Page 720 of 946 FirstFirst ... 220620670710716717718719720721722723724730770820 ... LastLast
Results 14,381 to 14,400 of 18903

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post
    Split you were an unhealthy alcoholic for the vast majority of your adult life I'm happy for you that you found God and conquered your demons but give it a rest nobody likes a preachy old ex-piss head lol
    This is true, goes to show anyone CAN CHANGE. Covid not a big deal if you CHANGE and quit relying on something else to save you, not preaching, it’s the truth.

Lib idiots like BCR wish death on the unvaccinated lolz. I want everyone to thrive but for that to happen, there has to be change, again up to you, just don’t blame me when shit doesn’t work from Fauci and big pharma.
    ok split, so you've been on this site nearly 10 years and you used to drink a lot and don't anymore. So, it used to be that you'd get cocked and spout off to BCR and Walter in far worse ways than you do now and they haven't forgotten and so a person only here on the site a short time wouldn't be able to understand the context because you're a better person now? Not trying to pry I just like knowing the history.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Currently in Columbus treating my kids dog who probably has covid.

I do mostly the same treatment for dogs and humans.

Here it is for those who want to beat it. Start at FIRST sign of symptoms.

Homemade chicken soup and lots of it. Add plain rice for dogs and dilute feedings with 6-8 oz water.
    Aspirin for dogs and Tylenol for humans, aspirin twice a day for dogs, every 4 hrs for humans if fever present.
    Lots of fresh squeezed citrus juices for humans. Vitamin D3 5000iu daily humans only.
    Mucinex and dextromethorphan twice a day for dogs, can go up to 3 times a day if cough severe. Look online for dosage for weight of dog. Humans every 4 to 8 hrs depending on severity of cough.

Lung percussion using cupped hand during a cough to move that shit out. The high fluid causes the secretions to thin, mucinex loosens, percussion helps it break loose so it can be coughed out.

This morning, pup coughed up 2 white hockers, then after percussion was able to move out a yucky brown one. That is the key, get the brown shit out of the lungs. Feed only after morning coughing jags or they will puke while coughing/percussion.

Pup resting comfortably. Good old fashioned treatment is best, thing is, it is WORK, and most people lazy.

Will see if my dogs catch it from her pup, will tell me how their immunity is since they had it last year.
    Splitty doin it doggy style

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Are you a vegan now split?

I just came back from Colorado and spent a lot of my time in Colorado Springs. I hung out with a guy who is a cyclist. He works for a high end bike manufacturer. He races recreationally together with his buddies.

Colorado Springs elevation is 6000’. It lies at the foot of the Rockie Mountains and is pretty hilly. It is home to the Olympic training center. Training at altitude has a lot of benefits.

Anyway, my acquaintance has been a vegan since he was 15 and he is 36 now. His decision had more to do with animal cruelty than nutrition at the time. His family had a huge number of animals and he connected.

He tracks every single calorie he burns and consumes. He wakes up at 5:30am and either rides outside all hooked up to heart rate, elevation, monitors or he rides inside with similar telemetry. He reads the ingredients on what he eats (calories per serving etc) and enters that.

Here’s the thing. I was stunned how little he ate. This guy trains for hours comes upstairs and eats two fake hot dogs. That’s it. Never ate desert. Rarely drank though he was bartender. His portions were miniscule. I consume waaaay more calories but am pretty sedentary in comparison. He said your body adapts and launched into a long discourse.

Every time I put a fork in my mouth now I’m haunted by this guy. He really affected me. I am buying Beyond Meat and eating far smaller portions. I’m still eating fish, chicken and dairy etc but not like before. I feel guilty every time I do. It’s really interesting.

Yeah, I rode some of his bikes and experienced near cardiac arrest. I saw guys pedaling up Pikes Peak which rises up to14,000 ft. Every road in Colorado Springs is required to have bike paths and they are real big paths.

I visited the Velodrome and peaked inside of the bubble.

