Page 436 of 945 FirstFirst ... 336386426432433434435436437438439440446486536936 ... LastLast
Results 8,701 to 8,720 of 18894

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    I’ve been a little hard on Daly & abrown. I see a post from them and I get annoyed. I expect more

Druff? Well, Druff is a Druff. I don’t expect more.

I can’t believe I’m dropping this quote

”One of the great liabilities of history is that all too many people fail to remain awake through great periods of social change. Every society has its protectors of status quo and its fraternities of the indifferent who are notorious for sleeping through revolutions. Today, our very survival depends on our ability to stay awake, to adjust to new ideas, to remain vigilant and to face the challenge of change.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
    Revolution is a little over the top. I did make the prediction for civil unrest following a stress like COVID around Feb 5th. I cited Hurricane Katrina as an example. Just on a larger scale.

We were on the gun sales months ago.

Thus Druff gets a tomato for failing to see the correlation in his lazy post above.. I digress.

I do know this: the world and people are always changing. Little remains the same. The greats are able to anticipate change. Most are lucky to spot change in real time. The rest clutch at status quo. This applies to all aspects of life.

You guys are the HODL’ers. The “we’ll hop right back on that cruise ship”. We will return to “normal” soon. Normal became history pal.

Try harder you guys. Change isn’t always bad. You really have no choice.

Comments

Crowe Diddly:

MumblesBadly: Solid gold!
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 07-05-2020 at 11:11 AM.

Load Metric
    I guess you get to pick and choose your “revolutions” Druff. Big social change brought about Trump & Bannon.

We move on.

History happens.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Does this mean that now it'll be socially acceptable for me to send an uber from a twink's high school to my place where he and his friend can smoke pot and I can fuck him while he sucks off his friend?

Is this behavior part of the revolution?

I am curious as to how many OnlyFans accounts have been made though in the past 3 months. I bet their userbase has doubled during this time.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    I’ve been a little hard on Daly & abrown. I see a post from them and I get annoyed. I expect more

”One of the great liabilities of history is that all too many people fail to remain awake through great periods of social change. Every society has its protectors of status quo and its fraternities of the indifferent who are notorious for sleeping through revolutions. Today, our very survival depends on our ability to stay awake, to adjust to new ideas, to remain vigilant and to face the challenge of change.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
    Revolution is a little over the top. I did make the prediction for civil unrest following a stress like COVID around Feb 5th. I cited Hurricane Katrina as an example. Just on a larger scale.

Thus Druff gets a tomato for failing to see the correlation in his lazy post above.. I digress.

I do know this: the world and people are always changing. Little remains the same. The greats are able to anticipate change. Most are lucky to spot change in real time. The rest clutch at status quo. This applies to all aspects of life.

You guys are the HODL’ers. The “we’ll hop right back on that cruise ship”. We will return to “normal” soon. Normal became history pal.

I am the HODL? Your position is to hide inside until everything gets better.

Mine is, human history is full of pandemics. The strong survive, we adapt and move on. Should we be reckless? Absolutely not! My position isn’t for things to get back to normal, my position is whether an at-risk person gets it now, in the winter or in two years they are dying. This idea that we can stop a pandemic, when the entirety of human history we haven’t shown that ability, is this classic sense of importance that we have.

If we have an actual pandemic and we only end up losing like 1%, that’s pretty fucking amazing and has a lot more to do with our immune systems and a lot less to do with staying inside, wearing a mask or ordering grocery delivery.

I am not promoting recklessness. Everyone has the chance to run bad. I think I am the person that has accepted the reality of the situation and most people are pretending that this is still fixable.

Comments

dwai: so much correctness in this post

splitthis: Got that shit right!

MumblesBadly: We HAVE stopped pandemics, you moron! This one happened to occur when the powerful one economically was being lead by an indifferent moron with enough idiotic sycophants working at key posts within the government to compound the stupidity.

