Page 168 of 179 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,360 of 3569

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

  1. #3341
    Silver
    Reputation
    84
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    852
    Apparently lol wow is a poser. Feels bad man.

  2. #3342
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5798
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    26,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    it's funny how people say China's number is fugazi when so many Americans are being refused tests even though they have all the symptoms.

    yeah, China's numbers are likely fucked. Guess what: so are ours.

    also ridiculous that people argue about the deathrate when the fact is that hospitals in areas with large outbreaks are already reaching their breaking points in some cases, already running out of beds for EVERYONE, not just covid patients. Docs and nurses coming down with the disease makes a dire situation even worse. When all the beds are filled, people are gonna be dying of all sorts of things not even related to covid-19. And we got weeks and weeks of escalating numbers ahead of us.

    NYC expects to run out of intensive care beds by Friday.

    But its not as bad as everyone says LOL fuckoff

    you know me and how i feel about all this im sure but there is no comparison between the level of opacity in china and our numbers.

    china lost 21 million cell phone subscribers and its virtually illegal to not own a cell phone in china.

    a _lot_ of people died in china.

     
    Comments
      
      Shizzmoney: whoa
      
      Crowe Diddly: If we had a billion and a half people and 2 more months of deaths, I have no doubt we would be in the same general boat.
      
      Sanlmar: Can’t rep this enuff
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  3. #3343
    Gold MrTickle's Avatar
    Reputation
    381
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,451
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:

    I guessing adding Russia to the top of that list fairly soon, even though Russians are generally pretty standoffish on a regular day. there transit system is generally crowded, other public services are rarely paperless and not a lot of credit cards taken or used, huge population of smokers and excessive drinkers many small local pubs not as clean as you may hope/expect.

    Life time appointment king of Russia.
    This is bollocks. Russia is a very online society. All government stuff is done online. They've had PIN cards for over a decade. Contactless cards for ages. All money is sent online via bank apps and has been for years and years. Alcoholism is WAY WAY down since fall of the soviet union. Have you ever been here?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    LOL @ trusting numbers from China. The US "passing" China means absolutely nothing. Russia also can't be trusted, for obvious reasons.
    Russian numbers are way lower than reality, but it's due to lack of testing rather than lies. Plus, Russia has had strong measures since late Jan/early Feb when USA was still asleep. It's not being dealt with very well here at all, don't get me wrong, but still better than the US.

  4. #3344
    wait mr. tickle lives in russia?

     
    Comments
      
      MrTickle: lol

  5. #3345
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    it's funny how people say China's number is fugazi when so many Americans are being refused tests even though they have all the symptoms.

    yeah, China's numbers are likely fucked. Guess what: so are ours.

    also ridiculous that people argue about the deathrate when the fact is that hospitals in areas with large outbreaks are already reaching their breaking points in some cases, already running out of beds for EVERYONE, not just covid patients. Docs and nurses coming down with the disease makes a dire situation even worse. When all the beds are filled, people are gonna be dying of all sorts of things not even related to covid-19. And we got weeks and weeks of escalating numbers ahead of us.

    NYC expects to run out of intensive care beds by Friday.

    But its not as bad as everyone says LOL fuckoff
    you okay hun?

     
    Comments
      
      Crowe Diddly: I'm fine, guy who stands up for nothing.
      
      DirtyErnie: yawn

  6. #3346
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    it's funny how people say China's number is fugazi when so many Americans are being refused tests even though they have all the symptoms.

    yeah, China's numbers are likely fucked. Guess what: so are ours.

    also ridiculous that people argue about the deathrate when the fact is that hospitals in areas with large outbreaks are already reaching their breaking points in some cases, already running out of beds for EVERYONE, not just covid patients. Docs and nurses coming down with the disease makes a dire situation even worse. When all the beds are filled, people are gonna be dying of all sorts of things not even related to covid-19. And we got weeks and weeks of escalating numbers ahead of us.

    NYC expects to run out of intensive care beds by Friday.

    But its not as bad as everyone says LOL fuckoff
    Of course both the Chinese numbers and American numbers are fugazi. What is more important is why. The American phony numbers are a result of a health system that has been overwhelmed and unprepared to deal with an imported pandemic. This has been exacerbated by a mostly incompetent political administration in Washington who seem hell bent to minimize the damage whatever the reality in the streets.

    The Chinese numbers are a deliberate attempt to minimize their responsibility for causing this pandemic. If the mainstream media continues to use these numbers, the CCP will have the cover it needs not to make changes to their food supply and there will be another Chinese pandemic in a few years.

