Page 531 of 946 FirstFirst ... 31431481521527528529530531532533534535541581631 ... LastLast
Results 10,601 to 10,620 of 18903

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

I made this sarcastic post yesterday sitting in my doctors office as I had my routine yearly bloodwork. I would have skipped it, but I started back up on my trt after taking a brief break, so wanted to make sure everything was on point with cholesterol and full blood panel. Everything was fantastic, so good there.

They had called the previous day and asked me if I had a fever, been in contact with anyone with Covid, etc. They had never done that before. So when he got in the room, I said you got your girls calling everyone. Your staff ok? I’ve known this doctor a long time and while we weren’t friends growing up, we have a lot of mutual friends as we are the exact same age and I’ve been with him like 7 years now, so we talk pretty freely.

He leaned into and told me kind of quietly,”you wouldn’t believe these ignorant motherfuckers. I’m seeing 5 classic Covid cases a day. They lie to get past my staff and then the minute I walk into the room. they start telling me they can’t taste or smell anything and their chest hurts and their sister just tested positive.” He was legit irritated as hell. He said I just look at them like wtf, I don’t even have tests here, can’t do anything for you, and now you just exposed my entire staff. He said he spends hours on the phone every night dealing with questions and anxiety shit from it.

He said he’s losing about 3 or 4 people a week. He said a girl in her 40s was down to 23% oxygen levels and intubated earlier that week and he didn’t think she was going to make it, but she had seemed to take a turn for the better since. I asked if the deaths are running along the demographic norms. Over 70? He said yeah, over 60 for most, but said he’s lost a number our age. I said I read a lot about masks and them not being as effective as thought, and he said I’m seeing cases every day, how haven’t I caught it if they aren’t effective?

I said I didn’t grasp how 50 people could get sick outside at White House and him not despite treating people ever day if they weren’t effective? He said yes, of course they are effective. You can still get it, but these people are nuts, and they work the vast majority of the time or he’d have gotten it 6 months ago.

This dude has always been right wing. At the start of pandemic he said these Chinese fucked us good this time. He’s made other clearly right wing comments. He just assumes I agree being white middle aged guy, and that’s about 80% here. I never argue obviously. I like the guy. He’s not spouting Q shit, just obviously a Republican as most doctors are.

He has 5k patients and is one of the bigger family practice guys in the area. Well-organized though, rarely am there more than a half hour.

Anyway, anecdote from busy family practice doctor. I had no clue there was that many active cases through his office every day. Made me regret being there. They have a thermal standing temperature thing right when you get there. When he said they lie to get past my girls, I assume they say they haven’t been exposed to anyone and it’s just a flu or something and have no symptoms. I assumed they’d turn you away with a temperature. So either temp isn’t that prevalent with all or they aren’t turning people away? I meant to ask him about the temp thing when he was talking, but forgot to.
    Some people don't get a fever.

You're wrong about "most docs being Republican". Because doctors are initially exposed to the college evnironment, some became liberal then and stayed that way. In some areas, doctors are actually overwhelmingly Democrats.

With that said, the guy is not an expert on masks and how they work. Perhaps he's wearing an N-95, and making sure he's doing it properly, so he's not catching COVID. Perhaps he already had it and was asymptomatic. Saying, "I don't have it, and I mask, therefore masks work to protect you" is exactly the type of irresponsible shit I was complaining about. The average person will hear that from a doctor and say, "Sweet! I'll just wear my mask and resume my social life!"
    Well I know this dude is a Republican for another reason involving his family, but didn’t want to get too specific. He wasn’t mask advocating. I asked him directly. I doubt he would have said what he said to most. I’m sure he’s wearing an high grade mask, he’s seeing patients daily. I don’t know the difference to look at it.

It’s possible he’s got it and didn’t know. I doubt it. None of his staff have got it either. They certainly average over 40, so seems someone would have gotten sick enough to know. He’s a rather conservative and sharp guy. Like he doesn’t like shit I do and wouldn’t give it to me himself, and he’s pretty straightforward.

I know this. Everyone I know who has gotten really deathly ill wasn’t wearing one and contacted it among family. Everyone who got it wearing a mask didn’t get deathly ill, so either way, I think its incredibly idiotic to be anti mask if only for viral load.

