Page 601 of 947 FirstFirst ... 101501551591597598599600601602603604605611651701 ... LastLast
Results 12,001 to 12,020 of 18926

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    I recently heard stories from my family about people getting covid, and it just adds to the weirdness/randomness of symptoms and outcomes and such.

My 88 year old great-aunt had it a little while back. She apparently wasn't too sick, but was briefly hospitalized as a precaution. She has been having strange after-effects though, including clumps of her hair falling out. I hadn't heard that one yet.

On the other end of the spectrum, my (much younger than me) half-sister got it 3 months ago, she's 26. Never got sick, but did lose taste and smell. It still hasn't fully returned.
    When I had my appointment with the pain doctor for my neck, I told the nurse I had gotten the first shot. She said she hadn’t got it yet because she had Covid when it first started last March. I asked her about it and she said she mostly got exhausted for weeks. She compared it to mono. She is a heavy Hispanic lady. She said she hasn’t gotten back any smell or taste ever.

I asked her if that alarmed her and clarified she meant absolutely none, and she said,”no, I can’t taste or smell anything, and I hope I get it back when I get the vaccine, but I’ve lost 40lbs!”

I’d put her at like late forties, 5’3 190 still, so my first thought was I’d ride it out for another year if I was her as the weight loss was much more important than some small second infection, but of course kept those thoughts to myself. She probably plans on it anyway given any health care worker has already had many passes at it here.

One unintended positive side effect for someone struggling with weight. Why eat shit when you can’t taste it anyway? Kind if reminded me of when I got cancer and quit smoking and eating garbage. I always told my doctors it cost me seven years, but I’ll probably get it back on the back end.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    I recently heard stories from my family about people getting covid, and it just adds to the weirdness/randomness of symptoms and outcomes and such.

My 88 year old great-aunt had it a little while back. She apparently wasn't too sick, but was briefly hospitalized as a precaution. She has been having strange after-effects though, including clumps of her hair falling out. I hadn't heard that one yet.

On the other end of the spectrum, my (much younger than me) half-sister got it 3 months ago, she's 26. Never got sick, but did lose taste and smell. It still hasn't fully returned.
    When I had my appointment with the pain doctor for my neck, I told the nurse I had gotten the first shot. She said she hadn’t got it yet because she had Covid when it first started last March. I asked her about it and she said she mostly got exhausted for weeks. She compared it to mono. She is a heavy Hispanic lady. She said she hasn’t gotten back any smell or taste ever.

I asked her if that alarmed her and clarified she meant absolutely none, and she said,”no, I can’t taste or smell anything, and I hope I get it back when I get the vaccine, but I’ve lost 40lbs!”

I’d put her at like late forties, 5’3 190 still, so my first thought was I’d ride it out for another year if I was her as the weight loss was much more important than some small second infection, but of course kept those thoughts to myself. She probably plans on it anyway given any health care worker has already had many passes at it here.

One unintended positive side effect for someone struggling with weight. Why eat shit when you can’t taste it anyway? Kind if reminded me of when I got cancer and quit smoking and eating garbage. I always told my doctors it cost me seven years, but I’ll probably get it back on the back end.
    rofl 5'3" 190 after losing 40 lbs, nice "doctor" you got there, real healthy woman

Comments

BCR: You he nurse man. I swear nurses average 200

Load Metric
    Got my 2nd dose of moderna 3 days ago.

The night of the shot I woke up about 6 times with hot flashes followed by cold chills. The next day I was fine with little arm soreness. Other than that I’m fine.

Going to Florida this summer for vacation. Going to enjoy myself with my family in the maskless capital of the USA.

Thank god, after 2020 I’m going to drink natural light and wild turkey all week while also enjoying sea food.

Get fucked Corona, suck a huge aids dick.

Also, I blame China. Never forget.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyt View Post

The night of the shot I woke up about 6 times with hot flashes followed by cold chills. The next day I was fine with little arm soreness. Other than that I’m fine.

Going to Florida this summer for vacation. Going to enjoy myself with my family in the maskless capital of the USA.

Thank god, after 2020 I’m going to drink natural light and wild turkey all week while also enjoying sea food.

how dare you, you think just because you got the vaccine you don't have to wear masks and social distance anymore?

you selfish pig, grandma killer nazi bigot anti mask anti science republican conservative

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Two sentence thought

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyt View Post

how dare you, you think just because you got the vaccine you don't have to wear masks and social distance anymore?

you selfish pig, grandma killer nazi bigot anti mask anti science republican conservative
    I’ll own up to everything you called me, but don’t you dare call me a fucking republican.

P.S still will wear a mask when I need to.

Comments

dwai: lol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    So I thought I was out of the COVID woods when I got that negative test a week ago. Not so fast. Now it's starting to look more likely I have it again. If I do, it's a weird case of it.

Timeline:

March 13: Parents visit, having just returned from a Jamaica trip the day before. They were fully vaccinated.

March 15: Benjamin wakes up with bad headache.

March 16: Girlfriend and I both independently notice we feel sick, before mentioning it to each other. I have sore throat and moderate fatigue. She has a sore throat, medium fatigue, and a general sick feeling.

