Page 774 of 947 FirstFirst ... 274674724764770771772773774775776777778784824874 ... LastLast
Results 15,461 to 15,480 of 18936

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    liberal party is centrist. the cucks are flying NDP orange.

Comments

simpdog: Dead on
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric

"I'm from the government, I'm here to help. Please do not resist"

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Honestly, as authoritarian as the US has been about some of this stuff, it's not nearly as bad as a lot of other first-world countries, including Canada.

This is what happens when you have a population which is too used to blindly willing to let government lead.

The US was literally founded upon the idea of resisting oppressive government, so it's a lot tougher for full authoritarian rule to happen here (though the left is trying damn hard to make it happen).

Comments

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024: Spot on

Load Metric
    Here's the top deaths per capita/GDP USA and above...

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/t...RV~ROU~ARM~SVK

...one of these is not like the others.

Weirdly though US is doing better than the fall trajectory suggested. I think on redacted i gave few variables that can cause that. Likely 2 of those came through. Favorable mutations and better coverage of boosters. Next month should be more revealing. You can now proceed with the USA USA USA chant.

Load Metric
    Also i for one promise not to confuse Americans, with the concept of having more than 2 viable political parties, in this thread. I'll just use 3 different words interchangeably to describe both ends of your political spectrum, that may or may not be a very small range in every other first world country.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post

Weirdly though US is doing better than the fall trajectory suggested. I think on redacted i gave few variables that can cause that. Likely 2 of those came through. Favorable mutations and better coverage of boosters. Next month should be more revealing. You can now proceed with the USA USA USA chant.
    We've been over this a ton of times.

First off, death rates can't be compared very well due to different standards for what is considered a COVID death. In the US, a drug addict who dies from an OD, who also happens to test positive for Omicron, will be considered a COVID death. When case rates are high, this is especially a bad way of counting. Many countries don't do it this way, including many in the first world. Even if all countries did it this way, it would artificially increase the reported US COVID death rate compared to others, if the US had higher rates of non-natural death (violence, accidents, suicide, drug OD, etc) than others.

Even with that factor, the US has death rates fairly comparable to Italy, UK, and Belgium, and a lower death rate than a lot of Eastern European countries which many don't consider "first world", but aren't really third world either (like Poland).

The "OMG USA DOING SO BAD" talking point is so tiresome.

Load Metric
    Hospitalizations do not look favorable atm. The current chart roughly reflects the 50/50 omicron/delta case data from 2 weeks ago. The caveats of positive messaging from articles like this...

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2021...ne-white-house

...are starting to show. Look for the exact press release if you care. I don't.

“The rapid increase of cases we’re seeing across the country is, in large part, a reflection of the exceptionally transmissible Omicron variant,” CDC Director Rochelle Walensky, MD, said at a White House briefing. “While our cases have substantially increased from last week, hospitalizations and deaths remain comparatively low right now.”

This could be due to the fact that hospitalizations tend to lag behind cases by about 2 weeks, but may also be due to early indications we’ve seen from other countries like South Africa and the United Kingdom of milder disease from Omicron, especially among the vaccinated and boosted,” she continued.

"The 7-day daily average of COVID-19 infections is 240,400 -- an increase of 60% since last week. But hospital admissions have only increased by 14%, at 9,000 per day. Deaths are averaging 1,100 per day, a decrease of about 7%."

The story uses the above numbers. I doubt CDC does, since they know how fucked they are. They're only usable if you know how to interpret them or more precisely when. Holidays and spikes fuck them up.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post

We've been over this a ton of times.

First off, death rates can't be compared very well due to different standards for what is considered a COVID death. In the US, a drug addict who dies from an OD, who also happens to test positive for Omicron, will be considered a COVID death. When case rates are high, this is especially a bad way of counting. Many countries don't do it this way, including many in the first world. Even if all countries did it this way, it would artificially increase the reported US COVID death rate compared to others, if the US had higher rates of non-natural death (violence, accidents, suicide, drug OD, etc) than others.

Even with that factor, the US has death rates fairly comparable to Italy, UK, and Belgium, and a lower death rate than a lot of Eastern European countries which many don't consider "first world", but aren't really third world either (like Poland).

