Page 331 of 947 FirstFirst ... 231281321327328329330331332333334335341381431831 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,620 of 18935

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

I scanned the crowd. At least half fit into high risk just by age and weight. In a state trending blue and Biden favored on predictit(I don’t believe it’s there yet), let them hug and rub their fat ass on each other and run wild. I would have preferred to see not a soul die, but people are stubbornly stupid. It’s one thing to want to see states open up and philosophically believe the cure is worse than the disease, but holding rallies and holding hands is so fucking stupid that it’s a better world without these people in it. That’s next level defiantly stupid. Let them all drop.

i clung to the premise that allowing team retard to go out in a blaze of ventilatored glory wouldnt be worth it because good people would become collateral victims but at this point, im just like.. gotta break some eggs folks, lets get it over with.
    Rep cut off. My dad was my biggest concern. He’s been compliant. Let’s me or his 13 years younger wife do the shopping and grab stuff when necessary. Thought he was going to be a handful. He’s taken it seriously and doesn’t wan to stress me or his wife out by being dumb just from boredom. Can’t make people act reasonably. If they want to die, so be it, and hope they infect their own social circle with a higher prevalence given that birds of a feather and all that. Collateral damage will occur no doubt. We are stuck with these people either way. Their party skews older and fatter. That’s undeniable. POC hit hard hurts, but so many live in the reddest states that it’s certainly a net political win. Hate to view it that way, but it isn’t like these rallies and denialism isn’t straight political.

Wish there was a way to have people charged at gatherings. Whether it’s a black house party in Chicago or these hayseeds. Penalty is straight up you don’t get a ventilator and you’re last in line for any medication that may be in shortage. No fine. No anything else. Simply no ventilator or meds that are short for you should you ever need it.

Will never happen, but if I were king, that would be the charge for anyone caught at these big gatherings. Good luck, but you better hope you never need anything in short supply .

Load Metric
    wow we totally might get through this, things are really looking u-....

Name:  A1217486-6C31-46B5-A1B3-7F770F037713.jpeg
Views: 354
Size:  48.0 KB
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Quarantine was to only slow the spread so hospitals could amp up. They have, we are all gonna get this unless you isolate indefinitely. Good luck with that. Good luck with waiting for a vaccine or worthwhile treatment. Just good luck.
    Yup, there will never be a viable vaccine....oh there will be vaccines for strains that have long since mutated away, but don't worry, we'll still pump a few billion into worthless solutions!

It's very simple...

1. All people under the age of 60 and who are relatively healthy need to get the virus.
    2. All unhealthy and old people need to proceed with caution until step 1 has been completed.
    3. Profit

I think we will find these things out.

1. Outbreak happened sooner than we realized
    2. More people have had it than we think (I think around 15-20% currently)
    3. It's got a death rate of about 2-3x the flu, which means you are still 2.5x more likely to die in a car accident than of the Rona.
    4. The ugly silver lining is if we end up with 500,000 people over the age of 65 who die in the next couple of years, we are probably saving a shit ton of money as those are the people who use way more Medicare services than the average, otherwise healthy older person.

Comments

splitthis: Finally someone with sense

ErickAA: IFR 10X flu with a lot of long term morbidity on top and probably < 5% infected nationally (20% in NYC)

Load Metric

i clung to the premise that allowing team retard to go out in a blaze of ventilatored glory wouldnt be worth it because good people would become collateral victims but at this point, im just like.. gotta break some eggs folks, lets get it over with.
    Rep cut off. My dad was my biggest concern. He’s been compliant. Let’s me or his 13 years younger wife do the shopping and grab stuff when necessary. Thought he was going to be a handful. He’s taken it seriously and doesn’t wan to stress me or his wife out by being dumb just from boredom. Can’t make people act reasonably. If they want to die, so be it, and hope they infect their own social circle with a higher prevalence given that birds of a feather and all that. Collateral damage will occur no doubt. We are stuck with these people either way. Their party skews older and fatter. That’s undeniable. POC hit hard hurts, but so many live in the reddest states that it’s certainly a net political win. Hate to view it that way, but it isn’t like these rallies and denialism isn’t straight political.

Wish there was a way to have people charged at gatherings. Whether it’s a black house party in Chicago or these hayseeds. Penalty is straight up you don’t get a ventilator and you’re last in line for any medication that may be in shortage. No fine. No anything else. Simply no ventilator or meds that are short for you should you ever need it.

Will never happen, but if I were king, that would be the charge for anyone caught at these big gatherings. Good luck, but you better hope you never need anything in short supply .
    More great ideas lol.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    I don’t worry about needing anything. This world is temporary. Accomplished all I wanted here and consider what is left as bonus time that I want to enjoy my way, not scared or hiding, or having anyone telling me what to do.

I feel the scared people are the atheists. It does suck believing this is all that there is. How depressing.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric

the "and nothing of value was lost" law.

feeling it.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    JimmyG_415: Presidential Historians will have fun w/the 4 yr Trump Era. "He lied more than all other Pres' combined" will be chapter 1.

I’m so waiting for a presidential historian to come out with a book about Trump that is titled “The Useful-Idiot Presidency of Donald J. Trump”.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Blaming Trump for this virus or it’s spread is super lol, it was coming no matter fucking what. Lol at comparing us to New Zealand. Even an island nation cannot stand alone for long. Just lol at all the politically motivated shit that is spewing heeeere.

Comments

duped_samaritan: Nobody is blaming Trump for the virus.

