Page 210 of 946 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220260310710 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,200 of 18903

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    i reaaaally can't wait to walk into my bank wearing a hat, shades and a bandana covering my face next week
    Are your banks open? We have just drive thrus and atms.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    How is it capitalism when your military is acting as DHL? And then DHL is bidding against the states? You think the company using military planes might favor the fed? How about just straight up purchase what you can, pick it up, and disburse it by need? Doesn’t that make far more sense?
    It’s not like they are taking every single shipment of supplies. They are moving supplies critical to the containment of the virus. Also they are doing this for multiple companies so the companies still need to compete for the business.

Honestly you would be surprised at the lack of coordination on any level between the government agencies and the states procurement processes. Couple that with the companies that sell the stuff being in compete chaos and nobody really knows what is going on. Also the FBI is already actively investigating many of these companies for price gouging. So there’s that.

I would venture to say that most of these supplies are still being delivered in the traditional way. A very small percent is being brought in by the government. It looks shady af I agree, but there’s a little more to it. The military didn’t just take over medical supply distribution for free. I wish!

Comments

Dan Druff: correct

BCR: Thank you for the context. Realize you’re not defending it. Simply explaining. Sounds like a clown show.

GambleBotsChafedPenis: More On The Ground Reporting Rep

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    So I was on PFA in the middle of the night and I started feeling cold. I looked at the temperature in the house and it was around 70. I usually like it a bit warmer than 70, but 70 is fine. I shouldn't have felt this cold sitting in 70 degrees.

Then I went out to walk my ancient dog, and I came back in feeling really cold. Granted, it was 47 degrees outside, but I was wearing a jacket and again, I never come back in from that feeling cold unless it's close to freezing outside.

I had a feeling something was wrong. What scared me the most was the fact that, in my own experience, chills usually indicate that I have a fever and it's rising.

I went to get a thermometer. I've never dreaded seeing an elevated temperature like this. While I almost never get fevers anymore, when I do, it's more of a novelty. "Oh look, my temperature is over 100!", I would think. This time I was terrified of seeing that.

So I took my temperature, and indeed the results were abnormal.

But not in the way you're suspecting.

My temperature was 95.8.

I took it again. This time 96.2.

Took it again. 95.9.

Took it again 96.3.

Somehow my body temperature fell to 96 degrees. I quickly googled coronavirus and low temperature and nothing came up. Apparently the only temperature variation you get is a fever, not an anti-fever.

Weird.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Dude! Chill the fuck out!

TheXFactor: APRIL FOOLS!!!

GrenadaRoger: better reading if you use Ben's old anal thermometer

Load Metric
    copied the first two dozen comments on youtube regarding Trump refusing to wear a mask....

bino mejia
    10 minutes ago
    😂😂your president is hilarious ...i vote for him..

CAJUN Patriot
    CAJUN Patriot
    20 minutes ago
    You didn’t give time for the Surgeon general to speaker hear the whole story!!! You going to become a CNN NOW?

Pyro
    Pyro
    15 minutes ago
    He should wear a Punisher mask. Would look badass.

Alien Menace
    Alien Menace
    21 minutes ago
    He doesnt believe there bs

Danielle Everhart
    Danielle Everhart
    23 minutes ago
    God bless everyone and your families!

Jason Drake
    Jason Drake
    8 minutes ago
    “I have to look representable” easy answer.

Carolyn Sullivan
    Carolyn Sullivan
    16 minutes ago
    I’m with him not doing it no need .... I feel all should do what you feel is best for you . I’m at home 90% of the time and if I go out I try to keep my distance from others.

CHERYL G
    CHERYL G
    23 minutes ago
    I don’t blame him. I can’t stand anything covering my mouth & nose like that.

Joe Reyes
    Joe Reyes
    12 minutes ago
    Yeah. Don’t wear one. Drop by the hospital n see how tough u are lol. Do it

Pork money
    Pork money
    18 minutes ago
    ...put a muzzle- uh I mean mask on all the propaganda hacks parading as journalist

Garey Stevenson
    Garey Stevenson
    22 minutes ago
    I believe he is correct. I am not going to wear a mask at home.

glen mann
    glen mann
    23 minutes ago
    GOOD JOB PREZ! He should NOT wear a mask for this deep state flu.... 🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲

Deepest Blue
    Deepest Blue
    14 minutes ago
    okay Russia

Adrian Messenger
    Adrian Messenger
    3 minutes ago
    @Deepest Blue
    Ok, China!

