Page 695 of 946 FirstFirst ... 195595645685691692693694695696697698699705745795 ... LastLast
Results 13,881 to 13,900 of 18904

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    when you aren't testing every Tom dick and Harry for covid when they come to the hospital for different reasons with a faulty PCR test our numbers would drop like a stone too.

it's bogus testing keeping this "pandemic" alive, notice they only report cases anymore, cause nobody is dying from this shit enough to scare anybody anymore
    This will age well.

Re: India, they dropped their mobility to 1/3 of normal and wore masks. Best US ever did was drop their mobility to 2/3 of normal and somehow politicized wearing masks. The end result is that a huge interconnected slum did better than the greatest nation on earth.
    No. Did you not read my post. Over 1 billion Indians have antibodies to Covid. Wearing masks and dropping mobility didn't do jack shit. The delta variant swept through the whole country, most people got it, and some people died, and most people didn't. And the real interesting question is whether them all taking Ivermectin like it was candy was effective in reducing the morbidity/mortality.

Edit: Also FWIW not everyone who gets Covid even makes antibodies, and the antibodies wear out over time. If antibody levels indicate 70% of the population has had Covid, that is probably an undercount.
    Last edited by Kalam; 08-21-2021 at 05:24 PM.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post

This will age well.

Re: India, they dropped their mobility to 1/3 of normal and wore masks. Best US ever did was drop their mobility to 2/3 of normal and somehow politicized wearing masks. The end result is that a huge interconnected slum did better than the greatest nation on earth.
    No. Did you not read my post. Over 1 billion Indians have antibodies to Covid. Wearing masks and dropping mobility didn't do jack shit. The delta variant swept through the whole country, most people got it, and some people died, and most people didn't. And the real interesting question is whether them all taking Ivermectin like it was candy was effective in reducing the morbidity/mortality.

Edit: Also FWIW not everyone who gets Covid even makes antibodies, and the antibodies wear out over time. If antibody levels indicate 70% of the population has had Covid, that is probably an undercount.
    Am I correct to understand the point you're making is everyone is getting the virus at one point or another and that resistance is futile?

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post

Am I correct to understand the point you're making is everyone is getting the virus at one point or another and that resistance is futile?
    Well, if someone is ok going in hermit mode indefinitely, and hoping that works, then go for it. I would just say expect to be disappointed when you eventually do get it anyways (assuming you even realize when you get it). I'll just live my life and am not going to judge anyone else choosing to live theirs either.

As an interesting anecdote, Jason Whitlock (whose podcast I listen to) admitted that a close friend of his who had Covid was having some breathing issues and went to the hospital, and when he was discharged he called Jason to come pick him up and Jason said he was too scared and wouldn't do it, and wasn't proud of it. Now Jason is 54 and weights 300+ and very likely hasn't been vaccinated (I don't know if he has ever disclosed his vaccination status, it didn't come up in that story), so he personally had some good reasons to be wary.

But I am at the point where I know I wouldn't hesitate to take a Covid+ relative/friend home from the hospital. I just am not going to let Covid control my life that way.

Comments

splitthis: You cannot be a obese mess anymore and expect to live

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post

Well, if someone is ok going in hermit mode indefinitely, and hoping that works, then go for it. I would just say expect to be disappointed when you eventually do get it anyways (assuming you even realize when you get it). I'll just live my life and am not going to judge anyone else choosing to live theirs either.

As an interesting anecdote, Jason Whitlock (whose podcast I listen to) admitted that a close friend of his who had Covid was having some breathing issues and went to the hospital, and when he was discharged he called Jason to come pick him up and Jason said he was too scared and wouldn't do it, and wasn't proud of it. Now Jason is 54 and weights 300+ and very likely hasn't been vaccinated (I don't know if he has ever disclosed his vaccination status, it didn't come up in that story), so he personally had some good reasons to be wary.

But I am at the point where I know I wouldn't hesitate to take a Covid+ relative/friend home from the hospital. I just am not going to let Covid control my life that way.
    That's the spirit! The quicker everyone comes around to your thinking the faster the insanity can stop.

Load Metric

Comments

Walter Sobchak: If he isn’t, you’ll be the first to know
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    I love how this angry mob that is the GOP base now has zero loyalty to anybody or anything. They will even turn on Trump if he gets in the way of the lies they want to believe.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Makes them easily manipulated

Load Metric
    Anyone got any horse dewormer?

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Lol

Load Metric
    Rev. Jesse Jackson and his wife are hospitalized with covid.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/coro...id-19/2595593/

Civil rights leader and Chicago resident Rev. Jesse Jackson Sr. along with his wife, Jacqueline, have been hospitalized after contracting COVID-19, according to the prominent political activist's organization, the Rainbow PUSH Coalition.

In a statement, the organization said the reverend, who is 79 years old, and Jacqueline Jackson, 77, were admitted to Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago. Their conditions haven't been released.

Anyone who has been around either person in the last five to six days is advised to quarantine in line with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommendations, according to Rainbow PUSH.

A protégé of the Rev. Martin Luther King, Jackson was key in guiding the modern civil rights movement on numerous issues, including voting rights. Jackson has remained active, most recently advocating for COVID-19 vaccines for Black people, who lag behind white people in the United States’ vaccination drive.

Jackson got his first dose of the vaccine in January during a publicized event at a South Side hospital. He urged others to vaccinate as soon as possible.

In January, the civil rights leader was admitted to Northwestern for "abdominal discomfort" and underwent gallbladder surgery. Jackson spent three weeks at a rehabilitation center for a “short period of exercise and therapy,” because of his Parkinson’s disease, according to Rainbow PUSH.

