Page 786 of 946 FirstFirst ... 286686736776782783784785786787788789790796836886 ... LastLast
Results 15,701 to 15,720 of 18903

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    I'd like to apologize for using the word nig in my previous post. Especially on this holy of holy black people day. I specifically did not using the words filthy fucking n-word for that very reason. Apologies in advance if I offended anyone.

Comments

country978: hes still all the other things you called him

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    No question Abbott and Desantis are the two biggest covid winners politically. Just look at migration numbers. The two greatest future Dem hopes. One resigned due to sexual harrassment and the other got recalled, and won. Here in Florida we have more registered Repubs than Dems for the first time in twenty years. Think about this, back in 2010 midterms Dems held a 550k voters advantage. When Desantis beat that methhead nig faggot, https://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...es/3005205001/, the Dems still had a 264k dem advantage.
    I never have and never will vote for Trump but I damn sure would be happy to vote for DeSantis. There are millions of centrist democrats and independents begging to vote for a Republican it just can't be Trump. This governor showed courage and determination and common sense. As far as I'm concerned, he did just about everything right responding to covid.

Load Metric
    Name:  Screenshot_20220117-202624_Reddit.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  540.2 KB

how long before the propaganda bots (druff, khalwat and others) get their second booster?

Comments

splitthis: Their brain damage is unreal, no ability to reason whatsoever

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

Trump was already taking pot shots at DeSantis here in AZ the other day.. Doesnt bode well as far as I can tell and if Trump isnt careful he will fracture the GOP because DeSantis does have a lot of support outside of Florida contrary to what Trump might think.
    Druff is wrong. First things first, Desantis needs to get reelected in '22 or his political career is over. Shouldn't be a problem but he needs to focus 100% on reelection. I'm not even sure Trump runs again. His ego won't allow himself to lose twice. And he has a real chance of losing. I know a ton of repubs who will sit it out if he Trump runs. If Trump does not run Desantis is probably the top choice by a 30 point margin in the republican party. It's MUCH easier to beat a Biden or whoever runs in dems than it would be to follow Trump, assuming he runs and wins. Just like there is almost never one party who holds President for more than two consecutive terms. You put a Desantis/Haley or Desantis/Tim Scott ticket and it's money. I feel as if Druff is vastly overestimating just how popular Trump is currently. Sure he has a hardcore base. And it would be correct to assume that base wouldn't turn out for a moderate type candidate. Desantis isn't that. He's Trump without the asshole twitter account only better looking. I believe this comes down to Liz Chaney. Trump is putting everything he has for her to get primaried out. If she wins another term Trump isn't running because he knows his power is gone. Especially in that state...I think he had his largest margin in that state for entire country. Personally, I hope Trump goes away, dies or whatever at this point. Absolutely no use for that guy anymore.
    You might end up being right here.

I thought about it again, and the '24 Dem candidate is likely to be very weak (either Biden or one of the lolbad people from 2020 who couldn't beat Biden in the primary). Plus the country will probably still be sour on Biden/Harris by then, and not want to elect another Democrat.

This could be a strong enough reason for Desantis to say fuck Trump, and go at it anyway.

It does seem that the deepening animosity between the two suggests that Desantis is seriously considering a run in '24. If he wasn't, he'd be making nice to Trump, assuming he'd inherit Trump's base in 6 years. But it seems like he might not want to let the 2024 opportunity go by. Biden is senile, Harris is incompetent and unlikable, and the party's ship is being steered by the woke left, which has very little in common with the typical swing voter.

One thing is very likely: The November 2022 election will deliver a historic amount of pain for Democrats.

Comments

JSTAT: CA Gov Newsom is the wildcard to secure the '24 Dem Presidential nomination

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Anyway back on the personal COVID front:

- Benjamin still has symptoms, dating back to January 9. However, they lessened somewhat today. He's still coughing and still has a mild sore throat. I am not yet that concerned about a long COVID possibility, since his friends (who got it before him) are also still sick, and many COVID cases have 2 weeks of symptoms.

- I do not have any symptoms. It is likely he's not very contagious anymore, so I probably dodged it. It is likely the booster protected me, but there's the possibility that he just wasn't transmitting much.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Druff is wrong. First things first, Desantis needs to get reelected in '22 or his political career is over. Shouldn't be a problem but he needs to focus 100% on reelection. I'm not even sure Trump runs again. His ego won't allow himself to lose twice. And he has a real chance of losing. I know a ton of repubs who will sit it out if he Trump runs. If Trump does not run Desantis is probably the top choice by a 30 point margin in the republican party. It's MUCH easier to beat a Biden or whoever runs in dems than it would be to follow Trump, assuming he runs and wins. Just like there is almost never one party who holds President for more than two consecutive terms. You put a Desantis/Haley or Desantis/Tim Scott ticket and it's money. I feel as if Druff is vastly overestimating just how popular Trump is currently. Sure he has a hardcore base. And it would be correct to assume that base wouldn't turn out for a moderate type candidate. Desantis isn't that. He's Trump without the asshole twitter account only better looking. I believe this comes down to Liz Chaney. Trump is putting everything he has for her to get primaried out. If she wins another term Trump isn't running because he knows his power is gone. Especially in that state...I think he had his largest margin in that state for entire country. Personally, I hope Trump goes away, dies or whatever at this point. Absolutely no use for that guy anymore.