KEMA GROVES
    KEMA GROVES
    23 seconds ago
    Nope 🙅 there is no need to wear a mask because you are not willing to visit nurses or doctors in New York or other Emergency Hospital Rooms to see how Real this Pandemic is. Sitting in that Oval office isolates you from the Reality of seeing how people are fighting this war on a face to face encounter against the virus.

Deep Drop
    Deep Drop
    9 seconds ago
    trump is a filthy scumbag piece of trash terrorist and his supporters are America’s garbage

Aunt Cynthia
    Aunt Cynthia
    23 minutes ago
    Mask won’t help that much your better off doing social distance and gloves paper mask isn’t much help the cotton ones work

Deborah S. Nelson
    Deborah S. Nelson
    3 minutes ago
    Me too I won’t wear one. It’s a constant reminder of being in fear instead of faith.

Mike the evolution DESTROYER
    Mike the evolution DESTROYER
    5 minutes ago (edited)
    I'm not wearing a mask either it's not gonna stop pathogens/bacterias/viruses your Immune System will 😊😊

Steven Winterhill
    Steven Winterhill
    5 minutes ago
    It makes him look weak....I'm sure he's thinking that...I wouldn't wear one either...

Crystalline Kristine
    Crystalline Kristine
    6 minutes ago
    He should shave his head and grow a beard.

E O
    E O
    16 minutes ago
    He don't need to wear a damn Mac half the people in the freaking world are not and we're in a freaking math get over it reporters

Leland B
    Leland B
    10 minutes ago
    Why hasn't anyone asked if this was Kim Jung Uns Christmas present that he spoke of. I don't think he likes China anymore than he does the US.

Aaron Goldman
    Aaron Goldman
    18 minutes ago
    I don’t need one either is that a problem no

Adrian Messenger
    Adrian Messenger
    6 minutes ago
    Would you, Fox 10 Phoenix employers?
    Do you screen every single person that comes in from the public?
    No, you don't.
    PRESIDENT TRUMP IS EXTREMELY WELL PROTECTED.

florence flores
    florence flores
    8 minutes ago
    Trump KNOWS in his gut what's up. He's a man of Faith...

Ben Dover
    Ben Dover
    10 minutes ago
    Give Canada their masks back you unprepared dope

Load Metric
    What would we do if we were at war? A real war. How would we go about it? I don’t know the answer I mean we lost a little over 400,000 in WW2 over 4 years. We are going to lose half that in four months. Seems more decisive measures are warranted than business as usual.

I don’t want them to steal all of them for America, but we have as many cases today as countries 2-9 combined.
    Last edited by BCR; 04-03-2020 at 02:45 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    i reaaaally can't wait to walk into my bank wearing a hat, shades and a bandana covering my face next week
    Do people still go to banks? I honestly can’t remember the last time I was in one.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    What would we do if we were at war? A real war. How would we go about it? I don’t know the answer I mean we lost a little over 400,000 in WW2 over 4 years. We are going to lose half that in four months. Seems more decisive measures are warranted than business as usual.

I don’t want them to steal all of them for America, but we have as many cases today as countries 2-9 combined.
    Not sure what you mean by this.

400,000 is a little more than 0.1% of the population. The majority of that 400,000 wasn't going to live that much longer anyway.

I'm not saying this isn't a big deal. But it's not a population-altering event.

And right now is anything but "business as usual".

Comments

splitthis: Your logic and calls are so wrong

Sanlmar: Split accidentally green repped - fixed

MumblesBadly: Jesus Fucking Christ, Druff! What the fuck is wrong with you????

Muck Ficon: Unreal

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Not sure what you mean by this.

400,000 is a little more than 0.1% of the population. The majority of that 400,000 wasn't going to live that much longer anyway.

I'm not saying this isn't a big deal. But it's not a population-altering event.

