Page 101 of 946 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201601 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 18903

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    so its been 10 years since we did the 64 hottest women bracket at borispoker.com? shall we....??

lets go, who is gonna spearcreep this for us

Diamond
    Load Metric
    was that a 4dragons operation??

Diamond
    Load Metric
    indianaslim

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post

Uhh no. Negative interest rates. People in BTC world been talking about that shit for years.
    You going to lecture us again about being an "early adopter" of Bitcoin? LOL, you maybe held on to .05 of a bitcoin. Real Talk, go away.
    Yawn. If you left the world, I don't think the world would miss much. You are so incredibly miserable.

This is basically the dream scenario of the BTC droolers. 0 interest - next step negative interest rates. Literally the average person has never really conceived of such a thing.

Load Metric
    sonatine. are we all gonna die dude?

Load Metric
    I swear to god this fkn guy is illiterate

Load Metric
    id rather be illiterate than be a doon koon who has to pay for pussy

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    You realize ftp has a dupe where he constantly shit posts partisan babble like this right?

Quote Originally Posted by PuppyMonkeyBaby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Wars View Post

Going the other way might just be a problem soon too:

https://www.macleans.ca/opinion/will...united-states/

How far behind is their (US) testing? As of yesterday (March 12), Canada had conducted over a thousand more tests than the United States, and we are one-tenth the size. As a result of testing and other measures, the growth rate of the virus is substantially lower in Canada, increasing at a rate of under 20 per cent per day. By comparison, in the U.S. confirmed cases are growing at an average rate of 40 per cent over the last seven days. In one analysis of WHO data, Canada is doubling the number of infected every six days, while the US is doing so every two days. They are on track to reach Italian levels of infection within the next two weeks.

Way to go Trump, non-socialized health care, general boon-fucking-doggery.
    Anybody notice that the largest outbreaks are in states run by Democrats and notable for Sanctuary City policies??? Meanwhile here in AZ where we had one of the first cases at all we've only hit 10 total (and 5 of those haven't been entirely confirmed by the CDC)… Things that make you go hmmmm.. The testing issue is being resolved so simmer down.. Private labs are now finally able to start processing the tests where they couldn't before it wasn't so much a lack of test kits (somewhat but not the leading cause) but sheer lack of processing ability at state labs and the CDC.. Now that major labs like Quest and LabCorp can do testing (was basically a simple ability to reprogram PCR DNA testing equipment that already does FLU swabs and such) itll exponentially increase.. Hell my PCP told me a couple days ago my only option to get tested was go to the damn ER if I needed testing now a couple days later by Monday that wont be needed
    So yes, I'm pretty sure he was trolling him.
    admittedly I was being lazy because I hadn't logged into this account for awhile now after the whole fiasco with C$ and such and for some reason my browser auto entered this accounts information instead of my normal.. I did use PMB as kinda a counterpoint account where I actually played Devils advocate on some political shit almost sounded like a liberal at times (if you look back at some older posting it was clear I was trying to sound like a liberal) but since I exposed my dupe account it became pointless to post shit I didn't really believe politically hence why I hadn't used the account.. PMB coming back from the dead was kinda an accident due to my browser more then anything.. So doubt youll see him much anymore no real reason since everybody knows its me FTP

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

It was a question just because they claimed they were going to pay those who were quarantined Im well aware of what being an IC means. Now I can report Lyft did in fact pay me avg 2 weeks of my pay with them this morning and it seems Uber is going to be doing the same for drivers after this mornings emails they sent to everybody. I’m far from a snowflake and while I’m free market I also believe both companies are riding a razor thin edge on the whole independent contractor issue since they are the ones setting our rates we are paid. We aren’t free to set our own rates as any IC should be able to and they recently cut pay with Uber again here claiming they were raising pay in the city center except it was a lie downtown Phoenix and the airport is actually being paid less per min then before. I’m working on an exit strategy that ironically I may have enough time to get in place while I’m stuck at home for the next two weeks.
    Come on man, did you not inflate that coronavirus temperature just to get a little extra? Seriously, you looked on a website saw the angle shoot and cashed a little in, correct? And look I am not trying to discredit you, I might start going outside and collapsing if it means some $$$$.
    Couldn't affect the temp check at the ER man they use a temporal thermometer for that shit.. No I legit had a temp and Ive had one bouncing around 100 then back down to high 98.8 or so sometimes even normal for me which is closer to 97.8/98.0 always ran lower temp then supposed avg and they've now admitted that the 98.6 is probably wrong based on studies over time that humans body temps have lowered slightly which could be also an underlying explanation also why obesity rates are up its as if overall metabolism rates have dropped over the past 100yrs or so..

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

However, this doesn't apply to areas of southern CA which are not LA city, of which there are many.

