Page 566 of 947 FirstFirst ... 66466516556562563564565566567568569570576616666 ... LastLast
Results 11,301 to 11,320 of 18936

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Looks like he either had preexisting conditions which weren't disclosed, or he was just really unlucky.

It's very uncommon to die at age 41 of COVID without preexisting conditions. It happens, but it's pretty rare.

However, this type of thing is also why I've been so careful regarding avoiding getting it (though more out of fear of lung damage than fear of death).
    Where do you get this information from that it's very uncommon to die without pre-existing conditions? From Facebook or actual stats?

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c....htm#AgeAndSex

I mean there is an overlap between Covid and Pneumonia, but wouldn't you blame the pneumonia on Covid? Or you're taking the opposite approach?

How can one person be on a sonatine level of lockdown yet be chiming in that this Republican death was "likely due to pre-existing conditions or really unlucky"?
    Because it's true.

According to the CDC link above (which I've referred to before, btw), which is dated Dec 23, only 5298 deaths occurred from COVID in the 35-44 range. There are 41.6 million people in that age range. On that date, there had been 291,757 deaths total.

This means 0.012% of total people 35-44 died of COVID as of December 23.

Additionally, they make up just 1.8% of all COVID deaths, despite being 12.7% of the population.

Furthermore, almost all of these 5,298 had preexisting conditions. The younger the person, the higher the chance COVID the death involved preexisting conditions. For example, for kids Ben's age (10), almost none are dying without major preexisting conditions. Here is one study which discusses the preexisting condition matter: https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...13935120307854

I am NOT talking about comorbidities at death, such as situations where pneumonia and COVID are listed together on the death certificate. That's something different, as death comorbidities are the actual causes of death, whereas preexisting conditions are prior conditions which allow COVID to kill you more easily. There's obviously crossover, but they're two entirely different concepts. You are focusing upon death comorbidities, and I am talking about preexisting conditions.

The bottom line is that VERY FEW people under 45 are dying without preexisting conditions. It happens, but it's uncommon.

The media and the government don't like discussing this, because they want to keep people cautious. If they admit, "Almost everyone dying of this is either old or has preexisting conditions", this will lead to much less cooperation when it comes to masking and social distancing. Thus, the message from the media has long involved underplaying the true danger to elderly people, and overplaying the danger to non-elderly people. There was an interesting chart I posted somewhat recently, which showed the immense difference between the public's perception of vulnerability (by age) and the true vulnerability.

My concern here is about permanent lung damage, which is far more common in middle aged people than young, and isn't unusual to get if you're my age with COVID.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

Only people over 95 die from covid so he must have been on death’s door from pre existing conditions.
    Ya super unhealthy guy.

Here he is, December 5th with his wife and small children. Clearly was already on death’s door.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    that's fucked up that this guy is dead from this shit

looks plenty healthy to me

Load Metric
    Healthy Illinois woman, 18, dies days after contracting coronavirus, family says

An 18-year-old Illinois woman died just days after contracting the coronavirus, according to her family.

Sarah Simental, who lived in the Chicago suburb of Tinley Park, died from the virus the day after Christmas, Cook County officials said.

The virus "literally just ate her through," the woman’s mother, Deborah Simental, told WLS-TV of Chicago.

"No parent should have to watch their child go through that," she added.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/healthy-i...us-family-says

She got it wednesday and was dead sunday

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    Healthy Illinois woman, 18, dies days after contracting coronavirus, family says

An 18-year-old Illinois woman died just days after contracting the coronavirus, according to her family.

Sarah Simental, who lived in the Chicago suburb of Tinley Park, died from the virus the day after Christmas, Cook County officials said.

The virus "literally just ate her through," the woman’s mother, Deborah Simental, told WLS-TV of Chicago.

Yes, this is tragic.

But what's your point?

Did you know that more 18-year-olds die of the flu in a typical year than they have of COVID in 2020?

Do you realize that only 99 Americans under 15 have died of COVID in 2020, out of over 60 million such kids in the country?

Do you realize that only 567 Americans under 25 have died of COVID in 2020, despite a population of over 103 million in the country?

Why are you posting outliers and expecting that to change the conversation?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    THE COLD HARD FACTS

Date: 12/23/20

US population, ages 0-34: 149 million
    COVID deaths, ages 0-34: 2,608

US population, ages 35+: 179 million
    COVID deaths, ages 35+: 289,149

But yeah, let's pretend that everyone's at roughly the same danger.

SCIENCE!!!

Load Metric

Yes, this is tragic.

But what's your point?

Did you know that more 18-year-olds die of the flu in a typical year than they have of COVID in 2020?

Do you realize that only 99 Americans under 15 have died of COVID in 2020, out of over 60 million such kids in the country?

