Page 347 of 947 FirstFirst ... 247297337343344345346347348349350351357397447847 ... LastLast
Results 6,921 to 6,940 of 18935

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

It comes from the minds of people who know a good percentage of their voters will swallow absolutely anything they're told to believe.

go read the Trump thread when "Russian collusion" was the narrative. they even had me, just some random man's man dipshit that has no reason or motivation to bullshit them trying to help dozens of times. MINDLESS DRONES

actually no that's not true, I was some guy that absolutely owned them already but that didn't count because Trump used Russia to cheat LOL SFBAD

Load Metric

It comes from the minds of people who know a good percentage of their voters will swallow absolutely anything they're told to believe.

go read the Trump thread when "Russian collusion" was the narrative. they even had me, just some random man's man dipshit that has no reason or motivation to bullshit them trying to help dozens of times. MINDLESS DRONES
    These are just numbers. I don’t get why they say shit when it’s numbers. Political shit can be spun. Numbers are numbers. It isn’t even a big deal tbh. The vast majority of underreported deaths are grandma is dying in a nursing home.

She had six months to live maybe. They chalked it up to respiratory disease. The family didn’t give a fuck even if they suspected covid. It isn’t like your 25 year old son died and you need answers. Clearly when you don’t have enough tests to test sick peope in ER’s, you didn’t have extra tests to waste on some coroners hunch in a case where a person had limited time. It wasn’t even a political issue. That’s article that mentions it casually is Fox News. It was just an obvious thing that deaths would be missed initially.

He has all these media people coming at him constantly and I get why he gets defensive about certain shit, but the fights he picks to fight are baffling lately. They are shit easily disproven. He’s off his game.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

These are just numbers. I don’t get why they say shit when it’s numbers. Political shit can be spun. Numbers are numbers. It isn’t even a big deal tbh. The vast majority of underreported deaths are grandma is dying in a nursing home.

She had six months to live maybe. They chalked it up to respiratory disease. The family didn’t give a fuck even if they suspected covid. It isn’t like your 25 year old son died and you need answers. Clearly when you don’t have enough tests to test sick peope in ER’s, you didn’t have extra tests to waste on some coroners hunch in a case where a person had limited time. It wasn’t even a political issue. That’s article that mentions it casually is Fox News. It was just an obvious thing that deaths would be missed initially.

He has all these media people coming at him constantly and I get why he gets defensive about certain shit, but the fights he picks to fight are baffling lately. They are shit easily disproven. He’s off his game.

that's why hes him, he will never let it rest. same trait that Michael Jordan has when ppl say "why was his HOF speech so petty"

Load Metric
    Here is the CDC 17-page report that the Trump administration has just rejected.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...ml#document/p1

Instead Trump will re-open the country immediately Governors be damned.

Everything will instantly return to normal.
    Stock market will continue to explode.
    Employment will go back to 3.5%.
    GDP will grow at least 5% this year.

Just kidding. America is fucked.

33.5 million people are unemployed.

14 million businesses will close this year.

The Great Depression part 2 has now arrived.

Load Metric

All the medical experts are saying the death count is likely UNDERreported.

The narrative that they are over-reported is Trump and Fox News.

So 40% of people are about to become even more misinformed than they already are.

This is an amazing narrative. It sn’t like there isn’t charts and historical data showing average yearly deaths per month in every country. It breaks down per week in most countries. It was very clearly way underreported early and is skewing closer to accurate now. Many places had 40k deaths more than average with 19k Covid deaths. The true number is much larger. I don’t know where this stuff comes from.

Do you have a link for this data ?

For the Uk I am not seeing any significant change in deaths per month.

Best source for the Uk on deaths per month I have is here.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...usualresidence

Data has not been published for April 2020 but for Jan / Feb / March in the UK we have this data

Jan 53,910
    Feb 45,796
    March 43,946

Jan 56,706
    Feb 43,653
    March 49,723

Not saying you are wrong btw I'm just keen to see the data for myself so if you can share some links would be interesting.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post

This is an amazing narrative. It sn’t like there isn’t charts and historical data showing average yearly deaths per month in every country. It breaks down per week in most countries. It was very clearly way underreported early and is skewing closer to accurate now. Many places had 40k deaths more than average with 19k Covid deaths. The true number is much larger. I don’t know where this stuff comes from.

Data has not been published for April 2020 but for Jan / Feb / March in the UK we have this data

Jan 53,910
    Feb 45,796
    March 43,946

Jan 56,706
    Feb 43,653
    March 49,723

Not saying you are wrong btw I'm just keen to see the data for myself so if you can share some links would be interesting.
    It was like a month ago when I read it. Let me look. If I wasn’t clear, what I was saying was the U.K. had more deaths than expected deaths as a percentage. It was early in the outbreak late March early April numbers iirc.

