Page 664 of 946 FirstFirst ... 164564614654660661662663664665666667668674714764 ... LastLast
Results 13,261 to 13,280 of 18915

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This is the type of shit which brings down public cooperation with COVID measures.

So let's make all the same mistakes as we did last year, regarding lockdown/mask fatigue, indoor/outdoor danger, and honesty with the public?

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1420942380233015300

Comments

splitthis: Loss of surgeon general credibility it’s unreal

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    This is the type of shit which brings down public cooperation with COVID measures.

So let's make all the same mistakes as we did last year, regarding lockdown/mask fatigue, indoor/outdoor danger, and honesty with the public?

Whatabout your retarded brethren just getting vaxxed and stop dying?

Comments

splitthis: No one is dying of covid anymore they die of comorbidities
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Platinum
    Load Metric

Gold
    Load Metric

You’re sick and twisted if you wear a mask at home with your kid

Comments

splitthis: The libs are doing it lol

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    A little covid propaganda update from my wife's hospital.

Ages of people currently in the ICU. 65,49,53,58,51,50,77,60. The 53 year old is fully vaccinated and probably won't make it.

Ages of covid patients on my wife's floor (step down from ICU). 52,49,32,27,30,42,63,83,77.

It's becoming clear to them that the delta variant impacts younger people far more than the original virus.

Also, let me put on my tinfoil hat, this vaccine is doing very little to stop people from getting the delta virus. That 1 in 1000 breakthrough stat is complete garbage. I believe Druff has touched on this, the government surely knows this by now and is keeping quiet about it. Likely everyone is passing this shit around with the vaccinated not getting as sick. There were 50k confirmed new cases yesterday which should be alarming because we aren't doing nearly as much testing as we were last winter. The 50k number is likely far higher.

Out of the people in the ICU, can you give a total on how many were fat asses? That is a key.
    The striking difference she's observed is that compared to January the average patient is younger and on average not nearly as fat. Maybe all the fatties died or got vaccinated I don't know but that's what she's seeing.

Yesterday, She spoke to one of the head doctors treating the covid patients. He said they anticipate this go around to peak in 4-7 weeks as it spreads much more quickly than the original strand. Then things will settle back down.

Until the next variant of course......

Comments

splitthis: Lol not nearly as fat but still obese

Load Metric

Out of the people in the ICU, can you give a total on how many were fat asses? That is a key.
    The striking difference she's observed is that compared to January the average patient is younger and on average not nearly as fat. Maybe all the fatties died or got vaccinated I don't know but that's what she's seeing.

Yesterday, She spoke to one of the head doctors treating the covid patients. He said they anticipate this go around to peak in 4-7 weeks as it spreads much more quickly than the original strand. Then things will settle back down.

I know this has been beat to death, but just about everyone is old or fat that is perishing. Yeah, I get the triathlete that goes down, but that is anecdotal. I have been like 15 lbs heavy for like 5 years now. I just took off 10 lbs the last year, I am perfect weight for my height. I did not do it for vanity. I mean there are no vegans going down in virus this is for sure. Now I am no vegan for sure, but I am not pumping down chicken wings either.

Load Metric

Platinum
    Load Metric

I know this has been beat to death, but just about everyone is old or fat that is perishing. Yeah, I get the triathlete that goes down, but that is anecdotal. I have been like 15 lbs heavy for like 5 years now. I just took off 10 lbs the last year, I am perfect weight for my height. I did not do it for vanity. I mean there are no vegans going down in virus this is for sure. Now I am no vegan for sure, but I am not pumping down chicken wings either.
    I get what you're saying, she sees these patients everyday and she just tells me what she's observing in her hospital. January everyone was old or fat and almost all the fat people were black or Latino. Then, her hospital went down to almost zero patients for a couple months. Now she's seeing on average much younger and much healthier looking people that have become sick AF. She's not political at all, just comes home and tells me about her day.

Load Metric

Yes i agree spreading misinformation is harmful. No one is saying people should wear masks at home with their kids.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Did I call this shit, or what?

100% the gubbmint knew the Delta variant was busting through vaccines, and was afraid to admit it because they didn't want to discourage vaccinating.

Anyway I'm in Vegas right now (just for a day), and not thrilled about it, but I have to be here. Useless mask mandate in place.

Would be nice if they just admitted that cloth masks don't work for the most part, stop the theater, and come up with a coherent plan to deal with this situation.

Looking more and more like COVID is just going to become a fact of life for the foreseeable future. i think they should start focusing more on treatments than vaccines, as it's just not practical to keep chasing the variants with vaccines, which become semi-obsolete within a few months anyway.