The "OMG USA DOING SO BAD" talking point is so tiresome.
    Yea you're really showing off Moldova. You can use excess deaths if you would like to. I doubt you do, but you could. You've never been even close to overcounting cov2 deaths.

Maybe i should have added the fascist Canada to that map and Poland isn't even on the list.

Load Metric
    Here's Poland, US and Canada...

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/t...ry=USA~POL~CAN

...does it look like you're getting a great deal here.

Load Metric
    Honestly, as authoritarian as the US has been about some of this stuff, it's not nearly as bad as a lot of other first-world countries, including Canada.

This is what happens when you have a population which is too used to blindly willing to let government lead.

The US was literally founded upon the idea of resisting oppressive government, so it's a lot tougher for full authoritarian rule to happen here (though the left is trying damn hard to make it happen).
    Seems to be working out great. And this was 4 hours ago. Wonder what inspired my tiresome America BAD analysis?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    US is definitely counting a higher percentage of "deaths with COVID" in the "deaths from COVID" totals than a lot of first world countries. Whether we are undercounting or overcounting overall is immaterial. We are comparing countries here.

I'm not sure what's driving this particular GDP obsession of yours regarding COVID numbers. I assume this was an attempt to make a point that the US is exceptionally bad compared to other first world countries? Well, I just named a few first world countries which have similar death-per-capita numbers to the US.

There's also X factors such as obesity which can't be ignored, either. The left likes to pretend these country comparisons are apples-to-apples, in order to justify increasingly authoritarian policies. They're not.

Comments

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024: X Factor LOL. Are you referring to the meme king ?

Load Metric
    US is definitely counting a higher percentage of "deaths with COVID" in the "deaths from COVID" totals than a lot of first world countries. Whether we are undercounting or overcounting overall is immaterial. We are comparing countries here.

I'm not sure what's driving this particular GDP obsession of yours regarding COVID numbers. I assume this was an attempt to make a point that the US is exceptionally bad compared to other first world countries? Well, I just named a few first world countries which have similar death-per-capita numbers to the US.

There's also X factors such as obesity which can't be ignored, either. The left likes to pretend these country comparisons are apples-to-apples, in order to justify increasingly authoritarian policies. They're not.
    Yea one of those 2 post obsessions. Here's number 3.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/t...TA~BEL~GBR~USA

Speaking of apples and cherries, you seem very content in achievements against 3rd world shitholes and doing just as good as cherrypicked 1st world countries.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    There aren't that many first world countries in the world.

If the US was fucking up big time -- at least by first world standards -- we would see it in the numbers. The US would stick out like a sore thumb. Of course, that doesn't stop a lot of people from the left posting overall death numbers, neglecting to adjust per capita.

If you took a poll of Democrats and asked, "Are the death numbers in the US for COVID at least twice as bad per capita as every other first world country?", I bet you'd get an astoundingly high percentage of "yes" answers.

Load Metric
    I just read there were a million verified cases in the US Monday which means there was likely 5-10 million real cases. In a day. This is great news. At this rate this thing is gone in a couple weeks. It's gonna get dicey out there in regards to hospitalizations and hopefully we're now running 90+% Omicron but I'm very optimistic. Lay low for the next couple weeks is my advice. Let this thing do what it's going to do. Nothing can stop it so don't even try. Just lay low, be careful and we'll get through this with some sort or normality returning soon.

Comments

The Boz: Why lay low unless already at high risk of death from other health issues?

gimmick:

Sanlmar: New guy red repping Pooh?

Load Metric
    Who the fuck cares if we have more cases than other countries? We test every lazy fuck who wants a few days off work. Sadly we do have more than our share of people always looking for a shortcut in life instead of working harder to succeed.

Our stock market is still doing great and all these other countries still dream of being remotely like the United States in every way. Saying Canada is a first world country is an insult to America.

This thing has been over for most of us already other then in some far left liberal cities and with those afraid of a stuffy nose. Grow up and stop acting like this thing is going to kill you if you aren’t already half dead. And if you are, you should be out living your life anyways. It’s always been how you lived your life, not how long.