I thought about it again, and the '24 Dem candidate is likely to be very weak (either Biden or one of the lolbad people from 2020 who couldn't beat Biden in the primary). Plus the country will probably still be sour on Biden/Harris by then, and not want to elect another Democrat.

This could be a strong enough reason for Desantis to say fuck Trump, and go at it anyway.

It does seem that the deepening animosity between the two suggests that Desantis is seriously considering a run in '24. If he wasn't, he'd be making nice to Trump, assuming he'd inherit Trump's base in 6 years. But it seems like he might not want to let the 2024 opportunity go by. Biden is senile, Harris is incompetent and unlikable, and the party's ship is being steered by the woke left, which has very little in common with the typical swing voter.

One thing is very likely: The November 2022 election will deliver a historic amount of pain for Democrats.
    While anything can happen in 9 1/2 months, there is little chance Desantis loses his re-election bid this year. He is highly popular here in Florida, the GOP is gaining voters here and the enthusiasm gap will be huge. The 2 stooges fighting to run against him are both unpopular and the woke liberal Nikki Fried just compared Ron to Hitler this week. Her challenger is former Republican turned Democrat former Governor Charlie Crist, last seen barely winning a house seat in liberal St Pete.

I see Desantis winning by 10+ points and carrying Mario to a big win as well. Gov Ron also introduced a new redistricting plan this week that will make the GOP favorites to gain more seats in Congress.

Not sure about 24 but the man has done a great thing for Florida residents and to think we almost had the meth head guy that loved Bernie as Gov just a few short years ago.

And Dan, I still will never understand why someone like you stays in a place like CA where you have no voice and things are only going to get worse. Even in Nevada you would have a chance for your vote to maybe matter.

Load Metric

Comments

splitthis: Retarded
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boz View Post

While anything can happen in 9 1/2 months, there is little chance Desantis loses his re-election bid this year. He is highly popular here in Florida, the GOP is gaining voters here and the enthusiasm gap will be huge. The 2 stooges fighting to run against him are both unpopular and the woke liberal Nikki Fried just compared Ron to Hitler this week. Her challenger is former Republican turned Democrat former Governor Charlie Crist, last seen barely winning a house seat in liberal St Pete.

I see Desantis winning by 10+ points and carrying Mario to a big win as well. Gov Ron also introduced a new redistricting plan this week that will make the GOP favorites to gain more seats in Congress.

Not sure about 24 but the man has done a great thing for Florida residents and to think we almost had the meth head guy that loved Bernie as Gov just a few short years ago.

And Dan, I still will never understand why someone like you stays in a place like CA where you have no voice and things are only going to get worse. Even in Nevada you would have a chance for your vote to maybe matter.
    I'd be very surprised if Desantis wins by 10 points. The dems in Florida hate the guys guts which makes me think he could easily win President if he ever runs. I'll throw this out there now. Rubio wins by a larger margin than Desantis this year. I figure Desantis will win by 5-7 points.

Druff - Glad Ben is feeling better. Getting Omicron is a good thing imo. I stand by what I said a month ago. This thing is gone by Easter.

Only Dem who has a fighting chance is Michelle if she ever decides to run. She'd win probably against anyway including Desantis probably. From what I understand no chance she runs...just not interested. I can't see Cruz running this time either because he's up for reelection himself in 24.

Comments

zealanddonk: "This thing is gone by Easter.

Load Metric
    I was talking to one of my customers today about the election. Huge Democrat. Good guy. I couldn't care less about anyone's political leanings as long as they don't throw it in my face and he's pretty good about it usually. He's a big shot lawyer form MN with a lot of political connections. He's very disappointed with Biden. Hates Kamala. Told me today he'd gladly vote for a Kasich type Republican. He'd never vote for Trump, not even if it was him or death. Desantis is borderline. He's glad for what he did for Florida but I have a feeling he's slightly too far right. Point is, when huge Democrats are to the point where they will vote across the aisle, but never for Trump then it's time to ditch Trump. Period. Guy is a douche bag. I've said it a million times, there are many who have the same policies or better, without the baggage. Let's assume Trump runs. Who would be his running mate? After the way he threw Pence under the bus there isn't anyone who is currently in a major political role who would even consider it imo. So no Governors or Senators. Pence was the nicest guy ever. Great debater. Never questioned the guy once. Never even opened his mouth. Just did what he was told and boom Trump kills him. Fuck Trump. He VP pick would be Pompeo. I can't think of anyone else and the guy just lost a hundred pounds. So you guys tell me who makes a better ticket:

Trump/Pompeo

or

Desantis/Haley or Tim Scott.

