Page 146 of 946 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246646 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,920 of 18919

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    Sonatine,can you tell me what you know about this drug that seems to have some promise? I trust you way more than Trump. Thanks.

its an antiviral that actually saved elon musks life recently. so right there i mean...

also they have been doing spot tests of critically ill patients using it and to my knowledge, no one who got dosed with it yet has died?

grain of salt that because i know its not a huge sample size and that may not be accurate by now but its been really, really positive.
    Last I heard, which was a few days ago, they found that the drug was effective on COVID-19 patients with mild/moderate symptoms, but didn't help much if they had already progressed to severe symptoms.

But even if that turns out to be true, if this could be used to stop the progression into severe territory (much like antivirals acyclovir, valacyclovir, and famciclovir are used to do similar for shingles), then everyone who gets this treatment early will be in MUCH better shape. COVID-19 infection will be no longer be a situation of, "Fuck, I hope I'm not one of the unlucky ones, guess I gotta wait and see" like it is now.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

its an antiviral that actually saved elon musks life recently. so right there i mean...

also they have been doing spot tests of critically ill patients using it and to my knowledge, no one who got dosed with it yet has died?

grain of salt that because i know its not a huge sample size and that may not be accurate by now but its been really, really positive.
    Last I heard, which was a few days ago, they found that the drug was effective on COVID-19 patients with mild/moderate symptoms, but didn't help much if they had already progressed to severe symptoms.

But even if that turns out to be true, if this could be used to stop the progression into severe territory (much like antivirals acyclovir, valacyclovir, and famciclovir are used to do similar for shingles), then everyone who gets this treatment early will be in MUCH better shape. COVID-19 infection will be no longer be a situation of, "Fuck, I hope I'm not one of the unlucky ones, guess I gotta wait and see" like it is now.
    I've read the opposite. They're only using the drug on patients with severe symptoms and it's bringing them back from the brink of death.

Load Metric
    Only good part about coronavirus is Weinstein has it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Only good part about coronavirus is Weinstein has it.
    A bad day for Weinstein is a good for the rest of us. I just hope he doesn't die from it its too quick I want him to suffer in the shitter. Imagine how much he must hate jail? Nice cushy comfy lifestyle forever and then bam in the worst place imaginable

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Back to work tomorrow.

Hopefully this week is better than last. Everyone is talking about empathy but these people I try talking to are definitely not showing it.

Load Metric
    "Michael Levitt, a Nobel laureate and Stanford biophysicist, began analyzing the number of COVID-19 cases worldwide in January and correctly calculated that China would get through the worst of its coronavirus outbreak long before many health experts had predicted.

Now he foresees a similar outcome in the United States and the rest of the world.

While many epidemiologists are warning of months, or even years, of massive social disruption and millions of deaths, Levitt says the data simply don't support such a dire scenario — especially in areas where reasonable social distancing measures are in place.

"What we need is to control the panic," he said. In the grand scheme, "we're going to be fine.""

Comments

big dick: Nice

Platinum
    Load Metric
    so 3M is saying they're basically flooding the market with PPE and respirators...reading reports that governors are saying there are no supplies to be had...

somebody has to be lying here or the supply chain is severely fucked...gonna go with the former...I doubt a highly functional company like 3M is producing shit and not having it get in the right hands...

no wonder why everybody has no clue what to think about this shit...seems like every updated report conflicts with the report beforehand...just when you think this couldn't get more embarrassing it does...media, gobment, the list goes on...

Load Metric
    all starts at the top.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Comments

MumblesBadly: Would have been better if they had added loud “Cough!” sound effects in the places where the original had loud vocal grunts.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    so 3M is saying they're basically flooding the market with PPE and respirators...reading reports that governors are saying there are no supplies to be had...

somebody has to be lying here or the supply chain is severely fucked...gonna go with the former...I doubt a highly functional company like 3M is producing shit and not having it get in the right hands...

no wonder why everybody has no clue what to think about this shit...seems like every updated report conflicts with the report beforehand...just when you think this couldn't get more embarrassing it does...media, gobment, the list goes on...
    I am on the ground floor of the supply chain for medical supplies and PPE. It's possible that 3M fired up the factories and air freighted a bunch of shit over that didn't need inspection. It's also possible that it was being held in the port and was just released. Whatever the truth, based on what I see, the supply chain will not be back to normal for a while. Large manufacturers are moving to produce cloth masks and dust covers in the next few weeks to shore things up.

I have heard that Halyard (Owens and Minor) is taking on all new business for face masks but has been unable to produce.

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: On The Ground Knowledge Rep

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post

I am on the ground floor of the supply chain for medical supplies and PPE. It's possible that 3M fired up the factories and air freighted a bunch of shit over that didn't need inspection. It's also possible that it was being held in the port and was just released. Whatever the truth, based on what I see, the supply chain will not be back to normal for a while. Large manufacturers are moving to produce cloth masks and dust covers in the next few weeks to shore things up.

