from it???
    No,

It is (probably false) hope that they already had it and survived and are immune now.

Comments

MumblesBadly: That makes sense, also.

Load Metric
    I lose my taste always before I get a cold. Even a minor one. Probably every other year. There have been times its happened to me when I’m out at a nice restaurant and all of a sudden realize I might as well be eating a rice cake because I can’t taste what I just ordered. It’s how I know one is coming. Usually lasts maybe two days-lack of taste-and comes back before cold is even gone. I start pounding the coldez as soon as I lose it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

This is a forum to discuss things, is it not? This thread is also 227 pages long, with lots of speculation and guessing.

Of course the "two people" I talked about are anecdotal, but it's worth mentioning in the context of the "COVID has been here since December" theory, since it's something I personally observed. That's a lot more valid to me than reading thirdhand reports from strangers on Twitter.

There's so many unknowns here, and so much lying from China, that all reasonable possibilities need to be considered, even if only floated out as something to think about.

You have a reflexive angry reaction to anything you perceive to remind you of Republicans or Trump, especially related to this virus.

Even sonatine, who is about as opposite as right wing or Trump-supporting as you can get, has acknowledged that he also feels that COVID-19 being in the country in 2019 is a possibility.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I lose my taste always before I get a cold. Even a minor one. Probably every other year. There have been times its happened to me when I’m out at a nice restaurant and all of a sudden realize I might as well be eating a rice cake because I can’t taste what I just ordered. It’s how I know one is coming. Usually lasts maybe two days-lack of taste-and comes back before cold is even gone. I start pounding the coldez as soon as I lose it.
    I've heard this from some people, but none have described it as extreme as you're describing above. I've had people tell me they can taste less during a cold, but not that it disappears. I think you're in the minority with this one.

I've never lost my sense of smell or taste, aside from decreased smell when my nasal passages are physically clogged during a cold.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    No,

It is (probably false) hope that they already had it and survived and are immune now.
    Probably a bit of both.

I've already posted this here before but I was sick as fuck, & sicker than I'd ever been in my life, in May 2018, May 2019 & again, but not nearly as bad, in Nov 2019 but I'm not gonna pretend it was Covid-19. My wife was convinced I had pneumonia, or something worse, & I needed to sleep in another room because my breathing problems were so bad.

I had every symptom except I was congested so it wasn't a dry cough IMO & maybe a few other small differences. The problem with antecdotal evidence is the same as eye-witness evidence in a capital murder case. It's unreliable because of unconscious bias. They want it to be true for some reason.

Also, most people are unwilling to admit they suffer from some underlying conditions that can make a cold or a flu strain worse for you like what happened to me. I refused to acknowledge that I was diagnosed with asthma in early 2011 & the first 2 times I let it get way, way too far before seeking medical help but the third time I was proactive & started using my asthma medications at the first signs & it wasn't nearly as bad although I did still miss a full week of work as a precaution.

My body just wasn't processing oxygen like it should have because of this condition. I believe a lot of people are developing these conditions due to pollution, allergies or direct low level exposure to something specific that we're not yet aware of their long term consequences. It's definitely the last 2 with me as I have always had allergies, although they are getting worse as I age, & been exposed to some things in my job that I now regret not being as careful as I should have been.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Sonatine,

I have a question for you. What is the end game for you for this?

For example, I am quarantining myself, and social distancing and wearing a mask and washing my hands and all that. Being a good citizen to flatten the curve.

But I still expect I will get the disease at some point. I don't plan on doing this indefinitely, and when the world opens and I venture forth into it I am sure the virus will still be around the population and eventually I will get it.

It seems you have an endgame of actually never getting the virus, and I was curious what it is? Stay indoors with strict quarantining and hygiene until a vaccine in 1-2 years?

Load Metric
    Sonatine,

For example, I am quarantining myself, and social distancing and wearing a mask and washing my hands and all that. Being a good citizen to flatten the curve.

But I still expect I will get the disease at some point. I don't plan on doing this indefinitely, and when the world opens and I venture forth into it I am sure the virus will still be around the population and eventually I will get it.

It seems you have an endgame of actually never getting the virus, and I was curious what it is? Stay indoors with strict quarantining and hygiene until a vaccine in 1-2 years?

I'll wait and see what options are on the table but my principle concern is not being in a position where I'm essentially competing with other infection cases for resources.

Plus the longer you push off infection, the better the science for treatment. Not to mention, the longer one bunkers down, the fewer people one has to worry about infecting.

Comments

big dick: exactly how we are handling it

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/peop...2fdGt?ocid=sf2

surprisingly sound advice from someone infected.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Sonatine,

I'll wait and see what options are on the table but my principle concern is not being in a position where I'm essentially competing with other infection cases for resources.

Plus the longer you push off infection, the better the science for treatment. Not to mention, the longer one bunkers down, the fewer people one has to worry about infecting.
    Ok. So you are open to the idea of re-entering the world before a vaccine, and putting yourself at risk of getting infected, if the conditions are right. Fair enough.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/peop...2fdGt?ocid=sf2

surprisingly sound advice from someone infected.
    I saw some other video somewhere along similar lines of respiratory techniques that will mitigate the chance of developing pneumonia. I didn't even realize, but I guess there is a whole (legitimate) science of non pharmaceutical respiratory therapy. Probably not now, but under normal times patients in the hospital with pneumonia will actually have respiratory therapists walk them through it.

Thread Information