Page 116 of 947 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216616 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 18937

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    Just like the aids virus? Still no cure for it after like 50 years.

I hope you're right and everyone is wrong. I really do.

I'm sorry to hear about your parents passing. Makes me sad to hear that.
    Yeah but nobody is really dying of AIDS anymore at least in the USA and that is really all that matters to me. Regarding this virus, the largest estimates are 1.7M will die out of 350M people in this country. Sucks for the 1.7M but its called percentages and most would have died anyway from something else in 2020. I am pre-disposed to just about two of the most deadly cancers on the market due to heredity issues, I just go about my day and bank as much as I can for my kids, WTF else are you supposed to do?
    Not much you can do but take care of yourself and get tested

I know people are gonna die and I have accepted that but what I can't accept is knowing the man in charge of all of us has been lying and down playing this.He should have been on top of this weeks ago. We should have been building make shift hospitals and stock piling and manufacturing the equipment needed to fight this weeks ago.

If we were on teh brink of war and didn't have enough guns and bullets would you not be pissed? Imagine that. All out war and we don't have enough guns and ammo to protect ourselves. This is very similar to that type of situation

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

Yeah but nobody is really dying of AIDS anymore at least in the USA and that is really all that matters to me. Regarding this virus, the largest estimates are 1.7M will die out of 350M people in this country. Sucks for the 1.7M but its called percentages and most would have died anyway from something else in 2020. I am pre-disposed to just about two of the most deadly cancers on the market due to heredity issues, I just go about my day and bank as much as I can for my kids, WTF else are you supposed to do?
    Not much you can do but take care of yourself and get tested

I know people are gonna die and I have accepted that but what I can't accept is knowing the man in charge of all of us has been lying and down playing this.He should have been on top of this weeks ago. We should have been building make shift hospitals and stock piling and manufacturing the equipment needed to fight this weeks ago.

If we were on teh brink of war and didn't have enough guns and bullets would you not be pissed? Imagine that. All out war and we don't have enough guns and ammo to protect ourselves. This is very similar to that type of situation
    I mean I cannot even fathom this. This whole thing started in China and they basically hid that for months. But forget that for a moment. What were the Democrats obsessed with the last two years? Impeachment. You hear nothing about Russia anymore do you? Ukraine? This is the next one, give me a break. I am not saying the virus is serous or not serous, but Russia Collusion is dead because it was totally fake to begin with. This is the latest iteration.

Load Metric
    I tend to agree with you about a lot of that impeachment stuff but people in his administration did you to jail and were convicted of crimes so it def wasn't all made up.Someone did something illegal otherwise they would not have been convicted of a crime.
    Multiple Trump aids and staff were convicted.

This guy is a menace and all he does is lie. He says one thing one day and then the exact opposite the next day. It isn't made up media bullshit its him saying this stuff. As recent as late feb he is on tape saying that this virus is a hoax. He said this to 1000's of his followers at a rally. How can you or anyone defend this? If obama did shit like that id be on his ass like white on rice too.

I never liked bush but that was strictly politics. He isn't a bad person or evil and same goes for reagan but this guy is a sociopath, a compulsive liar, a narcissist, and he probably has a few other mental disorders as well.

He is not fit to run our country and during this time of crisis I cant think of any president who I would feel worse about being in charge right now. Give me nixon give me any other past president other than this guy.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I've seen "free rent" demands from certain people on social media.

Some cities have actually made it impossible to evict people during this crisis.

This is all a lot of crap and will get exploited big time. Landlords have expenses and mortgages. You can't just force them to take nothing, or remove their power to evict if the tenant chooses not to pay. It would be like forcing restaurants to give everyone free food, or not to be able to do anything if people eat and walk out.

Removing late fees (within reason) would be more understandable, provided there is a stated end date to the whole thing.
    The restaurant analogy is an interesting one but does not take into account the massive public health issue that would be created if families and even single people are put out on the street. If this crisis lasts for many months or, god forbid, years, the economy will be so crippled that many millions will be unable to pay their rent. Mass evictions are not a viable option under these conditions.and would be a threat to public safety and could even cause the complete breakdown of law and order. Of course, some scumbags will attempt to game the system but public policy can not be made based on this fact. If this goes on for an extended period, I expect the federal government to prohibit both evictions and foreclosures to limit the movement of people and to keep landlords and homeowners from losing their properties. The federal government's first priority needs to be the ability to keep people in place. The feds may even take complete control of banks and mortgage providers. The waving of late fees might be helpful, but if it's an extended crisis, it will be closer to rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I tend to agree with you about a lot of that impeachment stuff but people in his administration did you to jail and were convicted of crimes so it def wasn't all made up.Someone did something illegal otherwise they would not have been convicted of a crime.