Tellafriend: The fuck they aren’t

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    tine can you get control of your girlfriend

Comments

splitthis: Nobody controls me nigga

sonatine: Nobody controls her nigga

FRANKRIZZO: oh no you didn't my niggnat
    Last edited by blake; 05-04-2020 at 03:26 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I am going to go through some simple stats that should highlight why the IFR of 0.2% (2X flu) argument just can't be possible. NYC has had over 20,000 "extra" deaths year over year over a typical year. Covid is going to be the reason for pretty much all of these extra deaths. Its population is 8 million. If the IFR was 0.2% then 10 million New Yorkers would need to be infected, well over the entire population.

We know from multiple antibody tests the infected rate popping up is in the 15-20% range.

An IFR of 1% (10x flu) gives us 2 million infected, which is 25% of the population, which is lines up much better than IFR's of 0.2-0.3%, which just doesn't work in NYC (or any other city in the world that has been heavily hit).

There may be some slight variation in strains, but it isn't that much. This thing is just real deadly and hasn't spread that much.

Comments

sonatine: stats

BCR: This is your wheelhouse. I’m not sure you’re correct, but common sense suggests you are. It’s refreshing to see a right-leaning person not engaged in wish casting.

Load Metric

My dad is being compliant, doesn't go out except a couple of times a week. Its really ironic how roles are reversed when parents get that oil.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    This disease map has Coronavirus where it belongs IMO, and also gives some perspective just how it stacks up against other diseases pre vaccines. It aint measles, and it aint smallpox, and it aint Ebola. But it is A LOT more deadly and debilitating than flu.

What we don't know that could make it worse is how long immunity lasts or whether there is long term complications, especially following mild illness.

If this was an endemic disease chances are very high we would all just get it as kids, it wouldn't even be that bad for most, and we would have some level of immunity through our lives so that it was never a problem, until maybe you get old and your immune system starts dysfuncitoning. Noone would be having their first exposure at 40+ years of age the way we are now.

I don't know for sure this is how it would play out if it was endemic, but I think there is a fairly high likelihood.

Name:  3gc9lhqizbd41.jpg
Views: 955
Size:  72.1 KB

Load Metric

If you think what is happening in Detroit is going to help the Democratic Party in November, you are just lying to yourself. That is the fattest most diabetic region of the world. I believe you said you no longer work, correct? Maybe I mixed you up with someone else. But I know for a certain fact those that do not work, or have a shitty job see no problem with a 2 year lockdown. I mean nothing really changes for them other then they get a stimulus check.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    This disease map has Coronavirus where it belongs IMO, and also gives some perspective just how it stacks up against other diseases pre vaccines. It aint measles, and it aint smallpox, and it aint Ebola. But it is A LOT more deadly and debilitating than flu.

What we don't know that could make it worse is how long immunity lasts or whether there is long term complications, especially following mild illness.

If this was an endemic disease chances are very high we would all just get it as kids, it wouldn't even be that bad for most, and we would have some level of immunity through our lives so that it was never a problem, until maybe you get old and your immune system starts dysfuncitoning. Noone would be having their first exposure at 40+ years of age the way we are now.

I don't know for sure this is how it would play out if it was endemic, but I think there is a fairly high likelihood.

Name:  3gc9lhqizbd41.jpg
Views: 955
Size:  72.1 KB

what i find really interesting, is how all the post-recovery estimates for contamination are super conservative. like literally im reading CDC sourced memos saying oh you feel better? 72 hours without a fever? yeah get out there and get fucking.

china takes a more cautious approach but even they are saying viral load post-recovery plummets and there might not even be shedding.

it all seems wildly optimistic to me but i dont really feel like im hearing any ancillary evidence to refute it so..?

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyt View Post

XD
    Love the sign language interpreter LOL

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric

I scanned the crowd. At least half fit into high risk just by age and weight. In a state trending blue and Biden favored on predictit(I don’t believe it’s there yet), let them hug and rub their fat ass on each other and run wild. I would have preferred to see not a soul die, but people are stubbornly stupid. It’s one thing to want to see states open up and philosophically believe the cure is worse than the disease, but holding rallies and holding hands is so fucking stupid that it’s a better world without these people in it. That’s next level defiantly stupid. Let them all drop.
    Lol wishing people dead over their political affiliation. Oh how the true colors are coming out biggly lately.
    He's wishing them alive. They're endangering their own lives.

Load Metric
    US Death Rate ~ 1,200 for Monday.

Load Metric
    I don’t worry about needing anything. This world is temporary. Accomplished all I wanted here and consider what is left as bonus time that I want to enjoy my way, not scared or hiding, or having anyone telling me what to do.

I feel the scared people are the atheists. It does suck believing this is all that there is. How depressing.
    What's your concept of a life beyond the one we're in right now, and are there any implications for your time in that afterlife from the fact that you charged someone money for a blowjob?

Comments

MumblesBadly: I’m guessing it’s one with areas sectioned off so folks who “look like” her don’t have to mingle with “those people”.

Load Metric
    Blaming Trump for this virus or it’s spread is super lol, it was coming no matter fucking what. Lol at comparing us to New Zealand. Even an island nation cannot stand alone for long. Just lol at all the politically motivated shit that is spewing heeeere.
    He is certainly to blame for being incompetent, for gutting the CDC, and using his time self-aggrandizing instead of leading a relief effort, among other things. Good leaders lead in tough times. Trump claims total authority, yet says he takes zero responsibility. I'm sure if President Blackenstein were still in office you'd be completely ok with him doing the same as Trump has done right now.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

What's your concept of a life beyond the one we're in right now, and are there any implications for your time in that afterlife from the fact that you charged someone money for a blowjob?

baby we all pay for blowjobs.

Comments

Hockey Guy: Ain't this the truth.

Thread Information