The whole experience kinda rousted me out of my sloth. Honestly my reaction has more to do with being personally competitive than health. Kid’s got issues.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

I just came back from Colorado and spent a lot of my time in Colorado Springs. I hung out with a guy who is a cyclist. He works for a high end bike manufacturer. He races recreationally together with his buddies.

Colorado Springs elevation is 6000’. It lies at the foot of the Rockie Mountains and is pretty hilly. It is home to the Olympic training center. Training at altitude has a lot of benefits.

Anyway, my acquaintance has been a vegan since he was 15 and he is 36 now. His decision had more to do with animal cruelty than nutrition at the time. His family had a huge number of animals and he connected.

He tracks every single calorie he burns and consumes. He wakes up at 5:30am and either rides outside all hooked up to heart rate, elevation, monitors or he rides inside with similar telemetry. He reads the ingredients on what he eats (calories per serving etc) and enters that.

Here’s the thing. I was stunned how little he ate. This guy trains for hours comes upstairs and eats two fake hot dogs. That’s it. Never ate desert. Rarely drank though he was bartender. His portions were miniscule. I consume waaaay more calories but am pretty sedentary in comparison. He said your body adapts and launched into a long discourse.

Every time I put a fork in my mouth now I’m haunted by this guy. He really affected me. I am buying Beyond Meat and eating far smaller portions. I’m still eating fish, chicken and dairy etc but not like before. I feel guilty every time I do. It’s really interesting.

Yeah, I rode some of his bikes and experienced near cardiac arrest. I saw guys pedaling up Pikes Peak which rises up to14,000 ft. Every road in Colorado Springs is required to have bike paths and they are real big paths.

The whole experience kinda rousted me out of my sloth. Honestly my reaction has more to do with being personally competitive than health. Kid’s got issues.
    Being 100% honest but I thought you were going to end this post saying he was in the ICU with Covid-19.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Better hope you can’t get it from toilets

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

I tried to be a vegan, too hard to keep adequate protein level and I didn’t feel good physically and mentally was depressing. I tried to give up dairy with same result.

If that guy is tracking, he is eating more than you think or high fat which equates into less food. I eat about 2800 a day to maintain my weight with my current exercise regimen. I eat low fat and low added sugar which translates never being hungry or feeling deprived cuz there is lots to eat which makes me happy.

Beware of the meat substitutes, many are loaded with fat and other trash making them worse than what they are replacing.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric

Many americans seem to think Covid is actually dangerous for healthy younger people and it definitely isn't.

Here in Denmark, the overall mortality rate is 0.7% and for 30-40 year old people it is 0.04%.

The risk of death for 30-39 year olds in the US is 0.17% btw, I calculated it by combining numbers. One third of those deaths were in obese people as well.

That information is NOT available on the CDC website, only relative risk:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...th-by-age.html

This is an absolute atrocity and I can't believe they would do that.

Imagine having so little faith in your own population that you deliberately withhold very important information about a disease?

It's disgusting and appalling.
    BUT BCR SAID THEY'RE SO MUCH YOUNGER AND HEALTHIER THIS TIME

ROFL

Comments

splitthis: So many lies and manipulations

Load Metric
    LOL. They also stopped updating the Burden Load in May 2021.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...s/burden.html)

Burden load is what we use to calculate the mortality rate of Influenza every year.

https://www.newsweek.com/cdc-over-83...surge-1625738)

This is interesting.

In the US "The study examined 1,443,519 blood donation specimens "from a catchment area representing 74% of the US population" between July 2020 and May 2021."
    83% had the antibodies to covid-19

https://metro.co.uk/2021/08/19/covid...and-15117537/)

This is also interesting.

More than 93% of adults in England, Scotland and Wales are thought to have coronavirus antibodies, a new study shows.

Remind me again what "Science" has considered Heard Immunity?

