Page 336 of 947 FirstFirst ... 236286326332333334335336337338339340346386436836 ... LastLast
Results 6,701 to 6,720 of 18929

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    abrown83: Tax Credits for Losing Weight - Republicans can't say no to a reduction in taxes

step one for team retard would be spending months fattening themselves up before they get weighed. and ngl id probably do it too.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    abrown83: Tax Credits for Losing Weight - Republicans can't say no to a reduction in taxes

step one for team retard would be spending months fattening themselves up before they get weighed. and ngl id probably do it too.
    Yea only way would be to call it a Medicare Payroll Tax Exemption and basically if you are maybe within 7-10% of healthy BMI you would get the credit.

Then give bonus credit for your first year getting credit and every 3 years of keeping the credit.

It would solve most of the health insurance crisis and COVID if we had an obesity rate in the single digits.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

People always gloss over the shit that matters. This has been surmised and the multiple strains have been known, but to see someone that qualified talking about the mutation occurring in the peak sequence of the virus where any vaccines were aimed at is disheartening. My takeaway is that we may have this forever. And multiple infections which could require a new vaccine every year. Fuck, this isn't the flu either. This thing smashes the fuck out of the flu. It was obvious something happened between Italy and here. We had a few random cases, but this strain just bullies them off the court.

Going forward, this changes shit big time. We need a national obesity program. Every red state will fight it and mock it like they did with the soda shit in NYC or Michelle Obama trying to get kids to eat healthy in schools, but anyone sitting around fat over 40 is going to be dead and the red states should care because they are the easily the fattest white people alive by a long way. We are moving into survival of the fittest Darwinian territory no doubt.
    Honestly my enthusiasm for this thing ending was basically shit on by that article.

It explains the multiple infection reports and it's just really disheartening. Like we are working towards trying to contain a moving target that we think is stationary.
    I think we need to take a step back and breathe.

This disease has probably infected 10+ million people in the world. If there was reinfection happening that resulted in morbidity/mortality, we would be hearing a lot more about it than the tiny bit of news that has come out so far. Have you heard a single credible report of a person becoming sick/dying from a clear reinfection? I haven't. At most all we get are these murky reports of a tiny minority of people going from positive-negative-positive with no indication they are even getting sick again. If they were, I feel this is a detail that would have come up by now.

Also, as far as vaccines go, a dominant strain evolving and overwhelming the rest is actually a GOOD thing. We want there to be a single, dominant strain we all have that a vaccine or therapy targets if/when it comes out. Also, the mutation they are referring to has been the dominant strain in the US and most of Europe the whole time. This isn't anything new.

If Western vaccine developers are making vaccines against the original November Wuhan strain that are ineffective agains the strain that has been dominant in Europe and the US the last 2 months than this would be a pretty big miscalculation. I am optimistic this is not what is going on.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post

Yea only way would be to call it a Medicare Payroll Tax Exemption and basically if you are maybe within 7-10% of healthy BMI you would get the credit.

Then give bonus credit for your first year getting credit and every 3 years of keeping the credit.

It would solve most of the health insurance crisis and COVID if we had an obesity rate in the single digits.

diabetics getting their feet removed so they can save $13 on their taxes to own the libs:

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post

Honestly my enthusiasm for this thing ending was basically shit on by that article.

It explains the multiple infection reports and it's just really disheartening. Like we are working towards trying to contain a moving target that we think is stationary.
    I think we need to take a step back and breathe.

This disease has probably infected 10+ million people in the world. If there was reinfection happening that resulted in morbidity/mortality, we would be hearing a lot more about it than the tiny bit of news that has come out so far. Have you heard a single credible report of a person becoming sick/dying from a clear reinfection? I haven't. At most all we get are these murky reports of a tiny minority of people going from positive-negative-positive with no indication they are even getting sick again. If they were, I feel this is a detail that would have come up by now.

Also, as far as vaccines go, a dominant strain evolving and overwhelming the rest is actually a GOOD thing. We want there to be a single, dominant strain we all have that a vaccine or therapy targets if/when it comes out. Also, the mutation they are referring to has been the dominant strain in the US and most of Europe the whole time. This isn't anything new.

