Page 326 of 947 FirstFirst ... 226276316322323324325326327328329330336376426826 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,520 of 18923

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Good read. Made fun of that laughable 72k deaths by August 4th model projecting a total we will surpass in less than a week. Only someone borderline retarded would argue for that model

It will be interesting to see the states with relatively low numbers open back up. States that are actually reporting their deaths, not a Florida just ignoring them.

Hopefully the worst is past, but I didn’t agree with their assertion that we probably passed our peak death day a few days ago. That seems to contradict the point they highlight that we are reopening at a much higher baseline than the initial spread. I think we will have horrible days in the fall/winter, maybe even later this month. but I hope not.

when i read 'death peak' in any sort of data driven discussion, i just adopt the posture that we are discussing some miracle situation where people just toe the line and follow protocols. eg best case.

no one can possibly tell me there has been a death peak when shit like this is popping off:

95% of the inertia behind these protests is the anti-vax movement, which is especially poignant when you consider that they arent protesting to be allowed to work, they are protesting to demand poor people risk their lives to give them haircuts and serve them onion rings.
    I hadn't considered the association of the anti-vaxers with these yahoos. Maybe. I feel bad for these poor cops just doing their job who have to deal with protesters crowding up against them with no masks on. What is the mentality of someone who brings a heavy duty firearm to a protest about public health?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

I dont know, I think the people in the state that was the hardest hit should be able to have a say in the matter
    Were you not aware that every state has its own say in the matter? Your state is closed until mid-may via governor's order. Your governor.

Comments

OSA: understood i was replying to tine's comments that NY'ers opinion are not relevant in the grand scheme

Load Metric
    Jeez when did Crowe diddly turn into a hysterical woman?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

I dont know, I think the people in the state that was the hardest hit should be able to have a say in the matter
    Were you not aware that every state has its own say in the matter? Your state is closed until mid-may via governor's order. Your governor.
    He's a Cuomophobe.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCommode View Post

when i read 'death peak' in any sort of data driven discussion, i just adopt the posture that we are discussing some miracle situation where people just toe the line and follow protocols. eg best case.

no one can possibly tell me there has been a death peak when shit like this is popping off:

95% of the inertia behind these protests is the anti-vax movement, which is especially poignant when you consider that they arent protesting to be allowed to work, they are protesting to demand poor people risk their lives to give them haircuts and serve them onion rings.
    I hadn't considered the association of the anti-vaxers with these yahoos. Maybe. I feel bad for these poor cops just doing their job who have to deal with protesters crowding up against them with no masks on. What is the mentality of someone who brings a heavy duty firearm to a protest about public health?

some protesters got arrested in virginia, someone checked their fb profiles, and they were all full on anti vax weirdos and, bonus incoming, they were also arrested 2 years before for assaulting women trying to enter an abortion clinic.

thats the heart and soul of the open-up movement. not to say that there arent a lot of people who arent insane who are pro open-up but base of the pyramid are right wing anti vax pro life with more than a dash of libertarian white power for good measure.

Comments

sah_24: god you are a dumb fuck lol ...

gimmick:
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

He's a Cuomophobe.
    Wrong, Trump has absolute say in what states do. When you're the president, that authority is total.

Load Metric
    Fascinating stories about your new homeland, NZ’s, response and success.

The Prime Minister is young and female & apparently respected.

Always thought your New Zealand take was a random strike but maybe you’re onto something I don’t understand yet.

Load Metric
    All I know is the most affected states are the one's run by Democratic Governors. If they want to destroy the economies of their states, that is their prerogative. In the red states, they are opening up, but those that want to stay home can. If it were up to epidemiologists everyone would stay home until 2022. Of course those guys are still working and getting a paycheck and giving interviews and becoming rockstars, so they don't give a shit.

People are staying home and getting fatter and more addicted, the former is one of the biggest contributors of Covid-19 deaths now and this is ironic. It's an undeniable fact. History is going to look back on this as one of the dumbest quarantines ever. Yeah, lets close down 99% of the economy for those that were ticking time bombs anyway, which is a fraction of a fraction. And spare me the anecdotal triathlete that got unlucky, ship happens in life. Old people, pre-existing conditions and morbidly obese should stay the fuck home. Even at its peak before social distancing NYC was not even using the 4,000 ventilators the Feds gave them, letting along the 30,000 Cuomo was bitching about he needed. The main reason this became some acute so fast is because it ran through nursing homes like wildfire, plain and simple. And obese people who were walking heart attacks anyway.

