Page 752 of 946 FirstFirst ... 252652702742748749750751752753754755756762802852 ... LastLast
Results 15,021 to 15,040 of 18903

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Dwai as soon as you recognize it was a pandemic the Who and CDC will have a joint press conference that their mission was accomplished.
    Will The Who be playing “Won’t Get Fooled Again”? That song is awesome live.
    You're referring to the new variant? I read a lot of bad things about this variant. The rhetoric being used was bad enough to send the world into a financial shock. People are saying things like lock down and further restrictions, etc etc. I do find it all harder and harder to believe. Still no 3rd shot for me. Druff says people like me are dumb but I would really like to know the end game here. Does it end at 3? 10?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    You're referring to the new variant? I read a lot of bad things about this variant. The rhetoric being used was bad enough to send the world into a financial shock. People are saying things like lock down and further restrictions, etc etc. I do find it all harder and harder to believe. Still no 3rd shot for me. Druff says people like me are dumb but I would really like to know the end game here. Does it end at 3? 10?
    I probably won't be getting the booster, or at least I'm in no rush.

The pills coming out for treatment should negate the need for it. At least for the relatively healthy population.

I've actually been kind of hoping to just get it after I got vaxxed, as that would naturally boost immunity. I may have, for all i know, just haven't been sick.

I might change my mind on the booster

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Black Friday Sale on Covid Cards. Half price. Buy one, get the booster included for free.

Comments

incognito81: ghey

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    We are overdue for a thinning of the crowds. Survival of the fittest.
    Holds true today. It will take what it needs.

Another 1.25 million to go.

Comments

The Boz: Reality is the majority that go created their own situation and are more likely to be leeches on taxpayers.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    My son hasn't even gotten his first shot yet. He just became eligible a few weeks ago.

We are still planning on getting it done, but it would be nice to know if getting the vaccine helps at all against Omicron, in either mitigating getting infected or the severity of the disease.

Comments

country978: wish i had the answers

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I know everyone's panicking about Omnicron, but I'm having a hard time getting very concerned about it.

Remember the Brazil variant? The California variant? The Lambda variant?

These were all supposed to spell disaster, yet they all became non-issues.

Of all the variants -- many of which were hyped up upon discovery -- only one, Delta, ended up becoming a problem.

However, even Delta wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Remember the belief that Delta was evading vaccines? In reality, the vaccines were just fading starting around 4 months, and Delta happened to be the one breaking through because it was the main variant around. It turned out that the vaccines worked just fine against Delta, after all.

So far, Delta has suppressed all other variants from taking hold, and they have died out. I did read that Omnicron is as contagious as Delta (and perhaps moreso), so I guess it does have a shot at replacing Delta.

However, we really can't engage in repeated variant panic, because all that does is continue to disrupt everything. It also becomes a case of "the boy who cried wolf", as people are going to tune out variant concern, and then ignore an actual problematic one (say, one which is more deadly and/or evades vaccines) shows up.

Oh, and I'm hearing that the WHO jumped right past Nu and Xi and went right to Omnicron. Why? Well, the WHO didn't want to offend a certain person named Xi. WHO should just change its name to CHO, and be done with it.

Comments

splitthis: They want continued panic

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I know everyone's panicking about Omnicron, but I'm having a hard time getting very concerned about it.

Remember the Brazil variant? The California variant? The Lambda variant?

These were all supposed to spell disaster, yet they all became non-issues.

Of all the variants -- many of which were hyped up upon discovery -- only one, Delta, ended up becoming a problem.

However, even Delta wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Remember the belief that Delta was evading vaccines? In reality, the vaccines were just fading starting around 4 months, and Delta happened to be the one breaking through because it was the main variant around. It turned out that the vaccines worked just fine against Delta, after all.

So far, Delta has suppressed all other variants from taking hold, and they have died out. I did read that Omnicron is as contagious as Delta (and perhaps moreso), so I guess it does have a shot at replacing Delta.

However, we really can't engage in repeated variant panic, because all that does is continue to disrupt everything. It also becomes a case of "the boy who cried wolf", as people are going to tune out variant concern, and then ignore an actual problematic one (say, one which is more deadly and/or evades vaccines) shows up.

Oh, and I'm hearing that the WHO jumped right past Nu and Xi and went right to Omnicron. Why? Well, the WHO didn't want to offend a certain person named Xi. WHO should just change its name to CHO, and be done with it.
    thank you for your analysis. It seems there are many intent on striking fear into others, oftentimes unnecessarily. Its enough already. Something is coming for us all. Best to not live in fear.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I should further explain the Nu/Xi thing.

"Nu" was likely skipped because it would be confused with the word "new" when spoken, and people would think there is a "new" coronavirus.

Xi... well, that's obvious.

Load Metric
    Hopefully the pill has success. I don’t worry about any of these variants being vaccinated. Going to watch Ohio State game in twenty minutes in crowded atmosphere. If one breaks through, there isn’t a lot to be done about it having just got the booster. Will make smart choice if.

I don’t ever worry about dying. I worry about the process of dying or living with the after effects. I guess I’m hyper-vigilant as I’ve experienced trouble breathing. When I was sick, my illness caused bronchiospasms.

That sensation is unlike anything else. You can relax your way out of even the worst pain. You can medicate it, but there also mental techniques.

There is no relaxing out of not being able to breathe. Your body is hardwired to go nuts. It was the most unsettling part of a years long ordeal. You can deal with almost anything, but have someone stick your head underwater and try to relax.

