Page 222 of 946 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272322722 ... LastLast
Results 4,421 to 4,440 of 18903

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    I’m putting on my team retard jersey and MAGA hat for this one and rolling the dice if I got real sick. I saw two local 40-somethings give their account on TV of shit going very south and making a quickish turnaround once they were prescribed it. They were ready to be put on a ventilator and packed in ice already to keep fever down. That isn’t proof of anything or that they would have died but good enough for me. Give me that shit and AIDS drugs and whatever else.

I basically can’t be intubated though. That’s the dealbreaker for me.

I have orange stickers on every file in my medical history. They almost lost me during my first surgery and went nasal intubation the last 3, and it was still touch and go for two hour procedures.

I’m considered a difficult airway and have an actual med alert bracelet that I’m not sure I ever could find. They are losing 50% of ventilator patients anyway. If they almost lose me every time they try under normal circumstances with the best guy in town taking his time, I figure I’m like 98% dead if they ever need to do that quickly, wearing a hazmat suit, and performed by some ER doctor with a degree from New Delhi Juco. No way. Fuck that. Give me the anti-malarial and I’ll roll the dice.

No opinion on the general public, but I’m glad to have the option if it gets hairy. I’m glad Trump ok’d doctors at least having the ability to make that call. Best thing he’s done imo during this whole thing for me. It’s not like they are just going to do it because he said they can.

I’m glad someone can try it without having to worry about getting sued. I think I’d actually choose euthanasia before ventilation. 50% death rate and do some reading on ventilator delirium if you want to have nightmares. Only 80% get it.

I’m not so sure those surviving the ventilator isn’t going to be its own 60 minutes in a few years about people living in hell and basically mentally in Regarding Henry territory cognitively

Load Metric
    What is the point of arguing w/a fox "news" viewer?
    They are selective as it is, to only watch that crap in the 1st place, and THEN they are selective w/what they see on fox.

Listen to this guy. 'complete and utter nonsense'.
    Trump is a snake oil salesman, and this is the new snake oil.

Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

they are virtually the same drug.

Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine are drugs derived from the quinoline molecule. Both are used as antimalarial blood schizonticides, and hydroxychloroquine is also frequently used as an antirheumatic. Their mechanism of action is not entirely understood. However, despite their varying therapeutic dosage and toxicity, both drugs have similar clinical indications and side effects. One of their most serious side effects is retinal toxicity, referred to as 4AQ retinopathy or chloroquine retinopathy, which must be screened for in all cases of long-term use.

Comments

Cerveza Fria: Fake News
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I’m putting on my team retard jersey and MAGA hat for this one and rolling the dice if I got real sick. I saw two local 40-somethings give their account on TV of shit going very south and making a quickish turnaround once they were prescribed it. They were ready to be put on a ventilator and packed in ice already to keep fever down. That isn’t proof of anything or that they would have died but good enough for me. Give me that shit and AIDS drugs and whatever else.

I basically can’t be intubated though. That’s the dealbreaker for me.

I have orange stickers on every file in my medical history. They almost lost me during my first surgery and went nasal intubation the last 3, and it was still touch and go for two hour procedures.

I’m considered a difficult airway and have an actual med alert bracelet that I’m not sure I ever could find. They are losing 50% of ventilator patients anyway. If they almost lose me every time they try under normal circumstances with the best guy in town taking his time, I figure I’m like 98% dead if they ever need to do that quickly, wearing a hazmat suit, and performed by some ER doctor with a degree from New Delhi Juco. No way. Fuck that. Give me the anti-malarial and I’ll roll the dice.

No opinion on the general public, but I’m glad to have the option if it gets hairy. I’m glad Trump ok’d doctors at least having the ability to make that call. Best thing he’s done imo during this whole thing for me. It’s not like they are just going to do it because he said they can.
    M
    I’m glad someone can try it without having to worry about getting sued. I think I’d actually choose euthanasia before ventilation. 50% death rate and do some reading on ventilator delirium if you want to have nightmares. Only 80% get it.

I’m not so sure those surviving the ventilator isn’t going to be its own 60 minutes in a few years about people living in hell and basically mentally in Regarding Henry territory cognitively

the shit end of this stick is that if he would just sign an executive order to have this shit used as a therapy of last resort and shut the fuck up about it, he would probably get his nobel prize.

but because he cant keep stop acting like king of the retards for 30 straight seconds, its impossible to approach sanely; he just keeps burning bridges then saying ok time to cross it.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post

Sonatine

In regards to the failed Swiss trial, I think you are misinformed.

I saw you mentioned this failed trial earlier too and I did my best to research before responding.

From what I understand, the test was for Chloroquine, NOT Hydroxychloroquine.

People on reddit apparently made the same mistake of believing this misinformation.

Please correct me if I'm wrong though

Here is a source article but it will need to be translated

https://www.expressen.se/nyheter/car...coronamedicin/

Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine are drugs derived from the quinoline molecule. Both are used as antimalarial blood schizonticides, and hydroxychloroquine is also frequently used as an antirheumatic. Their mechanism of action is not entirely understood. However, despite their varying therapeutic dosage and toxicity, both drugs have similar clinical indications and side effects. One of their most serious side effects is retinal toxicity, referred to as 4AQ retinopathy or chloroquine retinopathy, which must be screened for in all cases of long-term use.

I dont know much about them but, from the past few weeks, I was under the impression that they were different 'enough'. I thought I remember many excerpts that expressed this.

