Page 191 of 947 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241291691 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,820 of 18935

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also a Manhattan Beach (California) surfer was given a $1,000 citation after telling a lifeguard, "Go ahead and fucking arrest me", and went in the water despite the beach being closed. The lifeguard called the police, who forced the guy out of the water and gave him a $1,000 citation.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...anhattan-beach

Comments

MumblesBadly: Serves the asshole right!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Is the Treasury gonna send us $3000 yuan funeral bonus?

Asking for a friend

There have been a lot of funerals in the past few days, and the authorities are handing out 3,000 yuan in hush money
    Rabbit punch the next moron who models off Wuhan. tia
    Like Nate Silver models ? Lol

Comments

Sanlmar: Nate Silver is worse than useless.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The left has been hesitant to discuss the obvious subterfuge going on in China, and their tremendous fault in this entire situation.

Why?

1) They don't want to contradict their earlier stance of "calling it the Chinese Virus is racist", because they shamed Trump so hard for it. If it turns out that China is still acting badly, that will make people more likely to think such terminology is okay.

2) They want to blame Trump for the problems in the US, and enjoy the narrative that the US is the worst in the world right now, or will be soon (somehow they gloss over Italy during this discussion). If China is still experiencing mass death and a large number of new cases, it makes Trump's actions look less irresponsible.

3) It will remind people that China is the most at fault for all of this, and continues to lie at a time when transparency is key to solving this. The left hates acknowledging that any country outside the US is acting worse than the US, while Trump is in charge.

We just have to completely ignore China. They will not give any useful information, nor will they be honest.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post

jesus OSA you kinda miss the bigger picture here.... You know for the greater good, a small sacrifice.
    compared to what others did to save the USA this is nothing.
    y'all just printed $2T work on getting some of that.
    This isn't a small sacrifice though. I know I'm not being asked to storm the beaches of Normandy or fight the Taliban in Afghanistan, but weeks are turning into months and there is no end in sight here.
    FFS! Jump on YouTube and learn how to stay fit at home. For example...

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

This isn't a small sacrifice though. I know I'm not being asked to storm the beaches of Normandy or fight the Taliban in Afghanistan, but weeks are turning into months and there is no end in sight here.

Not the same thing. I'm used to a lifting routine and progressively overloading sets to gain muscle and lose fat. These guys, while they look great now, if they continue doing these type of routines, will not grow and most likely lose gains

Its better than nothing, but I didn't spend 2.5-3 hrs in the gym everyday to get "better than nothing" results. I need to lift thingds up and put them down. Only people that lift can understand this..

I have resistance bands and whatnot but that's good for weeks not months as this is where it looks like its heading. Plus gym time was an escape, a time where work didnt matter and I wasn't smoking weed or eating shit. Now, I'm trapped at home doing both.

I fucking need a psychiatrist.

/End rant

Comments

tony bagadonuts: This too shall pass bro, we're all in the same boat

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Not the same thing. I'm used to a lifting routine and progressively overloading sets to gain muscle and lose fat. These guys, while they look great now, if they continue doing these type of routines, will not grow and most likely lose gains

Its better than nothing, but I didn't spend 2.5-3 hrs in the gym everyday to get "better than nothing" results. I need to lift thingds up and put them down. Only people that lift can understand this..

I have resistance bands and whatnot but that's good for weeks not months as this is where it looks like its heading. Plus gym time was an escape, a time where work didnt matter and I wasn't smoking weed or eating shit. Now, I'm trapped at home doing both.

I fucking need a psychiatrist.

/End rant
    Stop your whining and try something different than your beloved routine to keep your bulk up.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    OSA, how important is fitness in the gay world?

I have heard that's a big deal, and guys who let themselves go a little are at a big disadvantage. Is this true?

For straight guys, it doesn't really hurt us that badly if we aren't fit, or have some belly fat, as long as it's not noticeably bad. This is especially true once guys are over 40, as women kind of expect it to be the case. Also, most women over 40 tend to be much less shallow, and the younger women who like older guys tend to also be less shallow (or are gold diggers), so the unfit guy my age isn't at much of a disadvantage in the dating world.

From what I've observed, though, this wouldn't fly in the gay dating scene. True?

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: same llike straight people i would say more important in the gay community probably get away with being fat if you rich

splitthis: Too much interest in gay world

Load Metric
    This has probably be said but employers who take a loan to pay workers get that money back,. 1000 deaths in ny, including a child.

Load Metric
    This is what you're up against by staying in NY, OSA

Of course, LA people were also doing something stupid. They all flocked to hiking trails, and when LA County closed them, they all flocked to neighboring Ventura County, so there were a tremendous number of people hiking on these narrow trails, and let's just say that 6-foot distancing wasn't exactly happening.

