Page 591 of 946 FirstFirst ... 91491541581587588589590591592593594595601641691 ... LastLast
Results 11,801 to 11,820 of 18903

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    My mom gets her second shot tomorrow. My dad gets his second in 8 days. Going to be an interesting few months until they get to us middle aged people. As much as I’d like to go play poker or an inside bar, it’s been easy to resist when balanced against killing your parents. I’m guessing the next few months will be the most restless. I’ll, be torn between the 99% knowledge I won’t die and what an idiot I’ll feel like if I’m sick for weeks and winded during exertion for six months after when I could have just waited a few more months.
    Curious why you never had kids. You seem to be a good son, and likely a good parent. Odd you want to go it alone in life but hey parenting is tough and expensive, very expensive. But you have a legacy, not for everyone though, I get it. Definitely don't want to see Garrett have any kids, that just fills up the jails long term.
    I was an only child, so strange as it sounds, I didn’t grow up thinking about having kids. I got a girl pregnant when I was 19, and it scared me that my life was over because it wasn’t like I wanted to marry her. She was a decent girl, but my head wasn’t there.

I found out and didn’t know what to do? The idea of abortion didn’t sit well with her or I.

Thankfully it was only like 48 hours and we went to a movie to get our minds off the situation and she miscarried at the theater. She went to bathroom and came out and said I’m bleeding seriously and straight to ER. I felt like I hit the lotto. Didn’t have to make some horrible decision or drop out of school and work in some factory.

It wasn’t like we had planned on having a child. We knew she was like six weeks pregnant and then she miscarried within 48 hours of us knowing. I still recall sitting in the ER while she had a lower DNC, and being supportive while also being happy as fuck. She was too on some level. It was 48 hours and we hadn’t even absorbed thoughts of it being a child.

So I was very careful for that not to happen again. I basically spent the next ten years working and partying, but was super cautious to not repeat that mistake.

Then I met girl and I got married at 29 and I’m sure would have had kids eventually, but I got sick within first six months. I didn’t get well again until I was 36/37, and we got divorced that year. So I was a super social person who golfed five days a week and could never sit home even when married, then had been cooped up playing online poker for seven years waiting for my wife to come home from work and bored out of my mind(this year takes me back to then) and then all of a sudden well and single.

It was like I was 25 again after being cooped up. I didn’t date girls you want to have a kid with for like 5 years. So then I’m 41.

That’s when I wish I still would have done it. I went back to dating normal educated girls who were early-late 30s. I just felt old to start and not compelled, but it would have been fine. I’m an overthinker at times. I overthought it. I still worried about what if I got sick again, but I have been healthy as fuck since and still can throw football forty yards and play every sport while guys a decade younger often go to shit. I don’t think I would have been a good father as a young person, as I would have felt like I was missing shit and trapped. but I screwed up at that later point.

I never thought I’d be any good at it being an only child, but then I started dating girls with kids and I was a homerun with kids. Strange. They’d say I was worried with you not having kids and you’re better at it than any guy I’ve ever met. I was settled and healthy and loved playing catch and sports shit. Problem was it didn’t work with the mother and you have zero rights. I’ve dated girls with girls, I’d be much worse at that. That’s a weird spot if you’re not dad.

Just wasn’t meant to be. Only real serious regret of my life.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Some similar experiences. Thanks for sharing.

FRANKRIZZO: thks for sharing

Sanlmar: Life is a trip report & life is random

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    My mom gets her second shot tomorrow. My dad gets his second in 8 days. Going to be an interesting few months until they get to us middle aged people. As much as I’d like to go play poker or an inside bar, it’s been easy to resist when balanced against killing your parents. I’m guessing the next few months will be the most restless. I’ll be torn between the 99% knowledge I won’t die and what an idiot I’ll feel like if I’m sick for weeks and winded during exertion for six months after when I could have just waited a few more months.
    Buckle up when it comes time for dose #2.

As noted, I luck boxed my way into getting vaccinated when they had a surplus of shots that would have been thrown away at the end of the day. This got me in line for the second dose which I got Friday.

They warned about side effects with the second dose, but it was delivered in the same manner about potential side effects from a flu shot, which I've never noticed.

I felt much sicker than when I actually had COVID for about 12 hours and into sleeping. Chills, nausea, no appetite, etc. Did not have a fever but felt like I did.

