Page 325 of 946 FirstFirst ... 225275315321322323324325326327328329335375425825 ... LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,500 of 18917

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    There needs to be a careful reopening.

Reopen what makes sense, and see what happens after 3 weeks. Unfortunately both sides of this debate have idiotic views.

Deaths aren't really going down much, though. Still over 1800 today.

I will say that 16 of the 52 states/major territories (the states plus PR and DC) have been contributing to most of the problem. The other 36 have had less than 0.01% of the population die so far. By contrast, 0.123% of the New York population has perished.

The worst 10 death rates by percentage of population:

1) New York
    2) New Jersey
    3) Connecticut
    4) Massachusetts
    5) Louisiana
    6) Michigan
    7) DC
    8) Rhode Island
    9) Pennsylvania
    10) Maryland

I'm sure you see a pattern there. All are in the east, and most are in the northeast.

With that said, the death rate doesn't tell the whole story. The virus does permanent lung damage, other physical damage, and psychological damage. This includes many who never visited a hospital and never even got tested. So talking about the "percentage dead" from it, and comparing it to the flu, isn't accurate. The flu rarely causes permanent damage to healthy, non-elderly individuals who catch it.

Comments

sah_24: When you literally are counting every death as a covid death they will never go down lol ...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also the top 10 worst hit states have 47,851 of the 65,776 deaths, by the way.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Also the top 10 worst hit states have 47,851 of the 65,776 deaths, by the way.
    West coast has the sissy COVID. Those mothballed transcontinental flights are comin’ back baby.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

Speaking only about Florida by the numbers you have ~ 2x the chance of dying of Da Rona then a fatal car crash. Now when you put it like that it still sounds like it’s a high chance until you really stop and think about it. When is the last time you got up in the morning and stopped at the front door and thought “maybe I shouldn’t leave, maybe today is the day I get in a fatal car crash”

the statistics are close to trash.

notwithstanding, one statistic that is non existent are those that measure the difficult experiences during illness and the resulting injuries or damage

Whiplash or a lost limb are a far more common outcome of your drive time car crash

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Darn. If they put shields between all the machines, then Druff how are are you going to chat with black girls sitting next to you who seem interested and not realize they're hookers?

Comments

OSA: so mean

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    splitthis: It’s early, someone will fall

Def possible with 90% of this forum having a BMI in the 30s ...

Load Metric

Reopen what makes sense, and see what happens after 3 weeks. Unfortunately both sides of this debate have idiotic views.

I will say that 16 of the 52 states/major territories (the states plus PR and DC) have been contributing to most of the problem. The other 36 have had less than 0.01% of the population die so far. By contrast, 0.123% of the New York population has perished.

1) New York
    2) New Jersey
    3) Connecticut
    4) Massachusetts
    5) Louisiana
    6) Michigan
    7) DC
    8) Rhode Island
    9) Pennsylvania
    10) Maryland

I'm sure you see a pattern there. All are in the east, and most are in the northeast.

With that said, the death rate doesn't tell the whole story. The virus does permanent lung damage, other physical damage, and psychological damage. This includes many who never visited a hospital and never even got tested. So talking about the "percentage dead" from it, and comparing it to the flu, isn't accurate. The flu rarely causes permanent damage to healthy, non-elderly individuals who catch it.
    A better metric is who is dying. A report came out that says 16,000 who have died are in nursing homes. That leaves 49,000. I am pretty confident that 40,000 of those have underlying conditions or obese. So you shut down the US economy for ~ 10,000 healthy people who died? Let people make their own decisions. You can stay inside for the next two years, or go out and live your life, or something in between. Your choice.

Penalizing 320M people is just nuts. You know what is going to kill a lot more healthy people than Covid in all this: Poverty and new found drug habits and that is what is being created in all this.

Load Metric
    China lied about origin of coronavirus, leaked intelligence report says

https://nypost.com/2020/05/02/intell...f-coronavirus/

A damning dossier leaked from the “Five Eyes” intelligence alliance claims that China lied to the world about human-to-human transmission of the virus, disappeared whistleblowers and refused to hand over virus samples so the West could make a vaccine.

The bombshell 15-page research document also indicated that the virus was leaked from the Wuhan Institute of Virology, a claim initially dismissed as a conspiracy theory because Chinese officials insisted the virus came from the local wet markets, according to the Australian Daily Telegraph.

The report from the intelligence-sharing alliance of the five leading English-speaking countries, the US, UK, Australia, New Zealand and Canada called China’s shady handling of the virus “an assault on international transparency.”

The paper described how China downplayed the outbreak around the world while wildly scrambling to bury all traces of the disease at home, including bleaching wet market stalls, censoring the growing evidence of asymptomatic carriers of the virus and stonewalling sample requests from other countries.

Beijing started censoring search engines as early as December to stop Internet surfing related to the virus, according to the report. The World Health Organization went along with China’s claims and also denied human-to-human transmission of the virus despite concern from neighboring countries.

Intelligence gathering showed that China had “evidence of human-human transmission from early December,” but continued to deny it could spread this way until January 20, according to the dossier.

The document pointed out China imposed travel bans on people traveling throughout the nation, but continued to tell the rest of the world travel bans were unnecessary.

Load Metric
    In response to some states already easing their lockdowns, my company has jacked up the safety measures they want us to follow out here on the road.

Name:  6623D2C3-8C7E-4E86-AA8B-98010CBA852B.jpeg
Views: 685
Size:  87.0 KB
    Name:  9DECAC6F-A291-4427-9B2D-1BAA681B31D2.jpeg
Views: 741
Size:  75.1 KB
    Name:  31E302A2-4A0B-4E80-AF7E-4B15F155428E.jpeg
Views: 734
Size:  69.2 KB

Fuck you, Trump, for promoting this stupid move by the states!