As a result, Ventura County also had to close the trails, and they had to post cops at the more popular ones.

The reality is we are too big of a country to think social distancing is going to work. We are simply too free and we are not going to have soldiers walking through the streets with machine guns ordering people back into their house. I have young kids now and I am personally terrified but the reality is the reality. People will stay in for a month, alcohol is going to flow and self isolation is not going to work come three weeks from now, especially after the government sends the checks, people will go out and party.

In 1918 and the herd mentality eventually broke the Spanish flu, but many perished but it worked. I was in the grocery store yesterday, it was just a normal Sunday. Very few were careful and in masks, there was another contingent in shorts and short sleeves shirts even though it was 40 degrees, they were barreling through the store not a care in the world. One guy in a wheel chair was in the frozen food section analyzing every package, camped out and presumably breathing on everything. Two early something 20 guys who worked there where horsing around in the parking lot with the carts.

This will cause a lot of havoc come April and May, and dissipate in July only to return a few months later. You just have to dodge what you can and hope you get lucky and wait for a vaccine late 2021. It's like being a gay guy in 1985 trying to avoid HIV. Reality is it's hit or miss and a lot of luck.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    This has probably be said but employers who take a loan to pay workers get that money back,. 1000 deaths in ny, including a child.
    New York City has reported its first death of a child to COVID-19, one of hundreds new state fatalities overnight that brought the grim toll to 1,342 by Monday evening, officials said.

The age of the minor wasn't released, but the victim did have an underlying condition
    https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...onday/2350357/

Very sad about the kid, but at least this means parents of healthy kids (like me) don't have to panic.

My worry regarding this virus goes like this:

My parents: A lot of worry
    Me: Moderate worry (though I more fear ending up on a ventilator than dying)
    Ben: Not worried at all

Diamond
    Load Metric
    OSA, how important is fitness in the gay world?

I have heard that's a big deal, and guys who let themselves go a little are at a big disadvantage. Is this true?

For straight guys, it doesn't really hurt us that badly if we aren't fit, or have some belly fat, as long as it's not noticeably bad. This is especially true once guys are over 40, as women kind of expect it to be the case. Also, most women over 40 tend to be much less shallow, and the younger women who like older guys tend to also be less shallow (or are gold diggers), so the unfit guy my age isn't at much of a disadvantage in the dating world.

From what I've observed, though, this wouldn't fly in the gay dating scene. True?

I would love to answer these and so many other questions you might have. I feel that the content I have been providing has not been matched on your end in terms of comped hotel stays.

With that being said, unless you are filthy rich, looking like a fat ass will get you nowhere. You got plenty of cash so you would do ok.

I am lucky to have a great personality and make great first impressions, as evidenced by the Dinner for Shmucks night in Vegas a while back so my body isnt as important, but I of course wont be fucking 10s without one. However, I was on track to a noticeable sixpack and lifting very respectable weight.

I will be trying to visit Vegas in May and as well in September(during my birthday). Please find it in your heart to arrange some sort of comped stay. It would be a mitzvah and considering I am a Cohen, in your best interest for the Jewish afterlife.

TIA

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    This is what you're up against by staying in NY, OSA

Of course, LA people were also doing something stupid. They all flocked to hiking trails, and when LA County closed them, they all flocked to neighboring Ventura County, so there were a tremendous number of people hiking on these narrow trails, and let's just say that 6-foot distancing wasn't exactly happening.

As a result, Ventura County also had to close the trails, and they had to post cops at the more popular ones.

The reality is we are too big of a country to think social distancing is going to work. We are simply too free and we are not going to have soldiers walking through the streets with machine guns ordering people back into their house. I have young kids now and I am personally terrified but the reality is the reality. People will stay in for a month, alcohol is going to flow and self isolation is not going to work come three weeks from now, especially after the government sends the checks, people will go out and party.

In 1918 and the herd mentality eventually broke the Spanish flu, but many perished but it worked. I was in the grocery store yesterday, it was just a normal Sunday. Very few were careful and in masks, there was another contingent in shorts and short sleeves shirts even though it was 40 degrees, they were barreling through the store not a care in the world. One guy in a wheel chair was in the frozen food section analyzing every package, camped out and presumably breathing on everything. Two early something 20 guys who worked there where horsing around in the parking lot with the carts.

This will cause a lot of havoc come April and May, and dissipate in July only to return a few months later. You just have to dodge what you can and hope you get lucky and wait for a vaccine late 2021. It's like being a gay guy in 1985 trying to avoid HIV. Reality is it's hit or miss and a lot of luck.

