Page 440 of 947 FirstFirst ... 340390430436437438439440441442443444450490540940 ... LastLast
Results 8,781 to 8,800 of 18926

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

You really think that contact tracing works? Out of the 100 you call, 90 won't give a shit. You are wasting your time. We are not South Korea.
    I mean like my buddies I went golfing with on Friday and Saturday, my old girlfriend and her entire family who was there on the 4th at her mothers house, her kids and kids teammates and coaches and other parents at the game whom I know and sat and spoke to.

I’m not talking about trying to hunt down some random I may have crossed paths with working the desk at the golf course or the starter and bartender who brought me a drink on some patio bar. Everyone I’d feel the need to contact would definitely want to know. I’d only be worried about maybe 5 of them as far as over 65 and in ill health.

The coach of the little league team has a wife going through stage 4 ovarian cancer- she was the first one I thought about as I always go out of my way to talk to her when I see her. She’s only 40ish, but knowing some dude with Covid sat and talked to her would unsettle the fuck out of her I’m sure. Just the idea made me cringe and think about the ethics of disclosing shit with so much going on. It would make me feel horrible and would be easier to not tell anyone, and made me wonder if you’re even doing someone a favor when you have no symptoms at all about getting them worried. But temp is technically a symptom even if you didn’t know you had one.

Won’t likely matter as I think it’s probably 1% I have it.

I’m fully aware we aren’t South Korea and think contact tracing on a large scale is idiotic. Telling people you sat and talked with and ate with and spent hours with is a different story. You don’t always have to be an ass. I like you, but it gets a bit much.
    A bit?

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    I had to take a COVID test today. Showed up for my doctors appointment yesterday that I have monthly, and they take temp, and mine was 99.6. They said I couldn’t be seen. They told me to monitor it. Woke up this morning, was 99.8-100.2 over like 6 tries. Feel 100% normal. Would never suspect I have a temp. I called back doctor and they sent me to a flu clinic that is doing testing. Place is 100% COVID or suspected Covid cases. Small office. Only allow two patients at a time and they have most chairs blocked off. I was only one there. Felt idiotic, but had no choice to return to normal doc. Did the nasal test with like a long probe that goes all the way back. Doc then came in and said I had an ear infection. Looked like swimmers ear. I had went swimming on 4th. Ear felt fine. Called me in Augmentin pills and Cipro ear drops.

Absolutely torn. Would love if I had it as I’m 100% fine at this point , but saw more people in last 5 days than at any point in last 6 months with the holiday. Golfed on Friday and Saturday. Pool party on 4th. Went to little league game Sunday. I legit will have to notify 100 people I actually know, so in that sense I hope it’s not, plus I guess it could get worse. Said it will be 2-5 days for results. Pulse ox was 98. Have smell and taste. Have no symptoms. Seems super unlikely I have it. Doc said just around 10% of tests he did last week came back positive, but I assume almost anyone had a better reason than me to be tested. I’ve known a handful of people convinced they had it all come back negative, I’m convinced I don’t and it sure doesn’t feel like it, so I probably will come back positive. If it takes 5 days and I still feel like this and no one else I came into contact with has gotten sick, I will probably be hoping I have it by then. Seems incredibly unlikely.
    You really think that contact tracing works? Out of the 100 you call, 90 won't give a shit. You are wasting your time. We are not South Korea.
    Completely correct.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric

I mean like my buddies I went golfing with on Friday and Saturday, my old girlfriend and her entire family who was there on the 4th at her mothers house, her kids and kids teammates and coaches and other parents at the game whom I know and sat and spoke to.

I’m not talking about trying to hunt down some random I may have crossed paths with working the desk at the golf course or the starter and bartender who brought me a drink on some patio bar. Everyone I’d feel the need to contact would definitely want to know. I’d only be worried about maybe 5 of them as far as over 65 and in ill health.

The coach of the little league team has a wife going through stage 4 ovarian cancer- she was the first one I thought about as I always go out of my way to talk to her when I see her. She’s only 40ish, but knowing some dude with Covid sat and talked to her would unsettle the fuck out of her I’m sure. Just the idea made me cringe and think about the ethics of disclosing shit with so much going on. It would make me feel horrible and would be easier to not tell anyone, and made me wonder if you’re even doing someone a favor when you have no symptoms at all about getting them worried. But temp is technically a symptom even if you didn’t know you had one.