I have heard that Halyard (Owens and Minor) is taking on all new business for face masks but has been unable to produce.
    interesting...thx for the insight...

so where would 3M's production be? all overseas? was naïve for me to think that they had factories that were working 24/7 stateside...

seems from reading that letter from 3Ms CEO they have the capacity and assuming the supply of raw materials to flood the market with respirators and N95 masks...was I just reading that incorrectly? cause it seems like if they have the raw materials and production capacity to make everything the actual functioning shipping of the finished product should be easy enough to figure out even if the supply chain is FUBR...we have a shitton of military that could aid in the logistics of getting all that stuff to the major metro areas and then out to the outlying areas as more and more are produced...

I have faith that the military can execute on this kinda task, but maybe that is naïve as well...

Load Metric
    this covid discussion is all well and good, but this 27 min skate film is ART. The first kid (Pablo Ramirez) died when a garbage truck collided into him while he was hill bombing in SF.

Load Metric

so where would 3M's production be? all overseas? was naïve for me to think that they had factories that were working 24/7 stateside...

seems from reading that letter from 3Ms CEO they have the capacity and assuming the supply of raw materials to flood the market with respirators and N95 masks...was I just reading that incorrectly? cause it seems like if they have the raw materials and production capacity to make everything the actual functioning shipping of the finished product should be easy enough to figure out even if the supply chain is FUBR...we have a shitton of military that could aid in the logistics of getting all that stuff to the major metro areas and then out to the outlying areas as more and more are produced...

I have faith that the military can execute on this kinda task, but maybe that is naïve as well...

I don't know of any masks that are produced domestically. I have heard that there are plants in SA that make them. A whole shit ton of PPE is produced in Hubei province where the outbreak happened. I don't get super granular on where everything comes from, but I have access to inventory levels across a massive distribution network. It's not good.

I posted this before but I think it's been long buried, there was a massive recall on surgical gowns right before this all went down. It's a bit of the perfect storm.

https://www.massdevice.com/breaking-...-gowns-recall/

Hopefully this eases up soon. I just know that I have customers calling every day asking for masks, sanitizer, isolation gowns, etc. and I have to say no.

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: More Insight Rep

Load Metric

3M has capacity for 410 million masks in the US and 1.1 billion worldwide

Masks are to hospitals as is toilet paper to the sheeple

Both are overreacting, causing massive shortages by overbuying in areas that don’t need the supply.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Platinum
    Load Metric

I don't know of any masks that are produced domestically. I have heard that there are plants in SA that make them. A whole shit ton of PPE is produced in Hubei province where the outbreak happened. I don't get super granular on where everything comes from, but I have access to inventory levels across a massive distribution network. It's not good.

I posted this before but I think it's been long buried, there was a massive recall on surgical gowns right before this all went down. It's a bit of the perfect storm.

https://www.massdevice.com/breaking-...-gowns-recall/

Hopefully this eases up soon. I just know that I have customers calling every day asking for masks, sanitizer, isolation gowns, etc. and I have to say no.
    very much appreciate the insight on all of this...getting tough to trust anything you see on the interwebz…

when I saw that post from 3M, got really optimistic that things were headed in the right direction...oh well...back to the quarantine...

makes you wonder how this is gonna change the supply chain on all this stuff...guess we're gonna have to rely on the gobment to figure it out, so it's probably not gonna change for the better...

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post

3M has capacity for 410 million masks in the US and 1.1 billion worldwide

Masks are to hospitals as is toilet paper to the sheeple

Both are overreacting, causing massive shortages by overbuying in areas that don’t need the supply.
    yeah didn't consider that one...probably need to be able to bypass conventional ordering and somehow have a central contact for 3M and have them dole it out...guessing that's probably not their procedure and doubtful that any gobment agency could figure out how to get the direct contact either...

this is evil empire level fail and would be funny if the consequences weren't so dire...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    "Michael Levitt, a Nobel laureate and Stanford biophysicist, began analyzing the number of COVID-19 cases worldwide in January and correctly calculated that China would get through the worst of its coronavirus outbreak long before many health experts had predicted.

Now he foresees a similar outcome in the United States and the rest of the world.

While many epidemiologists are warning of months, or even years, of massive social disruption and millions of deaths, Levitt says the data simply don't support such a dire scenario — especially in areas where reasonable social distancing measures are in place.

"What we need is to control the panic," he said. In the grand scheme, "we're going to be fine.""
    This. But we need nationwide shelter in place sooner rather than later.

Load Metric
    lotta tapdancing around the straight forward narrative of implementing the defense act to nationalize transport channels itt but thats none of my business.

:tea
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Oh good they updated the map to make it look like this country has blood all over
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information