Page 299 of 946 FirstFirst ... 199249289295296297298299300301302303309349399799 ... LastLast
Results 5,961 to 5,980 of 18918

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

He's only the governor because he cheated. If the election had been conducted fairly the governor would be Stacy Abrams.
    Honestly it's hard to tell what really happened in Georgia, whether the erroneous flagging of certain voters as being "invalid" was on purpose or just government incompetence. The system had lots of known issues before this occurred. Furthermore, anyone who showed up at the polls anyway was able to vote, regardless of their status in the system.

Anyway, I am going on record saying that these reopenings are a mistake, and I've been consistent in my statements to this effect in the entire thread. I think that a reopening process should be phased and done slowly, and reevaluated every 3 weeks before reopening more.
    Can't top Crowe Diddly's response to this but I can add that elections should not be overseen by someone running in that same election.

Comments

JimmyG_415:

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric

Comments

JimmyG_415: Its is the only thing holding us back, is RW whak jobs, that 60% of this site watches.

Load Metric
    "It's amazing how much people want to get to work, they just -- they're dying to get back to work."-- Sean Hannity

Comments

JohnCommode: Sean's foot is as always firmly planted in his mouth.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    re: back to work

county & city governments are feeling the pinch caused by a drop off in sales tax revenue, which pays for a lot of public services -- public employee layoffs are coming

one hopes the economy revives before essential services such as ambulance, fire, police, street cleaning and road repair are significantly cut back

Comments

splitthis: Not if we keep hiding
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post

county & city governments are feeling the pinch caused by a drop off in sales tax revenue, which pays for a lot of public services -- public employee layoffs are coming

one hopes the economy revives before essential services such as ambulance, fire, police, street cleaning and road repair are significantly cut back
    Im actually bummed i have to work every day and every one around me is on a 3 month long government holiday hanging out working in there yards cleaning garages, week day sex. happy hour 3:00 every day.

I do have my employees coming in at 9 instead of 7 (no commute traffic) slightly shorter hours.
    kids have no school so i don't have to drive them every morning, they have online classes but generally don't do it. my son is in his room playing video games all day and night and daughter is literally smoking weed in her room, my wife finally told her to go out side to do it which is crazy to here her say that. she likely gets it from a girl across the lane she is 32 who lays in her back yard sun tanning every day so far.
    I need a new pair of salmon hiking shoes and want to try them on but all the fucking store are closed.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    And Nancy Pelosi is fucking blocking funding. I guarantee if Stanford University developed this drug it would be on the market now. Shame on you Nancy Pelosi. SHAME.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by David USF View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by David USF View Post

CDC director clarifies concerns over potential second wave of coronavirus

HuffPost US
    HAYLEY MILLER
    Apr 22nd 2020 7:01PM

The head of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Wednesday clarified comments he made to The Washington Post earlier this week about a potential second wave of the coronavirus later this year.

“I didn’t say that this was going to be worse, I said it was going to be more difficult and potentially complicated because we’ll have flu and coronavirus circulating at the same time,” CDC Director Robert Redfield said during Wednesday’s White House briefing.

“It doesn’t mean it’s going to be more impossible, doesn’t mean it’s going to be worse, it means it’s going to be more difficult because we’re going to have to distinguish between the two [viruses],” he continued.

While President Donald Trump repeatedly insisted the Post had “misquoted” Redfield, the CDC chief said he was only clarifying the story’s headline.

In its report Tuesday, titled “CDC director warns second wave of coronavirus is likely to be even more devastating,” the Post quoted Redfield as saying there’s “a possibility that the assault of the virus on our nation next winter will actually be even more difficult than the one we just went through.”

“When I’ve said this to others, they kind of put their head back, they don’t understand what I mean,” he continued, according to the Post. “We’re going to have the flu epidemic and the coronavirus epidemic at the same time.”

Several media outlets, including HuffPost, reported on the interview.

Trump tweeted earlier Wednesday that CNN “totally misquoted” Redfield. It’s unclear which CNN article Trump was referring to in his tweet or if he meant to reference the Post instead.

The White House declined HuffPost’s request for comment.

During an appearance Wednesday on Fox News, White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany accused the “mainstream media” of taking Redfield’s comments “out of context.”

“I was on the phone with him just before I walked out here,” McEnany said. “What he was trying to say was this: Everyone, get your flu shot. The flu comes back in the fall. Be smart, American people.”

“Leave it to CNN and some of the other networks to really take those comments out of context,” she added.

Kayleigh McEnany claims CNN and the other networks took Redfield’s comments out of context. She claims he was urging people to get their flu shots. pic.twitter.com/eDYKpmkEHB

— Acyn Torabi (@Acyn) April 22, 2020
    CNN reported on Redfield’s comments to the Post, publishing a story Tuesday titled “CDC chief says there could be second, possibly worse coronavirus outbreak this winter.”