This guy is a menace and all he does is lie. He says one thing one day and then the exact opposite the next day. It isn't made up media bullshit its him saying this stuff. As recent as late feb he is on tape saying that this virus is a hoax. He said this to 1000's of his followers at a rally. How can you or anyone defend this? If obama did shit like that id be on his ass like white on rice too.

I never liked bush but that was strictly politics. He isn't a bad person or evil and same goes for reagan but this guy is a sociopath, a compulsive liar, a narcissist, and he probably has a few other mental disorders as well.

He is not fit to run our country and during this time of crisis I cant think of any president who I would feel worse about being in charge right now. Give me nixon give me any other past president other than this guy.
    Even Carter? Or Grant? Or Hoover?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I feel sorry for Greta Thunberg...her gravy train got stopped dead in its tracks.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This type of thing definitely isn't in Trump's set of strengths. Trump is good at confronting adversity, standing up to hostile foreign leaders, and is business-friendly (which helped the economy big time for the past few years).

He's not very good at managing details when things are going wrong, and has zero ability to use subtlety. With him, everything is "terrific", "tremendous", "great", etc, which isn't exactly comforting to hear when scary things like this are occurring and you just want the facts -- even if those facts are unpleasant to hear.

With that said, this is a very difficult situation to manage, especially in the US where people have a very hard time self-isolating and staying home. The testing will let us better know the true numbers, but it won't solve this, especially if many people are asymptomatic. In a perfect word, we would have 330 million tests and every American could test themselves and know whether to isolate. But we don't have that, nor is it realistic to have anywhere near that number of tests at this point. Short of that, we will have asymptomatic people walking around spreading it.

The best things you can do for yourself now:

1) Limit the amount you're out

2) When you're out, stay 6 feet away from others as much as possible

3) Stay away from people over 65. You might end up killing them if you're infected and asymptomatic.

4) Know the symptoms of coronavrirus (fever, dry cough, shortness of breath), and stay away from everyone if you experience these.

Also if you're under 35, there's almost zero point zero chance you're dying from this. If you're 35-59, you're probably not dying, but there's a small chance. If you're 60+, be very careful.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: But Obama

MumblesBadly: FFS! Putin is a hostile foreign leader!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post

Even Carter? Or Grant? Or Hoover?
    Carter for sure.He actually cares about people. Idk know how and im not gonna pretend like I know how some of these guys from the 1800's woulda handled this shitstorm.

Load Metric
    This type of thing definitely isn't in Trump's set of strengths. Trump is good at confronting adversity, standing up to hostile foreign leaders, and is business-friendly (which helped the economy big time for the past few years).

He's not very good at managing details when things are going wrong, and has zero ability to use subtlety. With him, everything is "terrific", "tremendous", "great", etc, which isn't exactly comforting to hear when scary things like this are occurring and you just want the facts -- even if those facts are unpleasant to hear.

With that said, this is a very difficult situation to manage, especially in the US where people have a very hard time self-isolating and staying home. The testing will let us better know the true numbers, but it won't solve this, especially if many people are asymptomatic. In a perfect word, we would have 330 million tests and every American could test themselves and know whether to isolate. But we don't have that, nor is it realistic to have anywhere near that number of tests at this point. Short of that, we will have asymptomatic people walking around spreading it.

3) Stay away from people over 65. You might end up killing them if you're infected and asymptomatic.

4) Know the symptoms of coronavrirus (fever, dry cough, shortness of breath), and stay away from everyone if you experience these.

Also if you're under 35, there's almost zero point zero chance you're dying from this. If you're 35-59, you're probably not dying, but there's a small chance. If you're 60+, be very careful.
    Be honest. Would you rather Obama was in office right now at this exact moment?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCommode View Post
    I've seen "free rent" demands from certain people on social media.

Some cities have actually made it impossible to evict people during this crisis.

This is all a lot of crap and will get exploited big time. Landlords have expenses and mortgages. You can't just force them to take nothing, or remove their power to evict if the tenant chooses not to pay. It would be like forcing restaurants to give everyone free food, or not to be able to do anything if people eat and walk out.

Removing late fees (within reason) would be more understandable, provided there is a stated end date to the whole thing.
    The restaurant analogy is an interesting one but does not take into account the massive public health issue that would be created if families and even single people are put out on the street. If this crisis lasts for many months or, god forbid, years, the economy will be so crippled that many millions will be unable to pay their rent. Mass evictions are not a viable option under these conditions.and would be a threat to public safety and could even cause the complete breakdown of law and order. Of course, some scumbags will attempt to game the system but public policy can not be made based on this fact. If this goes on for an extended period, I expect the federal government to prohibit both evictions and foreclosures to limit the movement of people and to keep landlords and homeowners from losing their properties. The federal government's first priority needs to be the ability to keep people in place. The feds may even take complete control of banks and mortgage providers. The waving of late fees might be helpful, but if it's an extended crisis, it will be closer to rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.
    The problem is that the government is trying to turn landlords into funders of housing welfare. Not fair.