March 17: Sore throat goes away, is replaced by mild body aches. Mild dry cough starts. No fever, no nasal congestion, no loss of smell or taste. Girlfriend reports that sore throat has also vanished, but still feels sick. Benjamin wakes up with a bad headache for the 2nd out of 3 days.

March 19: Body aches gone, fatigue gone, cough starts to slowly worsen. No fever or anything else new. I take a COVID test. Girlfriend doesn't.

March 20: COVID test comes back negative.

March 21-25: Cough slowly worsens, but still isn't terrible. Chest pain shows up, but not the type of chest pain associated with heart issues -- more from breathing deeply. Still no fever or anything else new.

March 26: After dinner, I feel very sick to my stomach, to the point where I come close to vomiting. This was just before radio, and since I cancelled it on the 19th, I really wanted to do it. I decided to drink Pepto and do it anyway. Happily the stomach issues vanish during radio.

March 27: My (very old) dog has a runny nose, which is strange, because he comes into contact with no other dogs. Dogs can catch COVID from their owners, and one symptom is a runny nose. However, he has no other symptoms. They cannot catch colds from people.

March 28: Cough continues to worsen and I start to notice increasing chest pain when I breathe. However, there is still no fever, and no fatigue! Oxygen level also still good (97).

I'm going to take another COVID test today. Very bizarre. If this is COVID, I'm only getting a cough and chest tightness, and it's taken 12 days from symptom onset to get to this point! Most COVID infections ramp up quickly once symptoms start, to where you're feeling really awful within 3 days. It's unusual for a mild case to continue to worsen after 12 days.

The problem here is that this is SOMETHING, and yet I have no contact with anyone from the outside, aside from my parents visiting on the 13th. I also had takeout food that day, so perhaps that could have done it.

The scary thing is that I've never felt chest pain like this, associated with a cough. Whatever this is, it's a new experience for me. I suppose it's possible that this is something unrelated to COVID, and doing the radio on Friday irritated whatever is going on.

My parents haven't felt a thing, which you'd expect because they're vaccinated.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Hang in there

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    So I thought I was out of the COVID woods when I got that negative test a week ago. Not so fast. Now it's starting to look more likely I have it again. If I do, it's a weird case of it.

Timeline:

March 13: Parents visit, having just returned from a Jamaica trip the day before. They were fully vaccinated.

March 16: Girlfriend and I both independently notice we feel sick, before mentioning it to each other. I have sore throat and moderate fatigue. She has a sore throat, medium fatigue, and a general sick feeling.

March 17: Sore throat goes away, is replaced by mild body aches. Mild dry cough starts. No fever, no nasal congestion, no loss of smell or taste. Girlfriend reports that sore throat has also vanished, but still feels sick. Benjamin wakes up with a bad headache for the 2nd out of 3 days.

March 19: Body aches gone, fatigue gone, cough starts to slowly worsen. No fever or anything else new. I take a COVID test. Girlfriend doesn't.

March 21-25: Cough slowly worsens, but still isn't terrible. Chest pain shows up, but not the type of chest pain associated with heart issues -- more from breathing deeply. Still no fever or anything else new.

March 26: After dinner, I feel very sick to my stomach, to the point where I come close to vomiting. This was just before radio, and since I cancelled it on the 19th, I really wanted to do it. I decided to drink Pepto and do it anyway. Happily the stomach issues vanish during radio.

March 27: My (very old) dog has a runny nose, which is strange, because he comes into contact with no other dogs. Dogs can catch COVID from their owners, and one symptom is a runny nose. However, he has no other symptoms. They cannot catch colds from people.

March 28: Cough continues to worsen and I start to notice increasing chest pain when I breathe. However, there is still no fever, and no fatigue! Oxygen level also still good (97).

I'm going to take another COVID test today. Very bizarre. If this is COVID, I'm only getting a cough and chest tightness, and it's taken 12 days from symptom onset to get to this point! Most COVID infections ramp up quickly once symptoms start, to where you're feeling really awful within 3 days. It's unusual for a mild case to continue to worsen after 12 days.

The problem here is that this is SOMETHING, and yet I have no contact with anyone from the outside, aside from my parents visiting on the 13th. I also had takeout food that day, so perhaps that could have done it.

gonna laugh when it's covid and you realize you've been living like a scared bitch for a year and making your family do the same.

I hope you don't have it, tbh, but I'm also proud of your parents for getting that vaccine and immediately going on a vacation and not bowing to the pressure to still live like a scared bitch AFTER the vaccine, this shit is getting ridiculous, it's a fucking cold

Load Metric

Timeline:

gonna laugh when it's covid and you realize you've been living like a scared bitch for a year and making your family do the same.

I hope you don't have it, tbh, but I'm also proud of your parents for getting that vaccine and immediately going on a vacation and not bowing to the pressure to still live like a scared bitch AFTER the vaccine, this shit is getting ridiculous, it's a fucking cold
    548k dead in America. How many more until.you drop this cold thing?
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm also proud of my parents for going on the trip. I would have also.

The problem was that it's not well studied whether vaccinated people can transmit it asymptomatically, so that might have happened. Or it might have been in the food.