     
    Comments
      
      Crowe Diddly: The US numbers are also a deliberate attempt to minimize OUR responsibility for extending this pandemic. Both govs are deliberately fucking the numbers, and ours is doing it for Trump re-election reasons. Tell me I'm wrong pls.
      
      JimmyG_415: Fox news BS/How is it on the health system if they don't have tests? Wearing Trach bags, as Trump F'ed up on that, too.

  7. #3347
    I would love to see South Park's episode on this.


    Should be pandem-onium.
    It is in my bones which sucks so can make it hard to move sometimes. Trying to spend as much time with friends and family.

  8. #3348
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCommode View Post
    f course both the Chinese numbers and American numbers are fugazi. What is more important is why. The American phony numbers are a result of a health system that has been overwhelmed and unprepared to deal with an imported pandemic. This has been exacerbated by a mostly incompetent political administration in Washington who seem hell bent to minimize the damage whatever the reality in the streets.

    The Chinese numbers are a deliberate attempt to minimize their responsibility for causing this pandemic. If the mainstream media continues to use these numbers, the CCP will have the cover it needs not to make changes to their food supply and there will be another Chinese pandemic in a few years.
    The American refusal to use available testing to people who clearly show all the signs of covid-19 are no different than the Chinese fudging of numbers, and its disingenuous to claim otherwise, IMO. The federal government has set clear guidelines on who to test and who not to test given available resources, and those with all the symptoms are, over and over again, denied available tests. Even people who died as a direct result of covid-19 aren't being tested, so as to keep the death toll down. This is a fact. Tests are available for this purpose, but they are not being used for this purpose.

    The inability to get tested starts at the December 2019 meeting just before Christmas where the president was told exactly what was going on in China so far and the obvious eventuality of what was going to happen around the world. People crow about 'nobody knew what was going to happen,' except everything that has happened has happened according to the pandemic numbers that many, many people had warned about in recent years. The inherent threat was why the last administration created a new branch of govt to specifically address pandemics, but Trump closed shop on that a few years ago, because he closed everything Obama opened, because that's what Trump does. That's not even arguable.

    Our government was offered a massive amount of tests from the WHO when this shit first started getting out of control, but we refused them, so we could come up with our own. Think about that shit for a second. We were given the option of fully operational, known to be accurate tests, developed by Germany I think, but we passed them up, so we could come up with our own. That's a decision that kills people. There's no real argument there. We could have gotten ahead of the thing, but we (by executive decision) got behind the thing, and denied the thing the entire time. We started making tests MONTHS after we could have started. We could have had the South Korea response, hell, he could have had the best response in the world given our resources, but we did not and we do not.

    Do you know how many tests we could have by the end of the month if the president did the right thing and declared it to be the emergency that it is, and used his powers appropriately? We would have had MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF TESTS by now. If we had tests, we would have the correct numbers. If we had the right numbers, people would realize the threat that we actually have. Hell, the pres won't even use his powers to get ventilators to hospitals that need them, nevermind tests.

    Bitch about China all you want, this event was foreseen, it was planned for, those plans were torn to shreds and no new plans were made, and now the federal government talks about re-opening everything when everything should be closing.

    At this moment, our federal government is handling this threat no better than the Chinese government, and the case can easily be made that we are making it way worse.

     
    Comments
      
      dwai: tilting your face off
      
      BCR:
      
      DirtyErnie: PFA's Best
      
      JimmyG_415: John Commode is 100% wrong, if US priovided tests from WHO, then he could blame Obama. But this is on Trump
      
      splitthis: Offset
      
      MumblesBadly: Re refusing new test of novel viral threat: Same thing happened with HIV test under Reagan, and was for monetary purposes so that a US scientist could claim a patent on the exact same test before the the French.
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 03-26-2020 at 08:08 PM.

  9. #3349
    weird how the Don't Worry About It guy isn't taking this seriously.

    its almost like he never says anything of value about anything.

     
    Comments
      
      dwai: almost getting it, still tilting
      
      Sheesfaced: Offset
      
      splitthis: Offset

  10. #3350
    Silver
    Reputation
    84
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    852
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    f course both the Chinese numbers and American numbers are fugazi. What is more important is why. The American phony numbers are a result of a health system that has been overwhelmed and unprepared to deal with an imported pandemic. This has been exacerbated by a mostly incompetent political administration in Washington who seem hell bent to minimize the damage whatever the reality in the streets.

