Page 673 of 947 FirstFirst ... 173573623663669670671672673674675676677683723773 ... LastLast
Results 13,441 to 13,460 of 18924

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Name:  Screenshot_20210806-171222_Chrome.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  260.2 KB

OOOOPPPPPSSSSSS

kinda puts a wrench in that whole 99% unvaccinated theory

Comments

incognito81: 33,680 population. Also 20 people? LMAO nice sample. Look harder

Load Metric
    United Airlines to require vaccination to fly.

Also the governor of Tennessee wants to spend $500K on vaccinations… for cows. He also happens to own a cattle ranch. Another day in the land of Republican grift.

Comments

dwai: stupid

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

Also the governor of Tennessee wants to spend $500K on vaccinations… for cows. He also happens to own a cattle ranch. Another day in the land of Republican grift.
    celebrating fascism, nice life you stupid democrat loser

Comments

Walter Sobchak: You don’t know what fascism is

incognito81: see what you wanna see.....

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024: Offset 2 numskulls

Load Metric
    Name:  RDT_20210806_1726224657580403841097865.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  103.0 KB

lol losers, you'll always be losers

Comments

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Name:  Screenshot_20210806-171222_Chrome.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  260.2 KB

OOOOPPPPPSSSSSS

kinda puts a wrench in that whole 99% unvaccinated theory
    Ya same thing gonna happen here shortly. It’s their last push for the vatthine.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Name:  RDT_20210806_1726224657580403841097865.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  103.0 KB

lol losers, you'll always be losers

Lolzzzzzz.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric

Name:  Screenshot_20210806-190931_Gallery.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  504.9 KB

funny how you're so partisan you don't even mention your own side doing the same bullshit

that's how we know you're a fraud and a bitch

you just read cnn headlines and bitch like a good drone

tell the rest of your race to get vaccinated "so we can finally be done with this virus" you democrat shill

LOL WALTER SOBCHAK

Comments

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024: Indeed LOL Sobchak

splitthis: He is also horrible

Bronze
    Load Metric
    this article says i need to be nice to dwai....

Angry at the unvaccinated? Here's a better way

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/05/opini...son/index.html

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by incognito81 View Post
    this article says i need to be nice to dwai....

Angry at the unvaccinated? Here's a better way

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/05/opini...son/index.html
    Typical haughty article written by a person on the left who is trying to help his fellow leftists convince those ignorant Republicans to get the vaccine.

In this case, he's suggesting using psychological tricks to pretend you understand the person's concerns, and then gently semi-validate them while slipping in that the benefits of the vaccine supersedes those concerns.

From this place, you can begin to explore your differences with curiosity and compassion.

"It sounds like you and I want people to be both healthy and free from coercion. And this virus is sort of pitting those values against each other, and I'm coming down more strongly on the side of health, and you appear to value freedom more. But I hear your concerns about your health as well. And actually, I'm in favor of vaccination because I think it will give us all more freedom."

That was the approach we used with one of our vaccine hesitant friends. After a conversation full of respectful questions and discussion, she told us, "You know, I think I'm going to get the vaccine." Instead of trying to change her, we created an environment in which she felt safe enough to change on her own.
    On the surface, this sounds like a good idea, but in reality this is just a gentler form of telling someone, "You're wrong, I'm right. I'm smart, you're dumb. Do as I say."

This won't work on the vast majority of anti-COVID-vaxxers.

The problem is that this guy -- like most on the left -- does not understand conservatives or the real reasons they aren't vaccinating.

You can't just go through the motions pretending to understand their objections, and then gently tell them that you're choosing health over freedom, and that choosing health will bring more freedom anyway.

Anti-COVID-vaxxers do not trust the government about COVID, because the left politicized it and blamed the right side of the aisle from the very start. And as various contradictions/lies got exposed, they felt much better about their position.

Unfortunately, this pushed a lot of right-wingers into hyper-contrarian mode regarding COVID. Anything the left said or reccommended, they argued that the opposite was true. Presently, the left says to vaccinate, so these people reflexively say that vaccinating is bad. The actual "reasons" given (the vaccine being new, the lack of FDA approval, the unknown side effects) are just the talking points.

If you really want to change an anti-vaxxer's mind, you need to acknowledge the sins of the other side.

"I understand why you don't trust the left and the media. There's been a lot of lies told about COVID for political reasons, and I wish that didn't happen. But the vaccine isn't political, and is the right thing to take."

"I know the left and media did stupid things, like praising the crowded summer 2020 protests, and denying their danger, while telling you that you're killing people if you take your kids to the park or the beach. That was dumb, and that sort of bias killed people because it eroded trust. But if you research the true facts about the vaccine, you'll see it is greatly helpful."

"I know the left kept saying 'follow the science' and then didn't follow the science themselves many times. It makes sense you don't trust anything they say at this point, and I can totally understand why it pisses you off when the contradictions you've noticed are denied when you bring them up. I really wish this wasn't politicized. It's making people not want to take a great vaccine, which has nothing to do with politics."

These were the type of conversation I've had with people, and I've convinced several on the right to get the vaccine. Some will always refuse it, but this line of conversation is effective because it treats the vaccine doubter as a reasonable human, and acknolwedges that those telling them to take the vaccine were often full of shit in the past.

The media/left will never acknowledge their role in this mess. So we will always have vaccine hesitancy.

Load Metric
    lmao simmer down tucker
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Typical haughty article written by a person on the left who is trying to help his fellow leftists convince those ignorant Republicans to get the vaccine.