Load Metric
    here fucking here, what happened to them?
    (Its just a rhetorical question, we all know the answer is Fox "news")

when did they decide science was BS?
    That 1% argument is BS, too.
    If it is was like you either die or you don't feel anything, than I could see using 1%
    Maybe not on Fox "news", but people are talking about this like its the worst thing they ever dealt with.
    I've never been to the hospital because I needed help breathing,

So you count those people (that got ambulance'd to the hospital) in the "mild" category
    & the jury is still out on Herd Immunity. Its not working good for Sweden.
    It is just a good word for selfish people.
    There is no proof you can't get it twice, the antibodies are disappearing w/in 4 months.

Why anyone would take medical advice from Political Pundits, that are pathological liars, is beyond me.
    Then again, they are both going to re-vote for a pathological liar, so ...............

COVID-19 Antibodies Can Disappear After 2-3 Months
    https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2020...ter-2-3-months

Sweden's prime minister orders an inquiry into the failure of the country's no-lockdown coronavirus strategy

https://www.businessinsider.com/swed...ockdown-2020-7

Comments

MumblesBadly: The willful ignorance is strong with the Trumpites.
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post
    here fucking here, what happened to them?
    (Its just a rhetorical question, we all know the answer is Fox "news")

when did they decide science was BS?
    That 1% argument is BS, too.
    If it is was like you either die or you don't feel anything, than I could see using 1%
    Maybe not on Fox "news", but people are talking about this like its the worst thing they ever dealt with.
    I've never been to the hospital because I needed help breathing,

So you count those people (that got ambulance'd to the hospital) in the "mild" category
    & the jury is still out on Herd Immunity. Its not working good for Sweden.
    It is just a good word for selfish people.
    There is no proof you can't get it twice, the antibodies are disappearing w/in 4 months.

Why anyone would take medical advice from Political Pundits, that are pathological liars, is beyond me.
    Then again, they are both going to re-vote for a pathological liar, so ...............

COVID-19 Antibodies Can Disappear After 2-3 Months
    https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2020...ter-2-3-months

Sweden's prime minister orders an inquiry into the failure of the country's no-lockdown coronavirus strategy

https://www.businessinsider.com/swed...ockdown-2020-7
    You know what’s selfish? Staying inside and expecting truck drivers, and a bunch of working class people to take care of you. That specifically targets brown and black people at a higher rate.

There’s another word for that, privilege. The Left loves to throw that word around, but they sure are willing to put a bunch of people at risk to protect themselves.

Comments

MumblesBadly: The more people stay inside until this virus is controlled, the safer us truckers are out here, you mong!!!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post

This idea that we can stop a pandemic, when the entirety of human history we haven’t shown that ability
    Malaria, Measles and likely few others.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post

This idea that we can stop a pandemic, when the entirety of human history we haven’t shown that ability
    Great examples

400,000 deaths per year and 75,000 deaths per year....with a long history.

Do you want to look at the death numbers for the first 10-20 years of outbreak?

Load Metric

Great examples

Well i'm not the one who said pandemics have never been stopped. So my job is kinda done here. It's not like these are some obscure facts that no one has ever heard of.

Load Metric

Great examples

Well i'm not the one who said pandemics have never been stopped. So my job is kinda done here. It's not like these are some obscure facts that no one has ever heard of.
    Soooooo your argument is we stay inside 20-25 years until we figure out how to stop it?

Are you saying there weren’t Malaria or Measles pandemics? And are you arguing that we stopped them? Cause the 100s of millions of deaths would like to argue otherwise.

Load Metric

Soooooo your argument is we stay inside 20-25 years until we figure out how to stop it?

Are you saying there weren’t Malaria or Measles pandemics? And are you arguing that we stopped them? Cause the 100s of millions of deaths would like to argue otherwise.
    gimmick and Jimmyg are parody accounts, they both are supreme morons on a grand scale, don't encourage them

Load Metric

So you think this argument, "This idea that we can stop a pandemic, when the entirety of human history we haven’t shown that ability" is ambiguous?

You can do your best to move the goal post, but if you have any intellectual honesty, you would conclude that the 1st world gives zero fucks about Malaria, Measles, Tuberculosis or Cholera just to name a few. All of them still exists in the 3rd world, but that has nothing to do with our ability to stop them either by vaccines, hygiene or treatment. We just don't.

I don't have any other arguments because i don't care. It's a very simple fact that we have stopped several pandemics.