You also thought this was only going to hit every area hard once, as it’s now sweeping across areas already hit hard and worse in some. It’s novel and we don’t know shit. I thought it would be a nightmare when we first opened, and was wrong. Erring on the side of caution is clearly the smart strategy.
    Last edited by BCR; 12-04-2020 at 07:32 AM.

Platinum
    Load Metric

I made this sarcastic post yesterday sitting in my doctors office as I had my routine yearly bloodwork. I would have skipped it, but I started back up on my trt after taking a brief break, so wanted to make sure everything was on point with cholesterol and full blood panel. Everything was fantastic, so good there.

They had called the previous day and asked me if I had a fever, been in contact with anyone with Covid, etc. They had never done that before. So when he got in the room, I said you got your girls calling everyone. Your staff ok? I’ve known this doctor a long time and while we weren’t friends growing up, we have a lot of mutual friends as we are the exact same age and I’ve been with him like 7 years now, so we talk pretty freely.

He leaned into and told me kind of quietly,”you wouldn’t believe these ignorant motherfuckers. I’m seeing 5 classic Covid cases a day. They lie to get past my staff and then the minute I walk into the room. they start telling me they can’t taste or smell anything and their chest hurts and their sister just tested positive.” He was legit irritated as hell. He said I just look at them like wtf, I don’t even have tests here, can’t do anything for you, and now you just exposed my entire staff. He said he spends hours on the phone every night dealing with questions and anxiety shit from it.

He said he’s losing about 3 or 4 people a week. He said a girl in her 40s was down to 23% oxygen levels and intubated earlier that week and he didn’t think she was going to make it, but she had seemed to take a turn for the better since. I asked if the deaths are running along the demographic norms. Over 70? He said yeah, over 60 for most, but said he’s lost a number our age. I said I read a lot about masks and them not being as effective as thought, and he said I’m seeing cases every day, how haven’t I caught it if they aren’t effective?

I said I didn’t grasp how 50 people could get sick outside at White House and him not despite treating people ever day if they weren’t effective? He said yes, of course they are effective. You can still get it, but these people are nuts, and they work the vast majority of the time or he’d have gotten it 6 months ago.

This dude has always been right wing. At the start of pandemic he said these Chinese fucked us good this time. He’s made other clearly right wing comments. He just assumes I agree being white middle aged guy, and that’s about 80% here. I never argue obviously. I like the guy. He’s not spouting Q shit, just obviously a Republican as most doctors are.

He has 5k patients and is one of the bigger family practice guys in the area. Well-organized though, rarely am there more than a half hour.

Anyway, anecdote from busy family practice doctor. I had no clue there was that many active cases through his office every day. Made me regret being there. They have a thermal standing temperature thing right when you get there. When he said they lie to get past my girls, I assume they say they haven’t been exposed to anyone and it’s just a flu or something and have no symptoms. I assumed they’d turn you away with a temperature. So either temp isn’t that prevalent with all or they aren’t turning people away? I meant to ask him about the temp thing when he was talking, but forgot to.
    Some people don't get a fever.

You're wrong about "most docs being Republican". Because doctors are initially exposed to the college evnironment, some became liberal then and stayed that way. In some areas, doctors are actually overwhelmingly Democrats.

With that said, the guy is not an expert on masks and how they work. Perhaps he's wearing an N-95, and making sure he's doing it properly, so he's not catching COVID. Perhaps he already had it and was asymptomatic. Saying, "I don't have it, and I mask, therefore masks work to protect you" is exactly the type of irresponsible shit I was complaining about. The average person will hear that from a doctor and say, "Sweet! I'll just wear my mask and resume my social life!"
    If you’re standing next to someone who is contiguous and they sneeze do you think it matters if they’re wearing a mask or not? Come on man (Biden Voice). You really trying to argue that masks don’t provide any protection?

I haven’t heard of one person say, I’m sure glad I have a mask so I can resume my social life. Not sure what you’re talking about here. People don’t think that.
    Last edited by nightmarefish; 12-04-2020 at 07:41 AM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    At quick glance US is looking at about 100k more deaths before the end of the year assuming past behavior, flu season peaking at December, how it's starting to unfold in EU and 37 random things i've forgot related to guesstimates.

US has been running about 700 a day in the summer and early fall months. Assuming flu season wasn't a thing this would be 40k:ish deaths at the end of the year.