Months of that is a nightmare where I feel bad for even the anti-vaxxers who go from it’s all a hoax to fuck this is serious overnight. As I know that sensation, and next to ALS which scares the shit out of me, I’d rather die in a fire. Agonizing for a brief moment, but much shorter. If I got to the we are going to put you on a ventilator stage, I’m signing myself out and eating a bullet first if I have the energy to make it to my car.

Comments

country978: i conciously took a nice deep breath while reading this

Gold
    Load Metric
    “The war is not meant to be won, it is meant to be continuous. Hierarchical society is only possible on the basis of poverty and ignorance. This new version is the past and no different past can ever have existed. In principle the war effort is always planned to keep society on the brink of starvation. The war is waged by the ruling group against its own subjects and its object is not the victory over either Eurasia or East Asia, but to keep the very structure of society intact.”

George Orwell, 1984

--I think this sums up pretty well how the neoliberal elites approach the Coronavirus pandemic, the various culture wars against racism, transphobia, Islmamophobia, etc., and the rewriting of history (eg 1619 project, Juneteenth, tearing down Thomas Jefferson statues).

--In other words, the more things change the more they remain the same.

Comments

Jayjami: 2 legs bad, 4 legs good.

Sanlmar: Damn

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    “The war is not meant to be won, it is meant to be continuous. Hierarchical society is only possible on the basis of poverty and ignorance. This new version is the past and no different past can ever have existed. In principle the war effort is always planned to keep society on the brink of starvation. The war is waged by the ruling group against its own subjects and its object is not the victory over either Eurasia or East Asia, but to keep the very structure of society intact.”

George Orwell, 1984

--I think this sums up pretty well how the neoliberal elites approach the Coronavirus pandemic, the various culture wars against racism, transphobia, Islmamophobia, etc., and the rewriting of history (eg 1619 project, Juneteenth, tearing down Thomas Jefferson statues).

I’ll be damned. What a timely quote with the Russian/Chinese EurAsian alliance and our purposeful antagonistic interference with Taiwan.

Solves a lot of domestic political issues don’t it? The game is always the game

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

George Orwell, 1984

I’ll be damned. What a timely quote with the Russian/Chinese EurAsian alliance and our purposeful interference with Taiwan.

If you ever go down the George Orwell quote rabbit hole it is chilling how much his insight is relevant to present day.

And of course I found it very amusing how the neoliberal left rightly quoted Orwell when Trump was talking about "alternative facts," but are completely oblivious to how their own behavior mirrors the totalitarianism he warns against.

Comments

splitthis:

Jayjami: You are correct sir

Load Metric

I’ll be damned. What a timely quote with the Russian/Chinese EurAsian alliance and our purposeful interference with Taiwan.

If you ever go down the George Orwell quote rabbit hole it is chilling how much his insight is relevant to present day.

And of course I found it very amusing how the neoliberal left rightly quoted Orwell when Trump was talking about "alternative facts," but are completely oblivious to how their own behavior mirrors the totalitarianism he warns against.
    Both sides of our corrupt two party system deserve your distrust and distain.

As an aside, the rise of ranked voting is a feeble cry for help.

Gold
    Load Metric

Both sides of our corrupt two party system deserve your distrust and distain.

As an aside, the rise of ranked voting is a feeble cry for help.
    I didn't make this up myself, but I read somewhere that only thing that Orwell got wrong was in assuming totalitarianism would always be top down. What he didn't realize is that for the most part in human society it is really bottom up, with the people largely demanding it and celebrating it as long as they perceive they wont be the target of persecution.

I think it is just a fact of general human nature that for every Neo or Morphius, there is a lot more Cypher's.

Comments

country978: bringin it today

Load Metric
    Hmmm covid came from China(said with Trump twang), yet all the variants come from Africa. Hmmmmm.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Hmmm covid came from China(said with Trump twang), yet all the variants come from Africa. Hmmmmm.
    LET'S VACCINATE AFRICA!!

oh wait there's no money in that

Load Metric
    It’s more sinister than that.

Ronald Reagan

Gold
    Load Metric
    The WHO recently recommended that Western nations forgo vaccinating children and donate the vaccines to African countries for at risk populations. Needless to say this didn't fit the narrative and the MSM buried that one real fast.

But every time The WHO recommends something that clearly came straight from the CCP propaganda ministry our MSM is sure to report it and endorse it, and peddle it as "following the science"

Comments

dwai: facts

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Hopefully the pill has success. I don’t worry about any of these variants being vaccinated. Going to watch Ohio State game in twenty minutes in crowded atmosphere. If one breaks through, there isn’t a lot to be done about it having just got the booster. Will make smart choice if.

I don’t ever worry about dying. I worry about the process of dying or living with the after effects. I guess I’m hyper-vigilant as I’ve experienced trouble breathing. When I was sick, my illness caused bronchiospasms.

That sensation is unlike anything else. You can relax your way out of even the worst pain. You can medicate it, but there also mental techniques.

There is no relaxing out of not being able to breathe. Your body is hardwired to go nuts. It was the most unsettling part of a years long ordeal. You can deal with almost anything, but have someone stick your head underwater and try to relax.

Months of that is a nightmare where I feel bad for even the anti-vaxxers who go from it’s all a hoax to fuck this is serious overnight. As I know that sensation, and next to ALS which scares the shit out of me, I’d rather die in a fire. Agonizing for a brief moment, but much shorter. If I got to the we are going to put you on a ventilator stage, I’m signing myself out and eating a bullet first if I have the energy to make it to my car.
    this is an amazing post. BCR and Sonatine 1a / 1b best posters on the site. Of course, sanlmar also deserves recognition at all times.

Comments

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024: Funny post ! I agree with 1 of 3. Sonatine pre or post boycott ? HUGE difference.

Thread Information