If Western vaccine developers are making vaccines against the original November Wuhan strain that are ineffective agains the strain that has been dominant in Europe and the US the last 2 months than this would be a pretty big miscalculation. I am optimistic this is not what is going on.
    My thoughts exactly. Beat me to the punch when I saw that phony LA Times article, lets consider the source.

Comments

Muck Ficon: LOL

Load Metric
    Looks like although young people don't get the disease that's killing old people, the virus can do something else to them:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/05/n...&region=Footer

Yikes.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    pence finna dismantle the virus task force.

i mean its all jesus' will anyway so why not

Load Metric
    pence finna dismantle the virus task force.

i mean its all jesus' will anyway so why not
    You are Goddamn right!
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric

diabetics getting their feet removed so they can save $13 on their taxes to own the libs:

Those already on govt assistance, now fat Sally working at the local Convenience store.....
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Another montage of our Narcissist-in-Chief in action during this pandemic crisis.

(Thanks, Obama.)

Obama White House Knew of Russian Election Hacking, but Delayed Telling
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/21/u...n-hacking.html
    Dan Druff: NOW SHIT video

Druff, I don’t understand why you can’t bear to hear the truth about Donald Trump’s utterly disfunctional-as-president narcissism.

Seriously, dude! You are wallowing in a pool of self-denial, flailing about making ridiculous arguments about somehow his lies, and those told by his lapdogs in his administration, are being made for “the greater good”.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Florida on Monday night removed data from the Department of Health website that showed 171 patients had coronavirus symptoms or positive test results in January and February, before any cases were announced to the public.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/2...rly-as-january
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Unfortunately it appears I was right about the Tuesday death count bump. 2.5 hours to go on Worldometer and death count already has met last Tuesday's.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Here's a really cute doctor talking for almost 6 minutes about it

Load Metric
    Unfortunately it appears I was right about the Tuesday death count bump. 2.5 hours to go on Worldometer and death count already has met last Tuesday's.
    Why the fuck keep going on about this, a milly at the best are gonna die. This has been known since the start, just easing all the simple minded into the real numbers.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Why the fuck keep going on about this, a milly at the best are gonna die. This has been known since the start, just easing all the simple minded into the real numbers.
    So Trump lowballing the numbers serves what purpose then? As a health care professional, do you approve?

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    It prevented panic is all. Waltsy you are becoming a troll, go get yourself some puss and fuck off.

Comments

dwai: rofl

Walter Sobchak: :cosby

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    It prevented panic is all. Waltsy you are becoming a troll, go get yourself some puss and fuck off.
    He literally cannot not mention trump, full on derangement syndrome.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Russ Hamilton gained a ton of weight because the 1994 WSOP Main Event had a bonus for the winner where they'd also get their body weight in silver. He ballooned to over 300 pounds, and then indeed he won, and got all of that silver.

So yes, let's all be like Russ Hamilton. Sounds like a plan.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I think you and splitthis should get married. Both of you are obsessed with the topic of reducing obesity.

Now, don't get me wrong, I agree that the increased obesity in the US is a public health problem, and I am in the process of losing weight myself, despite not being obese.

However, COVID would still be plenty of a problem if the obesity rate was under 10% (it would still be killing old and sick people, for one), and it would not solve most of the health insurance crisis. It might bring health insurance rates down a little bit, but the health insurance problem is due to a combination of an antiquated, piecemeal billing system (which is rarely discussed), a doctor shortage (also rarely discussed), and a preferred-provider insurance scheme which discourages the free market (again, rarely discussed).

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

So Trump lowballing the numbers serves what purpose then? As a health care professional, do you approve?
    I have been complaining about the lowballing of the numbers for awhile now, both here and on radio. And yes, Trump was part of that.

But it wasn't just Trump. The mainstream media was happy to go along with that one, only mentioning a higher death toll "if we reopen" as a way to shame Republicans. I didn't see the mainstream media questioning that 74k number until we got really close to already exceeding it.

As I mentioned in recent posts, nobody is being honest with us. We are being lied to "for our own good", and it's not just Trump doing it.

Thread Information