The below map shows LA city neighborhoods in various colors, and the flat pea-green color in the rest of the map is the non-LA portion.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppyMonkeyBaby View Post

Come on man, did you not inflate that coronavirus temperature just to get a little extra? Seriously, you looked on a website saw the angle shoot and cashed a little in, correct? And look I am not trying to discredit you, I might start going outside and collapsing if it means some $$$$.
    Couldn't affect the temp check at the ER man they use a temporal thermometer for that shit.. No I legit had a temp and Ive had one bouncing around 100 then back down to high 98.8 or so sometimes even normal for me which is closer to 97.8/98.0 always ran lower temp then supposed avg and they've now admitted that the 98.6 is probably wrong based on studies over time that humans body temps have lowered slightly which could be also an underlying explanation also why obesity rates are up its as if overall metabolism rates have dropped over the past 100yrs or so..

Lol at that big time.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    He's correct that body temperatures have dropped over time. The average is no longer 98.6 for healthy human beings.

However, if you aren't breaking 100 degrees and frequently showing up under 99, you probably don't have coronavirus.

Load Metric
    Interesting.

Copper kills coronavirus. Why aren’t our surfaces covered in it?

Civilizations have recognized copper’s antimicrobial properties for centuries. It’s time to bring the material back.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90476550...covered-in-it?

Load Metric
    We have 60 some reported deaths and 3800 reported cases.

Best estimates are we have at least 10x that many cases (I happen to think we probably have 50x that many cases). That puts the actual death rate much, much lower.

I think we will find it kills something like 2% of old people and basically zero young people except the rare underlying condition case. I would be shocked if death rate is above .3 or .4%.

Hopefully as testing ramps we see this play out and people calm down.

Load Metric
    These numbers should increase.

Even if the numbers decrease, are they going to lift the quarantine anytime soon? Probably Not.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    We have 60 some reported deaths and 3800 reported cases.

Best estimates are we have at least 10x that many cases (I happen to think we probably have 50x that many cases). That puts the actual death rate much, much lower.

I think we will find it kills something like 2% of old people and basically zero young people except the rare underlying condition case. I would be shocked if death rate is above .3 or .4%.

Hopefully as testing ramps we see this play out and people calm down.
    South Korea, which has much better testing than pretty much everywhere else, the fatality rate is under 1%. And they are probably still missing a significant amount of people. So yeah, you are probably right. Of course these numbers are probably also assuming an ability to get competent medical care if a case is serious, which is questionable on a good day for most Americans, and not going to happen in the middle of the pandemic.

Load Metric
    lest we forget, we probably clocked a bunch of c19 deaths as flu because we had loltests that were defective and/or didnt exist.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    lest we forget, we probably clocked a bunch of c19 deaths as flu because we had loltests that were defective and/or didnt exist.
    But is South Korea?

I acknowledge that our numbers are straight LOL funny numbers. But a lot of countries with a lot more competent medical systems than ours are reporting death rates well under 1%.

In the Diamond Princess cruise, which was an isolated population where almost everyone was tested, there wasn't a single fatality under age 70, and the overall fatality rate was 1% (although it may rise slightly, not every case has been resolved) despite the age distribution on the cruise skewing very high.

Here is a pretty good pre-print looking at the cruise demographics.
    https://cmmid.github.io/topics/covid...estimates.html

Platinum
    Load Metric
    At the hospital my wife works at, they had a 80 year old women who had a heart attack at home come in and die in the ER there. They tested her posthumously and she was positive. Her husband says she was asymptomatic as far as he knew although she was already in poor health. Does this even count as a COVID-19 death? Hard to tell.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Wars View Post
    My prediction: this peaks on Feb 24, 2020. But it doesn't go away and stays stubbornly high for a while. It will see flare-ups, a lot of beauracratic bumbling and go on for months and months and months. Perhaps years. Eventually it'll be gone and come back in a few years after that.

Thanks for your time.
    I have to create this post if I wish to be able to continue to write on this site with any sort or legitimacy:

I WAS WRONG.

Boy oh boy, and how badly.

Here goes my best attempt at a Druff style "But I would have been right if it wasn't for those damn Scooby Kids" explanation though:

When I wrote this I SERIOUSLY BELIEVED the virus could/would be contained within the Far East. That is my only bad. But it's a big one. If in fact it had been contained in the far east, my prediction would have been wrong too --- since this peaked about February 19th (5 days earlier than I predicted in China).

Most likely, if leaders had the 20/20 hindsight with what is happening right now in the REST-OF-WORLD, they would have Quadrupled and Qunitupled down on ALL measures around this time in February and there would have been containment.

But I was wrong. 100% wrong. I should have know it was impossible for leaders to do this without seeing what we are seeing now.

Thread Information