Do you realize that only 567 Americans under 25 have died of COVID in 2020, despite a population of over 103 million in the country?

Better question is this

How do you think the trump team is handling the vaccine distribution? They promised 20m will be vaccinated by end of december

2.1 million have been vaccinated

10% of the GOAL

Just one more way that fucking asshole failed America

you know the guy you voted for

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Yes, this is tragic.

But what's your point?

Better question is this

How do you think the trump team is handling the vaccine distribution? They promised 20m will be vaccinated by end of december

10% of the GOAL

I haven't looked into what is causing the delay, or who's at fault, so I can't comment if the blame needs to fall in Trump's lap, or elsewhere.

However, I do know that almost all Republicans want to see the elderly given vaccine priority, while your party wants "essential workers" at the same priority level, even ones who are 25 and healthy.

I also know that smart, informed liberals such as Nate Silver are calling out Democrats for putting wokeness over human lives. I also know that Republican-run Texas and Florida are refusing to go along with this, and are distributing it to the elderly before young "essential workers".

So yes, I'd prefer having Republicans in charge of distributing this than Democrats.

Load Metric
    Better question is this

10% of the GOAL

I haven't looked into what is causing the delay, or who's at fault, so I can't comment if the blame needs to fall in Trump's lap, or elsewhere.

However, I do know that almost all Republicans want to see the elderly given vaccine priority, while your party wants "essential workers" at the same priority level, even ones who are 25 and healthy.

I also know that smart, informed liberals such as Nate Silver are calling out Democrats for putting wokeness over human lives. I also know that Republican-run Texas and Florida are refusing to go along with this, and are distributing it to the elderly before young "essential workers".

So yes, I'd prefer having Republicans in charge of distributing this than Democrats.
    Syracuse, N.Y. -- Doctors, nurses and other health care providers and institutions that fraudulently jump the coronavirus vaccine line will face a $1 million fine, revocation of all professional licenses and possible criminal prosecution, state officials said today.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo plans to sign an executive order today outlining the punishments for health care providers who skirt New York’s vaccination distribution plan.

“We’re very serious about this,” Cuomo said today. “You’re going to see more and more of this. The vaccine is a valuable commodity.”

Load Metric
    Better question is this

10% of the GOAL

You didn't look into who's fault it is?

I will give you a hint where to look

take a look into the man who is in charge of the entire country the "CEO"

If a company doesn't turn a profit who would get fired? Sure some low level people lose their jobs but in the end the CEO is the one who is responsible

Trump is responsible for ensuring the vaccine is distributed fairly and in a timely manner.
    So far we are at 10% of what we should be

Maybe blame Pelosi? Or AOC maybe?

national plan might have helped the cause..

TRUMP FUCKED THIS WHOLE THING UP AND IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU SAY OR HOW MUCH YOU DENY IT

THE GUY YOU VOTED FOR 2X HAS FUCKED THIS COUNTRY UP FOR A LONG TIME

you and every asshole who voted for trump should have to wear a red star on your sleeve for the rest of your lives so we can identify you fucks

similar to a star on a pedos window

just so everyone knows and you can't just blend back into society

Comments

mickeycrimm: libtard psychobabble

gimmick:
    Last edited by big dick; 12-29-2020 at 10:55 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

If a company doesn't turn a profit who would get fired? Sure some low level people lose their jobs but in the end the CEO is the one who is responsible

Trump is responsible for ensuring the vaccine is distributed fairly and in a timely manner.

US government doesn't work that way.

For example, there are many state/local matters where the federal government has little power. Also, the President runs the Executive Branch, which has 4 million employees. He can't vet or control them all. This is how we ended up with woke leftists in the CDC making those idiotic vaccine distribution recommendations, even though they work under the Executive Branch.

Seriously, I haven't looked into why the vaccine distribution has been slow. If you know, send me some articles about it. Otherwise you are talking out your ass, as usual.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Syracuse, N.Y. -- Doctors, nurses and other health care providers and institutions that fraudulently jump the coronavirus vaccine line will face a $1 million fine, revocation of all professional licenses and possible criminal prosecution, state officials said today.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo plans to sign an executive order today outlining the punishments for health care providers who skirt New York’s vaccination distribution plan.

“We’re very serious about this,” Cuomo said today. “You’re going to see more and more of this. The vaccine is a valuable commodity.”
    This is so typical Cuomo.

He loves performative, pseudo straight-talk. He tries to come off as responsible, sensible, and no-nonsense. In reality, the guy is a hypocritical, incompetent leftist.

Sure, it's great that they're enacting a $1 million fine to prevent people from jumping the line. However, that will only prevent a small percentage of early vaccines from ending up in the wrong places.