Edit

This was one article that probably made me say U.K. as they were listed as having the most above expect deaths.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ng-deaths.html

Comments

JACKDANIELS: shows his sources

Load Metric
    I have to run out for a little bit. Some stats guy for a news organization had broken down a bunch of countries week by week and made a series of tweets linking to his data but I can’t remember his name and can’t find it right now . It was basically the same theme as that article. Excess deaths.

Just that more people are dying many places even when you take into account the covid deaths. It wasn’t some trend just here. I assume suicides are up, but everything else should be down given the lack of movement. Plus that was pretty early. Most people who would take themselves out or kill their wife would likely take a bit of time to get to that point.

Load Metric
    This disease seems to had been relegated to the North East US which a bunch of NE Governors have mismanaged and passed on to the rest of us. Just terrible.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: idiot

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    This disease seems to had been relegated to the North East US which a bunch of NE Governors have mismanaged and passed on to the rest of us. Just terrible.
    I was watching Mass Gov Baker today as is my habit. I am thoroughly impressed.

Mass has very little protest. There are no mixed signals from our leaders. Nothing is open and people are onboard socially. I have gotten nasty looks for breaking the mask rule. Our Virus was scarier so it’s was very real and people are wealthier and better educated.

I am convinced we have a nastier strain. I believe this thing is mutating in ingenious ways. Children in the Northeast are now exhibiting strange cardiovascular arrests. That’s the new talk.

I am convinced the various international university conferences held here and the numerous international biotechs killed us early on. I had told the story of a friend who works in biotech and caught it in January from an exec visiting from Wuhan. He was never tested. Too early. They thought it was pneumonia.

MIT’s Sloan sports analytics conference was one of the last March 1st. You took a “gamble” if you went.... and they did.

Just wait til we get on the road and introduce you to our little friends.

Load Metric
    If you back out New York’s numbers - which are declining- the rest of the country, on balance, is on the rise.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post

Jan 53,910
    Feb 45,796
    March 43,946

Jan 56,706
    Feb 43,653
    March 49,723

It was like a month ago when I read it. Let me look. If I wasn’t clear, what I was saying was the U.K. had more deaths than expected deaths as a percentage. It was early in the outbreak late March early April numbers iirc.

Edit

This was one article that probably made me say U.K. as they were listed as having the most above expect deaths.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ng-deaths.html

ok thanks will be interesting to see what numbers the uk govt puts up for april thats for sure

Load Metric
    My biggest objection to Trump has been his whipsawing back and forth policy-wise. You know anything said will be reversed tomorrow. He discredits himself.

Social distance. Don’t social distance. I’m the boss. Let the governors handle it. Now it’s a street fight. No leadership.

I love how Trump is refusing to release the new CDC guidelines for reopening. A report I paid for, btw.

Gosh, I sure wouldn’t want to the CDC’s latest advice. I’ll ask my local barber what he thinks I should do.

Complete clown show. I was once a Trumptard too.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Mass has very little protest. There are no mixed signals from our leaders. Nothing is open and people are onboard socially. I have gotten nasty looks for breaking the mask rule. Our Virus was scarier so it’s was very real and people are wealthier and better educated.

I am convinced we have a nastier strain. I believe this thing is mutating in ingenious ways. Children in the Northeast are now exhibiting strange cardiovascular arrests. That’s the new talk.

I am convinced the various international university conferences held here and the numerous international biotechs killed us early on. I had told the story of a friend who works in biotech and caught it in January from an exec visiting from Wuhan. He was never tested. Too early. They thought it was pneumonia.

MIT’s Sloan sports analytics conference was one of the last March 1st. You took a “gamble” if you went.... and they did.

No it's not. You saw the same news blurb we all saw where there was Kawasaki disease with a handful of kids. Stop trying to sound so smarmy smart by repeating shit you see in cable news in the morning.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: fuck you

Load Metric

I have been extraordinary impressed by our governor in Ohio. Proactive. Let medical professional deal with it. The republican led house just stripped him of that yesterday. Took the right away from the doctor to make the decisions. I don’t really even have a big issue with it as we were almost being overly cautious in an environment where out neighboring states were going to open anyway. I didn’t want to see people crossing he border at the expense of local business and bringing virus back anyway.

