Page 141 of 947 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191241641 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,820 of 18935

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Let’s assume NYC breaks in 2 weeks. Work with me here.....

You laid off all your chefs, waiters, etc. The line cooks are collecting and the rest are a little miffed and hustling for rent. They find something else.

You are good to open but you can’t round up the crew. Some want to collect for the full 26 weeks. You are recruiting again.

Just an example

A message I’m delivering to our general manager. “You better sit down Sunday and write a real personal text to each and every employee. I don’t care if you take 8 hours doing it”

Never assume

I doubt any worker is pissed off at the owner for doing it. Some restaurants are paying management but no one else. Those are the places that will lose workers. My roommate was told to get on unemployment but management gets paid. Thing is she only works 4 days a week and can afford a 1050/month plus utilities, so there's always exceptions
    Case study

We sent out a mass email notifying lay-off. It was bungled. Everyone wants to feel they were special to the company. People get upset - generally upset at their circumstance. You can kick the dog or find some nit to pick with management.

There were some bad feelings.

My son is spitting in my food. I can’t prove it but I know.

Yes, OSA ... the biggest issue was who is staying .... obv management. Accountant writing credits. Maintenance cause the building is still there and opportunity to catch up on errands.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 03-21-2020 at 01:50 PM.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Its been 17 days since I have fucked. Good god I cant take it anymore.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Its been 17 days since I have fucked. Good god I cant take it anymore.
    There is gonna be a baby boom. That’s all there is to do.

Comments

splitthis: Fresh batch of boomers

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

An old friend of mine up in Boston has it 99.9999%. He’s 40s and in relatively good shape. His doctor told him stay at home and eat chicken soup. Because he hasn’t been tested he’s not an official statistic. He’s also fairly unlikely to die. Same exact case for another buddy neighbor up near Boston.

We don’t have the tests. The death rate is way way off.

Doesn’t mean people aren’t dropping and we shouldn’t be taking this seriously.

Two things:

1. home test kits will be available for individual purchase for $135. You won't have to leave your house and will have answers w/n 3 days of receiving the kit which will take 2 days. Shipping is included in the price. They have 30k of these currently available. more to come. i can find the name of the private company that is doing this if anyone cares. I believe it starts with an "A" but would be easy enough to find w/ a simple google search.

2. imagine if this more contagious version of the flu - yes i said it- were actually something horrifying such as the measles, small pox, polio, etc. We would revert to our reptilian ways in under a week and there goes our way of life and much of our progress in the last 100 years.
    The next one might be much worse. This is a warning from god/mother nature

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Youbare your safest sex partner.

FUCK YOU NYC HEALTH

Name:  Screenshot_20200321-180351_Instagram.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  487.9 KB

Comments

Jayjami: Yuk!

Load Metric
    If you live in a relevant city, you might want to check out https://www.exploretock.com/

I'm having dinner from a 3 star Michelin restaurant for $35.

If you live in flyover country, I think Chipotle has free delivery or something

Load Metric
    is there a particular site that offers the best deal on airpods? Putting together a list for when virus check hits

Load Metric
    just circled up with my neighbor. super, super nice guy. just total hard working dude, probably trump voter, cute wife, new kid, dogs. real solid, trustworthy people basically.

like tl;dr hes like "have you seen whats going on out there...?"

and im like yeah its pretty crazy and hes like "no no but.. have you SEEN whats going on out there? its CRAZY." and i realized he was commenting on the fabric of society unravelling like toilet paper and i realized that even tho ive been expecting this since i was 12, most people seriously lived without ever once considering that this shit could happen. its one bad fucking day away from this, all the time, always.

i talked him down a bit but im starting to realize that a lot of trumps base voted for him because they really and truly had no idea that things like this could happen, this doesnt fit into their worldview.

told him it would be fine, we gotta do some grid quarantines, nationalize supply channels.. no ones going to find our houses to rob us, no food riots up here in the woods, i got extra flour if he needs it, so on. explained that a lot of advancements have been made in AI/ML that are going to make cracking this nut much faster/easier than people expect.. dow jones at its lowest right now is still at approx the peak of where we were at before the housing market implosion, we just lost a bunch of baby fat so on.

and he calmed down a lot and seemed to unwind a bit and it was also nice because i was helping someone feel better, and everything i said was true.

nice moment i suppose.

Comments

big dick: a gentleman.