Went to bed still feeling like shit, woke up feeling completely fine minus my arm being more sore than usual after a shot.

All this for a fake virus, smh. Enjoy waiting in line faggots!

I’ve heard that about the second shot. A friend of mine works in the hospital and administers it to the other staff.

According to her, she said it’s worse the younger you are. She said many older people have almost no reaction after second shot, while younger co workers have a day like you because you have strong immune systems being so young, so your body reacts stronger. She said those of us late forties to early 50s kind of fall in the middle and have varying reactions from mild to more similar to yours.

That was really early on, so I assume she’s accurate, but haven’t talked to enough older people through both shots to know. I’ll know shortly if my parents are fine right after and aren’t sick. Druff would have some second dose feedback from his parents.

Load Metric

Curious why you never had kids. You seem to be a good son, and likely a good parent. Odd you want to go it alone in life but hey parenting is tough and expensive, very expensive. But you have a legacy, not for everyone though, I get it. Definitely don't want to see Garrett have any kids, that just fills up the jails long term.
    I was an only child, so strange as it sounds, I didn’t grow up thinking about having kids. I got a girl pregnant when I was 19, and it scared me that my life was over because it wasn’t like I wanted to marry her. She was a decent girl, but my head wasn’t there.

I found out and didn’t know what to do? The idea of abortion didn’t sit well with her or I.

Thankfully it was only like 48 hours and we went to a movie to get our minds off the situation and she miscarried at the theater. She went to bathroom and came out and said I’m bleeding seriously and straight to ER. I felt like I hit the lotto. Didn’t have to make some horrible decision or drop out of school and work in some factory.

It wasn’t like we had planned on having a child. We knew she was like six weeks pregnant and then she miscarried within 48 hours of us knowing. I still recall sitting in the ER while she had a lower DNC, and being supportive while also being happy as fuck. She was too on some level. It was 48 hours and we hadn’t even absorbed thoughts of it being a child.

So I was very careful for that not to happen again. I basically spent the next ten years working and partying, but was super cautious to not repeat that mistake.

Then I met girl and I got married at 29 and I’m sure would have had kids eventually, but I got sick within first six months. I didn’t get well again until I was 36/37, and we got divorced that year. So I was a super social person who golfed five days a week and could never sit home even when married, then had been cooped up playing online poker for seven years waiting for my wife to come home from work and bored out of my mind(this year takes me back to then) and then all of a sudden well and single.

It was like I was 25 again after being cooped up. I didn’t date girls you want to have a kid with for like 5 years. So then I’m 41.

That’s when I wish I still would have done it. I went back to dating normal educated girls who were early-late 30s. I just felt old to start and not compelled, but it would have been fine. I’m an overthinker at times. I overthought it. I still worried about what if I got sick again, but I have been healthy as fuck since and still can throw football forty yards and play every sport while guys a decade younger often go to shit. I don’t think I would have been a good father as a young person, as I would have felt like I was missing shit and trapped. but I screwed up at that later point.

I never thought I’d be any good at it being an only child, but then I started dating girls with kids and I was a homerun with kids. Strange. They’d say I was worried with you not having kids and you’re better at it than any guy I’ve ever met. I was settled and healthy and loved playing catch and sports shit. Problem was it didn’t work with the mother and you have zero rights. I’ve dated girls with girls, I’d be much worse at that. That’s a weird spot if you’re not dad.

Just wasn’t meant to be. Only real serious regret of my life.
    "went back to dating normal educated girls who were early-late 30s."

When I just read you say that, honestly that is sorta exactly where I'm at in life now. But LOL women..

That is a whole nother' story for another time. Yeah lol, that's one area I admit. I don't have a fucking clue at in life, yet. Everytime I think I got it, I get smacked back down, and the lil heart broken again lol. Women are really, clearly, the most difficult thing to understand, imo lol.....

But Im digressing too much now, you get my point
    Last edited by garrett; 02-23-2021 at 08:30 AM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Just curious, are there any Dems on the site that actually support this $1.9 trillion bill? They keep saying 75% of Americans support it but I haven’t talked to anyone that supports it, including Dems. So much damn money, very little related to Covid.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The sickness after the second shot is worse than most people realize. The media is afraid to talk about it, because they don't want to scare people into avoiding getting vaccinated (also because the sickness is just a temporary body reaction, and isn't dangerous).