Won’t likely matter as I think it’s probably 1% I have it.

I’m fully aware we aren’t South Korea and think contact tracing on a large scale is idiotic. Telling people you sat and talked with and ate with and spent hours with is a different story. You don’t always have to be an ass. I like you, but it gets a bit much.
    Anyone with stage 4 cancer intermingling with others is an idiot.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post

Completely correct.
    My point is out of those 100 people, there might be like 4 that will self quarantine for 14 days. And I am being generous. If everyone self quarantined for 14 days because they were around someone with Covid, then 50% of the country would be self isolating forever.

Another thing is why are grocery stores considered safe? You know good and well 20% of the people in there have Covid but for whatever reason that does not count, but getting a haircut is potentially deadly.

Granted you will always have a few losers here and there like Much Ficon who are milking this virus for all that its worth because they make more money collecting unemployment and can play video games, but for the most of us this hysteria is getting out of hand.

Comments

dwai: yes

big dick: DONT WORRY ABOUT IT

Muck Ficon: Have another drink

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post

Completely correct.
    My point is out of those 100 people, there might be like 4 that will self quarantine for 14 days. And I am being generous. If everyone self quarantined for 14 days because they were around someone with Covid, then 50% of the country would be self isolating forever.

Another thing is why are grocery stores considered safe? You know good and well 20% of the people in there have Covid but for whatever reason that does not count, but getting a haircut is potentially deadly.

Granted you will always have a few losers here and there like Much Ficon who are milking this virus for all that its worth because they make more money collecting unemployment and can play video games, but for the most of us this hysteria is getting out of hand.
    Your fagginess is getting out of hand.

Load Metric
    56 Florida hospital ICUs have hit capacity

(CNN)The worsening coronavirus pandemic hit a series of somber peaks across the United States on Tuesday, renewing fears that more hospitals could be overloaded with Covid-19 patients.

At least 56 intensive care units in Florida hospitals reached capacity on Tuesday, state officials said. Another 35 hospitals show ICU bed availability of 10% or less, according to the Agency for Health Care Administration in that state.
    Georgia surpassed 100,000 reported coronavirus cases, becoming the ninth state to pass the mark.

Comments

MumblesBadly: So glad Druff predicted a few weeks ago that critical hospital capacity in the US would be sufficient going forward from when he said that on the radio show.

Load Metric
    Brazil's Jair Bolsonaro tests positive for Covid-19 after months of dismissing the seriousness of the virus

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/07/07/a...ntl/index.html

Brazil's President tests positive for coronavirus.

How long before Donald Trump tests positive?

Trump is at least 50 pounds overweight and in poor health for a 74 year old.

Will Trump survive the coronavirus?

Load Metric
    What's happening in our country right now is an absolute disgrace.

This is fucking bullshit that we are in this position right now. Middle of fucking summer and 50k+ new cases a day and no signs of slowing down. This whole notion that younger people don't get fucked up from this disease is just not true. Young people are getting fucked up too.

I saw an interview with a Dallas ER Doctor and he said he had lost count of how many very sick people in theirs 20's ended up in his ER that week.

Comments

MumblesBadly: It Druff said earlier this year that the ‘Rona really wasn’t a material risk for younger folks, right?
    Last edited by big dick; 07-07-2020 at 10:21 PM.

Load Metric
    I give zero shits about coronavirus in California, I just find the headline catchy

Nearly 1,000 inmates will be removed from San Quentin prison after its infection rate has gotten so bad it's been dubbed 'the Chernobyl of COVID'
    https://www.businessinsider.com.au/i...f-covid-2020-7

The prisoners are now being exported hither and yon throughout that fine state. What a shit show.

California doesn’t win the prize for stupidest handling of Covid but they are still in contention.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Wife and I went for a walk this afternoon. Bumped into a neighbor who works for Regeneron Pharmaceuticqls.

He told the story of a visiting executive in early January coming to his building. She was coughing and hacking. People are like “what the fuck”. Fresh off the plane from China.

This neighbor got sick with what was then diagnosed as pneumonia. Chest X-rays for him and his wife. Said he was never so sick in his life. Came back after the episode as only part time. Completely wrecked.