I was in the supermarket and the line was 30-40 deep. Definitely no social distancing there either

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

I was in the supermarket and the line was 30-40 deep. Definitely no social distancing there either
    Even more ridiculous is this contact tracing. I saw 'experts' on this the last couple days. The idea is if you test positive for Corona, they find who you were around a few days before and ask those people to self quarantine. Do you know how fucking impossible that is with 350M people in the US? Like I said, herd mentality is going to cure this ultimately. It's too late, actually nothing would have really worked.

Sonatine basically nailed it in his topic line, nothing has changed since January 24th.

Load Metric
    I’m calling an in general “bullshit”.

I went to a Tijuana Flats for dinner - got take out for the family. Place is jam packed on Monday nights as it’s “kids eat free” and this is in the middle of suburbia. There were four others there and nobody was within 20 ft of each other. I paid at the counter and. They sent me back out to my car where they delivered curbside. Our cars had 4-5 spaces in between them.

Point being we are far far far far so motherfucking far from where we were three weeks ago.

There are always going to be outliers and people who are just plain fucking stupid. That being said it’s my experiance most people are taking this all reasonably seriously. I’m not seeing “en mass” blatant disrespect to social distancing.

You could argue we need to be stricter - but from what I’m seeing what we are doing is working.

Load Metric
    The Spanish flu (also known as the 1918 flu pandemic[2]) was an unusually deadly influenza pandemic. Lasting from January 1918 to December 1920, it infected 500 million people—about a quarter of the world's population at the time.
    I think this "nationwide lockdown" is going to last longer than a month. The Spanish Flu was around for about three years and the vaccines that they made to defeat it did not work. It simply disappeared.

Load Metric
    The left has been hesitant to discuss the obvious subterfuge going on in China, and their tremendous fault in this entire situation.

Why?

1) They don't want to contradict their earlier stance of "calling it the Chinese Virus is racist", because they shamed Trump so hard for it. If it turns out that China is still acting badly, that will make people more likely to think such terminology is okay.

2) They want to blame Trump for the problems in the US, and enjoy the narrative that the US is the worst in the world right now, or will be soon (somehow they gloss over Italy during this discussion). If China is still experiencing mass death and a large number of new cases, it makes Trump's actions look less irresponsible.

3) It will remind people that China is the most at fault for all of this, and continues to lie at a time when transparency is key to solving this. The left hates acknowledging that any country outside the US is acting worse than the US, while Trump is in charge.

We just have to completely ignore China. They will not give any useful information, nor will they be honest.
    most of us on the left dislike the chinks as much as you right wing nuts

you happy with the job your boy is doing? still got his back?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    I’m calling an in general “bullshit”.

I went to a Tijuana Flats for dinner - got take out for the family. Place is jam packed on Monday nights as it’s “kids eat free” and this is in the middle of suburbia. There were four others there and nobody was within 20 ft of each other. I paid at the counter and. They sent me back out to my car where they delivered curbside. Our cars had 4-5 spaces in between them.

Point being we are far far far far so motherfucking far from where we were three weeks ago.

There are always going to be outliers and people who are just plain fucking stupid. That being said it’s my experiance most people are taking this all reasonably seriously. I’m not seeing “en mass” blatant disrespect to social distancing.

You could argue we need to be stricter - but from what I’m seeing what we are doing is working.
    Get back to me in a month pal. Human nature is what it is. You were in Subuarbia where it is really cool to show you are socially conscious to your neighbors. How about you walk into an underground pool hall in Houston and tell me what you see? You are looking at things right through your own lens, not realizing there are 350M people in this country and 7B on the planet. I want you to be right, I really do, but if there were $100 cruises for a week, people would be lined up by the thousands and take their chances. And forgive me, but why are grocery stores immune? I saw people standing a half a foot between each other, and please spare me that does not happen in your neighborhood.

Comments

Daly: Hope you are wrong - not saying you are though

Load Metric

Why?

who had '191 pages' in the pool for how long it would take druff to take china's opacity on statistics that everyones been talking about for 2 months straight and turn it into a right wing conspiracy theory?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    been watching some fox news just to see what they are talking about.

5x i have checked and not 1 mention that 100k+ people are in america are gonna die

why is that?

Load Metric
    oh we got hannity talking shit about new york saying how unprepared they are and how its new yorks fault that they are unprepared.

hannity deserves death

maybe people who watch fox will learn when alabama and all the hicks get over run with cv19 and they will see first hand just how unprepared their state is?

Thread Information