Page 509 of 946 FirstFirst ... 9409459499505506507508509510511512513519559609 ... LastLast
Results 10,161 to 10,180 of 18903

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    It’s because the economy wasn’t going to rebound on a Therapy. If they find something that stops you from dropping dead it’s not going to help the movie theater owner, and by extension the presidents reelection.
    It’s reality though. I’m going to assume you are describing the appeal of vaccines.

I’m NOT dropping dead if therapeutics. My fear is greatly lessened. Even Druff might go out. Vaccine is likely not a guarantee if it ever happens

If employers required regular testing a lot of your theater goers now know they are sick and unless they are assholes or Republicans they stay home. Current testing is prohibitive and not highly developed.

I would love to tell my customers my employees have tested safe.
    this couldn't even kill an overweight, old, out of shape Donald Trump, when will you fags get over it, shit is basically a flu, in the real world we're over this bullshit hoax virus.

TRUMP IS GOD

Comments

splitthis: Hoax virus

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

It’s reality though. I’m going to assume you are describing the appeal of vaccines.

I’m NOT dropping dead if therapeutics. My fear is greatly lessened. Even Druff might go out. Vaccine is likely not a guarantee if it ever happens

If employers required regular testing a lot of your theater goers now know they are sick and unless they are assholes or Republicans they stay home. Current testing is prohibitive and not highly developed.

I would love to tell my customers my employees have tested safe.
    this couldn't even kill an overweight, old, out of shape Donald Trump, when will you fags get over it, shit is basically a flu, in the real world we're over this bullshit hoax virus.

TRUMP IS GOD
    I’m a fag with a business where half my customers have suspended their membership. No one is prohibited them legislatively.

I live in the real world. With real people.

No one is stopping the public from flying. Going to movies. Etc etc.

If anything people got more freaked since the Trump episode. Trump could have done some better messaging.

Load Metric

TRUMP IS GOD
    I’m a fag with a business where half my customers have suspended their membership. No one is prohibited them legislatively.

If anything people got more freaked since the Trump episode. Trump could have done some better messaging.
    99.998 SURVIVAL RATE, TAKE THE MASK OFF

Comments

splitthis: Yep

TheXFactor: NOT TRUE.

Load Metric

Most of our employees are part time and have no benefits. They are free to be sick for a few weeks if they find someone to cover their shift.

Load Metric
    Most of our employees are part time and have no benefits. They are free to be sick for a few weeks if they find someone to cover their shift.
    if they get sick, fire them, they're pussies

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

TRUMP IS GOD

I think people underestimate how much the consumer mindset and consumption habits have changed since COVID (and how delivery companies like Amazon have benefitted).

Even if states waved all the COVID restaurant/theater/event regulations away today, they won't be at full capacity until people are confident of the treatment/cure/vaccine, that's actually accessible, works.

People will still consume, it will just be different. i.e. your local pub goes under, but the liquor store and apps like Drizly thrive.

Comments

splitthis: All part of their plan
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    2. From France to Russia, from Britain to the Czech Republic, European leaders are confronting a surge in coronavirus cases that is rapidly filling hospital beds, driving up death tolls and raising the grim prospect of further lockdowns in countries already traumatized by the pandemic. The continent, which once compared favorably to the United States in its handling of the pandemic, is being engulfed by a second wave of infection. With an average of more than 100,000 new infections per day over the past week, Europe now accounts for about one-third of new cases reported worldwide. (via The New York Times, WHO Covid Dashboard)

but, but i thought America sucked the most.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    2. From France to Russia, from Britain to the Czech Republic, European leaders are confronting a surge in coronavirus cases that is rapidly filling hospital beds, driving up death tolls and raising the grim prospect of further lockdowns in countries already traumatized by the pandemic. The continent, which once compared favorably to the United States in its handling of the pandemic, is being engulfed by a second wave of infection. With an average of more than 100,000 new infections per day over the past week, Europe now accounts for about one-third of new cases reported worldwide. (via The New York Times, WHO Covid Dashboard)

but, but i thought America sucked the most.
    American/Trump haters aren't gonna like this

Load Metric
    2nd wave is allegedly coming saw it on the news. Rendesivir a hope full failed to meet any progress. I want what Trump got if I would get it. Probably steroids related.
    Last edited by FRANKRIZZO; 10-16-2020 at 01:44 PM.

Load Metric
    The rate of COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. since June 7 is 27.2 per 100,000 people. In contrast, in Italy, the death rate is down to 3.1 per 100,000.
    That's just based on population not number of infected.

The death rate from coronavirus is starting to spike again in the U.S. soon it will be much higher.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    2nd wave is allegedly coming saw it on the news. Rendesivir a hope full failed to meet any progress. I want what Trump got if I would get it. Probably steroids related.
    Name:  51A426CC-DB66-42D5-B222-138E3DB10096.jpeg
Views: 484
Size:  79.2 KB

Moronavirus lol

Load Metric
    Name:  34520666-8850985-image-a-40_1602983126120.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  64.7 KB

A wedding that will be attended by 10,000 people doesn't seem like a great idea right now. Fortunately, Cuomo actually did the right thing and prohibited it. I doubt that he has very much support within the Hasidic community, so that probably made it easier.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Big-Apple.html

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCommode View Post
    Name:  34520666-8850985-image-a-40_1602983126120.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  64.7 KB

A wedding that will be attended by 10,000 people doesn't seem like a great idea right now. Fortunately, Cuomo actually did the right thing and prohibited it. I doubt that he has very much support within the Hasidic community, so that probably made it easier.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Big-Apple.html
    Hasidic kids get terrible secular educations. Clueless

Load Metric
    up to 8million infected 200,000 deaths

Platinum
    Load Metric
    This fat, lazy fucker didn't see it coming.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 443
Size:  98.4 KB

Ukrainian fitness Instagram influencer, 33, 'who thought Covid didn't exist' dies of coronavirus after contracting infection on trip to Turkey

Dmitriy Stuzhuk, who had one million followers on Instagram, has died of Covid
    He told his followers he thought Covid did not exist until he caught the illness
    His ex-wife and mother to his three children, Sofia, announced his death
    By WILL STEWART FOR MAILONLINE

A fitness influencer who thought Covid didn't exist has died aged just 33 after contracting the virus on a trip to Turkey.

