Page 429 of 946 FirstFirst ... 329379419425426427428429430431432433439479529929 ... LastLast
Results 8,561 to 8,580 of 18903

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    gimmick logic: 70,000 people crammed together in a small space, many without masks, is safe, because others stay at home as a result.

The guy has to be trolling.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    gimmick logic: 70,000 people crammed together in a small space, many without masks, is safe, because others stay at home as a result.

Ok do you have anything resembling numbers to back up that it worsened the infections? It's literally the same thing why death numbers went down at the start of the quarantine. Sure people died of covid, but apparently that's less than deaths resulting in people living their every day lives.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post

Ok do you have anything resembling numbers to back up that it worsened the infections? It's literally the same thing why death numbers went down at the start of the quarantine. Sure people died of covid, but apparently that's less than deaths resulting in people living their every day lives.
    It’s “highly likely” that the coronavirus case surge is connected to mass protests that erupted in recent weeks over the death of George Floyd, L.A. County Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer said.
    https://www.latimes.com/california/s...onavirus-cases

I'm sure Democrat Barbara Ferrer is just lying though. Has to be Trump's fault in some way.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post

It’s “highly likely” that the coronavirus case surge is connected to mass protests that erupted in recent weeks over the death of George Floyd, L.A. County Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer said.
    https://www.latimes.com/california/s...onavirus-cases

I'm sure Democrat Barbara Ferrer is just lying though. Has to be Trump's fault in some way.
    Golfclap. You found a person backing you.

Load Metric
    lol gimmick so stupid

Comments

Muck Ficon: Don't worry about it.

splitthis:

Load Metric

It’s amazing how many people and businesses depended on this model for success.

Conventions are dead.
    Anyone associated with conventions are no longer getting paid any money.
    This will probably be the case for the next two to three years.

Stadiums are dead.
    Some sports teams will play in empty stadiums but most people who worked there won’t return for at least two to three years.

All those concerts and special events with 20,000 plus people will not return for at least three years maybe longer.

Most musicians who relied on touring to pay the bills, they will go broke.

Almost every company impacted because of the coronavirus.
    Most will suffer with just loss revenue.
    Many companies will go out of business.
    There will be far less bars and restaurants in America.

New Year's will be cancelled except for the fireworks.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    https://www.researchsquare.com/article/rs-35331/v1

SARS-CoV-2 T-cell epitopes define heterologous and COVID-19-induced T-cell recognition

Here is an interesting study indicating that T cell mediated immunity, as opposed to antibodies, may be more important in developing immunity towards SARS COV, which is something I hypothesized months ago.

The study also indicates that many people who never had SARS COV2 may have full/partial immunity due to past exposure to other coronaviruses, something else I hypothesized. The study indicated up to 80% of people without SARS COV2 had T cells in their blood that reacted to SARS COV2.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

SARS-CoV-2 T-cell epitopes define heterologous and COVID-19-induced T-cell recognition

Here is an interesting study indicating that T cell mediated immunity, as opposed to antibodies, may be more important in developing immunity towards SARS COV, which is something I hypothesized months ago.

The study also indicates that many people who never had SARS COV2 may have full/partial immunity due to past exposure to other coronaviruses, something else I hypothesized. The study indicated up to 80% of people without SARS COV2 had T cells in their blood that reacted to SARS COV2.
    Since testing is so god awfully inaccurate how does anyone know who has antibodies?

If research has accurate testing why can’t this science be transferred to the marketplace?

It’s just something I think about reading this stuff.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Since testing is so god awfully inaccurate how does anyone know who has antibodies?

If research has accurate testing why can’t this science be transferred to the marketplace?

Most of the more accurate testing is performed using technologies that are too time intensive, resource intensive and expensive to be used in a marketplace setting.

The antibody testing we do have has a lot of errors and limitations, but it is much cheaper and more scalable than other technologies.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Most of the more accurate testing is performed using technologies that are too time intensive, resource intensive and expensive to be used in a marketplace setting.

The antibody testing we do have has a lot of errors and limitations, but it is much cheaper and more scalable than other technologies.
    Do we even know if the tests can beat a coin flip yet?

Load Metric
    Another “SHIT”* video by Now This.

*Probably what Druff would say.

Comments

big dick: he should be charged with treason and hung

Sanlmar: No public transportation - yeah, yeah, that’s the ticket
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I have something to expand upon this.

Here is a really good article answering some questions nobody is asking: https://medium.com/@jrfinkel/covid-p...r-3e3a5f333d84

It mentions the study you're talking about.

Most notably, why are we NOT seeing second waves in places which were previously hard hit (New York, Spain, Italy, Belgium, etc) and why are we seeing huge upticks in places which were NOT previously hard hit (Brazil, California, Arizona, Texas, Florida).

This cannot be explained just by lockdown/reopening data, as you'll see.

Like I said on a recent radio show, I think there might be some partial herd immunity, and this article makes the case for it, among other things.

(This is NOT a right wing article, by the way. In fact, it states that the protests in already-hit places did not impact further spread of the virus very much!)

Anyway, this article makes a ton of sense, and is very good news. It's basically making the case that most areas are going to eventually experience one really awful period (also influenced by the popuation density), but that a true second wave will never come, and the virus will die down on its own.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Ohter extrapolations from the article, even though it doesn't directly make these points:

1) Big time reopening should be happening everywhere which has already had a bad wave of COVID-19 and since improved

2) In addition to NOT causing much effect in places which were previously hard-hit, the protests were probably a major killer in places which hadn't been (such as Los Angeles)

3) Schools should reopen

4) The governors of places which have reopened should not be blamed, because every major city is likely to have their moment of pain, and keeping closed is just delaying the inevitable while hurting the economy

5) The picture for 2021 looks much more optimistic, as it would be assumed that most places will have had their period of intense infection by then

Diamond
    Load Metric
    there's a handful of ppl here that are so propagandized out of it they would use this as a source

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    there
    Hey boss, seldom seen Smith here.

Hoping to see some video of you maskless and shoulder to shoulder at Mount Rushmore basking in the glow of Trump's benevolence this weekend.

Just wondering, have u caught a Trans World Airlines flight yet?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Seriously though. Scroll up a bit and read the COVID article I posted. You'll be glad you did.

It was written by a woman with left-leaning politics, so it's not any kind of conservative propaganda.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Treadmill arrived yesterday. Going to assemble it today and will post pics afterwards.

Name:  IMG-20200629-WA0000.jpeg
Views: 434
Size:  1.79 MB

Comments

MumblesBadly: Good first step, but only addresses cardio. You should get a Bowflex machine. You can ripped using one properly.

splitthis: 4 months too late, but A for effort.

Load Metric
    https://www.topfitnessmag.com/rowing...-rower-review/

Not that relevant in this thread, but I have been using rower along with treadmill and free weights. I try and do 20 minutes on the rower and really works on the abs lost a few inches in the gut.

Load Metric
    This COVID-19 pandemic has had the unintended consequence of showing how a much more dangerous virus has spread throughout the US.

(Wondering which political party those particular virus carriers support.)
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    This thread is shameful.

Where is the 429 page thread on the greatest virus of all time, the virus of systematic racism.

But I digress. Reading through this entire thread I have not seen one post on how Covid-19 (the official name, my fellow posters) disproportionately affects our African-American community (ie: our brothers and sisters of color).

Shameful.

Thread Information