    The Chinese numbers are a deliberate attempt to minimize their responsibility for causing this pandemic. If the mainstream media continues to use these numbers, the CCP will have the cover it needs not to make changes to their food supply and there will be another Chinese pandemic in a few years.
    The American refusal to use available testing to people who clearly show all the signs of covid-19 are no different than the Chinese fudging of numbers, and its disingenuous to claim otherwise, IMO. The federal government has set clear guidelines on who to test and who not to test given available resources, and those with all the symptoms are, over and over again, denied available tests. Even people who died as a direct result of covid-19 aren't being tested, so as to keep the death toll down. This is a fact. Tests are available for this purpose, but they are not being used for this purpose.

    The inability to get tested starts at the December 2019 meeting just before Christmas where the president was told exactly what was going on in China so far and the obvious eventuality of what was going to happen around the world. People crow about 'nobody knew what was going to happen,' except everything that has happened has happened according to the pandemic numbers that many, many people had warned about in recent years. The inherent threat was why the last administration created a new branch of govt to specifically address pandemics, but Trump closed shop on that a few years ago, because he closed everything Obama opened, because that's what Trump does. That's not even arguable.

    Our government was offered a massive amount of tests from the WHO when this shit first started getting out of control, but we refused them, so we could come up with our own. Think about that shit for a second. We were given the option of fully operational, known to be accurate tests, developed by Germany I think, but we passed them up, so we could come up with our own. That's a decision that kills people. There's no real argument there. We could have gotten ahead of the thing, but we (by executive decision) got behind the thing, and denied the thing the entire time. We started making tests MONTHS after we could have started. We could have had the South Korea response, hell, he could have had the best response in the world given our resources, but we did not and we do not.

    Do you know how many tests we could have by the end of the month if the president did the right thing and declared it to be the emergency that it is, and used his powers appropriately? We would have had MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF TESTS by now. If we had tests, we would have the correct numbers. If we had the right numbers, people would realize the threat that we actually have. Hell, the pres won't even use his powers to get ventilators to hospitals that need them, nevermind tests.

    Bitch about China all you want, this event was foreseen, it was planned for, those plans were torn to shreds and no new plans were made, and now the federal government talks about re-opening everything when everything should be closing.

    At this moment, our federal government is handling this threat no better than the Chinese government, and the case can easily be made that we are making it way worse.
    Why did you quote me here dog? This isn't my shit.

     
    Comments
      
      Crowe Diddly: All apologies, no idea how that happened, other than alcohol being involved

  11. #3351
    Gold Salty_Aus's Avatar
    Reputation
    201
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Gold Coast, QLD, Australia
    Posts
    1,265
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    it's funny how people say China's number is fugazi when so many Americans are being refused tests even though they have all the symptoms.

    yeah, China's numbers are likely fucked. Guess what: so are ours.

    also ridiculous that people argue about the deathrate when the fact is that hospitals in areas with large outbreaks are already reaching their breaking points in some cases, already running out of beds for EVERYONE, not just covid patients. Docs and nurses coming down with the disease makes a dire situation even worse. When all the beds are filled, people are gonna be dying of all sorts of things not even related to covid-19. And we got weeks and weeks of escalating numbers ahead of us.

    NYC expects to run out of intensive care beds by Friday.

    But its not as bad as everyone says LOL fuckoff

    you know me and how i feel about all this im sure but there is no comparison between the level of opacity in china and our numbers.

    china lost 21 million cell phone subscribers and its virtually illegal to not own a cell phone in china.

    a _lot_ of people died in china.
    Have you thought there might be a logical reason for the drop in mobile phone customers?
    Like folks who are in lockdown who don't need a second work phone, or can't go to their usual shop to recharge their account... or simply can't afford it with no work.
    Millions dead in China is ridiculous. There are numerous international organisations in the country and they could not hide such a huge amount of dead.

  12. #3352
    .
    Last edited by Gordman; Yesterday at 06:55 AM.

  13. #3353
    Gold
    Reputation
    468
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Zipolite
    Posts
    2,042
    The plumes of sulphur tho

  14. #3354
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5798
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    26,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post


    you know me and how i feel about all this im sure but there is no comparison between the level of opacity in china and our numbers.

    china lost 21 million cell phone subscribers and its virtually illegal to not own a cell phone in china.

    a _lot_ of people died in china.
    Have you thought there might be a logical reason for the drop in mobile phone customers?
    Like folks who are in lockdown who don't need a second work phone, or can't go to their usual shop to recharge their account... or simply can't afford it with no work.
    Millions dead in China is ridiculous. There are numerous international organisations in the country and they could not hide such a huge amount of dead.