I don't remember the number keeps changing

Load Metric
    [This is the paper I currently use to debate IFR.](https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....full.pdf+html)

I’ve found most people who aren’t taking an active interest in following the circus that is going on around us have a very limited understanding of the actual data and risks on all fronts. Most of them read something from early on in the pandemic, or saw a meme, or saw a misinformed fear based Reddit comment, and have clung to it for dear life, shooting down any new information or rebuttal as “misinformation.”

It definitely doesn’t help that essentially all of the data about this pandemic is shoddy, mismanaged, unstandardized, lacking context, and often intentionally misrepresented or obfuscated. You can go and find anything that will back up almost any point being made depending on what contextless and narrow “study” you find. It’s particularly difficult to locate *contextual* data, like any hospital data related to the capacities of ICUs before covid and during regular flu seasons, any kind of location based testing rates , etc.

Like a fear mongering article will come out saying child cases have increased 600% in your area and also say child hospitalizations are rising. But then you have to dig into multiple articles and databases to discover that cases went up because XYZ school districts started mass testing in children and there are no reports of any deaths and only a couple hospitalizations among those cases. Then you dig further and find out the hospitalizations that the original article are referring to are for RSV outbreaks or mental health or postponed regular care. Yet the article left out important information needed to understand what was going on, and instead intended for you to assume the hospitalizations and covid cases were linked.

I’m fairly sure some of it is intentional fear mongering and data obfuscation but I’m more sure that most of it is journalists who don’t understand statistics, are lazy and incompetent, and draw lines where there are none to shove out a sensationalist article and get clicks. And honestly this misinformation is what keeps this circus going.

Load Metric

TRUST THE EXPERTS, THE SCIENCE IS SETTLED!

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

TRUST THE EXPERTS, THE SCIENCE IS SETTLED!

I think its almost over Dwai. Remember back in late May/ early June Covid was over and we were all encouraged to live freely and do as we please? Those days will be upon us again soon enough. People are fighting like crazy to keep everyone in fear but soon enough there will be a super majority of people who can't accept the collateral damage from covid one more day.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Delta is starting to fade. If we follow the pattern of other countries which had Delta before us, it will fall apart quickly.

However, as I said before, that may not be reason to celebrate. Delta has been doing one good thing, and that's been supressing other potentially worse variants from spreading. There is some believe that variants Lambda and Mu can bust through the vaccines much more effectively than Delta can, but these variants haven't yet been a problem because Delta is preventing them from getting going on a mass scale.

Once Delta becomes a non-factor, the door will open for a new variant to take its place.

Now, it's possible that Lambda and Mu simply aren't contagious enough to ever take hold, which is why some of these other supposedly game-changing variants never took hold. However, I'm not sure if we want what takes Delta's place.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Delta is starting to fade. If we follow the pattern of other countries which had Delta before us, it will fall apart quickly.

However, as I said before, that may not be reason to celebrate. Delta has been doing one good thing, and that's been supressing other potentially worse variants from spreading. There is some believe that variants Lambda and Mu can bust through the vaccines much more effectively than Delta can, but these variants haven't yet been a problem because Delta is preventing them from getting going on a mass scale.

Once Delta becomes a non-factor, the door will open for a new variant to take its place.

Now, it's possible that Lambda and Mu simply aren't contagious enough to ever take hold, which is why some of these other supposedly game-changing variants never took hold. However, I'm not sure if we want what takes Delta's place.
    I just want it all to be over. I've been missing New York lately but they have rules in place I just can't follow. I could be on a plane to Vegas on short notice but they have a mask mandate so I can't go there either. The only person in my life to see eye to eye with me about the virus is my x wife and so this is the only place I get to really bitch about it and listen to others. The Venetian is going to stop offering me free rooms and so too will MGM. I really fucking hate this thing! There was one table going in Keene tonight. A $1/2. I need to get the hell out of here for a minute but where I want to go I can't go.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I just want it all to be over. I've been missing New York lately but they have rules in place I just can't follow. I could be on a plane to Vegas on short notice but they have a mask mandate so I can't go there either. The only person in my life to see eye to eye with me about the virus is my x wife and so this is the only place I get to really bitch about it and listen to others. The Venetian is going to stop offering me free rooms and so too will MGM. I really fucking hate this thing! There was one table going in Keene tonight. A $1/2. I need to get the hell out of here for a minute but where I want to go I can't go.
    Why can’t you go to Vegas? You don’t want to comply with the mask mandate?

