Page 161 of 946 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211261661 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,220 of 18903

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Regarding Vitamin C:

I think this is one of those things where the research is poor, and there's actually something to it, but it hasn't been proven yet.

I average about 4 colds per year, which is on the upper end of normal. My colds typically have a wide variance in how severe they are and how long they last. The very worst ones have major symptoms for over 2 weeks, and I'm hit with sore throat, heavy congestion, fatigue, muscle aches, and a cough. The medium ones have major symptoms for about 5-7 days, and carry those same symptoms, but to a lesser severity. The light ones start out as a sore throat and some congestion, but vanish within completely 48 hours.

I have found that taking 750mg of Vitamin C has decreased the number of bad and medium colds I get, and turns about half of them into the minor/quick variety. This doesn't work every time -- but I've definitely noticed a difference.

This isn't a placebo. These are real physical symptoms which simply don't develop.

With that said, I did have minor/quick colds before I started with the Vitamin C, so I could just be running well and my body is fighting more of them off than before.

Still, if I had to guess, I would say that the Vitamin C is helping.

This reminds me a bit of the acne "myths" I read about in the early '90s. I read "credible" articles stating that research has proven that chocolate doesn't make acne worse, and things like sunlight, dry air, and dry soap doesn't make it better.

To that, I say, "Bullshit!"

Whenever I ate lot of chocolate in those years, I developed acne. It wasn't the only cause, but it was one cause, to where I really cut down my consumption of chocolate.

And when I'd be in the sun awhile, the acne would rapidly get better. Dry soaps -- usually cheap, crappy ones found in hotels especially -- really helped my acne. And when I visited a dry place like Las Vegas or Mammoth, again, the acne would vanish.

I saw all of this reliably over the years. I realize that each person is different and can have different experiences, but I found that each of these "debunked myths" regarding acne were actually true when it came to me.

I wasn't one of those guys who had a face full of acne constantly, but starting around age 19, I got sporadic outbreaks where I'd get several pimples at once, and I hated it. It took about 7 years to fully get rid of it, though it decreased a lot once I hit 23.
    Wasn’t Acutane (acne treatment) scary hyper tweaked vitamin C?

God, I haven’t thought of that in years.

Do they still do Acutane? I remember lawsuits
    I don't know. In the early '90s I heard some bad things about side effects from medical acne treatments, so I avoided them. Mine wasn't bad enough to try that. It was more of an annoyance. Would flare up and I'd have four big red pimples on my face. Actually postponed first dates when this would happen, claiming I was sick.

Every time I went to a hotel, I would snag some of their soaps. I couldn't find those in the store. Every soap for retail sale tried to moisturize. I didn't want that. I needed one of those cheap, awful soaps that makes your skin feel like the Sahara Desert. When I used those things, it would do wonders for the acne. I watched the pimples dry up quickly and vanish.

Load Metric
    vitamin C & D gummies certainly won't hurt your immune system, nothing wrong with a multi-vitamin either
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    welp weve done it skatz todge and his geezers discussing how they cant handle orange juice in 2k20 NEVER THOUGHT WE'D GET HERE BUT WE DID IT an absolutely hilarious parody of human interaction but no , no my friends this is real

Comments

JACKDANIELS: rofl

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    vitamin C & D gummies certainly won't hurt your immune system, nothing wrong with a multi-vitamin either
    I take 4000 IU D3 every day. Started doing that when a 2018 blood test said my Vitamin D was low. Now it's normal thanks to the pills, so I keep taking it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    I take 4000 IU D3 every day. Started doing that when a 2018 blood test said my Vitamin D was low. Now it's normal thanks to the pills, so I keep taking it.
    I take exactly this also. Mine was super low for a few physicals in a row. Always recommended. I’d start, then forget. Finally became a habit last year after I tested 9 with 30 lowest normal and doc got more vocal about me dicking around. Glad I stuck with it given its immune help with a plague out there.