Jackson has been seeking outpatient care for more than five years for Parkinson’s, a chronic neurological disorder that causes movement difficulties.

Load Metric

This will age well.

Huh. Remember 10 days ago? When you were asking about India? And this was my reply...

"Doubt there's whole lot about Ivermectin.

India did this thing where they wore masks and reduced mobility by 2/3 of typical. The end result was 200k dead and about 60% of population has antibodies.

India at their peak tried everything and now they have some backend numbers. They currently don't advise using Ivermectin, HCQ and handful of other miracle cures with asymptomatic or mild cases. Make of it what you will."

The 2/3 number for antibodies is based on survey about adult population. The 70% figure is an estimate that includes vaccinated. Neither figure gets them over 1 billion.

They have more people without antibodies than you have people. They can still squeeze 600k bodies out of that if they follow the US model.

200k for them is your 50k. So yea they did something. Sadly on their second run they decided to let their "states" decide on lockdowns.

But yea feel free to argue about something you asked about less than 2 weeks ago.

edit: Fairly sure that the 4th time Jack Daniels gets Covid is the one that gives him immunity
    Last edited by gimmick; 08-22-2021 at 01:04 AM.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I always knew there were lots of stupid people on the planet, I guess the internet has just made me more aware of specific instances of dumbshittery.

https://twitter.com/JoshMandelOhio/status/1428784031638949899

Comments

shoeshine box: if yr sick stay home

Silver
    Load Metric
    But according to a new paper by researchers from Carnegie Mellon University and the University of Pittsburgh, this does not paint the full picture. The researchers analysed more than 5 million survey responses by a range of different demographic details, and classed those people who would “probably” or “definitely” not choose to get vaccinated as “vaccine hesitant.”

But more surprising is the breakdown in vaccine hesitancy by level of education. It finds that the association between hesitancy and education level follows a U-shaped curve with the highest hesitancy among those least and most educated. People with a master’s degree had the least hesitancy, and the highest hesitancy was among those holding a Ph.D.

https://unherd.com/thepost/the-most-...p-of-all-phds/

LOL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Have a buddy who got a breakthrough case of the Ro Ro. His symptoms were just fever and chills like when he got his shots. Lasted a week and he has been a little tired after that.

What is driving him crazy is a metallic taste in his mouth. Mouth wash, brushing teeth, gum … nothing makes a difference. He can taste food but the metallic taste resurfaces. Like having a quarter in his mouth he says. He tells me this is actually not an uncommon thing now per his doctor.

He says it distracts him all day. He is always conscious of it and it’s sort of maddening.

Be interesting how long this lasts.

I’m still running pure so far. I am frankly amazed given everywhere I’ve been and what I do. Just went to the barber and he trimmed my beard so we still have action.
    Most likely because the metallic “taste” he thinks he is experiencing in his mouth is actually due to a trick his olfactory nerves (in his nose, where the Rona virus particles are present) are playing on his taste perception.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Don’t think Pfizer getting approval is gonna make a huge difference in vaccine hesitancy. Vaccine brand has been hurt beyond repair because of lies and coverups.

Comments

dwai:

Walter Sobchak: Please tell me you don’t have a nursing license
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Don’t think Pfizer getting approval is gonna make a huge difference in vaccine hesitancy. Vaccine brand has been hurt beyond repair because of lies and coverups.
    Thank you for not getting vaccinated.

Comments

splitthis: Keep relying on pharma and govment

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Silver
    Load Metric
    Fun fact, the former head of the FDA, Scott Gottlieb, currently sits on the board of Phizer. So really, FDA approval doesn't mean shit to me. They are all incestuous and in bed together.

Load Metric
    Fact:

Some number over 90% of people in ICU’s are unvaccinated.

Objective:

The vaccine brand has been hurt beyond repair

For someone who preaches taking action and self control and responsibility the ends aren’t lining up with your means.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Voice of reason

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Fact:

Objective:

For someone who preaches taking action and self control and responsibility the ends aren’t lining up with your means.
    no matter how many times your faggot ass repeats this lie it will not make it true, they are manipulating the data, using stats from way before the vaccine was widely distributed.

stop repeating propaganda faggot

Load Metric

Fact:

Objective:

no matter how many times your faggot ass repeats this lie it will not make it true, they are manipulating the data, using stats from way before the vaccine was widely distributed.

You are right about one thing. No matter how many times I say it it will not make it any more true. It’s true because it is, in fact, the truth.

No matter how many times you reply “stop posting propaganda” doesn’t make my point any less of an absolute fact.

I’m telling you with zero bias (in fact if I’m biased it’s to the this is all bullshit side) that the people currently in ICUs in Palm Beach county hospitals are overwhelmingly unvaccinated.

Maybe the 10,000 other counties I don’t have direct line of sight into are different but that would be an unbelievable outlier.

Load Metric

You are right about one thing. No matter how many times I say it it will not make it any more true. It’s true because it is, in fact, the truth.

No matter how many times you reply “stop posting propaganda” doesn’t make my point any less of an absolute fact.

I’m telling you with zero bias (in fact if I’m biased it’s to the this is all bullshit side) that the people currently in ICUs in Palm Beach county hospitals are overwhelmingly unvaccinated.

Maybe the 10,000 other counties I don’t have direct line of sight into are different but that would be an unbelievable outlier.
    look dweeb, people that are in the ICU are not all there for covid

your anecdotal stats are irrelevant.

wait for winter when you vaccinated faggots start dropping dead from the common cold

Comments

splitthis: Yep

Load Metric
    Will Dwai finally listen to Trump and take the vaccine?

Thread Information