Last week your cases went up 32%, deaths 12%. In general climate wise you're few weeks behind Europe. I'm not aware that you're preparing for this at all. Canaries have died from suffocation.

100k is the number when you don't fuck this up anymore than usual.
    100k is pretty unlikely.

We have 64 days left in 2020.

That would be an average of 1562 deaths per day -- a number we haven't averaged since a relatively short period of time in the spring.

Remember when Biden said 200k fairly recently? LOL

Anyone who wants to bet me on the 100k death thing, let me know.
    What price are you thinking?

Comments

Walter Sobchak: lol

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

100k is pretty unlikely.

That would be an average of 1562 deaths per day -- a number we haven't averaged since a relatively short period of time in the spring.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Name:  Screenshot_20201204-152937_YouTube.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  418.9 KB

Load Metric
    Between Tgunn's '12k I'm not seeing it' (what about 35 times that? that is where we are headed.)
    and Druff's 'I'm not sure what more Trump could have done'
    I hope you guys feel stupid, (but I'm sure Hannity will tell you some lie tonight to make you feel like SOMEHOW you've been right along.)

Do you guys just ignore other countries?
    So Korea and Japan have had less deaths TOTAL than we had YESTERDAY.
    I don't see NZ crying about China, & she walked away w/her race.
    I agree w/Brad Pascale, if Trump leaned into the Virus & not telling us to drink Lysol
    & F masks, he would have too.

They had 0 cases in a major city & we had a 9/11 # of deaths. MASKS WORK!!!
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    I might fly to Wuhan and just stand around the livestock markets. My immune system is literally perfect, I have not had any strain of anything in my adult life. Essentially I am a genetic freak. I am an immune savant and perhaps the world could learn from me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post
    Between Tgunn's '12k I'm not seeing it' (what about 35 times that? that is where we are headed.)
    I hope you guys feel stupid, (but I'm sure Hannity will tell you some lie tonight to make you feel like SOMEHOW you've been right along.)

I agree w/Brad Pascale, if Trump leaned into the Virus & not telling us to drink Lysol

IT COMES FROM CHINA

Name:  5cb8a155c3b0891ad071406c.jpeg
Views: 229
Size:  24.0 KB

Platinum
    Load Metric

True lockdown's are impossible in the USA is the problem, we do these bullshit half-assed ones that slow things down but will never get rid of a virus. For example, both of us live in California where people take it more seriously than almost anywhere. We have tried several lockdowns, most people wear masks and very few people take the direction of Trump. They look to the state leaders for direction which are overwhelming democrats. And look at us today, we have more hospitalizations and more daily cases then at any time in the pandemic. Same is true for Washington and Oregon where they follow the same plan. The pandemic is uncontrollable in the US. It's not just republicans letting their guard down at this point, it's everyone. Over 200,000 cases a day in the US, you should see how packed my neighborhood Costco is.

Load Metric

True lockdown's are impossible in the USA is the problem, we do these bullshit half-assed ones that slow things down but will never get rid of a virus. For example, both of us live in California where people take it more seriously than almost anywhere. We have tried several lockdowns, most people wear masks and very few people take the direction of Trump. They look to the state leaders for direction which are overwhelming democrats. And look at us today, we have more hospitalizations and more daily cases then at any time in the pandemic. Same is true for Washington and Oregon where they follow the same plan. The pandemic is incontrollable in the US. It's not just republicans letting their guard down at this point, it's everyone. Over 200,000 cases a day in the US, you should see how packed my neighborhood Costco is.
    guy is a cnn stooge i don't know why you even bother responding with actual words, just link san Francisco poop stats and be done with it

Comments

nightmarefish: tough but fair

Load Metric
    Great... the vaccine will be ready just in time for WSOP.

Funny how these things always work themselves out.
    WSOP 2021 maybe

Load Metric
    CNN is literally orgasmic about the virus. There is not an anchor there that is not excited about the virus because it hurts the economy and then hurts Trump. The problem for the left wing loons is the virus is early. Come July this will be forgotten and the economy will rebound huge since there will be massive demand since people are not spending now, just in time for the election. Don't tell me the left wing is not excited about this, they are and it's obvious. I can't wait to see Biden give a rambling and incoherent speech comparing this to polio and how some distant relative recovered from it in 1952.
    Spot on yet again! How does bottomplumber manage to be so right about everything?