This is now men’s health middle aged edition sponsored by just for men

Load Metric
    is anyone really shocked that OSA has deep, deep feelings for the 73 year old son of a kkk grand dragon who stole money from a child cancer charity?

Comments

OSA: Whaaaaaaaaa

nunbeater: t a fag
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Im not financial guy but 6 trillion stimulus is mind blowing and scary

I have mixed feelings 1 side of me says okay great we are in this now together the people in power and the guys who calls the shots are not fucking around. Someone told trump to get his shit together and to stop fucking around. This is too serious for 1 man to be the only shot caller.
    On the other hand when I see them toss 6 trillion at this I know that they are extremely worried, I wish it was 2 trillion
    I know this is a total 360 turn around on my part but Donald Trump is the president and in this time of crisis and fear me and my family stand behind our president and support him and his decisions 110 % going forward. The past is the past and we aren't living in the past anymore we are going forward.

MY entire family agreed on this earlier today.

Comments

LegalizeMeth: its a 180 turn you dumb fuck a 360 puts you back where you started

Load Metric

Comments

big dick: I needed a good laugh

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post

I have mixed feelings 1 side of me says okay great we are in this now together the people in power and the guys who calls the shots are not fucking around. Someone told trump to get his shit together and to stop fucking around. This is too serious for 1 man to be the only shot caller.
    On the other hand when I see them toss 6 trillion at this I know that they are extremely worried, I wish it was 2 trillion
    I know this is a total 360 turn around on my part but Donald Trump is the president and in this time of crisis and fear me and my family stand behind our president and support him and his decisions 110 % going forward. The past is the past and we aren't living in the past anymore we are going forward.

wait until you find out how much the fed has been dumping into the repo market every night.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    For 7 trillion they could mail every adult $28,000. Anybody else rather have that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

wait until you find out how much the fed has been dumping into the repo market every night.
    reading up on it now. Fuck

Load Metric

I know this is a total 360 turn around on my part but Donald Trump is the president and in this time of crisis and fear me and my family stand behind our president and support him and his decisions 110 % going forward.The past is the past and we aren't living in the past anymore we are going forward.

Think carefully about what you are saying here. This is how a democracy can easily slide into fascist state.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    welp weve done it skatz todge and his geezers discussing how they cant handle orange juice in 2k20 NEVER THOUGHT WE'D GET HERE BUT WE DID IT an absolutely hilarious parody of human interaction but no , no my friends this is real

Gare, you related to Tiger King? Are you his 4th husband?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Name:  8766403-stacked-gold-bars.jpg
Views: 949
Size:  250.9 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

I know this is a total 360 turn around on my part but Donald Trump is the president and in this time of crisis and fear me and my family stand behind our president and support him and his decisions 110 % going forward.The past is the past and we aren't living in the past anymore we are going forward.

Think carefully about what you are saying here. This is how a democracy can easily slide into fascist state.
    I hear you mumbles but now isn't the time to worry about things like that imo We got bigger fish to fry at the moment. Let's beat this first and then we can all go back to hating eachother.

Load Metric

blake you fraud apologize to queen nancy this absolute instant.

Load Metric
    https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavi...wiy-story.html

I have never seen elected public officals talk this way.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

blake you fraud apologize to queen nancy this absolute instant.
    so its 2 trillion? What happened to 6? Fuckin hope its 2 because that makes me think things are slightly less urgent

listened to larry kudlow for a 2nd time. So its 4t in reserves for lending and 2t for direct efforts now
    Last edited by big dick; 03-24-2020 at 09:38 PM.

Load Metric
    The taxpayer exception is gone but the 99k cap stayed.

It’s a loan from next years tax return..... nobody is saying that part..... the plebs don’t know what that means.

Comments

BCR: Well so much for queen nancy if that’s correct. Will make it quicker for those who get one.

Load Metric
    I deleted my poor joke but someone will actually be trolling for homeless, and scamming

Thread Information