And right now is anything but "business as usual".
    Why do we even bother celebrating Veterans Day by that logic? Those 200000 people have more life expectancy in them than the 5 or 6 thousand people who have died in Afghanistan and Iraq over almost 20 years. Possibly more than Vietnam if we skew towards 300k.

Looks at that chart of NY deaths, lot of people who would live another 20 years.

Why are we defaulting to being a shipping company? I get that expedites the process, but we are being a shipping company for war profiteers that are turning around and selling masks and PPE to guys from Latin America showing up with suitcases of cash. Look at the Florida health secretary talking about exactly that.

Load Metric
    Kudos to Trump here...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Not saying they should do this. As I understand it, they are assisting companies who routinely provide these products in getting their supplies from their typical manufacturers and then flying it to the US. So company A who sells medical supplies to the acute care market procures white labeled supplies from a manufacturer in China. Instead of sending the stuff via boat or airfreight using Air China or DHL the government is assisting in the transportation. The rest of the supply chain is still intact.
    If the government is helping companies (free of charge, btw) get these supplies into the US, how can anyone possibly justify auctioning off these supplies to the highest bidders when lives are at stake? Then the federal government literally is outbidding the states that they told to get these items themselves. The supply chain is definitely not in tact. I can;t see how this is anywhere near ok.

As for everyone shouting about the aid bill delay, it was an existing bill that was turned into the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act. It was put on the agenda and allowed to proceed in the senate on 3/20, was approved unanimously by the senate on 3/25, passed by the House on 3/27, and signed by the President on 3/27. If you think a full week is a long time to pass a multi-trillion dollar bill that originally had over a trillion dollars earmarked for businesses with no strings attached and no oversight, well, not much I can do for you. To think the only reason it was "delayed" was because of Democratic pork is silly, and wrong.

Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Not saying they should do this. As I understand it, they are assisting companies who routinely provide these products in getting their supplies from their typical manufacturers and then flying it to the US. So company A who sells medical supplies to the acute care market procures white labeled supplies from a manufacturer in China. Instead of sending the stuff via boat or airfreight using Air China or DHL the government is assisting in the transportation. The rest of the supply chain is still intact.
    If the government is helping companies (free of charge, btw) get these supplies into the US, how can anyone possibly justify auctioning off these supplies to the highest bidders when lives are at stake? Then the federal government literally is outbidding the states that they told to get these items themselves. The supply chain is definitely not in tact. I can;t see how this is anywhere near ok.

As for everyone shouting about the aid bill delay, it was an existing bill that was turned into the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act. It was put on the agenda and allowed to proceed in the senate on 3/20, was approved unanimously by the senate on 3/25, passed by the House on 3/27, and signed by the President on 3/27. If you think a full week is a long time to pass a multi-trillion dollar bill that originally had over a trillion dollars earmarked for businesses with no strings attached and no oversight, well, not much I can do for you.
    So what point are you trying to make here?

That the pork and other crap put in the bill by the Democrats was okay, because it only took a week to pass? Or that this stuff was already there because they converted it from an existing bill, and they just didn't have time to remove that stuff?

Either argument is flawed, btw.

Load Metric
    My temperature was 95.8.

Took it again. 95.9.

Took it again 96.3.
    Those inexpensive digital thermometers you can get at CVS and places like that are massively shitty. They're almost worse than nothing. I've gotten a full degree difference in temps within minutes on those deals.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    My temperature was 95.8.

Took it again. 95.9.

Took it again 96.3.
    Those inexpensive digital thermometers you can get at CVS and places like that are massively shitty. They're almost worse than nothing. I've gotten a full degree difference in temps within minutes on those deals.
    Half agree.

I used to have both one of those digital thermometers AND an old-school type manual one.

Sadly, last year I broke the manual one (which wasn't mercury, thankfully), and forgot to replace it. Wish I had now.

I found the manual one was more consistent and accurate, and I saw the 1 degree variance on the digital one. However, I never saw the digital one being way off.

For example, I didn't see it where the digital one reported me as having 101 and the manual one reporting 98.6, or vice versa.

