Page 203 of 947 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213253303703 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,060 of 18923

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    Just like clockwork. You must be stupid if you seriously believe Obama would not have followed the "pandemic gameplan" that he commissioned.
    Having a "pandemic gameplan" and actually making correct decisions are two different things.

I wish I could bet money on this, because I would bet a lot that if Obama were President instead of Trump, he wouldn't have put the travel restrictions on for China on January 31. He would have been too worried about his fellow lefties perceiving him as racist and xenophobic.

I'm sure they also had a "gameplan" for the healthcare.gov website in 2013, and you saw how that turned out. Also, Obama demonstrated time and time again that he refused to fire incompetent underlings (Kathleen Sebelius for the Obamacare debacle, Eric Shinsheki for the VA fake waiting list scandal), so I'm sure he would have been afraid to fire anyone under him who was screwing up the coronavirus response.

I could also see Obama being far less aggressive than Trump regarding promoting "right to try" legislation regarding promising drugs like hydrocloriquine. Democrats tend to just like to sit and let the slow agencies cross all the t's and dot all the i's.

It's very naive of anyone to think that the leader from "their side" would somehow sidestep the usual government incompetence and bureaucracy.
    You're just making up hypotheticals to make yourself feel better.

You're 100% in denial if you think some guy is gonna commission something as serious as this then totally disregard it the following year because of some preconceived notion you have about him & the other political party. He would get absolutely roasted by both sides, & deservedly so, if he did that.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Interesting graphic where the baseline actually kinda makes sense. Unfortunately it's kinda distorted since it doesn't account for population size, China is on there (LOL), and wtf is the purpose of average over the last 7 days?

Load Metric
    A Robber or The Mayor of Los Angeles?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RS_ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Interesting graphic where the baseline actually kinda makes sense. Unfortunately it's kinda distorted since it doesn't account for population size, China is on there (LOL), and wtf is the purpose of average over the last 7 days?
    Any one day can be statistical noise. Italy had a day as they got past peak where it would rise, but over seven days, it’s going to be regressing if you’ve actually gotten past the peak. Population really doesn’t matter. It matters in terms of total cases and deaths, but not in which direction it’s trending.

Load Metric
    Just like clockwork. You must be stupid if you seriously believe Obama would not have followed the "pandemic gameplan" that he commissioned.
    Having a "pandemic gameplan" and actually making correct decisions are two different things.

I wish I could bet money on this, because I would bet a lot that if Obama were President instead of Trump, he wouldn't have put the travel restrictions on for China on January 31. He would have been too worried about his fellow lefties perceiving him as racist and xenophobic.

I'm sure they also had a "gameplan" for the healthcare.gov website in 2013, and you saw how that turned out. Also, Obama demonstrated time and time again that he refused to fire incompetent underlings (Kathleen Sebelius for the Obamacare debacle, Eric Shinsheki for the VA fake waiting list scandal), so I'm sure he would have been afraid to fire anyone under him who was screwing up the coronavirus response.

I could also see Obama being far less aggressive than Trump regarding promoting "right to try" legislation regarding promising drugs like hydrocloriquine. Democrats tend to just like to sit and let the slow agencies cross all the t's and dot all the i's.

It's very naive of anyone to think that the leader from "their side" would somehow sidestep the usual government incompetence and bureaucracy.
    in fairness, the hypothetical should be with hillary (not obama) since that's who trump was running against. would the situation be better with hillary over trump?

and your trying to paint this as a left-right thing is just wrong.

any of the democrats or republicans running in 2016 would have gotten a quicker start on this than trump, because none of them have an inherent distrust in science and "the deep state." there's a milion stories out there as to how jared kushner was telling trump this was nothing but a political attack against him. there's similar quotes from trump's chief of staff, sean hannity, on this, in this thread

trump thought the virus would miss us, despite the overwhelming scientific consensus that we would get hammered by it. remember -- he thought we would have ZERO cases in the US by now.

not one person running in 2016 -- besides trump -- would have believed that.

Comments

MumblesBadly: 100% agree!