Second ticket checks all the boxes, first one is two old fat white guys/assholes. To be fair Pompeo was good in his position so this isn't a hate Pompeo post.

Comments

dwai: DESANTIS IS GOD

nightmarefish: In before the site plumber calls you a RINO

Gold
    Load Metric

Only Dem who has a fighting chance is Michelle if she ever decides to run. She'd win probably against anyway including Desantis probably. From what I understand no chance she runs...just not interested. I can't see Cruz running this time either because he's up for reelection himself in 24.
    Has she "worked" at all since being First Lady? As far as I can tell neither her or any of her daughters do much of anything (one of them is still in college so I guess we can reserve judgement until she gets out if you want), and Obama himself only does sporadic speaking engagement stuff if the check is big enough. Seems the whole family is fully enjoying their ascent from middle class to idle wealthy, and isn't looking to change anything anytime soon.

I do find it somewhat ironic that including Trump the last 4 presidents all have adult daughters, and except for Ivanka (the daughter of the supposedly misogynst president) not a single one of them has worked a day in their lives.

Edit: I stand corrected. One of the Bush twins is apparently a TV host. So I guess that statement should be amended that the recent Republican presidents have daughters that work, and the Democrats not so much.

Comments

country978: I believe Barbara or Jenna Bush was a host on the view or today or gma
    Last edited by Kalam; 01-18-2022 at 04:10 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I was talking to one of my customers today about the election. Huge Democrat. Good guy. I couldn't care less about anyone's political leanings as long as they don't throw it in my face and he's pretty good about it usually. He's a big shot lawyer form MN with a lot of political connections. He's very disappointed with Biden. Hates Kamala. Told me today he'd gladly vote for a Kasich type Republican. He'd never vote for Trump, not even if it was him or death. Desantis is borderline. He's glad for what he did for Florida but I have a feeling he's slightly too far right. Point is, when huge Democrats are to the point where they will vote across the aisle, but never for Trump then it's time to ditch Trump. Period. Guy is a douche bag. I've said it a million times, there are many who have the same policies or better, without the baggage. Let's assume Trump runs. Who would be his running mate? After the way he threw Pence under the bus there isn't anyone who is currently in a major political role who would even consider it imo. So no Governors or Senators. Pence was the nicest guy ever. Great debater. Never questioned the guy once. Never even opened his mouth. Just did what he was told and boom Trump kills him. Fuck Trump. He VP pick would be Pompeo. I can't think of anyone else and the guy just lost a hundred pounds. So you guys tell me who makes a better ticket:

Trump/Pompeo

or

Desantis/Haley or Tim Scott.

Second ticket checks all the boxes, first one is two old fat white guys/assholes. To be fair Pompeo was good in his position so this isn't a hate Pompeo post.
    Tim Scott would be an interesting VP pick. Blacks have already been slowly moving to the right, I wonder what the impact would be. When Dem politicians get on the national stage every 4 years and talk about how racist the country is and how impossible it is for blacks to succeed, the majority of successful black people are watching and are like WTF are you talking about.

Load Metric
    [QUOTE=Pooh;1022391]
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    I believe this comes down to Liz Chaney. Trump is putting everything he has for her to get primaried out. If she wins another term Trump isn't running because he knows his power is gone. Especially in that state...I think he had his largest margin in that state for entire country. Personally, I hope Trump goes away, dies or whatever at this point. Absolutely no use for that guy anymore.
    Your analysis is a little off, pooh. Liz Cheney is the most unpopular republican in the country. And she is even more unpopular in Wyoming. Polls there show 77% of republican voters say they will vote for someone other than Liz Cheney. Only 23% are still backing her.

But she does have an out. She's in a six person field. Trump has backed Harriet Hageman. And he is trying to get the other four candidates to drop out. And he has good reason to try to get the other candidates out of the race.

In the Wyoming primary one needs only a plurality of the vote to win. There is no runoff if no one gets a majority of the vote. If Liz gets 23% of the vote and no other candidate gets more than that she will win the primary and go on to the general election.

Thats not likely to happen though as I think Hageman will get at least 35% of the primary vote.

The split vote is Liz's only chance. She will not come close to winning a majority of the vote. If she wins by split vote she will still be the most unpopular republican in the country and still unpopular in her own state.