I just wanted to post that and frankly I'm preoccupied making dinner for the family, but I'll revisit this and look closer when I sit down later on tonight and have more time.

Comments

sonatine: word

Load Metric

I dont know much about them but, from the past few weeks, I was under the impression that they were different 'enough'. I thought I remember many excerpts that expressed this.

I just wanted to post that and frankly I'm preoccupied making dinner for the family, but I'll revisit this and look closer when I sit down later on tonight and have more time.
    I read a similar thing.

They said Chloroquine had to be kept to a small dose under 1 gram and hydroxychloroquine appeared to be less toxic.

Load Metric
    for the record i dont believe its 'snakeoil' but i do believe that when you start fucking around trying to dizzie gallespie solutions to viruses you make things worse 100 times out of 100.

fauci is the medical professional, either you trust medical professionals or youre pretty much mentally ill.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post

I read a similar thing.

They said Chloroquine had to be kept to a small dose under 1 gram and hydroxychloroquine appeared to be less toxic.

no doubt at all this is true but their chemical structure is extremely similar.

Load Metric
    dish it frightens me that you think that made trump look good or even sane

Load Metric
    i have no idea why trump is doing these press conferences. he doesn't look presidential

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    i have no idea why trump is doing these press conferences. he doesn't look presidential
    His base eats it up. Plain and simple.

Comments

MumblesBadly: That some real talk.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Also in Ny ,running out of places to bury the dead, resorting to parks an option
    I mean dont let facts get in the way of a salacious innuendo:

"The mayor and city medical examiner's office contended, however, that capacity is not an issue.
    Gov. Andrew Cuomo told reporters he is unaware of the prospective plan tweeted by Levine, who is the City Council's health committee chairman.
    "I have heard nothing about that," the governor said. "I have heard a lot of wild rumors, but I have not heard anything about the city burying people in parks."

After stopping to ask his staff if they had heard anything, Cuomo reiterated, "I talked to New York City yesterday. I have not heard that this is an issue."
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric

because he suffers from narcissist personality disorder, so he is compelled to harvest attention. it is quite literally a compulsion.

Comments

OSA: nigga should of stayed in his lane naw mean?

Load Metric

Load Metric

because he suffers from narcissist personality disorder, so he is compelled to harvest attention. it is quite literally a compulsion.

Also now that he is not allowed to have his rallies this is the only way he gets attention. Only a few week before he comes out in a MAGA hat.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Regarding hydrochloriquine, I actually know someone who takes it for lupus, and she doesn't have any kind of major side effects.

While side effects vary from person to person, many are picturing that the drug is guaranteed to cause side effects so horrendous that it's not even worth trying if your COVID-19 condition is worsening, given its unproven effectiveness. That's not true. If taken responsibly and under a doctor's care, many people won't experience major side effects.

Trump is correct that he was the biggest champion of "Right to Try" legislation more than any other President in history. He signed a law into place allowing this in May 2018, long before this COVD-19 issue. You have to give him credit for that, regardless of what you think of him otherwise.

It is true that it's tough to be able to tell a drug's effectiveness without lengthy clinical studies, especially with something like COVID-19 which sometimes gets better on its own, and sometimes escalates all the way to death, and it seems almost random whether it does so (though age and existing health issues are a big factor).

However, it's important to understand that, in general, many doctors prefer the known over the unknown, and that's not always a good thing. When they attempt the unknown, there's a risk that things go bad, and between the fear of malpractice suits and the fear of doing harm (even if malpractice suits aren't possible), many just want to stick to what they know for sure. That sounds good on the surface, except medicine is a rapidly evolving field with many unknowns, and sometimes you need to take chances when things get dire. Like BCR, I would want to take my shot at something like hydrocloriquine if it seemed I was headed toward ventilator territory.

There are other experimental therapies being tried which don't involve hydrocloiquine, btw. For example, a PFA Radio listener, who is only 44 years old, got COVID-19 and experienced major symptoms about 2 weeks ago. It seemed that he was headed for a ventilator and he thought there was a good chance he was going to die. They gave him azrithromycin and a corticosteroid, and things rapidly turned around. Last I texted with him, he was mostly better. Never ended up on a ventilator. You have to wonder if he'd be dead or on a ventilator if he didn't use those meds.

I'm currently dealing with a "do the known thing" dilemma involving COVID-19. That involved the blood pressure med controversy, which I brought up last month. It still hasn't been figured out if ACE Inhibitors or ARBs (common blood pressure meds) help or hurt you (or neither) regarding COVID-19 progressing to major symptoms.

Due to the fact that this BP med thing hasn't been "proven" yet, the default suggestion right now is, "Stay on your meds." Why? Because they're treating all BP patients the same. Since it's dangerous with someone with a very high BP (say, 175/105) to get off their BP meds, they don't want to advise such a thing due to an unproven theory, and have that person die of a heart attack or stroke. So they just tell everyone to stay on their meds until this is proven or disproven, which I think is questionable advice for someone like me (150/93) who can stay off BP meds for the short-medium term without being in much danger. So it's really a toss-up for me, and I'm choosing to stay on the side of not taking Losartan. But if you ask your doctor, he will tell you to stay on, because he's afraid of getting sued if he says otherwise and you die of a stroke two weeks later

Load Metric
    trump is quite literally trying to charlie parker his way out of this mess with these press confrences, and it aint working.

Diamond
    Load Metric

should have stayed in his lane*

Load Metric

haha wow lol what a fucking pos

Load Metric

Thread Information