Page 76 of 946 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176576 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 18918

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

the NCAA is all about the $$$$ obv, but it's gonna be a REAL BAD look to have the NBA suspending their season and having the NCAA going on with theirs...

I get the NBA only suspended their season because of gobert (fucking French), but still the optics look fucking terrible...you have a kid come down with this and something bad happens to him, that's a big shit sammich...
    i think they could go forward with having the games in empty arenas like they're planning, but the problem will be when some of the players get it, which is absolutely unavoidable since they spend 100% of their time in crowded spaces
    some probably already caught it from Gobert

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post
    How will this affect the census? I can't see census workers going door to door
    Wife did hers on the phone.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Name:  8FC1D136-244A-460E-9C9D-449845AD8567.jpeg
Views: 614
Size:  18.7 KB

Load Metric
    there's got to be a real chance that march madness gets cancelled entirely
    the NCAA is all about the $$$$ obv, but it's gonna be a REAL BAD look to have the NBA suspending their season and having the NCAA going on with theirs...

I get the NBA only suspended their season because of gobert (fucking French), but still the optics look fucking terrible...you have a kid come down with this and something bad happens to him, that's a big shit sammich...
    keep in mind, no college kid could ever get a test done as fast as Gobert did, and if they could, the results would be so far behind... There's almost no chance a 64 or 68 team field won't have a handful of infected players.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

keep in mind, no college kid could ever get a test done as fast as Gobert did, and if they could, the results would be so far behind... There's almost no chance a 64 or 68 team field won't have a handful of infected players.
    You almost have to have the networks arrange testing for all the teams and personnel and anyone that will be in the building. With their resources and what they stand to lose, that might make it doable given they have adequate time to arrange it. Basically you can’t enter the building without being pre-cleared.

Load Metric
    there's got to be a real chance that march madness gets cancelled entirely
    They are rolling up all the students from every College and University right now. They are giving them a few hundred dollars and telling them to get the fuck out, go home.

College is cancelled.

So I guess March Madness is too?

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Comments

duped_samaritan: OKKKK

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Here is an oldie but goodie, yeah germs aren't a thing.
    Your IQ must literally fall every time you turn these morons on.
    I get that this was pre Trump's Corona virus fail, but still find a real newsperson that would say this.
    And F that he was kidding, RW says that about everything, yet they have 0 sense of humor. Who Tim Allen and Roseann?

Germs are not a real thing': Fox News host says he hasn't washed hands in 10 years

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...t-pete-hegseth

“Really,” he said. “I don’t really wash my hands ever.”

Comments

TheXFactor: LOL...He probably doesn't wash his dick either.
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Have they explained why Italy is being hit harder than most of Europe?
    One reason is they’re the oldest country in Europe. Their average age is like 47 whereas we are like 38. They also have high smoking percentage. There is probably more than that, but that’s two big factors I see cited.
    There is this:

Name:  washing-hands-source.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  171.7 KB

But also:

I suspect both in Italy and S.Korea.... they are "old school" Catholic countries. I grew up Catholic in MA, and once we turned 12, we got the "blood (wine) and body (shitty cardboard bread)" of Christ at mass every Sunday direct from a priest or altar boy <insert joke here>. From it's inception, the body was delivered from hand to tongue, and the same cup was shared throughout the entire church. They changed this to where you can get the Eucharist from hand now (and they started to standardize this in US in the 90s b/c they were losing parishioners), but old style masses do it the way they've been doing it for thousands of years. In S.Korea, the town there ground zero was, they would have mass of over 500+ people.

Also in Iran, large communal gatherings over religion. And they are licking the damn shrines.

Sports are first. Restaurants and bars are next. And then shit really gets real once we limit the religious gatherings
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    How will this affect the census? I can't see census workers going door to door
    Wife did hers on the phone.
    No duh. Most people do it online. Some of it has to be done in the field to get proper counts. This isn't some voluntary thing the gov't can postpone. It's necessary for re-districting.

https://2020census.gov/en/important-dates.html

Load Metric
    I genuinely thought the US would be well ahead of the curve here.

You're in the same boat as Italy and Iran. You're well behind the curve in testing and proper isolation procedures.
    You likely have thousands of people running around undiagnosed spreading this.

Someone dropped the ball.

Load Metric
    THEY GOT TOM HANKS!

These old people are going to start dropping like flies in the next 3-6 months, and we'll have the largest transfer of wealth from the older generation to the younger generation and the economy will be great again, that I can tell you.
    This could be a blessing for me. If my rich 97 year-old grandmother gets it, she likely won't survive and I'll finally get my share of the trust fund my family have been waiting over 35 years for.

Comments

SPIT this: can finally afford to move out of Covina

Krypt: unreal

blake: praying for you

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post

You're in the same boat as Italy and Iran. You're well behind the curve in testing and proper isolation procedures.

the republican party doesnt science. if youre one of those people who 'doesnt believe in germs', youre voting republican. and this is the government they wanted.

Load Metric
    Name:  Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 1.25.31 AM.png
Views: 570
Size:  121.0 KB

fuck outta here.

Comments

Krypt: India for sure the next hotbed

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Have they explained why Italy is being hit harder than most of Europe?
    They aren't, they are telling the truth

Load Metric
    Ireland cancels all St. Patty’s day activities. Meanwhile, God Emperor Trump will continue the “MAGA” rallies. Let that sink in for a moment.

DARWINISM ONE TIME, DEALER.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    The nba just suspended the season
    Awesome how an NBA All-Star player, who played 2 days ago and feels "strong" and "ready to play" got an instant test and diagnosis when he felt so healthy.

The rest of the country needs a gatlin gun and a suicide vest to get a test and it still takes a few days and is often presumptive but not conclusive (WTF?)

Really odd how this dude got the insta test and insta diagnosis and insta results when he just started the last game of the season.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    The nba just suspended the season
    Awesome how an NBA All-Star player, who played 2 days ago and feels "strong" and "ready to play" got an instant test and diagnosis when he felt so healthy.

The rest of the country needs a gatlin gun and a suicide vest to get a test and it still takes a few days and is often presumptive but not conclusive (WTF?)

Really odd how this dude got the insta test and insta diagnosis and insta results when he just started the last game of the season.
    Imagine living in America and just finding out that money and power gets you access to better medical care

Comments

Shizzmoney:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post

the republican party doesnt science. if youre one of those people who 'doesnt believe in germs', youre voting republican. and this is the government they wanted.
    Testing less then 500 people end of Feb.
    I thought that was fake news but appears to be legit.

Yeah India has me scratching my head... seriously WTF.

Italy letting patients die. Not intubating anybody over 60..
    8% death rate right now in Italy.

Germany, GB, France and other countries in better shape. South Korea and China seem to be doing a good job. Japan of course were ready.
    North Korea no idea probably insulated to a degree.

Spain is on the brink maybe?

Australia appears to be all over this. We're getting cases returning from the US now.

You need to throw everything you can at this... two weeks ago.
    WTF happened to your world leading CDC?

Thread Information