Load Metric
    Name:  EXCDe7RXQAEtlq7.jpeg
Views: 455
Size:  220.0 KB

lol maga.

Comments

OSA: why are you being dumb. there going to be a ramp up period for everyone

sah_24: nice thread prediction dumbass lol

LegalizeMeth: offset the dummies

dwai: offset the idiot

gimmick:

JimmyG_415: Offset DWAI the truth hurts, ....one step is just a complete moron.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    All I know is the most affected states are the one's run by Democratic Governors. If they want to destroy the economies of their states, that is their prerogative. In the red states, they are opening up, but those that want to stay home can. If it were up to epidemiologists everyone would stay home until 2022. Of course those guys are still working and getting a paycheck and giving interviews and becoming rockstars, so they don't give a shit.

People are staying home and getting fatter and more addicted, the former is one of the biggest contributors of Covid-19 deaths now and this is ironic. It's an undeniable fact. History is going to look back on this as one of the dumbest quarantines ever. Yeah, lets close down 99% of the economy for those that were ticking time bombs anyway, which is a fraction of a fraction. And spare me the anecdotal triathlete that got unlucky, ship happens in life. Old people, pre-existing conditions and morbidly obese should stay the fuck home. Even at its peak before social distancing NYC was not even using the 4,000 ventilators the Feds gave them, letting along the 30,000 Cuomo was bitching about he needed. The main reason this became some acute so fast is because it ran through nursing homes like wildfire, plain and simple. And obese people who were walking heart attacks anyway.
    One of the worlds leading epidemiologists has actually said the quarantine of the healthy is retarded ... but meh

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sah_24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

One of the worlds leading epidemiologists has actually said the quarantine of the healthy is retarded ... but meh
    Most of the Stanford (very right wing, neo-con school) epidemiologists have said this is totally overblown. I have seen a few of them over the last several weeks, one was on CNN this morning. The host was trying to say we need to shelter in place forever, or at least until the election. The guy basically said, um, no, we just need to have the old and sick stay in place and everyone else should go back to making a living. The host was furious and cut the interview off short. LOL.

Load Metric
    Name:  EXCDe7RXQAEtlq7.jpeg
Views: 455
Size:  220.0 KB

lol maga.
    This must be a generational thing that I just don't understand. Axes and alcohol, what could go wrong? It kind of sounds like 10 cents a beer night at a Cleveland Indians game in 1974.

Load Metric

Comments

JohnCommode: Priceless

MumblesBadly: Who will give me even money that she is a Trump supporter?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    In response to some states already easing their lockdowns, my company has jacked up the safety measures they want us to follow out here on the road.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Fuck you, Trump, for promoting this stupid move by the states!
    Good God, get a N95 and zip it. You have no clue how devastating this is financially for many since it has not interrupted your income. It is beyond time to open the floodgates. How bout quit your job and go into hiding? The ones that have had that FORCED on them are done with that shit.
    None to be found where I can park the truck to shop. But my company has ordered a crapload of them and should have them available for us to pick up at one of the terminals soon and very soon. In the meantime, I’ve improvised a step-up in my PPE versus simply using a bandana.

Name:  30451932-162C-408D-A055-F4892F7A87C2.jpeg
Views: 338
Size:  105.0 KB
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    30 years before Trump's recommendation. Sarah Connor didn't even know she was doing this guy a favor @1:45

Comments

MumblesBadly: But she knew the future.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric

honestly if i was a health care worker in atlanta, id quit.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I feel like we are being lied to about a lot of things, and these lies are being told with the justification that it's for the public good. Which in reality, it isn't.

For example, we already know about the (fairly obvious) mask lie, where they eventually reversed course and said "lol just kidding guyz, we were just saying that so you stop hoarding them and stopping hospital workers from getting 'em!"

Now they're pushing these weird models showing 73k total deaths for the pandemic when, as BCR put it, only a complete retard would believe that at this point, given that we're over 67k, and have been consistently at about 2k deaths per day for almost a month. Why can't we get a reasonable and realistic estimate? Are they afraid of causing panic?