If da gubbmint is gonna make landlords hold onto freeloading renters (whether the freeloading is intentional or unintentional), then it should pay the landlords for this.

In many states, evictions take a long time. Right now in Los Angeles County, tenants have 6 months to pay rent before they can be evicted. This means someone who didn't pay their March 1 rent can't be evicted until September 1, and then it could take another several months for the eviction to go through -- especially with the court backlog at that point. It's not unrealistic that freeloaders could squeeze a year of free rent out of this.

As Trump would say, "Unfair!"

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Obama would be better at handling this than Trump, but not by the margin you might think.

Obama was derisively called "No Drama Obama" by people in his own party, for his inability to manage underlings and refusal to listen to any complaints about cabinet members. This is how the healthcare.gov disaster occurred. This is also why the director of the VA wasn't fired despite thousands of veterans dying from the "fake waitlist scandal" -- something which never got sufficient play in the media. (Credit to CNN for exposing it, though.)

Basically Obama had a big weakness in that he sucked as a manager. He was that manager who, upon being told that his underlings were fucking up, would say, "No, no, I don't wanna hear it!" I'm sure you've seen businesses with managers like that, and they always go to shit. That was Obama as President. Obama had his strengths, but management wasn't one of them.

He'd have been far better at communicating with the people than Trump has been, though.

Load Metric

What exactly would be doing something different if it were Obama? Nothing. If you close down everything deaths would likely be higher. You really want a taxi driver home with his wife "24/7"

I almost think this is a dream and I am into one of those Discovery Channels at the moment. Night.

Load Metric
    At any given point we are less than three weeks away from returning to our animal roots.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCommode View Post

The problem is that the government is trying to turn landlords into funders of housing welfare. Not fair.

If da gubbmint is gonna make landlords hold onto freeloading renters (whether the freeloading is intentional or unintentional), then it should pay the landlords for this.

In many states, evictions take a long time. Right now in Los Angeles County, tenants have 6 months to pay rent before they can be evicted. This means someone who didn't pay their March 1 rent can't be evicted until September 1, and then it could take another several months for the eviction to go through -- especially with the court backlog at that point. It's not unrealistic that freeloaders could squeeze a year of free rent out of this.

If everyone is suffering, why are landlords exempt from the economic impact?

I will negotiate with my property management as such.

You cant raise my rent for the next 3 years.

I will pay 50%(Can negotiate to 75%) of my rent till July 1st or when I head back to work fulltime. Whichever comes first.

Considering the alternative and the fact that my roommate skipped out to go back to OK without even telling me and that shvartzas wont be paying them period for months and months, with no recourse, I think they will agree to this.

Of course this will be in writing and notarized.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

I will pay 50%(Can negotiate to 75%) of my rent till July 1st or when I head back to work fulltime. Whichever comes first.

Considering the alternative and the fact that my roommate skipped out to go back to OK without even telling me and that shvartzas wont be paying them period for months and months, I think they will agree to this.

With all due respect, you really are slimy.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

Considering the alternative and the fact that my roommate skipped out to go back to OK without even telling me and that shvartzas wont be paying them period for months and months, I think they will agree to this.

If my tenants in my house pay rent on time, I might not go this route.

Even if I just ask for no raise in rent for the next 3 years, is it that bad of an ask?

Load Metric

Obama would be better at handling this than Trump, but not by the margin you might think.

this is totally correct. obama, a functional adult, would have not have listened to rush limbaugh instead of doctors and, by extension, would not have swept this under the rug for weeks because hes terrified of losing an election.

but yeah man who would have thought letting evangelicals and sundowning autists run the GOP would have these sorts of consequences.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

this is totally correct. obama, a functional adult, would have not have listened to rush limbaugh instead of doctors and, by extension, would not have swept this under the rug for weeks because hes terrified of losing an election.

but yeah man who would have thought letting evangelicals and sundowning autists run the GOP would have these sorts of consequences.

Who in that group of experts that are with him on TV are autists?

Load Metric

Even if I just ask for no raise in rent for the next 3 years, is it that bad of an ask?
    You can always ask but being opportunistic for the sake of being opportunistic is weak. If you lost your job, became sick, etc it’s one thing, but this isn’t that.

Diamond
    Load Metric

You can always ask but being opportunistic for the sake of being opportunistic is weak. If you lost your job, became sick, etc it’s one thing, but this isn’t that.
    But I'm going to be losing money too. I count on my commission to pay for shit

Thread Information