    it was an article that made the rounds and all the alternative theories have been debunked, its out there and can be googled.

    the company has never reported a drop in subscribers before, etc etc, its a huge fucking mess.

    also before you scoff and say its impossible, china walled off an area the size of washington state and let it burn out.

    really, stop and think about that. imagine trump sealing off washington state, going door to door, welding shut apartments that have a sick person in them, regardless of how many other family members were in there.

    they bought us time with that.

     
    and, because the republicans dont believe in science, we squandered it. true story.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  15. #3355
    Gold
    Reputation
    468
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Zipolite
    Posts
    2,042
    Nothing would shock me re: China

    I mean if you told me the govt filmed a 12 part miniseries of the real life Purge I'd probably believe you.

  16. #3356
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4860
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    34,489
    Blog Entries
    2
    Crowe, you are ascribing the most sinister of sinister motives to the US government because Trump is the one in charge.

    In the early stages of this, before Trump (and many others, including on the left) understood the full seriousness of the situation, he was trying to keep the numbers low, for the reasons you say. For example, he was reportedly concerned that if the Grand Princess disembarked in the US, it would raise the number of US cases, and he didn't want that. This was back when he thought the whole thing might pass without becoming a big deal. I'm not defending those actions, but just stating that they were taken at a different time of the crisis.

    Now that it's become abundantly clear that this isn't going to pass easily, Trump has no reason to suppress testing. In fact, as stated many times, the lack of testing causes death and hospitalization rates to appear HIGHER, thus scaring people even further. The best case scenario for Trump right now would be to be able to test every American, and show that the percentage being hospitalized is low, and the percentage of those dying is even lower. The time for "keeping the numbers down" is long past. Now people are looking for hope that this virus isn't a death sentence for them if they catch it.

    John Commode is correct. The reason that testing isn't occurring at the rate it should is because of lack of tests. The refusal to test certain people has been out of concern in some localities that they will run out of tests, so they set unreasonable stringent standards as to who can "qualify" for a test. This isn't some grand conspiracy to artificially hold numbers down. It's just good ol' fashioned government incompetence, mostly due to the lack of tests available compared to the number of Americans that want to be tested.

    China is a different story. They are an authoritarian regime which is known for suppressing unflattering information. They need to keep the seriousness of the situation under wraps, for their economy's sake. This is especially true because of how many countries have come to count on them for their supply chain. The sooner things are "okay" in China, the better their economy fares. If more people die, so what? The people have always been expendable there.

    There's no comparison between the two governments.

     
    Comments
      
      JimmyG_415: What a bunch of Fox News Propoganda. Hostpitals have trucks out front to freeze bodies. Just a blip.
      
      Sloppy Joe: 'Authoritarian regime trying to suppress information' is the MAGA playbook. Cult babble

  17. #3357
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000X...b_b_prod_image

    Toilet paper in bulk currently available with prime shipping.

  18. #3358
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4860
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    34,489
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnP View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000X...b_b_prod_image

    Toilet paper in bulk currently available with prime shipping.
    I got excited until I clicked and saw the giant industrial-sized roll, used in public stalls. I might as well buy sandpaper and use that to wipe my ass.

  19. #3359
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5798
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    26,216
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Nothing would shock me re: China

    I mean if you told me the govt filmed a 12 part miniseries of the real life Purge I'd probably believe you.

    i mean, thing is, it kinda worked apparently?

    like it might have seriously been the least destructive option on the table.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  20. #3360
    Gold
    Reputation
    468
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Zipolite
    Posts
    2,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnP View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000X...b_b_prod_image

    Toilet paper in bulk currently available with prime shipping.
    I got excited until I clicked and saw the giant industrial-sized roll, used in public stalls. I might as well buy sandpaper and use that to wipe my ass.
    https://www.amazon.com/Sandpaper-Aut.../dp/B01HBJ8Y00

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 30 users browsing this thread. (4 members and 26 guests)

  1. adamantium,
  2. gut,
  3. Shizzmoney,
  4. Sloppy Joe

Similar Threads

  1. Going to kill the next person...
    By SetofKs in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-19-2018, 01:05 AM
  2. DID BOVADA JUST KILL ALL LHE ABOVE 3-6?
    By SetofKs in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-05-2018, 05:55 PM
  3. So if you were going to kill yourself...
    By BetCheckBet in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-06-2017, 12:28 AM
  4. Kill this whitey
    By Pooh in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 03-30-2014, 04:13 PM
  5. KILL WILL
    By Yebsite in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 05:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •