Page 176 of 946 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186226276676 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,520 of 18915

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Tickle, you're not from this country, so you may not know this, but Urgent Care is the nut low of healthcare in the US, especially in places like Lancaster, CA.

I personally know several people who were misdiagnosed or had some other horrible experience at Urgent Care.

Even though it seems like it to an outsider, this death wasn't related to a lack of affordability of healthcare in the US. The kid should have been treated regardless. The death occurred for two reasons:

1) Urgen Care sucks, especially the particular one he visited

2) His parents shouldn't have fucked around, and just took him to an ER, where they are required to treat him even if he admits he's flat broke and will never pay them

Comments

donkdowndonedied: Avoid urgent care. Go to ER. Druff is right. It is consistently a joke to milk $$

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I can't stress this enough. Urgent Care is for SIMPLE things which are obvious and don't need an intelligent doctor.

For example, if your kid has a obvious ear infection at 8pm, it's fine to go to Urgent Care to have his ears checked and get prescribed antibiotics, so the kid doesn't have to suffer another 12+ hours until you get into the regular doctor the next day.

But anything serious or hard to figure out should NOT be left in the hands of urgent care. Either wait to see your regular doctor, or if it really is an urgent matter, go to the ER.

Comments

donkdowndonedied: 100% this. I was really fucked over by urgent care misdiagnosis.

Load Metric
    You're not giving me much faith in your healthcare system, Druff. Seems like a bit of a lottery. Nobody should die because they can't afford to go to a better clinic.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Hate to say it, but Druff is correct in this case.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    You're not giving me much faith in your healthcare system, Druff. Seems like a bit of a lottery. Nobody should die because they can't afford to go to a better clinic.
    MT,

This is a rare occasion that I agree with Druff re how medical care works in the the US. An example of how bad some urgent care “doctors” can be, one once told me that to seek care from the emergency room if the blood pressure medication she prescribed me didn’t make me “feel better”.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Lots of people in my neighborhood are complaining on Nextdoor about calling all day to try and make an appointment at the walk in testing center they just set up near by (Most people don't own a car around me, and the few that do are likely gone). Apparently there isn't even a recorded message. It just rings infinitely.

At this point, I really don't see why anyone that's been self quarantined would go to one of those places. All you're doing is blowing all the effort you put into not catching or infecting anyone else.

If you're sick, only play is to tough it out till you can't and then go to the ER.

I wonder if they'll find a bunch of people dead in their apartments from this.

Load Metric

FAKE NEWS STRIKES AGAIN

Load Metric
    Had a huge project almost finished. If you can remember I had one guy do an appraisal of lol 3500 for a master bedroom and 6500 for entrance way and he didn't even include upstairs hallway.we got a guy who worked for 200 a day 8am to 4pm highly recommended . He did a really awesome job. It took him 4 days for the bedroom and 8 days for the hallway 2 with a friend of his.He changed a few doors and installed a door in the back. So the guy did the master for 800 and 1900 for hallway. He called today said can't chance coming in because of the epidemic. 200 a day is a steal though. It was also a ton of work had to scrape the doors top to bottom as well as in bedroom and hallway.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Had a huge project almost finished. If you can remember I had one guy do an appraisal of lol 3500 for a master bedroom and 6500 for entrance way and he didn't even include upstairs hallway.we got a guy who worked for 200 a day 8am to 4pm highly recommended . He did a really awesome job. It took him 4 days for the bedroom and 8 days for the hallway 2 with a friend of his.He changed a few doors and installed a door in the back. So the guy did the master for 800 and 1900 for hallway. He called today said can't chance coming in because of the epidemic. 200 a day is a steal though. It was also a ton of work had to scrape the doors top to bottom as well as in bedroom and hallway.

Bet that one guy who put in the first bid wished he was reasonable and had your business now.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

Bet that one guy who put in the first bid wished he was reasonable and had your business now.
    I thought he didn't want the job because overbid it by so much. He was serious and followed up actually surprised we didn't take him. Its nice to have that job almost finised.

Load Metric
    If he has a SSN he'll be making more in unemployment benefits.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Up 15.6% over the past 3 months. Thanks for asking.

Reading the money bill, and I just want to clarify. If you are unemployed because of corona, you get unemployment--even if you didn't qualify regularly... AND $600 a week for 16 weeks?

Also, is this money being taxed?

I might have to ask to get fired cause I for sure ain't making any commission the next 4 months and I might as well continue to generate revenue elsewhere.

No one cut's OSA's salary.

Anyone have clarification?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post

I'm legit stunned as to how ignorant you are with this whole deal.

If this were sone random pfa poster, I would consider the source.

But I just cannot believe you are this ignorant here.

As someone who is supposedly analytical when making a decision & statement, it is beyond me how you can be this ignorant.

That hurts man, cuts deep. On one hand I read that and it made my day then suddenly your disappointment in me brought me down hard.