He was talking about donating plasma and all that.

I ask him, “do you think you are now immune?” He insta-responds, “No”.

He said Regeneron is working on testing etc. Lotta smart people and lots being said in the office. Based on what he hears he is resigned.
    I later posted the guy went for chest X-rays and what not a month or so ago cause he was still feeling crummy. Lotta missed time at work, needless to say.

His wife texted my wife saying he got laid off today. 20+ years with them.

There has got to be more to the story. Regardless, shit def just started rolling downhill for him.

The moronic dialog that makes Covid a binary issue - death or recovery, measuring death rates only as a sign of success or seriousness is just profoundly dumb.

BCR was following the story so I thought I’d continue the Covid serial. I gotta stay out of it. There is always pride when a guy get laid off. Personally, I hope the next news I hear includes words like “attorney”.

Crazy times. Stupid people.

Load Metric
    Fauci can’t be long for the Trump White House.

I give him 3 weeks.

Load Metric

I give him 3 weeks.
    really going out on a limb here buddy

Comments

Sanlmar: 3 days?

Load Metric

I give him 3 weeks.
    I'm surprised he's lasted this long, telling the truth the way he has been.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

I give him 3 weeks.
    When he does a Zoom interview next week and that Mary Trump book is seen on his bookshelf.

Diamond
    Load Metric

I give him 3 weeks.

Name:  fauci-cuomo-panties-1068x712.jpg
Views: 759
Size:  88.8 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post

Name:  fauci-cuomo-panties-1068x712.jpg
Views: 759
Size:  88.8 KB
    Love it, and love the pubes peeking out from the Fauci one.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    What's happening in our country right now is an absolute disgrace.

This is fucking bullshit that we are in this position right now. Middle of fucking summer and 50k+ new cases a day and no signs of slowing down. This whole notion that younger people don't get fucked up from this disease is just not true. Young people are getting fucked up too.

I saw an interview with a Dallas ER Doctor and he said he had lost count of how many very sick people in theirs 20's ended up in his ER that week.
    WTF are you bitching about? You are a stay at home Dad, you are in the lowest possible risk group. Get back on Facebook Wives, you fucking embarrassment.

Comments

Muck Ficon: You are a drunk, craigslist plumber lol.

Walter Sobchak: fuck you

big dick: dont worry about it

Load Metric
    There is no better metaphor for the Trump Era than Mexico shutting the border on us.
    Canada voted like 80 % to renew keeping us out & we can't fly to Europe.

They are correct to do this,
    they listened to scientists,
    not these morons on Fox news STILL promoting herd immunity & hydroxychloroquine.

Mexico is like 'go head build that f'ing wall',
    Who knew the diseased caravan Trump was warning us about, was his campaign tour?

Mexico border towns try to stop Americans crossing amid Covid-19 fears

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...19-coronavirus

towns in northern Mexico are pleading to restrict cross-border movement – this time to stop tourists and travellers bringing in coronavirus from the US.
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post
    There is no better metaphor for the Trump Era than Mexico shutting the border on us.

not these morons on Fox news STILL promoting herd immunity & hydroxychloroquine.

Who knew the diseased caravan Trump was warning us about, was his campaign tour?

towns in northern Mexico are pleading to restrict cross-border movement – this time to stop tourists and travellers bringing in coronavirus from the US.
    fucking clown, ALL Mexicans want to come here, nobody wants to go to Mexico, ever. THEY DIE TO COME HERE. nobody cares that they closed the boarder, rofl fucking stupid mong, like they can even enforce it. no one wants to go to that shit hole country

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post

fucking clown, ALL Mexicans want to come here, nobody wants to go to Mexico, ever. THEY DIE TO COME HERE. nobody cares that they closed the boarder, rofl fucking stupid mong, like they can even enforce it. no one wants to go to that shit hole country
    Outside of a Cancun vacation, which admittedly is fairly money (at least at the resorts I have been to which are $300 a night), I have never met anyone that wanted to travel to Mexico, except Tyde. You basically will be killed. I went to Mexico City years ago, big mistake, I almost got knifed at a bar.

Comments

splitthis: Lol

Walter Sobchak: you're right but you're still a douche

MumblesBadly: You probably deserved it, you douche.

Thread Information