Page 24 of 946 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124524 ... LastLast

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric

phew, finally.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Endangered delicacy pangolin may have sparked coronavirus outbreak, China researchers say

https://nypost.com/2020/02/07/endang...searchers-say/

It is too late to contain this virus.
    Millions of people will die.

All because of this fucking ugly creature.

Load Metric
    Chen Qiushi, a citizen journalist who had been doing critical reporting from Wuhan, the central Chinese city at the epicenter of the outbreak, went missing on Thursday evening, just as hundreds of thousands of people in China began demanding freedom of speech online.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    from windy.com, this is a map of sulfur in the air over wudang:

its from crematoriums.

be advised; you dont generate a cloud of sulfur this size from 800'ish bodies.
    I spent a lot of time going down this rabbit hole yesterday. All these rumors of crematoriums and mass deaths all start with this guy. Guo Wengui. He’s an exiled billionaire who has long-standing issues with China’s government.

It’s why I’m focused so much on how this is progressing in other countries. Not just to be contrarian .China is acting like a country who has a major problem. China is acting like a country who is burning 50k bodies and trying to hide it.

This exiled dude reminds me so fucking much of this dude. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmed_Chalabi.

When people look back and try to figure out how the fuck we got ourselves into Iraq, they always forget this dude, but in the run up to the war, our intelligence agencies had this dude on speed dial.

This Chinese exile guy fueling all this stuff reminds me so much of Chalabi because you think to yourself, he still has the connections there to know. Why would he be making this shit up?iraq acted like a country who had wmd’s.

So, imo, you have to be super skeptical of these exiled guys who have an axe to grind even if you know the government they have issues with is incredibly sketchy and capable of doing what he’s accusing them of. Even if they’re acting guilty as hell.

Thankfully in this case it’s a disease where it’s going to be very clear in a few weeks when we have a few thousand cases outside China. If we start seeing bodies pile up in a way that suggests this is much worse than China is letting on, then it validates this exiled billionaire and this narrative he’s driving.

If we end up with 3k cases abroad., and 15 deaths, we are going to be able to say China sure as fuck acted heavy handed and like they were dealing with the plague, but their numbers were accurate and they just acted that way because they’re China and they weren’t taking any chances of train-wrecking their economy.

Comments

Sheesfaced:

Diamond
    Load Metric

phew, finally.
    That's Jackie Chan right? LOL. Amazing. Tucker and Chan should do Rush Hour 8 where they fight the Corona Virus.

Id bend over the dude at 1:05 though, even if I have to wear a hazmat suit.

Load Metric
    from windy.com, this is a map of sulfur in the air over wudang:

its from crematoriums.

be advised; you dont generate a cloud of sulfur this size from 800'ish bodies.

Uhh... That province is a major petroleum refining/petrochemical industrial region of China. Given China’s lax regulatory enforcement, high levels of sulfuric pollutants being pumped into the air by that industry is to be expected absent any increase in cremations.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    when people talk about the dark genius of landmines, they are referring to how they take off a leg and now you need dozens of people people to carry off the soldier, triage him, drive him to a hospital, and continue treatment.

coronavirus compels people to go to hospitals where they infect medical staff, who proceed to infect people they come into contact with (whom are already sick/compromised obviously) as well as people being released because they are ostensibly healthy. so you have this incredible multiple-day period where hundreds to thousands of people can become infected by a single carrier.

the fact that we dont have hotlines set up and a screening system at the entrance to hospitals should alarm everyone.

we had plenty of warning.

Load Metric
    https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl...a3a-story.html

hospitals are refusing to release any data about coronavirus infections. totally normal.

Load Metric
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Cooking/com..._in_lockdowns/

this is very important and underscores something thats been bothering me quite a bit; how to get veggies during a grid disruption in winter. cant just plant em and suck it up until they grow. probably best play is to jar up _lots_ of tomato sauce.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Serious question though Sonatine. When you said you're mail order stuff is sitting on the porch for 48 hours after its delivered, there is part of me that thinks you might be sarcastic rather than serious. If you were in fact serious, why 48 hours and why outside? (I'm assuming you're in a cold climate). Did you hear this somewhere or is this something you determined on your own?

Comments

donkdowndonedied: Do you also believe bodies would give off clouds of sulfer when burned?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    "donkdowndonedied: Do you also believe bodies would give off clouds of sulfer when burned?"

I never even said whether I believed it or not idiot. I merely asked where he came up with this.

Load Metric
    the virus has a limited shelf life outside of a host. one of many ways you can STAY SAFE during this pandemic.

Load Metric
    Chinese Agriculture Ministry: New H5N6 Bird Flu Case Found In Sichuan Province – RTRS

Load Metric
    Name:  Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 7.58.25 PM.png
Views: 387
Size:  415.8 KB

Load Metric

Load Metric

this is very important and underscores something thats been bothering me quite a bit; how to get veggies during a grid disruption in winter. cant just plant em and suck it up until they grow. probably best play is to jar up _lots_ of tomato sauce.
    astronauts live months in space without fresh vegetables, while over 200 years ago English seamen survived months at sea eating vinegar cabbage to hold off scurvy...I am sure you can adapt their diet to your living housebound hermit style for a few months

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: soooo he can just carry on as normal eh?
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 02-09-2020 at 06:33 PM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post

astronauts live months in space without fresh vegetables, while over 200 years ago English seamen survived months at sea eating vinegar cabbage to hold off scurvy...I am sure you can adapt their diet to your living housebound hermit style for a few months

of course i can, i live in a bunker on a couple of private acres with fish and game outside my door and a private well.

its not about me, its about SAVING LIVES.

Comments

GrenadaRoger: oh yes of course...pokerfraudalert lives matter too

Load Metric
    You going full zerohedge?

Load Metric
    CCP just sent the military into Shanghai to start locking it down.

Thread Information