Load Metric
    Waltsy needs to let his hardon for tgull deflate already, thou protests too much.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    notice the trump guys here ignore that trump flatout said we'd be down to 1 or 2 cases a month ago.

oh and Fox News Poll Shows Joe Biden CRUSHING Trump By 25 Points in Swing Counties

https://www.mediaite.com/news/fox-ne...wing-counties/

biden is a walking corpse at this point. great president, guys
    Predicit shows Trump CRUSHING Biden by 50-41. I think we can all agree the most accurate 'poll' is the one where people put their money behind.

Just about every scientist says this virus will exit the US in the June time-frame. You will see historic gains in employment and in the stock market in the 3rd quarter just in time for the elections.

Biden is actually catching a break now, because he truly is battling dementia but people can't see it. Come the debates he will be 7 months older than he is today. These are not gaffes, he literally is fighting to get the words out. I'd be shocked if Trump did not win at the same margin in 2016 or even higher.

Timing is everything, and timing is on Trump's side this go around.
    Story checks out

Load Metric
    Waltsy why don’t you volunteer in a covid unit with all your spare time?
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric

True lockdown's are impossible in the USA is the problem, we do these bullshit half-assed ones that slow things down but will never get rid of a virus. For example, both of us live in California where people take it more seriously than almost anywhere. We have tried several lockdowns, most people wear masks and very few people take the direction of Trump. They look to the state leaders for direction which are overwhelming democrats. And look at us today, we have more hospitalizations and more daily cases then at any time in the pandemic. Same is true for Washington and Oregon where they follow the same plan. The pandemic is uncontrollable in the US. It's not just republicans letting their guard down at this point, it's everyone. Over 200,000 cases a day in the US, you should see how packed my neighborhood Costco is.
    I agree with this. I have no issue with anyone, nor think anyone has the answers short of a total lockdown, where the cost would likely outweigh the benefit. Maybe early, but we couldn’t do it at this point. It’s everywhere.

What I hate are those people who act like wearing a mask or acting with common courtesy is an infringement on liberty.

I mean, in reality, seat belt laws or motorcycle helmet laws are far more an infringement on personal liberty than mask mandates. With the first two, you really only hurt yourself and those riding with you if the worst happens. Someone smearing their brains on a motorcycle doesn’t impact my life unless I happen to skid across their brains into a ditch.

That these morons have chosen this hill to die on is because of Trump, plain and simple, as I remember only the smallest whining when the first two were implemented, yet this shit has become the all time sociopath litmus test. Put a mask on even if you’re unsure if it works because it’s easy, and I respect your family’s life and I’d appreciate you respecting mine. That used to be how America worked when we were a country of decent people.

This idea this is some globalist agenda is the most moronic thing ever. Was it in 1918? Google wear a mask or go to jail pictures and Spanish Flu. It was considered unpatriotic not to.

I quoted your post, but clearly I know you’ve always take this serious because you’re not an idiot and your wife works in health care.

Platinum
    Load Metric

What I hate are those people who act like wearing a mask or acting with common courtesy is an infringement on liberty.
    Ya it's so fuckin hard to understand. There's absolutely no downside to wearing a mask unless you have some health condition that masks irritate which are almost nonexistent. And if you have one of those conditions you shouldn't ever be leaving the house anyway.

When I see people refusing to wear masks I think of my 1 year old. He will currently say "no" to anything I suggest simply because he doesn't want to be told what to do. There's some strange phobia of not wanting to be controlled and not wanting to trust any person of authority. Most kids grow out of this but obviously some don't as we're witnessing.

Load Metric
    Curious, we are at 12,000 deaths US nationwide two months into this thing. Per CNN a couple weeks ago we were going to surge to 240,000 deaths and maybe millions. Not seeing it.

Also, the Governor of NY said he needed 30,000 ventilators like 10 days ago. He has like 5,000 and there is no shortage.

How did we go to mass deaths into hundreds of thousands to something that is less than the annual flu from 2018?
    If bottomfaggot didn't see it, it didn't happen.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Waltsy needs to let his hardon for tgull deflate already, thou protests too much.
    He's logging into all his other dupes to green rep himself 50 times a day to get out of negative territory. The guy deserves it, he is a massive faggot.

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric

100k is pretty unlikely.

Seriously, I want in on this too.

Thread Information