Like many things, I believe there's probably a hereditary element to how bad of a reaction you get to this. Others in my family who got the vaccine had a bad reaction to the second shot (and some pretty bad arm pain after the first), so suffice to say I'm expecting the same when I eventually get it.

At least with an end in sight (1-2 days), and with the knowledge I won't actually progress to get worse, it won't be that bad. The unknown is the worst part of being sick -- where you don't know how long it will last, and in some cases, how bad it will get. Here you know both.

Comments

splitthis: Avatar

Load Metric
    Druff,

Looks like the new variant storming CA is lethal and resistant to the vaccine. You planning on isolating for the rest of 2021?

https://news.yahoo.com/californias-c...130055544.html

Comments

splitthis: Fuck this shit already bullshit control

Load Metric
    Druff,

Looks like the new variant storming CA is lethal and resistant to the vaccine. You planning on isolating for the rest of 2021?

Comments

garrett: lol sometimes the Seagull is pretty funny actually =)...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Druff,

If you read further, it's not "resistant" to the vaccine, but the vaccine just doesn't do quite as well against it. It's also not clear if it's more lethal, or if it's just that more people in the ICU meant that they didn't have the resources to fight it as well.

Not good news though. I wish they would do a better job explaining how the current vaccines do against it, though. That still isn't totally clear in the article -- only that they have reduced effectiveness.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:

FOLLOW THE SCIENCE YALL

Gold
    Load Metric
    My wife had a slight fever (101) and felt really tired the day after her second shot. But she went to work anyways (medical field). She felt completely normal the day after that. Her work pretty much has a dont ask dont tell policy when it comes to being sick (that they have had the entire pandemic), because they need the manpower so much.

I mean if you get tested and are Covid 19+ then you have to follow the quarantine procedures. But if you are feeling sick or run-down and don't ever get tested and are well enough to go to work and not coughing all over the place than you are encouraged just to go to work and not say anything to anyone.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    My wife had a slight fever (101) and felt really tired the day after her second shot. But she went to work anyways (medical field). She felt completely normal the day after that. Her work pretty much has a dont ask dont tell policy when it comes to being sick (that they have had the entire pandemic), because they need the manpower so much.

I mean if you get tested and are Covid 19+ then you have to follow the quarantine procedures. But if you are feeling sick or run-down and don't ever get tested and are well enough to go to work and not coughing all over the place than you are encouraged just to go to work and not say anything to anyone.
    This sounds strange. Where do you live if you don't mind me asking?

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:

FOLLOW THE SCIENCE YALL
    Dumb cartoon. Plenty of doctors and experts speaking out, and at great professional risk.

Scientific method > Science ™

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The sickness after the second shot is worse than most people realize. The media is afraid to talk about it, because they don't want to scare people into avoiding getting vaccinated (also because the sickness is just a temporary body reaction, and isn't dangerous).

Like many things, I believe there's probably a hereditary element to how bad of a reaction you get to this. Others in my family who got the vaccine had a bad reaction to the second shot (and some pretty bad arm pain after the first), so suffice to say I'm expecting the same when I eventually get it.

At least with an end in sight (1-2 days), and with the knowledge I won't actually progress to get worse, it won't be that bad. The unknown is the worst part of being sick -- where you don't know how long it will last, and in some cases, how bad it will get. Here you know both.
    That’s bullshit the younger you are the more severe 2nd shot reaction. My stupid friend got the second dose and now she has a softball sized lymph node under her armpit. I told her ask for another one idiot.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by v12cl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post

Dumb cartoon. Plenty of doctors and experts speaking out, and at great professional risk.

Scientific method > Science ™
    Name:  Science.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  29.4 KB

Load Metric
    My mom and her husband both got second shot. No issues. No flu feel. Mildly sore arm.

My mom got really fit this year. She weighs 110lbs. She’s only 5 foot, so that isn’t unhealthy slim, but don’t think she has been that weight since I was probably around 8 years old. Never fat, but always 135 or so. Being cooped up she got into the whole peloton thing being bored and not being able to travel. Was impressed the shape she got into being 73 and was probably around 150ish when pandemic started. Told her the virus added 10 years to her life. Considering my grandmother on that side is now 96, my mother is probably 50/50 to outlive me.

Her husband is fat. He was fine also. He’d have been a goner candidate if he got this thing.