Comments

big dick: facts don't mean a whole lot to these right wing people

Load Metric

So you think this argument, "This idea that we can stop a pandemic, when the entirety of human history we haven’t shown that ability" is ambiguous?

You can do your best to move the goal post, but if you have any intellectual honesty, you would conclude that the 1st world gives zero fucks about Malaria, Measles, Tuberculosis or Cholera just to name a few. All of them still exists in the 3rd world, but that has nothing to do with our ability to stop them either by vaccines, hygiene or treatment. We just don't.

I don't have any other arguments because i don't care. It's a very simple fact that we have stopped several pandemics.
    I am not moving the goal posts you just don’t understand your own point of view.

Your argument is we had a pandemic and then we figured out how to stop it much later. Unless your argument is something not factual, but I believe I summarized it correctly in that sentence.

So you would then concede we haven’t ever in human history stopped a pandemic, cause the pandemic happened right?

The same is true about COVID, you can hide inside all you want and yea maybe you will avoid the virus. The virus will run its course and the pandemic will happen regardless. People have to eat, pay for housing, etc. Surviving is in direct contrast to stopping the pandemic, hence why it won’t stop.

Load Metric
    We should be looking in the rear view mirror at the virus not getting punched in the face by it

thanks trump

Comments

OSA: we SHOULD also have gotten correct and prompt info from China and shouldnt have to deal with this to begin with duhhhh

MumblesBadly: Countering the red herring of “China shoulda told us sooner!”

Load Metric
    Hillary Clinton on Trump's handling of the coronavirus: 'I would have done a better job'

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/03/polit...recommendation

Hillary Clinton taunted President Donald Trump in an interview published on Friday, criticizing his handling of the coronavirus by saying that she -- as president -- would have done a better job handling the international pandemic.

The comment from a former rival, which came during a wide-ranging interview on a documentary released this year about Clinton's life, hits Trump on an issue that has depressed his reelection hopes and frustrated his administration.
    "We sure could have done a better job saving lives, modeling better, more responsible behavior," Clinton told The Hollywood Reporter's "Awards Chatter" podcast. "I don't think we necessarily should have had as deep an economic assault on livelihoods and jobs as we have. So I know I would have done a better job."
    Clinton said it was "frustrating to be on the sidelines in a pandemic," adding that while she is trying to do her part by speaking out and raising money, she feels like she could do more.
    The coronavirus pandemic has dominated the last four months of American life, including altering every aspect of the presidential campaign. Trump's campaign has struggled to forge on in the face of the pandemic and the economic downturn it caused. More than 2.7 million cases
    of Covid-19 have been confirmed in the United States, by far the most in the world, and more than 128,000 Americans have died.
    The former secretary of state and 2016 Democratic presidential nominee did not hide her disdain for Trump throughout the interview, calling him a "vindictive score-settler" and suggesting that the country is getting a good look at what it means to have a President who isn't prepared for the job.
    "Part of what he does in the way he lashes out is because, deep down, he knows the Russians helped him, despite his incredible efforts to deny it. He knows WikiLeaks helped him. He understands all of that," Clinton said. "He's a vindictive score-settler, and he doesn't want the legitimacy of his election ever to be questioned, although history will continue to question it."
    Clinton's latest round of interviews comes months after the release of "Hillary" and as the documentary begins to get awards consideration. The documentary, which looked at the sweep of Clinton's life over a four-part series, recently won The Critics Choice Association's award for best limited documentary series.
    Clinton was asked a number of questions about her life in the interview, where she said she finds it "impossible to answer" what her life would have been like if she didn't marry former President Bill Clinton and described her encounters with Trump before the 2016 election as "not very many and not of great moment, certainly not to me."
    But Clinton's most pointed comments came in response to questions about the tumult facing the country, both over the ongoing pandemic, the nation's reckoning with racism and police brutality, and the way voters and top companies are approaching the 2020 campaign.
    "We are divided by sources of information," Clinton said of Facebook and some companies pulling advertising from the site. "Facebook has to be held accountable because they trafficked in conspiracy, they trafficked in misinformation, they trafficked in Russian disinformation.
    She added: "They've got to be held accountable because we're going to have another election, and everybody should know what's at stake and then cast their vote accordingly."
    Clinton said she would not run for office again -- "Not in the cards" -- but did not dodge a question about whether she thinks she would beat Trump if she were running against him in 2020.
    "Yes," she said bluntly. "But I think people believe that this is a referendum on him."
    Paid Content

Comments

dwai: literally nobody cares what Hillary Clinton has to say about anything, she lost the election, remember?

