Page 211 of 946 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221261311711 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,220 of 18903

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I found the manual one was more consistent and accurate, and I saw the 1 degree variance on the digital one. However, I never saw the digital one being way off.
    1 degree variance I would consider to be way off. They only have to be correct between ~95 degrees and 105 degrees.

For example, say last week, if you were at 100.5 degrees, and the thermometer says you are 99.9 degrees, you couldn't get corona tested in most of the US.
    Oh I'd rather have the manual one for sure, but the digital one isn't useless.

It sucks because I meant to order a new manual one when I broke it, but forgot.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    There's no competition for higher prices as far as I know. Now the volume of the request might influence the priority of the bid but it's not like the feds or states are sending us a price they are willing to pay.
    Listen to the first 2 minutes. When my governor asks Trump why we keep getting outbid by the feds, Trump laughs and points out that price is always a component of that, and maybe that's why we lost to the feds. "That's probably why." I don;t know how else to take that.

if you can explain it in a way that's different, I'm all ears.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Druff’s “free market”-oriented president at work.
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 04-03-2020 at 04:01 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The solution to our lack of vaccine might come from...

Array

Ian once again was ahead of his time.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020...cine-unveiled/

Comments

BCR: That’s where Salk discovered the polio vaccine. One more time

Diamond
    Load Metric
    There's no competition for higher prices as far as I know. Now the volume of the request might influence the priority of the bid but it's not like the feds or states are sending us a price they are willing to pay.
    Listen to the first 2 minutes. When my governor asks Trump why we keep getting outbid by the feds, Trump laughs and points out that price is always a component of that, and maybe that's why we lost to the feds. "That's probably why." I don;t know how else to take that.

Don't dip your foot in the same lake as where the Fed does? Maybe they should be approaching other vendors that arent being utilized by the Fed currently?

This is a good question, and the answer might be behind closed doors or with people that have more information than us. Another reason why I hate politics and will never waste half of my day to vote.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The solution to our lack of vaccine might come from...

Array

Ian once again was ahead of his time.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020...cine-unveiled/

Load Metric
    Good time to be gender fluid in Peru or Panama:

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...rusliveupdates

So until at least April 12, the country's police and security forces are enforcing a new regulation: Men can leave their homes on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays with an ID, while women can do so on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. On Sundays, meanwhile, the stay-at-home order applies to everyone.
    Vizcarra added that police officers have been instructed to respect trans and nonbinary residents' gender identities, and "not to have homophobic attitudes."

Load Metric
    Woman leaving Ohio church service tells CNN she’s “covered in Jesus’s blood” and not worried about getting coronavirus.

I wonder what her political affiliation is.

Comments

blake: lol

OSA: hahahahahh

Krypt: Republican -3500

Walter Sobchak: I'll never get completely used to this stupidity
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    dish what do you think her political affiliation is

Comments

blake:
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Navy sailors cheer for their captain that was removed because he went to bat for them.

Guys a hero

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...f-nws-orig.cnn

Load Metric
    I take it you got a name/race on her? It’s 100 GOP if she’s white, but that type of language is real real popular among some Dems too.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: Very good call.

Load Metric

My opinion- I don’t think Donald Trump is participating in the procurement process and doubt he has any idea if what he said is true. It sounded good in his head so he blurted it out.

The governor stated that they lost out to the feds on 3 big orders. There are a couple of reasons this could have happened.
    -First in first out order- feds put the order in sooner.
    -Prioritizing current customers over new ones. Some states have never procured product from big vendors. Some states have. They often use small businesses, Vet owned businesses, women, minorities etc. and even sometimes hand out contracts to their friends and donors. Those suppliers rely on the big guys to get their product to resell.
    -FEMA also has in place specific agreements with large vendors to get their product in case of emergency. Usually this is hurricanes and pretty manageable situations. It’s possible that an agreement like this was prioritized.

I know for a fact that I have been told specifically that I cannot sell to a customer who is willing to pay more. Like I said the FBI is already investigating a lot of companies for price gouging.

Load Metric
    How is it that the american president and the man in charge of england didnt know to prepare for this months ago? Are both leaders that ignorant ?

I find it hard to believe that both trump and johnson didn't know to prepare for this months ago. I guess I can see how one of them didnt know or took it too lightly but both?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Name:  image000000.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  72.9 KB

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Trump jacking masks legally sold to Germany (and paid for) because L.O.L the Germans are a totally peace loving race, and his family is definitely not from Germany.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americ...ask-production
    Germany is accusing the United States of using "wild west methods" to obtain personal protective equipment.

The claim came after a delivery of face masks destined for Berlin was diverted en route from China.