Load Metric
    Most of these items have tariffs on them so in a sense the companies that import them pre paid for the freight. FYI when the feds were asked for relief on the tariffs they were

I don't know specifics of any auctions going on. I know that we get bids from all sorts of government agencies. None of them are auctions. Typically we get a list of items that we are to bid/price and a potential order quantity. We bid the deal and that's it. There's no competition for higher prices as far as I know. Now the volume of the request might influence the priority of the bid but it's not like the feds or states are sending us a price they are willing to pay.

Load Metric
    So I was on PFA in the middle of the night and I started feeling cold. I looked at the temperature in the house and it was around 70. I usually like it a bit warmer than 70, but 70 is fine. I shouldn't have felt this cold sitting in 70 degrees.

Then I went out to walk my ancient dog, and I came back in feeling really cold. Granted, it was 47 degrees outside, but I was wearing a jacket and again, I never come back in from that feeling cold unless it's close to freezing outside.

I had a feeling something was wrong. What scared me the most was the fact that, in my own experience, chills usually indicate that I have a fever and it's rising.

I went to get a thermometer. I've never dreaded seeing an elevated temperature like this. While I almost never get fevers anymore, when I do, it's more of a novelty. "Oh look, my temperature is over 100!", I would think. This time I was terrified of seeing that.

My temperature was 95.8.

Took it again. 95.9.

Took it again 96.3.

Somehow my body temperature fell to 96 degrees. I quickly googled coronavirus and low temperature and nothing came up. Apparently the only temperature variation you get is a fever, not an anti-fever.

Weird.
    If your temp drops below 95 then you have a severe infection. I had a patient that had a 94 once. I couldn’t believe it and took it anal and it was the same. Called the squad, he didn’t live. Either a temp too high or too low can mean infection. Usually people with low temps feel hot not cold so not sure wtf was wrong with you.

Comments

sonatine: ass play rep
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric

So what point are you trying to make here?

That the pork and other crap put in the bill by the Democrats was okay, because it only took a week to pass? Or that this stuff was already there because they converted it from an existing bill, and they just didn't have time to remove that stuff?

Either argument is flawed, btw.
    No, my point was that the bill first voted on was essentially a trillion dollar money give-away to corporate america with literally no strings attached, and a lot less money earmarked for hospitals and public health than the final version was. At that point, companies receiving money didn;t even have to retain their employees for any amount of time. I'm not gonna justify anyone adding pork to the bill, but that wasn't why it was not passed the first 2 times in the Senate. It wasn't passed because it didn't allow any oversight of what is done with the money once the bill was passed. Dems added on their pork, but the first version was almost unfettered pork to begin with. None of that was right.

Any time a bill is written by 1 party and passed without objection, its almost always a terrible bill. I think we can all agree to that, no? The version voted on @ 3/23 was not a good bill.

When I say the bill was an existing bill, I mean that HR748 was originally a bill introduced last year about other stuff entirely that was turned into a coronavirus bill. I shouldnt have even mentioned it, its just a weird footnote.
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 04-03-2020 at 03:36 PM.

Load Metric

I found the manual one was more consistent and accurate, and I saw the 1 degree variance on the digital one. However, I never saw the digital one being way off.
    1 degree variance I would consider to be way off. They only have to be correct between ~95 degrees and 105 degrees.

For example, say last week, if you were at 100.5 degrees, and the thermometer says you are 99.9 degrees, you couldn't get corona tested in most of the US.
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 04-03-2020 at 03:34 PM.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Who the fuck still goes to the bank in the year 2020
    Slava Ukraini!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post

My temperature was 95.8.

Took it again. 95.9.

Took it again 96.3.

Weird.
    If your temp drops below 95 then you have a severe infection. I had a patient that had a 94 once. I couldn’t believe it and took it anal and it was the same. Called the squad, he didn’t live. Either a temp too high or too low can mean infection. Usually people with low temps feel hot not cold so not sure wtf was wrong with you.
    Back to mid 97s now, which is actually my normal (and normal for most people, actually).

Still feel chills today. Also some mild fatigue. At least I'm not coughing or having breathing issues, so probably not corona.

Thread Information