Page 226 of 946 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236276326726 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,520 of 18918

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    i think if you read this thread youd realize that a) it was detected late last year here and b) tons of people have been saying the same thing for a long ass time.

a lot of flu deaths are likely c19 related.

I don't remember seeing that in this thread and I've been reading it the whole way. Maybe I missed it at some point?

Anyway, the official narrative from everywhere is that the first case was on January 19:

On January 19, 2020, a 35-year-old man presented to an urgent care clinic in Snohomish County, Washington, with a 4-day history of cough and subjective fever.
    https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2001191

China did not report any cases until December 31.

If two people I personally know (who have nothing to do with one another, and live 400 miles apart) had it in early January, it means that this was far more widespread in the US at the time than just a few isolated cases which hadn't yet been recognized.

I suppose it's possible that both just had a bad flu. However, both reported it to have been the sickest they ever were.

This could actually be a huge game-changer if it turns out that a shitload of us already had it and were asymptomatic (or had symptoms so mild we forgot them), and the people we're seeing sick/dead are just the "unlucky" part of the population who suffered major issues from it.

Of most interest, 46.5% of the passengers on the Diamond Princess who tested positive, most of whom were most likely older, had no symptoms.

Load Metric
    731 deaths today in USA highest yet

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    So..... this is a bit strange.

Before you dismiss this as an idiotic Twitter conspiracy theory:

1) A ton of people responded saying they had the same experience

2) I know not one, but TWO people who came down with a very similar illness to COVID-19 in early January. "Sicker than I've ever been in my life", "I thought I was going to die", "A terrible dry cough which tortured me", etc. These people told me at the time, so it wasn't like they are modifying history to fit the narrative. Nobody in the US knew of COVID-19 then.

Is it possible this has actually been in the US since December, and the government is either ignorant to this or lying about it?

The significance? If this is true, then there might be far more asymptomatic people who already had it and don't know it. The antibody tests can't come enough.

Also, this might mean China is lying about yet another thing, and just moved back the date of discovering the virus, so their silence about the matter doesn't look as egregious.

I feel like this is a month ago conversation. The last flu season was really bad. I know a lot of people convinced they already had it. I am guessing the answer is no. The main reason I think it’s no is because that one Seattle doctor collected thousands upon thousands of nasal swabs for a test she was doing for the seasonal flu in Seattle.

Once China virus hit she knew she had the perfect way to see if it had already spread in the US. There were a few positives and she wondered about community spread. . She wasn’t allowed because of HIPPA, but she admitted she finally decided to break HIPPA and she started testing all the swabs. She found a young dude who was positive. A scientist mapped the DNA of the positive test and it all went back to the first case in Seattle who had recently returned from Asia.

Had it been circulating around, she had thousands of nasal swabs. It wouldn’t have been just a case she found. It would have been super prevalent. I didn’t dismiss this theory because I can easily see how people may have been sick and there wasn’t a test and it was missed, but I don’t see how it’s possible. I believe people had a really particularly nasty flu and there is now a lot of wishful hoping that they already had it, but tbh, it doesn’t make sense.

the amount of time it takes for a virus in wuhan to travel around the world is honestly measured in days (possibly hours) not months.

ive read the DNA map post, its extremely convincing, but ive also seen stuff from .. more opaque sources.... that imply strongly that at least one strain made an appearance on american soil in late 2019.

im not willing to like, stake my reputation on it, but what i was told and who told it to me makes me disinclined to question is provenance.

also the chinese december XX date is almost certainly nonsense, least of all because it points out a detection date. add on misdiagnosis and incubation phase and things fall into place quickly.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    "?"

Way more than that. I'm seeing 1919 (!!) in past 24 hours.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: I may be wrong

Load Metric
    I don't remember seeing that in this thread and I've been reading it the whole way. Maybe I missed it at some point?

Anyway, the official narrative from everywhere is that the first case was on January 19:

On January 19, 2020, a 35-year-old man presented to an urgent care clinic in Snohomish County, Washington, with a 4-day history of cough and subjective fever.

If two people I personally know (who have nothing to do with one another, and live 400 miles apart) had it in early January, it means that this was far more widespread in the US at the time than just a few isolated cases which hadn't yet been recognized.

I suppose it's possible that both just had a bad flu. However, both reported it to have been the sickest they ever were.

This could actually be a huge game-changer if it turns out that a shitload of us already had it and were asymptomatic (or had symptoms so mild we forgot them), and the people we're seeing sick/dead are just the "unlucky" part of the population who suffered major issues from it.