Tellafriend: Or big bird for that matter. Dumbest poster here. Quite the feat.

Load Metric
    Fix your diet and body, save your life. It is no wonder this came along. 80% overweight, 40% obese, eating zero nutrition food has bit you on your fat ass.

Wake up or die America.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    when did this old booze hag become Jill Michaels?

Load Metric

I am not moving the goal posts you just don’t understand your own point of view.

Your argument is we had a pandemic and then we figured out how to stop it much later. Unless your argument is something not factual, but I believe I summarized it correctly in that sentence.

So you would then concede we haven’t ever in human history stopped a pandemic, cause the pandemic happened right?

The same is true about COVID, you can hide inside all you want and yea maybe you will avoid the virus. The virus will run its course and the pandemic will happen regardless. People have to eat, pay for housing, etc. Surviving is in direct contrast to stopping the pandemic, hence why it won’t stop.
    Saying that we haven't stopped a pandemic in 10-20 years is moving the goal post when the starting point was the entire human history.

My argument is that we have stopped several pandemics through out the human history.

Saying we haven't stopped pandemics because they exist, is same as saying we can't stop a car because cars exists. Just pure retardation. Incidentally we can't also stop all cars. Apparently you're fine just driving till the gas runs out. Also stopping something doesn't have a time limit.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Theres a festival in Pennsylvania thats going to take place next weekend. Interesting.

https://www.tixr.com/groups/elements...elements-18835

July 10th - 12th we’ll be hosting an intimate gathering of 250 people in the forest of Northeastern PA to give you a moment to relax, release, and remember that with music, art, & love we can come together and heal. It’s time to gather again and revive with the sounds of our Air and Water Stages.

In My Elements will focus on the spirit with rejuvenating outdoor activities, new magical stages, and of course a killer line up for you to dance under the open sky.

All tickets are just 10% down and include entrance to the retreat, a cabin bed, and COVID testing costs. If there's another lockdown, or the gathering is cancelled for any reason we will be issuing full, automatic refunds of all tickets and credit card fees, no questions asked.

The safety of our community is of the utmost importance. For the last 3 months we’ve worked with doctors and medical professionals to come up with testing protocols, and guest certifications based on CDC guidelines, where all guests, staff, and vendors will be required to participate in a 2-part COVID test prior to entry.

Past 1: Testing From Home

3-days prior to the retreat a PCR Active COVID-19 test, provided by Rapid Reliable Testing and Ambulnz, will be available at designated locations in NY, PA, and MA.

A nasal swab test will be administered by licensed medical technicians at locations provided.

Samples are brought back to a NY or NJ lab and results are delivered in 24-48 hours.

An infection mitigation coordinator is available to offer support and assistance.

Additionally, for a $51 surcharge, we can arrange for an at home mail in testing option provide by Vault Health.

Part 2: Onsite Testing

Testing will be administered by licensed medical technicians, with on-site medical services provided by ParaDocs.

Guests must arrive during their pre designated arrival window. Vehicles will be quarantined 20ft from each other while awaiting testing.

All guests will have their temperature taken and receive a nasal swab Active COVID-19 test.

Tests results will be given within 30 minutes to 1 hour of arrival on site.

Load Metric

Saying that we haven't stopped a pandemic in 10-20 years is moving the goal post when the starting point was the entire human history.

My argument is that we have stopped several pandemics through out the human history.

Saying we haven't stopped pandemics because they exist, is same as saying we can't stop a car because cars exists. Just pure retardation. Incidentally we can't also stop all cars. Apparently you're fine just driving till the gas runs out. Also stopping something doesn't have a time limit.
    God you're a fucking clueless idiot, how many times are you gonna get cornholed in an argument before you get a clue, faggot?

Thread Information