Tellafriend: Good for you

MumblesBadly: Like a food neighbor, sonatine is there.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    just circled up with my neighbor. super, super nice guy. just total hard working dude, probably trump voter, cute wife, new kid, dogs. real solid, trustworthy people basically.

and im like yeah its pretty crazy and hes like "no no but.. have you SEEN whats going on out there? its CRAZY." and i realized he was commenting on the fabric of society unravelling like toilet paper and i realized that even tho ive been expecting this since i was 12, most people seriously lived without ever once considering that this shit could happen. its one bad fucking day away from this, all the time, always.

i talked him down a bit but im starting to realize that a lot of trumps base voted for him because they really and truly had no idea that things like this could happen, this doesnt fit into their worldview.

told him it would be fine, we gotta do some grid quarantines, nationalize supply channels.. no ones going to find our houses to rob us, no food riots up here in the woods, i got extra flour if he needs it, so on. explained that a lot of advancements have been made in AI/ML that are going to make cracking this nut much faster/easier than people expect.. dow jones at its lowest right now is still at approx the peak of where we were at before the housing market implosion, we just lost a bunch of baby fat so on.

and he calmed down a lot and seemed to unwind a bit and it was also nice because i was helping someone feel better, and everything i said was true.

nice moment i suppose.
    OSA read this if you are ever interested in joining the human race

Comments

OSA: Fuck you, i cleaned up homes during hurricane sandy for free

Load Metric

nice moment i suppose.
    Tine,

You really need to stop obsessing about Trump in literally every post. We get it after three+ years, you hate the guy. Enough is enough. I am starting to skim your posts now because its the same theme over, and over again. Have a nice evening though.

Load Metric
    So, what happens when we blow past those #'s?
    You gonna admit he is an epic failure then? no.
    You will find some other BS talking point to cling onto.

How anyone can watch that guy lie, over and over, and think they feel safer, is beyond me.
    He has put everyone's life, ESPECIALLY Fox "news" viewers, at risk, w/the hoax bs.
    Trying to 'keep his numbers down' (he said it out loud)
    12 days ago he changed his mind, .................................................. .45 days after Sonatine
    Him & hannity can try and rewrite history all they want, but it will be replayed over and over.

This is the guy, Ron Klain, who opened the Pandemic department, that Trump closed, (& lied and said he didn't this week), in his ongoing effort to erase Obama's legacy.
    This is how Joe will handle it, w/science. Funny how all the people calling this a hoax, all think climate change is a hoax, too.

Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post
    We just passed Germany and Iran. Now #4. Likely #3 within a day or two. Like three days ago we were #7.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6
    I actually hate this so much, it’s insanely misleading.

Look at the per 1000 residents numbers.
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

nice moment i suppose.
    Tine,

You really need to stop obsessing about Trump in literally every post. We get it after three+ years, you hate the guy. Enough is enough. I am starting to skim your posts now because its the same theme over, and over again. Have a nice evening though.

thanks for the feedback, i appreciate it.

hope you have a great evening too.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Tine,

Why are you talking to a neighbor by the way? You are supposed to be underneath a raincoat in your closet.

Load Metric
    If you live in a relevant city, you might want to check out https://www.exploretock.com/

Cook at home, eating things others have prepared is a bad idea right now.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: .
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric

Why are you talking to a neighbor by the way? You are supposed to be underneath a raincoat in your closet.

i had to move some chickenfeed into buckets after 72 hour quarantine otherwise the raccoons will get ideas, he was walking his kid so it would have been pretty awkward not to say hi. plus pretty sure that was the first f2f convo ive had with anyone in weeks, i think we both needed it.

Load Metric

No he needs to be in his fur costume waiting for me.

Comments

sonatine: like i stopped waiting at some point
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric

i had to move some chickenfeed into buckets after 72 hour quarantine otherwise the raccoons will get ideas, he was walking his kid so it would have been pretty awkward not to say hi. plus pretty sure that was the first f2f convo ive had with anyone in weeks, i think we both needed it.
    Well, you might have just killed him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post

Cook at home, eating things others have prepared is a bad idea right now.
    Wash your hands after handling packaging. You can't get Coronavirus from food btw. You can literally eat coronavirus and you won't get sick.

Besides, where do you think the food from the grocery store comes from? All robots handling everything?

Load Metric

Well, you might have just killed him.

no worries friend, we have a good 20' wooded break between our properties we spoke through. that said i felt the wind at my back at one point and was like 'fuck yeah thats whats im talkin about' but im sure hes fine.

Thread Information