Gordman: This

big dick: crush that donk

Jayjami:

Load Metric
    i'm curious to get dwai's take on this though

Comments

gauchojake: Rofl

big dick: LMFAO

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

in fairness, the hypothetical should be with hillary (not obama) since that's who trump was running against. would the situation be better with hillary over trump?

any of the democrats or republicans running in 2016 would have gotten a quicker start on this than trump, because none of them have an inherent distrust in science and "the deep state." there's a milion stories out there as to how jared kushner was telling trump this was nothing but a political attack against him. there's similar quotes from trump's chief of staff, sean hannity, on this, in this thread

trump thought the virus would miss us, despite the overwhelming scientific consensus that we would get hammered by it. remember -- he thought we would have ZERO cases in the US by now.

Seriously imagine any respected politician behaving this way? Hillary would be torn apart. Druff you should be ashamed for speaking up for this man.

I can;t even begin to outline the stupidity, ignorance, and narcissism below.

The video was from March 6th....

Comments

MumblesBadly: Druff’s consumption of the Trump-ade prevent is damaged his ability to have shame over his weak-sauce “whataboutism”.
    Last edited by BetCheckBet; 04-02-2020 at 09:14 AM.

Load Metric
    i'm curious to get dwai's take on this though
    GRAPHS AND STATS ARE A HOAX

Comments

sonatine: flawless

blake:

gimmick: cunt

Load Metric

This. It isn’t partisan. There are all kinds of republicans I can’t stand on a variety of issues who I think would have been perfectly adequate on this.

I think my republican governor has been as impressive as hell. Really proactive. He has stepped back and let the state doctor give the briefings and she’s killed it to the point that I have friends in other state’s telling me they watch our daily briefing on the crisis. He’s shown leadership and I will vote for him next election and I never vote for republicans. He’s impressed me that much.

Like I think Cuomo has been a pretty good advocate, but he still also loves the attention. He’s more like Rudy during 9/11, where he likes the attention. 9/11 was much easier to navigate than this.

I think DeWine has struck the perfect tone and action.

Any Republican president would get some pushback because they’re generally put in office by business interests. I actually think that you do need to strike a balance between being proactive and making sure you don’t go overboard to the point you save lives and when it’s over, you have an economy that will make them wish they had died. That’s a real conversation, but not one to be had when you’re still rising, not one to be had publicly and to shoot from the hip on.

I think Trump did some things that I like more than the average Republican during the first few years, but I don’t think it’s possible to show less leadership and fail harder than he has during this. I think almost anyone would have done better than Trump. It’s impossible to do worse.

His rhetoric was absolutely devastating. He downplayed it for purely political reasons. He basically hoped to get lucky. It would be sick and calculated but not devastating if at the same time he was downplaying it he was ramping up test production and ventilator manufacturing. If it was only his rhetoric it would be one thing, but failing on every level is devastating and will make the final body count 2 or 3 times what it would have otherwise been.

There is no way to spin his behavior and statements. We have buried 2% of what we are going to bury and by the time this is done, he will be viewed as the president who killed more Americans than any terrorist ever has.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    are the dispensaries open or is vegas just fucked?
    Not in MA; US Military veterans are giving the governor shit for not deeming them essential

Comments

LegalizeMeth: only recreational closed, can still score if you have a med card

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Like I think Cuomo has been a pretty good advocate, but he still also loves the attention. He’s more like Rudy during 9/11, where he likes the attention.
    not a good read, honestly i cant disagree with this strongly enough. rudy got 10x whatever he asked for. cuomo is literally being told to bend the knee when he asks for respirators, then he bends the knee, then he's told to bid against fema and put his faith in capitalism and stop being a bitch.

the 'cuomo is loving this' narrative is pure right wing disinfo.

Comments

BCR: Well you know I didn’t get it reading right wing shit. Not my list. Perception based on small sample I guess. I just prefer putting doctors on TV to make the case for why you’re getting fucked. Harder to politicize
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Every death story I’m reading of relatively youngish people has the same he couldn’t get tested for weeks story.

It’s always he wasn’t the right demo and wasn’t directly exposed to it. It’s just a box to check.