But yes that will be 1000% tilting if I get it after the level of caution I've shown for a full year.

I almost told my parents to stay home and that I'd see them after I get vaccinated. Now I wish I did, regardless of how this plays out.

I also looked into if there's any danger in getting the vaccine if I do have COVID and don't know it. The answer is no. The "3 months" they tell you to wait is just because it's known that you have immunity from COVID for 90 days after first getting it, and then after that it's unknown how long it lasts. But there's no known danger to getting the vaccine while having COVID (though it also doesn't help anything.)

Comments

dwai:

Load Metric
    I’ve had one of the most qualified people in the world explain the vaccine to me on the phone, but so much of it went over my head as it was early, but isn’t Covid treatment essentially antibody treatment, whereas the vaccine signals your body to create similar antibodies over the course of a few weeks? I think I’ve read of them giving the vaccine as treatment for people getting Covid.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

548k dead in America. How many more until.you drop this cold thing?
    THANKS BIDEN

Load Metric
    Good luck Druff. Chest pain is always tough to figure out. Can be muscular, the heart, lung (breathing), soreness from coughing (which can also cause abdominal pain) and even anxiety. I had chest pains that felt like I was going to have a heart attack and it turned out to be a basically harmless condition call Costochondritis. This comes and goes but doesn’t do any real damage.

I don’t know how severe your cough has been. Even a mild cough for an extended time can cause chest and abdominal soreness. Maybe that is a possibility. All the best.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDime View Post
    Good luck Druff. Chest pain is always tough to figure out. Can be muscular, the heart, lung (breathing), soreness from coughing (which can also cause abdominal pain) and even anxiety. I had chest pains that felt like I was going to have a heart attack and it turned out to be a basically harmless condition call Costochondritis. This comes and goes but doesn’t do any real damage.

I don’t know how severe your cough has been. Even a mild cough for an extended time can cause chest and abdominal soreness. Maybe that is a possibility. All the best.
    I hate that costochondritis diagnosis. It’s most often right, but it’s the doctors go to for anything they can’t figure out and I’ve known two guys drop dead after being told that’s all they had when they really had heart issues that weren’t figured out.

Comments

JeffDime: Great points. It was kind of the best possibility for what I was feeling at the time.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Wife and I got the first Pfizer shot on Wednesday (her) and Thursday(me). No side affects other than sore arm. I did wake up sweating in middle of the night but felt fine and that’s not too uncommon for me anyways so no idea if it was related to the shot.

Several of our neighbors and friends have gotten the first shot in the last two weeks and I can already tell everyone is already letting their guard down a bit and open to doing more stuff. DWAI I don’t think you have to worry I think regardless it’s going to be popping this summer everywhere. People are sick of putting their lives on hold.

But if you really want to get tilted was talking to a friend who said they were talking to a nurse who is part of a trial to get double vaccinated. She got both rounds of the Pfizer and the Moderna vaccine. So four shots total. Just wait until that’s the new guidelines!

Load Metric

Get them pitchforks out, Team Retard.

Druff? Muhwhudda Cuomo?
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric

Timeline:

The scary thing is that I've never felt chest pain like this, associated with a cough. Whatever this is, it's a new experience for me. I suppose it's possible that this is something unrelated to COVID, and doing the radio on Friday irritated whatever is going on.

So all that time you spent in your basement was for nothing.

Comments

dwai: lol

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post
    Wife and I got the first Pfizer shot on Wednesday (her) and Thursday(me). No side affects other than sore arm. I did wake up sweating in middle of the night but felt fine and that’s not too uncommon for me anyways so no idea if it was related to the shot.

Several of our neighbors and friends have gotten the first shot in the last two weeks and I can already tell everyone is already letting their guard down a bit and open to doing more stuff. DWAI I don’t think you have to worry I think regardless it’s going to be popping this summer everywhere. People are sick of putting their lives on hold.

But if you really want to get tilted was talking to a friend who said they were talking to a nurse who is part of a trial to get double vaccinated. She got both rounds of the Pfizer and the Moderna vaccine. So four shots total. Just wait until that’s the new guidelines!
    SHEEP! Baaaa baaa baaa, don’t get sheered sheep

Load Metric
    I had to lol the other day at a group exercise class where the instructor already got a replacement to man the class after she gets the second shot, she is in AMAZING health.

Anyways, she said she is getting it to protect some members of her family. ROFL. The weak family members need the vaccine, not her. This shit is hilarious. Hitler could easily come back because the more people change the more they stay the same, stupid sheep.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Get them pitchforks out, Team Retard.

Druff? Muhwhudda Cuomo?
    Mother fucker said Birx, hey, yo B, mother fucker said Birx.

Birx was Trump’s handler, nothing more, nothing less.

The fact you quote her as some sort of authority when she was the one that planned the fucking response says all we need to know.

If an extra 400k died, that is on her and Saint Fauci.

Load Metric
    What happened in Wuhan? Why questions still linger on the origin of the coronavirus

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-1...es-2021-03-28/

According to the experts, the Coronavirus was probably released from a lab in Wuhan, China.

Thread Information