The opening paragraph of the CNN report stated that “a second coronavirus outbreak could emerge this winter in conjunction with the flu season to make for an even more dire health crisis,” citing Redfield’s remarks.

Fox News also picked up Redfield’s interview with the Post, publishing a headline that essentially mirrored CNN’s. But neither Trump nor McEnany mentioned the network in their attacks on the media Wednesday.

If there is second wave it will be very mild. Do people remember in 2018 80,000 died in the US due to the flu? Do you people realize that, do yo?

Load Metric
    Massachusetts Gov Baker doing the COVID show at noon.

I am blown away by the massive rise in amputations.

The theme of the press conference was clearly “don’t delay”. Amputations , strokes, vision and other permanent damage caused by cardiovascular problems resulting from people waiting on virus treatment

Kind of a new take away

Fortunately, Boston is the medical center of the US. They want you to come in. They are not overwhelmed despite what you might see in other states

Boston Medical > baseball

Load Metric
    gild drug test tanked, to the surprise of no one whose been listening to me in the $ thread.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    gild drug test tanked, to the surprise of no one whose been listening to me in the $ thread.
    I never ever ever play drug gambles. Always very dumb public action. You wanna ride some stupid momo for 15 minutes - fine.

You will nearly always get stung. I learned this back during the Martha Stewart drug stock era.

Can’t remember why pharma was the momo sector at the time but everyone was playing and dying, including me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    I never ever ever play drug gambles. Always very dumb public action. You wanna ride some stupid momo for 15 minutes - fine.

You will nearly always get stung. I learned this back during the Martha Stewart drug stock era.

Can’t remember why pharma was the momo sector at the time but everyone was playing and dying, including me.

punch line is apparently WHO accidentally released the report. honestly how fucking shady is this shit going to get.

Load Metric
    is mushatine at it again in the markets

ur welcs for my decn play though UR WELCS

Load Metric
    also get out of decn today were getting wrecked yall

Platinum
    Load Metric
    California gonna go back to December to investigate deaths.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/calif...ses-discovered

Load Metric

punch line is apparently WHO accidentally released the report. honestly how fucking shady is this shit going to get.
    For fun later we can look at timing of that WHO report against the intraday chart.

More than any other industry insider info is the mother’s milk of pharma. Filthy biz

Load Metric
    A friend's father passed away from the virus this morning. He was in his 90s but still active and healthy overall, no major problems. Clearly he had limited time left but for it to be so sudden and painful for him is a real gut punch for his family.

Big fan of Fox News and Trump, he was. We had many spirited but always friendly conversations. RIP

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    how do you typically deal with a over aggressive sparring partner mushtine?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    California gonna go back to December to investigate deaths.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/calif...ses-discovered
    It’ll be years before we assemble any credible numbers. We have close to no idea of the scope.

Platinum
    Load Metric

For fun later we can look at timing of that WHO report against the intraday chart.

More than any other industry insider info is the mother’s milk of pharma. Filthy biz
    So the "leak" was results from an old Chinese study that had already been discontinued because of enrollment issues, and the very incomplete data from it was already known. Definitely likely this was just some stock market shenanigans, and doesn't add anything to what we already know/didn't know about remsvidir.

We already know it isn't a miracle drug. The question is does it have some efficacy, especially if taken early enough? Unfortunately, the medical response to this disease for the majority of people who are sick is to tell them to go home (often without even getting tested) and don't come back unless you are dying. There is an understandable, pragmatic reason for this as the hospitals would just be overfilled if we didn't approach things this way.

Unfortunately, because of this we have no data on therapies that might be useful early in the disease progression. By the time the average American is starting to be treated, they often have some serious comorbidities that make the virus the least of their problems.

Comments

sonatine: unbelievable

Sanlmar: Comorditities was the theme of the day in Boston. Quality posting

DirtyErnie: King Science Bitch. Boss Hoss
    Last edited by ErickAA; 04-23-2020 at 10:27 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post

Im actually bummed i have to work every day and every one around me is on a 3 month long government holiday hanging out working in there yards cleaning garages, week day sex. happy hour 3:00 every day.

I do have my employees coming in at 9 instead of 7 (no commute traffic) slightly shorter hours.
    kids have no school so i don't have to drive them every morning, they have online classes but generally don't do it. my son is in his room playing video games all day and night and daughter is literally smoking weed in her room, my wife finally told her to go out side to do it which is crazy to here her say that. she likely gets it from a girl across the lane she is 32 who lays in her back yard sun tanning every day so far.
    I need a new pair of salmon hiking shoes and want to try them on but all the fucking store are closed.
    Can we get pics of the neighbor???

Thread Information