Of most interest, 46.5% of the passengers on the Diamond Princess who tested positive, most of whom were most likely older, had no symptoms.

all this actually backs up the thesis i was told... it was likely 'in the wild' in china around november 2019 and popped up here within days.

https://www.newscientist.com/article...e-more-deadly/

there is an S type strain and an L type strain. the S type strain was less lethal and made an appearance first. hence it not ending up on the radar perhaps.

also im not sure if a test designed to flag L antibodies will discover S antibodies, which could also explain a few things, beyond the fact that the tests are trassssssssh and totally unreliable.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    "?"

Way more than that. I'm seeing 1919 (!!) in past 24 hours.

i think he means in ny.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: could be right watching news

Load Metric

2) I know not one, but TWO people who came down with a very similar illness to COVID-19 in early January. "Sicker than I've ever been in my life", "I thought I was going to die", "A terrible dry cough which tortured me", etc. These people told me at the time, so it wasn't like they are modifying history to fit the narrative. Nobody in the US knew of COVID-19 then.

Is it possible this has actually been in the US since December, and the government is either ignorant to this or lying about it?

The significance? If this is true, then there might be far more asymptomatic people who already had it and don't know it. The antibody tests can't come enough.

Also, this might mean China is lying about yet another thing, and just moved back the date of discovering the virus, so their silence about the matter doesn't look as egregious.
    Not one but TWO people!?!?
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

I recently had someone I know very well die from pneumonia. The symptoms were very similar to Covid-19. This person became sick and went into the hospital on Feb 10th. They were sedated, and only lasted a week, passing away on Feb 18th. It definitely could have been Covid-19. This person also got me sick, but it felt like a normal flu for me and I never felt I needed to go to the hospital.

This was in Southern California.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

I don't know why you insist upon trolling so much I write in this thread.

Two people is far more significant than one in something like this, because a single person could have had all kinds of individual circumstances leading to this, but knowing two different unrelated people having the same illness,= at around the same time, points to a lot more than that.

It's especially dumb for you to troll a post like this because it's apolitical, and if anything, is critical of the government (meaning the Trump Administration). You should be happy to see me posting something like this, not trying to find petty things to mock.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

I feel like this is a month ago conversation. The last flu season was really bad. I know a lot of people convinced they already had it. I am guessing the answer is no. The main reason I think it’s no is because that one Seattle doctor collected thousands upon thousands of nasal swabs for a test she was doing for the seasonal flu in Seattle.

Once China virus hit she knew she had the perfect way to see if it had already spread in the US. There were a few positives and she wondered about community spread. . She wasn’t allowed because of HIPPA, but she admitted she finally decided to break HIPPA and she started testing all the swabs. She found a young dude who was positive. A scientist mapped the DNA of the positive test and it all went back to the first case in Seattle who had recently returned from Asia.

Had it been circulating around, she had thousands of nasal swabs. It wouldn’t have been just a case she found. It would have been super prevalent. I didn’t dismiss this theory because I can easily see how people may have been sick and there wasn’t a test and it was missed, but I don’t see how it’s possible. I believe people had a really particularly nasty flu and there is now a lot of wishful hoping that they already had it, but tbh, it doesn’t make sense.

the amount of time it takes for a virus in wuhan to travel around the world is honestly measured in days (possibly hours) not months.

ive read the DNA map post, its extremely convincing, but ive also seen stuff from .. more opaque sources.... that imply strongly that at least one strain made an appearance on american soil in late 2019.

im not willing to like, stake my reputation on it, but what i was told and who told it to me makes me disinclined to question is provenance.

also the chinese december XX date is almost certainly nonsense, least of all because it points out a detection date. add on misdiagnosis and incubation phase and things fall into place quickly.

Yeah if the covid test won’t pick it up, then sure. The person I know who is most convinced she had it is a 19 year old girl. She was sick as fuck. I saw her. She legit crawled to the bathroom she was so sick. Like that for two solid weeks right after Christmas. When this first hit my mind went straight to her.

I just don’t know. No one avoided her. Her grandparents are like the most likely people to get wiped out in five minutes from covid and they never got sick despite bringing her chicken soup and visiting every day. It has to be some weird variant that ain’t acting like this strain.

But most of these people saying they were sicker than they’ve ever been are youngish from what I see. Like all these stories come from people under 50. They were sicker than even this strain is making people. I can totally believe it was here in December. That’s not some long time difference. I guess we will see when the antibody tests come out

Comments

sonatine: taste / smell loss = dead giveaway

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Sooo... let's get back to the Instacart topic.

Thoughts?

Experiences?