Oh yea, put down the fucking cheeseburger and get in better shape. A simple walk never killed anyone.

Comments

Pooh: lol i never said take off work you schmuck.

gimmick:

Load Metric
    There aren't that many first world countries in the world.

If the US was fucking up big time -- at least by first world standards -- we would see it in the numbers. The US would stick out like a sore thumb. Of course, that doesn't stop a lot of people from the left posting overall death numbers, neglecting to adjust per capita.

If you took a poll of Democrats and asked, "Are the death numbers in the US for COVID at least twice as bad per capita as every other first world country?", I bet you'd get an astoundingly high percentage of "yes" answers.
    Incidentally the only person from the left you've been talking with today has not mentioned the overall death numbers a single time when comparing countries.

US sticks like a sore thumb if you control for any reasonable variables. Being fat isn't one. Being old is. You aim for one of those. One of those is a success for healthcare. One of those correlates with doing something right.

Speaking of weird obsessions, why the fuck do you care what fictional polls say about literally anything? Congratulations, your win of the day is that there are 1st world countries with comparable deaths per capita at a favorable time for US. Being proud that you're doing better than Georgia (Country or State) says something.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    I just read there were a million verified cases in the US Monday which means there was likely 5-10 million real cases. In a day. This is great news. At this rate this thing is gone in a couple weeks. It's gonna get dicey out there in regards to hospitalizations and hopefully we're now running 90+% Omicron but I'm very optimistic. Lay low for the next couple weeks is my advice. Let this thing do what it's going to do. Nothing can stop it so don't even try. Just lay low, be careful and we'll get through this with some sort or normality returning soon.
    Can't see how this isn't +EV.

The cases are lower though, but hospitalizations following the graph looks pretty bad. Sunday was 280k and Saturday 160k for cases. Monday numbers mostly just catch up the weekend lag.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    I would give zero shits about COVID caution at this point if not for my son being in daycare.

Straight petri dishes for sickness and they just had a case that shut things down two days before the Christmas break.

He had high fevers in September and October that weren't COVID but still fucking sucked to deal with. Working from home with a sick 21 month old is hell. Think that the extra caution shown in 2020 prevented a lot of kids born that year from normal exposure to the environment.

Giving thought to hiring a private nanny and still paying for the daycare spot (highly fucking competitive to get in a good one in Portland) until things improve.

Probably reactionary but can't think of a nastier environment to spend time in than a daycare, even though ours is good.
    I'm sure you and your husband will figure it out.

Comments

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024: Sloppy Soy misses Wittle Waltie

Sloppy Joe: AIDS on wheels
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

I got word a couple of weeks ago about an AP friend of mine had covid 5 1/2 months and was reportedly still very weak. He was in the hospital for 3 1/2 months.

We were always in phone contact and trading information. Then about six months ago he quit responding to my texts. I now know why. His username on WoV and VCT is puckerbutt.
    3.5 months?

Here's hoping that only information was traded between you and puckerbutt.

I unblocked everyone on my ignore list when I came back. Congratulations! You are the first to go back on ignore. You'll have to spew your idiocy without me.
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Although I am 4-5 years older than Druff, I have not decided to get vaccinated, but I follow the statistics in my country (Poland) very carefully to make the right decision - if I think it is worth it, I can be vaccinated within an hour, but I cannot reverse it.
    The number of deaths in Poland is not real. Hospitals and doctors get extra funding for patients and covid deaths. In Poland, 500 daily deaths mean about 100 patients whose death was caused by covid, and 400 patients died of cancer, heart attack, etc. who had a positive test. If they had been classified the same in Germany, they would have had 2,000-3,000 deaths a day.
    The death statistics in Poland also show that vaccines do not work, or work very poorly. 30% of deaths are among fully vaccinated, and we have half the population vaccinated(54%). The mean age of the dead is 76 for the vaccinated and 75 for the unvaccinated.
    If such statistics were for tuberculosis, rabies, etc. vaccines, they would certainly be unacceptable, but with covid vacines - public opinion is told that they are excellent.
    All data used is from official goverment sources.

Comments

country978: the poles are strong people. you don't need the vaccine anyway

Thread Information