I have never considered voting for a Republican governor because I hate the privatization of everything from turnpikes to schools and transportation for physically and mentally handicapped children to every state service. It’s always done on the cheap, provides no savings to consumers, services are provided to children and elderly by people earning $10/hr and worth not a cent more. It’s all a huge scam to break organized labor and the Turnpike ends up owned by a group on lawyers who don’t maintain it while tolls still rise. Taxes never go down for anything despite the community being served by far less qualified people in every sector.

DeWine is giving me pause. I’ve been so impressed I can’t imagine I’d choose to vote against him if he seeks another term. He’s 73, so I’m not sure he will given he just assumed office in 2019. He’s been incredibly competent and free to just make smart decisions when it isn’t about political ambition at that age. Just polar opposite of the head of his party. Preferred to stay out of spotlight and even said point your ire at me, not medical professionals. Leadership is impressive. Crisis makes good ones shine.

Load Metric
    My biggest objection to Trump has been his whipsawing back and forth policy-wise. You know anything said will be reversed tomorrow. He discredits himself.

Social distance. Don’t social distance. I’m the boss. Let the governors handle it. Now it’s a street fight. No leadership.

I love how Trump is refusing to release the new CDC guidelines for reopening. A report I paid for, btw.

Gosh, I sure wouldn’t want to the CDC’s latest advice. I’ll ask my local barber what he thinks I should do.

But you have a brain and a conscience and you were able to see him for what he is. Precious little of that among the Trumptards.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric

I have been extraordinary impressed by our governor in Ohio. Proactive. Let medical professional deal with it. The republican led house just stripped him of that yesterday. Took the right away from the doctor to make the decisions. I don’t really even have a big issue with it as we were almost being overly cautious in an environment where out neighboring states were going to open anyway. I didn’t want to see people crossing he border at the expense of local business and bringing virus back anyway.

I have never considered voting for a Republican governor because I hate the privatization of everything from turnpikes to schools and transportation for physically and mentally handicapped children to every state service. It’s always done on the cheap, provides no savings to consumers, services are provided to children and elderly by people earning $10/hr and worth not a cent more. It’s all a huge scam to break organized labor and the Turnpike ends up owned by a group on lawyers who don’t maintain it while tolls still rise. Taxes never go down for anything despite the community being served by far less qualified people in every sector.

DeWine is giving me pause. I’ve been so impressed I can’t imagine I’d choose to vote against him if he seeks another term. He’s 73, so I’m not sure he will given he just assumed office in 2019. He’s been incredibly competent and free to just make smart decisions when it isn’t about political ambition at that age. Just polar opposite of the head of his party. Preferred to stay out of spotlight and even said point your ire at me, not medical professionals. Leadership is impressive. Crisis makes good ones shine.
    There are some Republicans who are doing great these days. All of the ones who have disavowed Trump.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    here's some very serious citizen journalism from Sacramento, CA, about police and protests

Comments

BCR: I was like wtf is this nonsense? Then the voice started to sound familiar

MumblesBadly: He sounds only mildly drunk. Nevertheless, I subscribed to his channel.

Sanlmar: Threadworthy

Dan Druff: lololol

Load Metric
    Name:  42DF56E0-B9E2-427C-B69F-2C360B7961D5.jpeg
Views: 421
Size:  90.8 KB

Comments

MumblesBadly: Vegas-appropriate economic aphorism: “There is no free lap dance.”

splitthis: Lol

Load Metric
    Druff,

You expressed anger recently on the air and in posts about the lies told by government officials earlier about the people who weren’t sick not needing to wear masks. This Intercept article identifies the Trump administration lackeys who suggested that the CDC make that recommendation its public stance because the Trump political appointee who managed the department in the HHS who handled pandemic preparedness ignored the career specialist virologist working for him who repeatedly pressed for quickly ramping up mask manufacturing (and had a reliable supplier ready to do).

WHISTLEBLOWER DETAILS HOW TRUMP’S BUREAUCRATS REFUSED TO SECURE N95 MASKS AS PANDEMIC LOOMED
    https://theintercept.com/2020/05/07/...r-hhs-n95-ppe/

The name of the key villain in this debacle is Robert Kadlec, a Trump appointee to the HHS in 2017.

Name:  D45EAB59-F7AB-45FC-B843-B74DC0441AF4.jpeg
Views: 417
Size:  51.5 KB

Separate from being a petty bureaucratic tyrant, Kadlec apparently also is a ready enabler of Trump’s cronyism and nepotism regarding awarding government contracts to Trump’s political supporters *and* a company Jared Kushner is involved with.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Diamond
    Load Metric

But you have a brain and a conscience and you were able to see him for what he is. Precious little of that among the Trumptards.

I know what he is. I know what his opponents are too. Trump 2020 obv

Thread Information