Part of me thinks I may not be gaining much from it, because if that person is doing this all day back and forth from various stores, they're exposing themselves big time, and I kinda hate getting a delivery from them. And it's not known very well how long it lives on surfaces to the point where it infects people (there were reports on the Diamond Princess that traces of the virus existed 17 days after people left!!)

Ideally if I found some unemployed person in the area who could just do this for me for some extra cash, but wouldn't be doing it all day for a ton of other people, I would like that best.

I still think even Instacart is a safer option than going yourself, because:

1) You won't get it in the air like you might at the supermarket
    2) You can put the perishable stuff away, be really careful, wash your hands, and leave the rest of the stuff sitting for 2-3 days and likely be pretty safe, even if the dude did have COVID-19.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Two people is far more significant than one in something like this, because a single person could have had all kinds of individual circumstances leading to this, but knowing two different unrelated people having the same illness,= at around the same time, points to a lot more than that.

It's especially dumb for you to troll a post like this because it's apolitical, and if anything, is critical of the government (meaning the Trump Administration). You should be happy to see me posting something like this, not trying to find petty things to mock.
    The ONLY trolling you not allow is you and your posts. Many of us have been trolled for years and you turn a blind eye, unless it's about you and you get offended. No offense though it is your site but stop acting like you are banning trolls other than those that offend you.

Comments

splitthis: Coming from number 1 troll lol

big dick: druff is like a mini trump

Load Metric
    I might call my vet and see if they can test one of my dogs for antibodies, their illnesses started with coughing in late February and then into severe gi issues. I’ve had dogs all my life and never saw anything like this. They both had fevers. They were put on antibiotics twice. This went on over a month. I would say they are 80% normal today. The vet said there were many other dogs coming in with similar issues.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Sooo... let's get back to the Instacart topic.

Thoughts?

Experiences?

Part of me thinks I may not be gaining much from it, because if that person is doing this all day back and forth from various stores, they're exposing themselves big time, and I kinda hate getting a delivery from them. And it's not known very well how long it lives on surfaces to the point where it infects people (there were reports on the Diamond Princess that traces of the virus existed 17 days after people left!!)

Ideally if I found some unemployed person in the area who could just do this for me for some extra cash, but wouldn't be doing it all day for a ton of other people, I would like that best.

I still think even Instacart is a safer option than going yourself, because:

1) You won't get it in the air like you might at the supermarket
    2) You can put the perishable stuff away, be really careful, wash your hands, and leave the rest of the stuff sitting for 2-3 days and likely be pretty safe, even if the dude did have COVID-19.

im doing as much shopping as possible via instacart and its fantastic.

i assume everything that arrives is contaminated and handle it accordingly. easy peasy. plenty of great tips itt about decontaminating delivered food/groceries.

Comments

DirtyErnie:

Platinum
    Load Metric

Ya we discussed at length in this thread long ago. I’m on the list as being pretty sure I had it before there was testing available. I tested negative for the flu and they told me I had walking pneumonia without actually doing tests . Had all the COV-19 symptoms. They gave me antibiotics which didn’t work. Was sick as a dog for pretty much the entire month of December.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

The ONLY trolling you not allow is you and your posts. Many of us have been trolled for years and you turn a blind eye, unless it's about you and you get offended. No offense though it is your site but stop acting like you are banning trolls other than those that offend you.
    I allow more trolling of me than almost any other forum owner ever, so you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Additionally, I deleted a pointless troll post you made to RichardBrodiesCombover, and I deleted that post BEFORE you made the above post attempting to call me out. So yes, I care about trolling when it fucks up the forum, even if it doesn't involve me.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I will say that the flu and COVID-19 have a LOT of symptom overlap, so it's hard to distinguish the two in many cases.

The biggest differences:

COVID-19 usually (but not always) has shortness of breath, flu usually does not.

COVID-19 sometimes has loss of taste and/or smell. Flu never does, and in fact those are very uncommon symptoms for anything else. So if your sense of taste or smell vanishes, you know you have it.

Load Metric

I allow more trolling of me than almost any other forum owner ever, so you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Additionally, I deleted a pointless troll post you made to RichardBrodiesCombover, and I deleted that post BEFORE you made the above post attempting to call me out. So yes, I care about trolling when it fucks up the forum, even if it doesn't involve me.
    Yet you have NEVER deleted a Muck Ficon post trolling many of us. Never once. It's your forum, but just stop being some type of religious figure. You are not Joel Osteen.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Yet you have NEVER deleted a Muck Ficon post trolling many of us. Never once. It's your forum, but just stop being some type of religious figure. You are not Joel Osteen.
    Muck Ficon hardly posts anymore, if you haven't noticed. You're just obsessed with him for no reason.

Thread Information