Is Cuomo going along with the CDC recommendation to put 25-year-old grocery store workers at the same priority level as 95-year-olds with preexisting conditions, even though the science says that's idiotic?

I would guess he is. I've only heard that Texas and Florida are going against this. I imagine that only Republican-governed states will refuse to go along with the CDC here. So according to straight talking Cuomo, we've gotta clamp down REAL FRICKIN HARD on the handful of rich people bribing their way into early vaccination, but we can waste millions of early vaccines on young/healthy "essential workers" who are almost 100% to both survive and fully recover from COVID.

Symbolism over substance, as usual.

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric

US government doesn't work that way.

For example, there are many state/local matters where the federal government has little power. Also, the President runs the Executive Branch, which has 4 million employees. He can't vet or control them all. This is how we ended up with woke leftists in the CDC making those idiotic vaccine distribution recommendations, even though they work under the Executive Branch.

Seriously, I haven't looked into why the vaccine distribution has been slow. If you know, send me some articles about it. Otherwise you are talking out your ass, as usual.
    I already told you

TRUMP

He is the one who would't set up a national plan

Load Metric
    Hey guys America is about to go to war with germany and japan

okay!

were gonna have new york and idaho take on the japs

we'll have illinois and indiana take on germany

good plan!!! let's get em!

Load Metric
    It’s interesting that Druff’s greatest concern is lung damage.

Mine would be the affect on the brain. The Covid fog some people (athletes) describe. The possibility of Parkinson’s or dementia as was experienced years later in some of the Spanish Flu sufferers sounds like fun.

It’s not alt-right but it’s close. Wall Street Journal

People who already suffer from brain damage drone on about mortality. The math is easy. Please move on.

We still know so little.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    It’s interesting that Druff’s greatest concern is lung damage.

Mine would be the affect on the brain. The Covid fog some people (athletes) describe. The possibility of Parkinson’s or dementia as was experienced years later in some of the Spanish Flu sufferers sounds like fun.

It’s not alt-right but it’s close. Wall Street Journal

People who already suffer from brain damage drone on about mortality. The math is easy. Please move on.

We still know so little.

You're correct that we still know relatively little about COVID, so that's another reason I am cautious. Still, we've dealt with it for almost a year now, so there are certain conclusions to which we can fairly safely arrive.

I'm aware of the brain damage and heart damage after-effects. However, these are far less common than the lung damage in middle-aged people, which is why I'm particularly worried about the lung damage. It's a numbers game. At my age, everything is on the table, ranging from asymptomatic to death. However, the most realistic negative possibility is lung damage, which you can get without being too unlucky. I know several people who have this damage, and all are near our age. Even our little liberal buddy Sloppy Joe got it, and he's only 34.

Gotta do the math and decide what is realistic to fear, rather than worry about worst-case (dumb) or completely dismiss the danger (dumber).

Load Metric
    Looks like he either had preexisting conditions which weren't disclosed, or he was just really unlucky.

It's very uncommon to die at age 41 of COVID without preexisting conditions. It happens, but it's pretty rare.

However, this type of thing is also why I've been so careful regarding avoiding getting it (though more out of fear of lung damage than fear of death).
    Where do you get this information from that it's very uncommon to die without pre-existing conditions? From Facebook or actual stats?

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c....htm#AgeAndSex

I mean there is an overlap between Covid and Pneumonia, but wouldn't you blame the pneumonia on Covid? Or you're taking the opposite approach?

How can one person be on a sonatine level of lockdown yet be chiming in that this Republican death was "likely due to pre-existing conditions or really unlucky"?
    from the fucking NUMBERS you fucking Canadian faggot doomer, got that info from FACEBOOK

nice BOOMER joke you stupid faggot

Load Metric

Yes, this is tragic.

But what's your point?

Better question is this

10% of the GOAL

The data is trailing and will catch up. Virtually every dose that’s been shipped has been given out.

It may end up being closer to 16-18 million being vaccinated in December but it’s going quickly.

I mentioned this once previously but I am oddly close to my State’s Public Health department because of software we build. The problem with reporting is hospitals are setup to do reporting to State but the vaccine has been shipped to many long-term care and private pharmacies and they almost never have to do any reporting.

I personally know dozens of people who have already been vaccinated both in healthcare and long-term care fields.

Load Metric
    big dick pissing his CNN TDS all over the thread again.

he must've had a few drinks last night

Name:  f2l43.gif
Views: 185
Size:  1.60 MB

Load Metric
    the problem with leftie liberal retards like big dick and sonatine

Name:  ce43b9b.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  194.4 KB

JUST WEAR A MASK BIGOT

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    I wonder if his wife agrees with this today.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    guy is right faggot just cause he's dead now doesn't make him any less right, ya fucking coward

Thread Information