Like everything about the virus, no real rhyme or reason on illness severity or even vaccination side effects beyond you’re far more likely to die if you’re quite old or really unhealthy, which is always true.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    My wife was pretty messed up for about 12 hours after the second shot. She was freezing cold yet sweating through the sheets, headache, slight fever etc etc. Then magically she was completely fine, symptoms vanished like a fart in the wind.

Speaking of disappearing, remember Trump's prediction that the virus would magically go away in April? That prediction might come true, he just meant April 2021. Amirite?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    My wife was pretty messed up for about 12 hours after the second shot. She was freezing cold yet sweating through the sheets, headache, slight fever etc etc. Then magically she was completely fine, symptoms vanished like a fart in the wind.

Speaking of disappearing, remember Trump's prediction that the virus would magically go away in April? That prediction might come true, he just meant April 2021. Amirite?
    You gleefully celebrate Trump losing, yet you do realize you elected the most liberal President in history. Biden is captive to the left and even if he wasn't his mental state means Kamala is running shit anyways. Rinos like you got sucked into "I don't like Trump's tone" bullshit. Well you got want you wanted, if you complain about Kamala's Harris policies the next 4 years, you are a hypocrite. You got what you voted for: Loose Immigration, Free Shit for Everyone, Iran loving bullshit, Green New Deal, etc.. "But I don't like Trumps tone". LOL what a sucker.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Don't derail threads, pay your child support instead. Ok?

dwai:

splitthis:

Platinum
    Load Metric

You gleefully celebrate Trump losing, yet you do realize you elected the most liberal President in history. Biden is captive to the left and even if he wasn't his mental state means Kamala is running shit anyways. Rinos like you got sucked into "I don't like Trump's tone" bullshit. Well you got want you wanted, if you complain about Kamala's Harris policies the next 4 years, you are a hypocrite. You got what you voted for: Loose Immigration, Free Shit for Everyone, Iran loving bullshit, Green New Deal, etc.. "But I don't like Trumps tone". LOL what a sucker.
    What the hell are you blabbing about? I didn't vote for either. Biden got elected because he received 81 million votes, the majority from people that hated Trump. I'm actually glad it worked out the way it did because Biden is gonna fuck up huge and in 2024 the Republicans will own all 3 branches. If Trump had won, we would have ended up with someone far more dangerous and liberal in 2024. Try looking at the big picture smooth brain.

Way to pull the RINO card btw. Like Republicans calling a retard out for being retarded makes them less of a Republican. Trump is the real RINO, go look at old video when he identified as a Democrat. He ran as a Republican out of convenience. I thought you had kids, how can you look at them with a straight face and tell them you back such a clown? In case you didn't know, it's possible for a president to push a conservative agenda without being a complete piece of shit.

Maybe Michel Rapaport can clear it up for you as to why Trump lost.

Derail complete.
    Last edited by nightmarefish; 02-25-2021 at 03:19 PM.

Load Metric

What the hell are you blabbing about? I didn't vote for either. Biden got elected because he received 81 million votes, the majority from people that hated Trump. I'm actually glad it worked out the way it did because Biden is gonna fuck up huge and in 2024 the Republicans will own all 3 branches. If Trump had won, we would have ended up with someone far more dangerous and liberal in 2024. Try looking at the big picture smooth brain.

Way to pull the RINO card btw. Like Republicans calling a retard out for being retarded makes them less of a Republican. Trump is the real RINO, go look at old video when he identified as a Democrat. He ran as a Republican out of convenience. I thought you had kids, how can you look at them with a straight face and tell them you back such a clown? In case you didn't know, it's possible for a president to push a conservative agenda without being a complete piece of shit.

Maybe Michel Rapaport can clear it up for you as to why Trump lost.

Derail complete.
    I don't give a shit if Trump was a Democrat in 1999. In 2016 he nominated conservative judges especially on the SC, passed a huge Tax Cut, Tough on illegal border crossings, tough on Iran, decimated ISIS and most importantly signed no liberal Pelosi legislation. Weak Republicans like you, there are millions, gut sucked into the "I don't like his tone" and either flipped or stayed home. You own this one, and stop quoting 2024 bullshit. The only thing in politics that matters is the next day. Good luck with your border control and Covid-19 pouring over it, Harris will make sure of it and there is not shit you can do about it now. Sucker.

Thread Information