Page 132 of 947 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232632 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,640 of 18929

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post
    “Just assume that your mail has been delivered by someone who has been infected and plan accordingly”

https://www.propublica.org/article/l...shtweet#179503

ive been sterilizing my mail in a UV box for over a month and the rest stays outdoors for at least 3 days.

dont fuck around with this, and dont fuck around with delivery food containers.

The fact that there's a push to support local businesses and order take out or delivery from possible infected people and items, is about as asinine as left media complaining that Trump is calling this the Chinese Virus(of which I have heard very little about)

Comments

splitthis: U right.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Why are the NY Times and various leftist entertainers trying to defend China in the whole thing, and rewrite their role in this entire mess?

What's wrong with calling it "The Chinese Virus"? Did it not originate in China? Did the Chinese government not lie about this to the WHO, and allow 5 million people with the virus to travel out of Wuhan?

LOL identity politics

Why is this even being discussed?
    Dude, viruses don’t have ethnicities. I bet you would feel differently if it was called the “money grubbing Jew virus”.

Comments

donkdowndonedied: Lets not talk about the Jew Virus, please.

big dick: ofc

Load Metric

everyone needs to take a step back and relax; the republicans are on it, everythings going to work out fine. #flu #nothingburger
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post

All of this not illegal BTW; Congress is exempt from insider trading laws LOL
    Insider trading laws wouldn't apply to this anyway, unless he is an insider of any of those companies whose stock he sold. It's not insider trading it's just scumbaggery.

BTW, the bitch at the top, is married to the chairman of the NYSE. Makes sense. Two systems of justice. One for them, one for us.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Why are the NY Times and various leftist entertainers trying to defend China in the whole thing, and rewrite their role in this entire mess?

What's wrong with calling it "The Chinese Virus"? Did it not originate in China? Did the Chinese government not lie about this to the WHO, and allow 5 million people with the virus to travel out of Wuhan?

LOL identity politics

Dude, viruses don’t have ethnicities. I bet you would feel differently if it was called the “money grubbing Jew virus”.

Whats wrong with saying where it originated from? Is it wrong to say West African spices instead of spices? No one is saying everyone in China has it or is responsible for it but there is nothing wrong with declaring a connotation of its origin.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

Whats wrong with saying where it originated from? Is it wrong to say West African spices instead of spices? No one is saying everyone in China has it or is responsible for it but there is nothing wrong with declaring a connotation of its origin.

negatives: inflames racial tensions and in doing so, promotes general hysteria while straining ties with the literal #1 source of our medicine and protective gear

positives: people with the emotional intelligence of lamprey eels get to flaunt their racism in public.

Comments

LegalizeMeth: lol this guy is a national fucking treasure
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Diamond
    Load Metric

negatives: inflames racial tensions and in doing so, promotes general hysteria while straining ties with the literal #1 source of our medicine and protective gear

positives: people with the emotional intelligence of lamprey eels get to flaunt their racism in public.

Oh feelings...I get it. So if something is true but hurts your feelings we should not mention it. You're over exaggerating this bro. Hysteria and racial tensions are not being projected by anyone besides the ones that are "offended."

Just because a very small percentage will use this as a way to "flaunt their racism" is not a reason to withdraw facts from the situation.

Load Metric

Oh feelings...I get it. So if something is true but hurts your feelings we should not mention it. You're over exaggerating this bro. Hysteria and racial tensions are not being projected by anyone besides the ones that are "offended."

Just because a very small percentage will use this as a way to "flaunt their racism" is not a reason to withdraw facts from the situation.

actually it is because the "facts" youre flaunting have no redemptive purpose beyond legitimizing your personality disorder.

china is going absolutely apeshit over this and we need them.

grow up or take it to todd's sociopath coronavirus thread.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    China appears to have as almost stopped the infections.

Load Metric

This is why. The virus already has 2 names. The Coronavirus and the Wuhan virus. Trump can’t call it the Wuhan virus because his dumbshit followers won’t get the message. They don’t even know where Beijing is.

OSA, I lived in San Francisco during the height of the AIDS epidemic. At the beginning, we all called it the “gay disease” and it was “something only homos got”. The nations response was a disaster. Finally, Reagan, to his credit, addressed the problem.

Name:  AA4C54FF-45D2-4EA0-BEE9-B772699AD654.png
Views: 374
Size:  127.0 KB
    Words are powerful. I suggest you delve into the works of one George Orwell whilst in self isolation.

Comments

JimmyG_415:

donkdowndonedied: Ooops. I made exact same point without reading yours.