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

thats correct. I just can't wear a mask anymore

Load Metric

Can’t for medical reasons or because you don’t want to?

Gold
    Load Metric

I respect the mask requirements at the doctor office. There is otherwise no mask requirement for me in my daily life. Not in the state I live or the poker rooms in my circle. either. If a town or city or state or poker room wants to force this on me I stay away. Its not for medical reasons but it is way beyond not wanting to.

Load Metric

I respect the mask requirements at the doctor office. There is otherwise no mask requirement for me in my daily life. Not in the state I live or the poker rooms in my circle. either. If a town or city or state or poker room wants to force this on me I stay away. Its not for medical reasons but it is way beyond not wanting to.
    So you can go, but you choose not to.

Gold
    Load Metric

So you can go, but you choose not to.
    Its not that simple. I don't feel as though I have a choice to go and I'm not going. A mask in a casino, especially at a poker table, is plain stupid. Having to show proof of vax to go into a restaurant is un-american. I'm not going to willingly do anything stupid or un-american. I hope everyone joins me in boycotting these places and maybe they'll get the message. Its my only hope.

Load Metric
    I love the trend towards mandates. I hope everywhere insists on showing vaccine cards. Not because I’m scared of the virus. Because it’s so awesome to not be surrounded by Trump trash and people who act like wearing a piece of cloth is storming the beaches at Normandy. It’s better conversation. Better music. Better looking women. Just people who aren’t Karens, male or female. It’s fucking awesome knowing that trash won’t be around to be loud, obnoxious, and poorly dressed. Just an unhygienic and dirty people. God bless the mandates.

May the unvaccinated form little communities of their own and continue to inbreed and listen to Kid Rock and Ted Nugent and the sounds of tv preachers fill the air, where we don’t have to hear them. The absence of dueling banjos and missing teeth is fantastic.

When you’re somewhere that enforces vaccine mandates, you can almost forget how embarrassing America has become.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: It’s wonderful

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024: What a goof

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I love the trend towards mandates. I hope everywhere insists on showing vaccine cards. Not because I’m scared of the virus. Because it’s so awesome to not be surrounded by Trump trash and people who act like wearing a piece of cloth is storming the beaches at Normandy. It’s better conversation. Better music. Better looking women. Just people who aren’t Karens, male or female. It’s fucking awesome knowing that trash won’t be around to be loud, obnoxious, and poorly dressed. Just an unhygienic and dirty people. God bless the mandates.

May the unvaccinated form little communities of their own and continue to inbreed and listen to Kid Rock and Ted Nugent and the sounds of tv preachers fill the air, where we don’t have to hear them. The absence of dueling banjos and missing teeth is fantastic.

When you’re somewhere that enforces vaccine mandates, you can almost forget how embarrassing America has become.
    I think being from Ohio, you have been surrounded by this type so frequently that youv'e reached your breaking point with them.

Over here, it's the opposite. I'm really sick of being surrounded by uppity coastal white liberals who think their politics put them on the moral high ground. I don't mind so much the ones who keep it to themselves, but there's so much virtue signaling everywhere, it's just really grating.

I'm anti-mandate, despite being pro-vaxx. It should still be a choice, and you're entering a REALLY slippery slope when the government starts to feel it can mandate injecting a new, hastily developed vaccine into your healthy body. That's a reasonable objection. I did the math and realized it was super obvious at my age to get the vaccine, but that's a far cry from feeling I should force others to do it.

Comments

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024:

Thread Information