And then there's the information blackout regarding the demographics of who is exactly most at risk, and what is defined as a "pre-existing condition" when people die from it. Instead, we're getting statements like, "Everyone is at risk! Everyone needs to be careful!"

Something I think is being suppressed, but I don't know why, is the info on likelihood of severe-but-not-hospitalizing symptoms by age group.

It seems that people under 35 just aren't getting that sick from it, for the most part. There are exceptions, of course, but it's looking like a TREMENDOUS difference between your risk of severe but not deadly symptoms if you're 32 versus 47.

In fact, my guess is that as far as likelihood of severe non-deadly symptoms rockets up after age 35, and then flattens off in the late 40s, only slowly increasing beyond that. However, after late 40s it starts to get more and more deadly.

I think they're afraid to admit right now that most people under 35 aren't going to have a very bad experience, because that will encourage violation of stay-at-home orders and other reckless behavior, which will prolong the spread of the virus.

Regardless, it's time we know the truth. I don't think it's a coincidence that every person I know under 35 who has had COVID-19 has had it mildly, and everyone over 45 has had severe symptoms.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Good points here

JimmyG_415: You guys gave Trump the rope to be able to lie like this, POTUS should not be able to fire oversight.

Load Metric
    I feel like we are being lied to about a lot of things, and these lies are being told with the justification that it's for the public good. Which in reality, it isn't.

For example, we already know about the (fairly obvious) mask lie, where they eventually reversed course and said "lol just kidding guyz, we were just saying that so you stop hoarding them and stopping hospital workers from getting 'em!"

Now they're pushing these weird models showing 73k total deaths for the pandemic when, as BCR put it, only a complete retard would believe that at this point, given that we're over 67k, and have been consistently at about 2k deaths per day for almost a month. Why can't we get a reasonable and realistic estimate? Are they afraid of causing panic?

And then there's the information blackout regarding the demographics of who is exactly most at risk, and what is defined as a "pre-existing condition" when people die from it. Instead, we're getting statements like, "Everyone is at risk! Everyone needs to be careful!"

Something I think is being suppressed, but I don't know why, is the info on likelihood of severe-but-not-hospitalizing symptoms by age group.

It seems that people under 35 just aren't getting that sick from it, for the most part. There are exceptions, of course, but it's looking like a TREMENDOUS difference between your risk of severe but not deadly symptoms if you're 32 versus 47.

In fact, my guess is that as far as likelihood of severe non-deadly symptoms rockets up after age 35, and then flattens off in the late 40s, only slowly increasing beyond that. However, after late 40s it starts to get more and more deadly.

I think they're afraid to admit right now that most people under 35 aren't going to have a very bad experience, because that will encourage violation of stay-at-home orders and other reckless behavior, which will prolong the spread of the virus.

Regardless, it's time we know the truth. I don't think it's a coincidence that every person I know under 35 who has had COVID-19 has had it mildly, and everyone over 45 has had severe symptoms.
    Nobody is lying. The issue is it's a moving target, the deaths that is. This thing is attacking the elderly, fat people, people with pre-existing conditions. I am not sure why this is so difficult to understand.

Druff, you have plenty of money you can be holed up for years so you can plan for these worst case scenarios and not give a shit. You are in the 5% minority. The other 95% have to go out and work to eat. There are people that are encouraging a long lock up: those that can afford it, and those that were very poor and now are making more money from local and federal stimulus.

Nobody is holding anything back, the whole world is going through the same thing, so unless you think their is some Global Order Council lying to you, you are just chasing UFOs. Really you think someone in Italy is holding back the real outcome from the world? Really?

Load Metric

there are several opposing agendas at bar.

- scientific ignorance
    - public health concerns
    - political agendas
    - the necessity to preserve social order
    - the fuckin economy

i swear to you im not trying to politicize this response to you, this isnt a needle: this sort of muddied, kneejerk, borderline superstitious response is exactly what a lot of us were worried about with this administration. they arent professionals.

and im sorry because obviously again this isnt a needle response, its just the unavoidable destination of any conversation about the handling of this pandemic.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    They now have revised the death count to 37K....

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

Thread Information