Comments

dwai: we can't stay inside forever faggot stop blaming trump for everything
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    In response to some states already easing their lockdowns, my company has jacked up the safety measures they want us to follow out here on the road.

Name:  6623D2C3-8C7E-4E86-AA8B-98010CBA852B.jpeg
Views: 685
Size:  87.0 KB
    Name:  9DECAC6F-A291-4427-9B2D-1BAA681B31D2.jpeg
Views: 741
Size:  75.1 KB
    Name:  31E302A2-4A0B-4E80-AF7E-4B15F155428E.jpeg
Views: 734
Size:  69.2 KB

Fuck you, Trump, for promoting this stupid move by the states!
    Good God, get a N95 and zip it. You have no clue how devastating this is financially for many since it has not interrupted your income. It is beyond time to open the floodgates. How bout quit your job and go into hiding? The ones that have had that FORCED on them are done with that shit.

Comments

dwai: he's such a woman

sonatine: please dont quote his garbage, half of us have him on ignore and this only feeds into his need for attention
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Absolutely we should shut the 18-55 world workforce based on this data. Makes total sense. Death rates of Coronavirus:

Load Metric
    https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...498869761.html

pretty sober analysis of fatality estimates.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

1) New York
    2) New Jersey
    3) Connecticut
    4) Massachusetts
    5) Louisiana
    6) Michigan
    7) DC
    8) Rhode Island
    9) Pennsylvania
    10) Maryland

Penalizing 320M people is just nuts. You know what is going to kill a lot more healthy people than Covid in all this: Poverty and new found drug habits and that is what is being created in all this.
    I'm sorry to report that my friend of 25 years passed away from a marijuana overdose due to his Covid-induced boredom. These are the hidden Covid deaths NOBODY is talking about

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Good read. Made fun of that laughable 72k deaths by August 4th model projecting a total we will surpass in less than a week. Only someone borderline retarded would argue for that model

It will be interesting to see the states with relatively low numbers open back up. States that are actually reporting their deaths, not a Florida just ignoring them.

Hopefully the worst is past, but I didn’t agree with their assertion that we probably passed our peak death day a few days ago. That seems to contradict the point they highlight that we are reopening at a much higher baseline than the initial spread. I think we will have horrible days in the fall/winter, maybe even later this month. but I hope not.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Good read. Made fun of that laughable 72k deaths by August 4th model projecting a total we will surpass in less than a week. Only someone borderline retarded would argue for that model

It will be interesting to see the states with relatively low numbers open back up. States that are actually reporting their deaths, not a Florida just ignoring them.

Hopefully the worst is past, but I didn’t agree with their assertion that we probably passed our peak death day a few days ago. That seems to contradict the point they highlight that we are reopening at a much higher baseline than the initial spread. I think we will have horrible days in the fall/winter, maybe even later this month. but I hope not.

when i read 'death peak' in any sort of data driven discussion, i just adopt the posture that we are discussing some miracle situation where people just toe the line and follow protocols. eg best case.

no one can possibly tell me there has been a death peak when shit like this is popping off:

95% of the inertia behind these protests is the anti-vax movement, which is especially poignant when you consider that they arent protesting to be allowed to work, they are protesting to demand poor people risk their lives to give them haircuts and serve them onion rings.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

when i read 'death peak' in any sort of data driven discussion, i just adopt the posture that we are discussing some miracle situation where people just toe the line and follow protocols. eg best case.

no one can possibly tell me there has been a death peak when shit like this is popping off:

95% of the inertia behind these protests is the anti-vax movement,
    which is especially poignant when you consider that they arent protesting to be allowed to work, they are protesting to demand poor people risk their lives to give them haircuts and serve them onion rings.

Uhh... I disagree. No one that I talk to in NY that disagrees with the shutdown is an anti vaxer, they just want to go back to their lives.

They expected alot worse events to have unfolded and when it hasnt, thank god for that though, they are like ok time to get back to work and life.

You are making this a bourg/proletariat argument when in fact its far from it

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

They expected alot worse events to have unfolded and when it hasnt, thank god for that though, they are like ok time to get back to work and life.
    Of course, the only reason things aren't worse is because of everyone staying away from each other and not working & living life like normal. The cure is working well enough that now tons of idiots think the cure is the disease.

Comments

LegalizeMeth: baffling how dumb some people are

Load Metric

95% of the inertia behind these protests is the anti-vax movement,
    which is especially poignant when you consider that they arent protesting to be allowed to work, they are protesting to demand poor people risk their lives to give them haircuts and serve them onion rings.

Uhh... I disagree. No one that I talk to in NY that disagrees with the shutdown is an anti vaxer, they just want to go back to their lives.

nyc's "end the shutdown" movement is approximately .3% of the national opinion on the subject, and im guessing 95% of the people you speak to who are pro open it up are msg'ing you on tinder or drug dealers.

Diamond
    Load Metric

nyc's "end the shutdown" movement is approximately .3% of the national opinion on the subject, and im guessing 95% of the people you speak to who are pro open it up are msg'ing you on tinder or drug dealers.

sick read but no. And if they were people on tinder, they are just regular people. Drug dealers are actually doing very well tbh. People have more disposable income now and all the time in the world to get high and drunk, so youre wrong on both accounts. My business has actually grown during this time.

I dont know, I think the people in the state that was the hardest hit should be able to have a say in the matter

Thread Information