Page 22 of 947 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122522 ... LastLast

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    FEAR THE WALKING DEAD!!!

Name:  65AE7355-5B0D-41F2-84E8-0F0D7FD4AF24.jpeg
Views: 419
Size:  40.0 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    the new hotness in china is taking healthy journalists who are reporting accurately on the situation and putting them in quarantine where they get sick and vanish.

Are you in China? because at this point if they are worried about people reporting things out of control I'm calling the Peoples Party on you!

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  6.3 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I'm just not seeing this being up to panic levels yet, at least not outside China.

Antarctica Sets Record High Temperature: 64.9 Degrees
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 02-08-2020 at 03:02 PM.

Load Metric
    I mean, yesterday I just ran through cases of this outside China and added it my head and came up with 322 confirmed cases with 2 deaths. Clearly they haven’t all recovered yet, so that number may rise a bit, but if it rose to 16, that would be the exact morality rate of the current flu in the US. So China can hide a bunch of stuff, but where are the bodies dropping outside the US? I can believe anything about China, but those other cases are spread all over the globe. I want to get into the pandemic story. I just can’t get past no one is dying elsewhere.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post
    No one here is lucky enough to get it and frankly looking at those statistics youd have to be very lucky to catch something youd have the same odds as winning the state lottery on.

The vac will come and in weeks itll be an after thought.
    Listen to this s guy on a podcast “Quirks & Quarks”

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/quirks/feb-...izon-1.5454940

Sheahan is an assistant professor of epidemiology at the Gillings School of Global Public Health at the University of North Carolina, and has been researching coronavirus treatments since the SARS epidemic.

He holds out greater hope for a drug he's tested in cell cultures and animals, called Remdesivir.

To put it bluntly, we are shadow boxing.
    - Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO
    In a recent case study published in the New England Journal of Medicine, doctors describe using Remdesivir — developed for treating Ebola — to treat a coronavirus patient in Washington State. The patient improved, with their viral load reduced, but a single case proves very little.

Sheahan said until scientists conduct rigorous human clinical trials, we can't know how these drugs will fare.

"I'm optimistic, just because I have firsthand experience with [Remdesivir] in the lab," he said.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

we should have a much clearer idea of where this thing is going to land in the next 10 days.

remember that the hospitals are already filled with flu patients, so rolling in a pandemic on top of flu is pretty fuckin unsustainable.
    Anybody producing graphs (not you but the idiot who made this chart) based on data provided by a communist regime is immeasurable stupid.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    No one here is lucky enough to get it and frankly looking at those statistics youd have to be very lucky to catch something youd have the same odds as winning the state lottery on.

The vac will come and in weeks itll be an after thought.
    Listen to this s guy on a podcast “Quirks & Quarks”

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/quirks/feb-...izon-1.5454940

Sheahan is an assistant professor of epidemiology at the Gillings School of Global Public Health at the University of North Carolina, and has been researching coronavirus treatments since the SARS epidemic.

He holds out greater hope for a drug he's tested in cell cultures and animals, called Remdesivir.

To put it bluntly, we are shadow boxing.
    - Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO
    In a recent case study published in the New England Journal of Medicine, doctors describe using Remdesivir — developed for treating Ebola — to treat a coronavirus patient in Washington State. The patient improved, with their viral load reduced, but a single case proves very little.

Sheahan said until scientists conduct rigorous human clinical trials, we can't know how these drugs will fare.

"I'm optimistic, just because I have firsthand experience with [Remdesivir] in the lab," he said.

not for nothing but Gilead (the manufacturer) lost like 3% stock value on their earnings report last week, so maybe dont hold your breath on this.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Gold
    Load Metric
    Given how much the virus has now broken out in places where it isn't known who the original vector was plus the level of contagiousness given that paper written about that hospital spreading it to 40 people from 1, this thing is not going away. It might peak in Wuhan because they shut the province down, but it hasn't even begun to peak world-wide. It'll be some time before it breaks loose in the US and maybe it won't happen but it'll require borders being shutdown.

So whats the best way to short stocks?.. I've never traded stocks.

buckle up

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post
    Given how much the virus has now broken out in places where it isn't known who the original vector was plus the level of contagiousness given that paper written about that hospital spreading it to 40 people from 1, this thing is not going away. It might peak in Wuhan because they shut the province down, but it hasn't even begun to peak world-wide. It'll be some time before it breaks loose in the US and maybe it won't happen but it'll require borders being shutdown.

So whats the best way to short stocks?.. I've never traded stocks.

buckle up

lots of discussion on this in the elon musk thread.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Is it possible this new string of coronavirus (almost identical to SARS btw) has been with us globally for a lot longer than thought? Just sayin but not everyone who dies from flu lie symptoms gets tested by the CDC.

Load Metric
    37.198 cases in China 811 deaths
    354 cases outside China 2 deaths

Comments

dwai: sonatine has his bunker and freeze dried food ready to go

Load Metric
    Is it possible this new string of coronavirus (almost identical to SARS btw) has been with us globally for a lot longer than thought? Just sayin but not everyone who dies from flu lie symptoms gets tested by the CDC.

sars mutates constantly, this one has 99% in common with a strain they just found in pangolins allegedly.

Load Metric
    i just fucked up and accidentally handled some mail before it had time to disinfect on its own.

had a good run boys no regrets.

Load Metric
    Coronavirus Deaths Climb to 813, Surpassing SARS

SOON TO BE 814

Load Metric
    Well you have enough food to feed mumbles and it’s time for you to put aside these differences and take one for the team

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Well you have enough food to feed mumbles and it’s time for you to put aside these differences and take one for the team

Load Metric
    Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 393
Size:  1.74 MB

Load Metric
    Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 401
Size:  803.1 KB

Load Metric
    There are rumors 3 more people have died while driving to stock pile food, 2 more choked to death on their mask and 1 more tripped on the way to post on a forum and hit their head.

chinavirus claims 6 more!

Load Metric
    None of you are getting any of my organic chickpeas. Dont even bother asking.

Thread Information