A split vote win by Liz won't effect the Trump vote. He wins big there.
    Last edited by mickeycrimm; 01-18-2022 at 04:53 PM.
    POKER FAG ALERT! POKER FAG ALERT! FOR GAY SEX CONTACT SLOPPY JOE.

Load Metric
    [QUOTE=mickeycrimm;1022487]

Your analysis is a little off, pooh. Liz Cheney is the most unpopular republican in the country. And she is even more unpopular in Wyoming. Polls there show 77% of republican voters say they will vote for someone other than Liz Cheney. Only 23% are still backing her.

But she does have an out. She's in a six person field. Trump has backed Harriet Hageman. And he is trying to get the other four candidates to drop out. And he has good reason to try to get the other candidates out of the race.

In the Wyoming primary one needs only a plurality of the vote to win. There is no runoff if no one gets a majority of the vote. If Liz gets 23% of the vote and no other candidate gets more than that she will win the primary and go on to the general election.

Thats not likely to happen though as I think Hageman will get at least 35% of the primary vote.

The split vote is Liz's only chance. She will not come close to winning a majority of the vote. If she wins by split vote she will still be the most unpopular republican in the country and still unpopular in her own state.

A split vote win by Liz won't effect the Trump vote. He wins big there.
    I think you misunderstood my post. First, I never implied Cheney would win or lose. My point was that Trump's number one goal, and probably only goal, is to not get Cheney reelected. And when I stated Trump carried that state more than any other I was implying that Trump arguably has more power in that one state not that he would ever have a chance to not get their votes should he run again. I figure if he can't get his candidate to win in THAT state then his power is pretty much gone.

Load Metric
    Name:  Screenshot_20220118-195732_Reddit.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  365.9 KB

Comments

splitthis: Lol biggest vax hoax everrrrrr

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Name:  Screenshot_20220118-195732_Reddit.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  365.9 KB

There is some hope for Israel. Let's see if they follow through

https://twitter.com/freddiesayers/status/1483473620961742849

Load Metric

- Benjamin still has symptoms, dating back to January 9. However, they lessened somewhat today. He's still coughing and still has a mild sore throat. I am not yet that concerned about a long COVID possibility, since his friends (who got it before him) are also still sick, and many COVID cases have 2 weeks of symptoms.

- I do not have any symptoms. It is likely he's not very contagious anymore, so I probably dodged it. It is likely the booster protected me, but there's the possibility that he just wasn't transmitting much.
    Not trolling, so please don't take it this way, but are you walking around with a mask in your house?

Comments

JACKDANIELS: 90% chance he is lol

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

Not trolling, so please don't take it this way, but are you walking around with a mask in your house?
    I saw this dude walking down the street today, by himself with literally zero people within a quarter mile from him besides the cars driving by, wearing one of the new pointy masks. Fucking dweeb looked like a retarded big bird. Remember the "read my lips no new taxes" that brought Bush down? The "we will not do vaccine mandates" will bring Biden down. Fuck that, it'll bring down every dem in a purple or red state in midterms. Vaccine mandates/cards to fend off a virus completely unaffected by vaccines. Makes complete sense.

Load Metric
    I read today they will begin to charge for previously free testing in UK end of June. This thing will be long gone by then and they know it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boz View Post

I'd be very surprised if Desantis wins by 10 points. The dems in Florida hate the guys guts which makes me think he could easily win President if he ever runs. I'll throw this out there now. Rubio wins by a larger margin than Desantis this year. I figure Desantis will win by 5-7 points.

Druff - Glad Ben is feeling better. Getting Omicron is a good thing imo. I stand by what I said a month ago. This thing is gone by Easter.

I’m willing to put up a wager of your choice up to $2,500 Desantis wins by a higher percentage of the Florida vote than Rubio. You accept the wager by this Saturday January 20th 2022. Dan will hold the money and will announce he has both of our monies by this Saturday if you agree. I’m good with him holding the cash.

Wager?

Gold
    Load Metric

There is some hope for Israel. Let's see if they follow through
    This is paraphrasing something Eric Weinstein said, but the basic gist is that unlike the US, the Israeli authorities and scientists actually believe in science and care about the people they govern (at least the Jewish ones), so the fact they have been so aggressive pushing the vaccines on everyone indicates they sincerely believe it is the best course of action. They may be wrong, but at least you know they are sincere.

If/when US coronavirus care and policy diverges extremely from that of Israel, we should be genuinely concerned we are intentionally being lead down a bad path. For example, I seriously doubt Israel authorities and scientists would ever enact a policy that treatment should be given based primarily on race, as that is just straight racism and isn't supported by science at all.

Thread Information