In this case, he's suggesting using psychological tricks to pretend you understand the person's concerns, and then gently semi-validate them while slipping in that the benefits of the vaccine supersedes those concerns.

From this place, you can begin to explore your differences with curiosity and compassion.

"It sounds like you and I want people to be both healthy and free from coercion. And this virus is sort of pitting those values against each other, and I'm coming down more strongly on the side of health, and you appear to value freedom more. But I hear your concerns about your health as well. And actually, I'm in favor of vaccination because I think it will give us all more freedom."

That was the approach we used with one of our vaccine hesitant friends. After a conversation full of respectful questions and discussion, she told us, "You know, I think I'm going to get the vaccine." Instead of trying to change her, we created an environment in which she felt safe enough to change on her own.
    On the surface, this sounds like a good idea, but in reality this is just a gentler form of telling someone, "You're wrong, I'm right. I'm smart, you're dumb. Do as I say."

The problem is that this guy -- like most on the left -- does not understand conservatives or the real reasons they aren't vaccinating.

You can't just go through the motions pretending to understand their objections, and then gently tell them that you're choosing health over freedom, and that choosing health will bring more freedom anyway.

Anti-COVID-vaxxers do not trust the government about COVID, because the left politicized it and blamed the right side of the aisle from the very start. And as various contradictions/lies got exposed, they felt much better about their position.

Unfortunately, this pushed a lot of right-wingers into hyper-contrarian mode regarding COVID. Anything the left said or reccommended, they argued that the opposite was true. Presently, the left says to vaccinate, so these people reflexively say that vaccinating is bad. The actual "reasons" given (the vaccine being new, the lack of FDA approval, the unknown side effects) are just the talking points.

If you really want to change an anti-vaxxer's mind, you need to acknowledge the sins of the other side.

"I understand why you don't trust the left and the media. There's been a lot of lies told about COVID for political reasons, and I wish that didn't happen. But the vaccine isn't political, and is the right thing to take."

"I know the left and media did stupid things, like praising the crowded summer 2020 protests, and denying their danger, while telling you that you're killing people if you take your kids to the park or the beach. That was dumb, and that sort of bias killed people because it eroded trust. But if you research the true facts about the vaccine, you'll see it is greatly helpful."

"I know the left kept saying 'follow the science' and then didn't follow the science themselves many times. It makes sense you don't trust anything they say at this point, and I can totally understand why it pisses you off when the contradictions you've noticed are denied when you bring them up. I really wish this wasn't politicized. It's making people not want to take a great vaccine, which has nothing to do with politics."

These were the type of conversation I've had with people, and I've convinced several on the right to get the vaccine. Some will always refuse it, but this line of conversation is effective because it treats the vaccine doubter as a reasonable human, and acknolwedges that those telling them to take the vaccine were often full of shit in the past.

The media/left will never acknowledge their role in this mess. So we will always have vaccine hesitancy.
    You feel attacked. I get it druff. I just thought we were posting cnn links.

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Question

We cannot forget that the reason some of the Black population esp. in Deep South are reluctant is for the simple fact they were used as guinea pigs in Research for sTD's. imo...idk for sure. Could be a small reason....
    Last edited by shoeshine box; 08-06-2021 at 07:32 PM.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    If anyone needs vax cards, DM me. Running a sale, 2 copies, 1 price

Comments

splitthis: You gonna make a fortune

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by incognito81 View Post
    You feel attacked. I get it druff. I just thought we were posting cnn links.
    No, I don't feel attacked.

I just laugh at the haughty liberals who think they're so much smarter than everyone else, yet they are so trapped in their CNN-shaped bubble that they don't understand how conservatives think, nor are they self-aware enough to see their own party's culpability in this whole thing.

So instead of trying to suggest maybe a limited mea culpa in order to appeal to stubborn right wingers to vaccinate, we get a long article suggesting phony empahty and gentle psychological trickery.

If you can't bring yourself to converse with the other side as equals, you will make zero progress. The left still seems to think that they are so intellectually superior that having a non-manipulative, respectful conversation is beneath them.

Load Metric

500k is chump change compared to the grift the Democrats in DC are guilty of

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    If anyone needs vax cards, DM me. Running a sale, 2 copies, 1 price
    Ass rimming doesn’t count as vaxxed just saying.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeshine box View Post
    We cannot forget that the reason some of the Black population esp. in Deep South are reluctant for the simple fact they were used as guinea pigs in Research for sTD's. imo...idk for sure. Could be a small reason....

Media keeps blaming Trump supports yet 65% of FoxNews watchers say they are vaxxed meanwhile the lowest numbers are in Blacks and Hispanics who unless they left wants to change the narrative are pretty much Democrat voters for a large majority.

Comments

shoeshine box:

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

The same media and the current administration and leftist clowns on the Hill all shit on the vaccine development under Trump but suddenly the same vaccines are wonder drugs. Wtf did they expect to happen. You spent 6 months talking shit about the same shots 6 months later are suddenly the be all end all.

Silver
    Load Metric
    imagine thinking the government cares about your health

hahaha

Comments

shoeshine box: imagine. dream we can.

splitthis:

dwai:

Load Metric
    Thank god the Republicans didn’t politicize the virus.

There is no “right” side. Both sides are short sighted and so intent on scorched earth. You’re just pawns. Play on

This nonsense will run on for a year or more. Imagine the political landscape then. It will be exactly opposite what you guys think.

The smart politician will have zero skin in this argument and emerge pure.

Thread Information