Dmitriy Stuzhuk had been discharged from hospital in his native Ukraine - but was rushed back and rapidly deteriorated.

To his one million subscribers, he appeared super-fit as he promoted sports and healthy living.

But his ex-wife and mother of his three children, Sofia Stuzhuk, 25, who announced his death said coronavirus had triggered heart complications.

After becoming ill, he had posted to his fans: 'I want to share how I got sick and to strongly warn everyone.

'I was one who thought that Covid does not exist… Until I got sick.'

He told them: 'COVID-19 IS NOT A SHORT-LIVED DISEASE! And it is heavy.'

He had woken in Turkey with a swollen neck and breathing difficulties, he said.

Back in Ukraine, he was tested positive and hospitalised.

'The hospital is completely filled with people, some of them being treated in corridors,' he posted.

He showed how he needed an oxygen apparatus for breathing.

After eight days he was permitted to leave his ward rather than remain in an overcrowded Kyiv hospital.

'At home, as they say, the walls heal - my condition is stable.'

But after a few hours he was rushed back to hospital where Sofia said he was soon in a 'grave condition' and 'unconscious'.

Sofia - who has five million followers - posted as he struggled for life: 'Dima (Dmitriy) had problems with his cardiovascular system…

'His heart is not coping…'

He suffered clinical death but medics restarted his heart.

She posted: 'His state is extremely grave. No-one can do anything with this.

'I did everything I could so the father of my three children lives. But nothing depends on me now... '

Then 'heartbroken' Sofia announced his death.

The couple had three children David, Lola and Olivia. The youngest is just nine months old.

They split six months ago after she complained of 'constant betrayal, cursing, showdown and stress' but recently said they were back on good terms.

She posted: 'Only warm memories remain, three beautiful kids and valuable experience.

'God, it is so terrible to realize that he is not with us anymore....'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ronavirus.html

Comments

OSA: Another steroid user

splitthis: Heart issues death

Load Metric
    He’s Ukrainian. Clearly Biden had him killed. I’d put it at 40% that the qanon people will see the opportunity for a Covid denialHunter Biden killed him opportunity here.

Comments

nightmarefish: I have to be honest, this did cross my mind.

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Deaths on the rise again, this time the hot spots are all red states. Except Wisconsin.

Third wave gonna make the first and second waves look like nothing.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Deaths on the rise again, this time the hot spots are all red states. Except Wisconsin.

I don't believe this.

The worst we've seen was NYC circa April, and since then nowhere has been that bad. Sure, there's been flare-ups, but nothing like greater NYC in the spring.

The bigger concern isn't in the US -- it's how parts of Europe (such as Italy) are getting bad again, after having an early first wave, then having numbers go very low for several months. Is it possible this is in a different part of Italy? I haven't looked into it.

I do agree with the sentiment expressed about 2 weeks ago in this thread -- that the real breakthrough will be an effective therapy, NOT a vaccine.

I've been saying this on radio for many months, for those who listen to that. Here are the big advantages of an effective therapeutic over a vaccine:

1) People are willing to take it, because they're already sick

2) The fear of "what if I still get it despite being vaccinated" goes away

3) No healthy people will be fucked over by side effects of a rushed vaccine

4) Herd immunity will happen faster, because people will stop fearing getting COVID once they know a good therapeutic exists

When will this come to exist? Who knows? Could be really soon, could be years away. But until that happens, we're probably dealing with this for awhile, unless it just burns itself out like the Swine Flu did.

I think there's a fair chance I won't be playing another hand of live poker until 2022 -- at which point I can enter the WSOP Seniors event.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

I don't believe this.

The worst we've seen was NYC circa April, and since then nowhere has been that bad. Sure, there's been flare-ups, but nothing like greater NYC in the spring.

The bigger concern isn't in the US -- it's how parts of Europe (such as Italy) are getting bad again, after having an early first wave, then having numbers go very low for several months. Is it possible this is in a different part of Italy? I haven't looked into it.

I do agree with the sentiment expressed about 2 weeks ago in this thread -- that the real breakthrough will be an effective therapy, NOT a vaccine.

I've been saying this on radio for many months, for those who listen to that. Here are the big advantages of an effective therapeutic over a vaccine:

1) People are willing to take it, because they're already sick

2) The fear of "what if I still get it despite being vaccinated" goes away

3) No healthy people will be fucked over by side effects of a rushed vaccine

4) Herd immunity will happen faster, because people will stop fearing getting COVID once they know a good therapeutic exists

When will this come to exist? Who knows? Could be really soon, could be years away. But until that happens, we're probably dealing with this for awhile, unless it just burns itself out like the Swine Flu did.

I think there's a fair chance I won't be playing another hand of live poker until 2022 -- at which point I can enter the WSOP Seniors event.
    1st wave came in the middle of the flu season. There's a lot more carriers to start this season. We're looking at a full season with honestly a thousand fold breaking points vs the beginning the year.

None of this is unexpected, but saying it would have it caused unnecessary panic.

Herd immunity is a thing, but it's associated with an unnecessary body count with unknown efficacy. Mutations are thing. It's a bad gamble.

Thread Information