Load Metric

This is why. The virus already has 2 names. The Coronavirus and the Wuhan virus. Trump can’t call it the Wuhan virus because his dumbshit followers won’t get the message. They don’t even know where Beijing is.

OSA, I lived in San Francisco during the height of the AIDS epidemic. At the beginning, we all called it the “gay disease” and it was “something only homos got”. The nations response was a disaster. Finally, Reagan, to his credit address the problem.

Words are powerful. I suggest you delve into the works of one George Orwell whilst in self isolation.

nm will pm.

Diamond
    Load Metric

OSA, I lived in San Francisco during the height of the AIDS epidemic. At the beginning, we all called it the “gay disease” and it was “something only homos got”. The nations response was a disaster. Words are powerful. I suggest you delve into the works of one George Orwell whilst in self isolation.
    This isn't insensitive?

I have heard the comparison to the AIDS epidemic before and I know about Orwell. Again, Trump isn't blaming China like people were blaming the gays in SF, and saying its "their" problem because they have gay sex. If I report on food poisoning in a Chinese restaurant am I inflaming racial tensions by notating it was a Chinese restaurant and not just a restaurant? Of course not.

It should be presented as the coronavirus that originated in Wuhan province or in a Chinese city. Nothing wrong with that.

As for the crossing out I question the authenticity of the photo, the internetz and all. However, one does not know what is going on behind closed doors politically in regards to support and such

Load Metric

OSA, I lived in San Francisco during the height of the AIDS epidemic. At the beginning, we all called it the “gay disease” and it was “something only homos got”. The nations response was a disaster. Words are powerful. I suggest you delve into the works of one George Orwell whilst in self isolation.
    This isn't insensitive?
    Yeah, we should be more careful not to offend Druff.

Comments

JimmyG_415: FAKE OUTRAGE If he cared about being sensitive he wouldn't call it the Chinese Virus.

Load Metric
    I always thought one step was Asian, I guess not.

And on top of everything else, Trump is doing this, so we are talking about how racist he is, and not about what a shitty job he is doing on the Mar-a-lago Virus.

If you are still w/Trump, you are at least ok w/racism, but I just can't imagine how racist you'd have to be to fight for something stupid like this.
    Fox "news" sheep.

OSA, I lived in San Francisco during the height of the AIDS epidemic. At the beginning, we all called it the “gay disease” and it was “something only homos got”. The nations response was a disaster. Finally, Reagan, to his credit, addressed the problem.

San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric

LOL identity politics

Agree strongly. I think that two reasons why this hasn't been discussed much are:

1) No media member wants to take the chance of being labeled as a racist. That's the kiss of death in that business.

2) Many media members are leaning on the WHO for their information about the virus and the WHO is simply a puppet of the Chinese Communist Party.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post

And on top of everything else, Trump is doing this, so we are talking about how racist he is, and not about what a shitty job he is doing on the Mar-a-lago Virus.

If you are still w/Trump, you are at least ok w/racism, but I just can't imagine how racist you'd have to be to fight for something stupid like this.
    Fox "news" sheep.

One look at my dick and you'd see I wasn't Asian. I am not the one fighting for anything bro. You, tine, and Jay are the ones upset that Our President calls it Chinese virus among other terms as corona virus etc. This discussion should be #1049 on the list when talking about the situation we have right now.

Again. To use another example. When Katrina hit thousands of African Americans were displaced. No one thought it was racist to say that or to bring up their ethnicity. I feel like I am trying to explain this to a person who doesn't speak English.

Comments

Jayjami: Respect your opinion, but no dick pics in my inbox please.

Load Metric

LOL identity politics

In a way, they're kind of defending Trump also. Since he did the exact same thing.

Load Metric
    No idea what issue is with saying Chinese Coronavirus. I’ve been saying African AIDS for years....

Also it’s called covid19 not the Coronavirus because that is a blanket term. You might as well call SARS the Chinese Coronavirus as well.

Even if you are against identity politics calling it Chinese Coronavirus makes you look like a idiot .
    Last edited by BetCheckBet; 03-20-2020 at 06:59 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post

Fox "news" sheep.
    One look at my dick and you'd see I wasn't Asian. I am not the one fighting for anything bro. You, tine, and Jay are the ones upset that Our President calls it Chinese virus among other terms as corona virus etc. This discussion should be #1049 on the list when talking about the situation we have right now.

Again. To use another example. When Katrina hit thousands of African Americans were displaced. No one thought it was racist to say that or to bring up their ethnicity. I feel like I am trying to explain this to a person who doesn't speak English.
    I’m not upset about it. Just pointing out that Trump is trying to rename the virus to manipulate his sheeple. If it had started out being called the “Chinese virus” I would be fine with that.

Thread Information