Almost everyone has someone in their area who has passed. If you feel yourself getting sick, write that name down in case you need it later.

I wouldn’t go to ER unless I had super high fever and trouble breathing. I wouldn’t go just because I felt like shit. I’d ride that out at home. It would have to move to my lungs where I thought I am going to need a ventilator or die.

A lawyer in my area who lives around the corner passed a few days ago. If I got so sick I felt I was going to die, I 100% just ran into that guy at a gas station/drug store and had a long conversation with him and gave him a hug as I said goodbye. He’s gone. Even someone’s wife doesn’t know everyone you happen to know. He’s a lawyer and local talk show host. He knows everyone. Its not like they’re going to start phoning people anyway. Pick someone who lives around you and craft a story the first day the fever hits. The lung part usually goes day 7 or 8. If it gets to that point, getting dicked around for a test by some PA because I wasn’t directly exposed is never happening.

If you’ve had the fever and body aches for a week, the minute you start to labor breathing, that’s when you get your ass in. It seems the anti-malarial gives you a good shot at that point. Once you need ventilated, I don’t think it does much from what I can see.

Comments

Sheesfaced: Have thought about this as well. If I got to that point need a Covid patsy to get a test
    Last edited by BCR; 04-02-2020 at 11:38 AM.

Load Metric
    BCR: Well you know I didn’t get it reading right wing shit. Not my list. Perception based on small sample I guess. I just prefer putting doctors on TV to make the case for why you’re getting fucked. Harder to politicize

i totally hear you and wasnt implying you dip your beak in those watering holes, but thats where a lot of this stuff starts and suddenly it trends. no one minded cuomo being an honest voice in the wilderness until people pointed out that he and fauci were the defacto solutions to the trump echo chamber of nonsense.

also understand that here in new york, people want to know why we dont have supplies and why everything is a cluster of actual fuck. the only message they get from the powers that be is basically 'lol serves you right for allowing immigrants and gays to exist' with a side order of 'clearly your nurses are thieves'.

so cuomo has something of a responsibility to put the truth on the table with regards to where/why things are breaking down. and every time i see him doing to the cable news tour, thats pretty much his agenda.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Offset inadvertent neg

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

i totally hear you and wasnt implying you dip your beak in those watering holes, but thats where a lot of this stuff starts and suddenly it trends. no one minded cuomo being an honest voice in the wilderness until people pointed out that he and fauci were the defacto solutions to the trump echo chamber of nonsense.

also understand that here in new york, people want to know why we dont have supplies and why everything is a cluster of actual fuck. the only message they get from the powers that be is basically 'lol serves you right for allowing immigrants and gays to exist' with a side order of 'clearly your nurses are thieves'.

so cuomo has something of a responsibility to put the truth on the table with regards to where/why things are breaking down. and every time i see him doing to the cable news tour, thats pretty much his agenda.
    Yeah, that’s why I said he was a good advocate. He has a fiery disposition and he’s fighting hard. He’s came off well for the most part. He is pissed for good reason, but I’m dragging random doctors with me in on every briefing when I’m advocating for more shit. Its easy to play politics with Cuomo and the you can be 100% right and 100% be getting dicked around because Trump is an asshole. It’s just the whole brother doing CNN show from home thing and blue state and all of it. I’d I’m dying I’d rather my governor kiss the ring and get me my ventilator than piss him off. The time for that is after imo.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Whete is devidee when you need him

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...plies/2352135/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Well if devidee was going to come back and talk about firing up the ovens, this would be the place.

Dude should be hung in Times Square

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post
    are the dispensaries open or is vegas just fucked?
    Not in MA; US Military veterans are giving the governor shit for not deeming them essential

He did. Mine’s open. Every Veteran should get handed a medical card on the way home.

https://missiondispensaries.com/georgetown/

Comments

Shizzmoney: Vets get shipped an insta medical card rep

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Welp, looks like Trump lied:

Travel data of passengers arriving in the U.S. from China during the critical period in December, January and February shows a stunning 759,493 people entered the U.S.
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/disa...l_twitter_abcn

Load Metric

Thread Information