German media reported on Friday (local time) that hundreds of thousands of masks purchased from manufacturer 3M and intended for Berlin police were diverted to the US as they were being transferred between planes in Thailand.
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by zealanddonk View Post
    Trump jacking masks legally sold to Germany (and paid for) because L.O.L the Germans are a totally peace loving race, and his family is definitely not from Germany.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americ...ask-production
    Germany is accusing the United States of using "wild west methods" to obtain personal protective equipment.

The claim came after a delivery of face masks destined for Berlin was diverted en route from China.

German media reported on Friday (local time) that hundreds of thousands of masks purchased from manufacturer 3M and intended for Berlin police were diverted to the US as they were being transferred between planes in Thailand.

So when people say that our government isn't doing enough, this is evidence that maybe they are doing too much.. and I am 100% for it.

Load Metric
    "April 3 (GMT)

Italy: the real number of COVID-19 cases in the country could be 5,000,0000 (compared to the 119,827 confirmed ones) according to a study which polled people with symptoms who have not been tested, and up to 10,000,000 or even 20,0000,000 after taking into account asymptomatic cases, according to Carlo La Vecchia, a Professor of Medical Statistics and Epidemiology at the Statale di Milano University.

This number would still be insufficient to reach herd immunity, which would require 2/3 of the population (about 40,000,000 people in Italy) having contracted the virus [source].

The number of deaths could also be underestimated by 3/4 (in Italy as well as in other countries) [source], meaning that the real number of deaths in Italy could be around 60,000.

If these estimates were true, the mortality rate from COVID-19 would be much lower (around 25 times less) than the case fatality rate based solely on laboratory-confirmed cases and deaths, since it would be underestimating cases (the denominator) by a factor of about 1/100 and deaths by a factor of 1/4."

From the worldometer site.

Load Metric

My opinion- I don’t think Donald Trump is participating in the procurement process and doubt he has any idea if what he said is true. It sounded good in his head so he blurted it out.
    Very fair point.

The governor stated that they lost out to the feds on 3 big orders. There are a couple of reasons this could have happened.
    -First in first out order- feds put the order in sooner.
    I posted earlier in this thread where the Gov specifically said there were multiple confirmed order that were ready to go, and they still got "outbid" by the feds. Take that how you will, but I don't think you can say the feds beat us to it.

MA also had a large order that was completed and shipped to us, but was confiscated in the port of NY by the feds. At this point, what else could our state possibly do? This is the point where I'm always compelled to point out we have a Republican governor, just because, and it still happens.

-Prioritizing current customers over new ones. Some states have never procured product from big vendors. Some states have. They often use small businesses, Vet owned businesses, women, minorities etc. and even sometimes hand out contracts to their friends and donors. Those suppliers rely on the big guys to get their product to resell.
    -FEMA also has in place specific agreements with large vendors to get their product in case of emergency. Usually this is hurricanes and pretty manageable situations. It’s possible that an agreement like this was prioritized.
    I can;t speak to any of this, but when the feds say "get it yourself" and you DO get it yourself, and you still don;t actually get the stuff, it gets pretty frustrating. Bob Kraft is literally more useful to our state in getting PPE than the feds are.

I know for a fact that I have been told specifically that I cannot sell to a customer who is willing to pay more. Like I said the FBI is already investigating a lot of companies for price gouging.
    This is always the case in an emergency situation, and I have no doubt a lot of it will only be punished by the individual state attorneys general after this is all said and done.
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 04-03-2020 at 06:50 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post
    "April 3 (GMT)

Italy: the real number of COVID-19 cases in the country could be 5,000,0000 (compared to the 119,827 confirmed ones) according to a study which polled people with symptoms who have not been tested, and up to 10,000,000 or even 20,0000,000 after taking into account asymptomatic cases, according to Carlo La Vecchia, a Professor of Medical Statistics and Epidemiology at the Statale di Milano University.

This number would still be insufficient to reach herd immunity, which would require 2/3 of the population (about 40,000,000 people in Italy) having contracted the virus [source].

The number of deaths could also be underestimated by 3/4 (in Italy as well as in other countries) [source], meaning that the real number of deaths in Italy could be around 60,000.

If these estimates were true, the mortality rate from COVID-19 would be much lower (around 25 times less) than the case fatality rate based solely on laboratory-confirmed cases and deaths, since it would be underestimating cases (the denominator) by a factor of about 1/100 and deaths by a factor of 1/4."

From the worldometer site.

They can’t make enough of those antibody tests fast. People are going to have no idea if they have to do all this shit or already had it.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    I mean look at NY unemployment system. Everyone knew it was going to be an astronomical amount of claims happening and the site still crashed.

5 days and people still cant get through to someone. Even if they had an entire month, you think they could have handled all the workers filing? No chance

Thread Information