I understand fully the virus is real, needs containing and yes action is required. I just wish those actions were more along the lines of wash hands, don't touch face, self quarantine if returning from X, stay away from the elderly or compromised people, be courteous when you cough, sneeze etc

This grand over reaction of out doing the next in terms of actions and shut downs for a virus that kills a literal .000001 or less of otherwise healthy or younger folks is mind boggling.

Why do we see higher numbers in places like Italy or Spain, many factors but close quarter living, family togetherness, ignorance etc but I think each geographical landscape needs to differ reacting to containment.

On a side note Ive been stuck at home for 2 weeks now and am a little frustrated. I lined up (relatively close) with people to buy groceries this week on the sidewalk for 30 minutes and walked by a 2 foot plastic shield that protects a cashier (laughable) all to have the guy opening the door cough on me as I walked by. This is a literal joke. These measures do not replace common courteous and hand washing/no face touching. I could ramble on but logic is not part of this plan as much as panic is.
    saying "i get that the virus is real and we need to do something" while at the same time saying, "we need to implement measures like being courteous when you cough" makes you sound like a legit retard. i think that's what gordman is trying to say.

you just simply don't believe the charts you're seeing. i don't know what else to say about this but you're an idiot.

if we go back to business as usual, as you're suggesting, thousands of people will die that didn't have to.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    If he has a SSN he'll be making more in unemployment benefits.
    Lol ,he only does it as a weekend gig works pretty much seven days a week. He wasn't needed for one full week by his boss just before corona blew up, so was happy he had us and vice versa. He got lunch also from us.

Load Metric
    notice the trump guys here ignore that trump flatout said we'd be down to 1 or 2 cases a month ago.

oh and Fox News Poll Shows Joe Biden CRUSHING Trump By 25 Points in Swing Counties

https://www.mediaite.com/news/fox-ne...wing-counties/

biden is a walking corpse at this point. great president, guys

Load Metric
    Russian PM just announced the entire border will be closed from March 30th. Great.

Load Metric

Reading the money bill, and I just want to clarify. If you are unemployed because of corona, you get unemployment--even if you didn't qualify regularly... AND $600 a week for 16 weeks?

I might have to ask to get fired cause I for sure ain't making any commission the next 4 months and I might as well continue to generate revenue elsewhere.

Anyone have clarification?
    Seems like you would get whatever amount you qualify for in New York and for the first 4 months you would get an additional $600 a month.

Yes it’s taxable.

https://news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-u...213542621.html

Load Metric
    Can’t imagine this is going to fly but I have a side huddle where I’m a contractor (handle the books) at a car dealership on top Of my full time job. The dealership has closed for the time being. Can I collect on that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post

That hurts man, cuts deep. On one hand I read that and it made my day then suddenly your disappointment in me brought me down hard.

I understand fully the virus is real, needs containing and yes action is required. I just wish those actions were more along the lines of wash hands, don't touch face, self quarantine if returning from X, stay away from the elderly or compromised people, be courteous when you cough, sneeze etc

This grand over reaction of out doing the next in terms of actions and shut downs for a virus that kills a literal .000001 or less of otherwise healthy or younger folks is mind boggling.

Why do we see higher numbers in places like Italy or Spain, many factors but close quarter living, family togetherness, ignorance etc but I think each geographical landscape needs to differ reacting to containment.

On a side note Ive been stuck at home for 2 weeks now and am a little frustrated. I lined up (relatively close) with people to buy groceries this week on the sidewalk for 30 minutes and walked by a 2 foot plastic shield that protects a cashier (laughable) all to have the guy opening the door cough on me as I walked by. This is a literal joke. These measures do not replace common courteous and hand washing/no face touching. I could ramble on but logic is not part of this plan as much as panic is.
    saying "i get that the virus is real and we need to do something" while at the same time saying, "we need to implement measures like being courteous when you cough" makes you sound like a legit retard. i think that's what gordman is trying to say.

you just simply don't believe the charts you're seeing. i don't know what else to say about this but you're an idiot.

if we go back to business as usual, as you're suggesting, thousands of people will die that didn't have to.
    Blake, which the more I say it blaaaaayk. Who names their kid Blake? Mildred and Reginald Snoflakski?

Any way, I like how you state if we get back to work thousands will die. Guess what happens if we don't. Cause and effect.

Why do I suddenly feel like I am talking to AOC.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I had a buddy text me this earlier. Just what did I think about arod and trump. I thought it had to be a typo. Then I assumed arod had criticized him for his response. It took me a minute to figure out he actually called arod for advice. Why I still can’t comprehend
    Because ARod was born in Puerto Rico & Trump goes out of his way to help Puerto Ricans.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: Tremendous
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric

you dont get unemployment if you leave a position voluntarily.

you should also, perhaps, consider what i told you about reputation in your current field of employment.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Thread Information