Page 15 of 947 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115515 ... LastLast

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Send them this if they say youre over reacting:

"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    again bottom dollar on getting a gook fedexed to the compound so you can have a human interaction and or or die from viruses

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    again bottom dollar on getting a gook fedexed to the compound so you can have a human interaction and or or die from viruses

if the grubhub driver needs to get me on the phone to figure out where my driveway is, what chance does some rando factory worker from china have?

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    Next day up to 150lbs which should cover most Chinamen is $320. With 14 day incubation period, you definitely could go 2nd day and get it down to $207.

Average kidney goes for $15k in China, but we just need him to cough on tine and I imagine he’d be so happy to be in a US hospital afterwards he’d be thrilled with a few hundred. I’m thinking with Uber and a few drinks at airport bar, this could be done for like $750.

Load Metric

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Market gonna go to shit tomorrow imo. Which volatility stocks can I purchase to make the best profit off this madness?

Load Metric
    SCO, ERY...

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    SCO, ERY...
    Over TVIX, UVXY?

Load Metric
    no opinions but should be easy to suss out.

Load Metric
    Buying VIX products is a surefire way to go broke. YOU CANNOT TRADE VIX

Load Metric
    for those of you feeling like everythings going to work out fine and this is all overblown, this is literally china's official state response to the crisis this mornin:

the chaos is apparently entirely our fault.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Market gonna go to shit tomorrow imo. Which volatility stocks can I purchase to make the best profit off this madness?
    I once told an aquaintance this was my favorite security for making money fast (XIV on NYSE):

Name:  XIV.png
Views: 386
Size:  161.0 KB

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/xi...ney-2018-02-06

It still had a good run left in it at the time, 2012...but yeah, u gotta just get out before something real happens to the market. Plus, this isn't something you could have bought back after the drop: it was liquidated and all 'investors' got peanuts for it.

I was not really interested in this thing myself.

Load Metric
    ok so...

2% fatality is the 'official' number but lets not tuck into how credible that is right now, lets just roll with it.

the number thats interesting is the widely accepted '25% critical condition' figure. what that means, is that 25% of the people who get infected will end up in critical condition and require hospitalization to live. if they get that level of care, the vast majority will (in theory) recover.

so ask yourself this:

how many major cities anywhere in the world are actually ready to take in say, a thousand critically ill patients?

ny presbyterian is the largest hospital in nyc. it has 2650 staffed beds, many of which are taken of course. pretty wild to think that if 3 people infect 3 new people every day for a week, we will likely max out the available beds there.

Load Metric
    ok so...

2% fatality is the 'official' number but lets not tuck into how credible that is right now, lets just roll with it.

the number thats interesting is the widely accepted '25% critical condition' figure. what that means, is that 25% of the people who get infected will end up in critical condition and require hospitalization to live. if they get that level of care, the vast majority will (in theory) recover.

so ask yourself this:

how many major cities anywhere in the world are actually ready to take in say, a thousand critically ill patients?

ny presbyterian is the largest hospital in nyc. it has 2650 staffed beds, many of which are taken of course. pretty wild to think that if 3 people infect 3 new people every day for a week, we will likely max out the available beds there.
    i think we'd be fine considering that china is essentially a 3rd world country and the fatality rate is only 2% there.

Load Metric
    it lives for 5 days on flat surfaces.

such as, i dont know, those poles in subway cars.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    ok so...

so ask yourself this:

i think we'd be fine considering that china is essentially a 3rd world country and the fatality rate is only 2% there.

I’ve saw a few doctors/scientists who dealt with SARS say that there is a good chance when they study this in retrospect, the mortality rate will be in the tenths of a percent. Structurally they say it’s more similar to viruses that they readjusted much lower after the fact.

When tine posted that 75000 suspected cases number, they were of that thinking. That many are asymptomatic, and that if you have only 350 deaths or whatever with 75-100k cases, you’re looking at a much lower mortality rate. They weren’t positive of anything as scientists aren’t positive of anything they can’t prove, but that was their feeling. Obviously every facet of exactly what we are dealing with is colored by the fact it’s occurring in China where they aren’t transparent and have an incentive to downplay the situation. They were basically saying if the fatalities are even close to accurate, they suspect a far higher infection rate, which suggest actual mortality is quite low and confined to the weakest and most susceptible populations.

I guess we will see quickly. If those Thai doctors who pounded it with antivirals to the point it was eradicated in 48 hours found the magic bullet, it would seem a matter of time and logistics to get that to the infected areas and you could probably quickly confine it. I can’t take this thing seriously until a few bodies start dropping in the first world that has ready access to medications.

Load Metric
    we somehow need to finance a healthy eating and hygiene commercial campaign in china so these people can stop fucking over the world with their bat eating

Load Metric
    i want china boycotted until they agree to stop eating vermin

Diamond
    Load Metric
    My manager paused a bit and then asked me when I am coming in and I told them that I would check in with sonatine first. I almost wanted to email a link to this thread but I decided against it.

Plus I am waiting for my FreshDirect order and I got some dope ground lamb coming that Im excited to make

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    i want china boycotted until they agree to stop eating vermin
    And bugs.

Thread Information