What a clusterfuck this whole thing has been. Honestly I'm unhappy with how both US politcal parties have handled this. Democrats have repeatedly lied and attempted to exploit the situation in order to both beat Trump and enact permanent social change, whereas Republicans have decided they're just going to play contrarian and fight everything the Democrats say about COVID, regardless of correctness.

The results is a population which is highly clueless about the disease, which is astounding given our advanced science and easy information dissemination. You have morons on the left believing that masking is a huge factor in stopping this thing, and that COVID is a huge danger to all age groups. You have morons on the right thinking that COVID is just another flu, and that the vaccine is evil and/or dangerous. You have idiots on the left who lionize Fauci, the CDC, and other government officials who are proven liars. You have idiots on the right who think that any mitigation measures are a "violation of rights" instead of just a good idea to do your part to help the country.

You have a government and media which chooses to lie and mislead, sometimes to further a separate agenda, sometimes to trick people into "doing the right thing".

Sad!
    lol it is just the flu, the sooner you realize that the sooner you won't lock yourself up in your basement for another 18 months
    1) It's clearly not the flu

2) It's clear whatever this has mutated into has about 1400x the viral load of whatever the other thing was

3) The state worshipers are"begging the question" - their premise the vaccines did not cause the mutation and the way the mutation needs to be stopped is to take the vaccination - needs to be proven. They assume it's true, but the truth is there is a very real possibility their "cure" (the vaccine) is causing this obvious mutation.

Everyone running around with their TV's on, hysterical as they sprint to get the vaccine - OUGHT to carefully consider the very real possibility the vaccine is causing the virus to mutate.

There is a non zero chance the people getting jabbed are assassins and biological weapons.

Load Metric
    this site's ability to keep finding rungs on the ladder to terminal stupidity is a source of enduring wonder.

Comments

BCR: Bring me your retarded huddled masses

splitthis: You are at the helm of this
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Lot of “In shape” people keep telling themselves “I’m in shape I have nothing to worry about this only kills fattys….. pass on the vax”

My buddy I graduated with lost his dad who was a 70ish year old jolly old man. It was sad but it happened pre vax. unfortunately he fits the fatty narrative.

I know 5 other people who have died or spent time on a respirator. 0/5 are overweight. 3/5 are people who you would consider very much in shape. All 5 are under 55 with one in her 30’s.

Not suggesting everyone hits KFC and Wendy’s for dinner tonight but the fit/indestructible narrative isn’t holding.

Comments

sonatine: dont tap the glass

JeffDime: +++

Walter Sobchak: It never held. People who think that are idiots.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    These will be guidelines. Your state and community makes the decision. This is as it should be.

The virus ain’t going anywhere. You need to decide what is right for you, your family and listen to your customers wishes.

Politically, you got zero beef.

It’ll suck though

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    These will be guidelines. Your state and community makes the decision. This is as it should be.

The virus ain’t going anywhere. You need to decide what is right for you, your family and listen to your customers wishes.

Politically, you got zero beef.

It’ll suck though
    Name:  Screenshot_20210729-015522_rif is fun.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  475.1 KB

See y'all in the gulags.

Load Metric
    Your state and community makes the decision.

this is a confusing take, like whats the end game?

a lot of people who claim to be constitutional law experts are taking this line and its weird because a national state of emergency legally overrides state law, last i checked.

like, violently.

charles bukowski once said america's problem is that our mothers have never been told to shut up by jack booted thugs.

i feel like thats about to get solved.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

a lot of people who claim to be constitutional law experts are taking this line and its weird because a national state of emergency legally overrides state law, last i checked.

like, violently.

charles bukowski once said america's problem is that our mothers have never been told to shut up by jack booted thugs.

I think the end game is government at the national level has lost all credibility and respect over the course of the past several years. There is quite clearly a movement back to the states like it’s 1789 or something. Like it or not that is the trend.

Being citizens free to move everyone is free to pursue their own happiness.

No central authority short of authoritarian China is going to solve this health crisis. I don’t think we WANT to solve it if that’s the trade off.

Settle in or call a moving truck

Load Metric
    I glossed over the violence. Sorry Sonatine.

Martial law or whatever is not in the cards. Even me, “the pitchforks are coming” guy, doesn’t think the Feds are gonna light that match.

People are more than ready for a fight. It’s our proud history.

If it comes that I believe a confrontation could usher in a serious housecleaning. Wouldn’t resolve for years but I’ve never made much of a sacrifice before.

Druff railing against the CDC’s guidelines with his displaced frustration doesn’t interest me as much as the CDC getting involved in personal property with the forebearance authority. That was a slippery slope.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

like, violently.

I can tell you right now there is a 0% chance of a shutdown happening in Florida. Biden would have to send in the national guard and shots would be returned.

There are two types of people who make up 90% of the population in Florida (my unofficial guess). 1. People who think the China flu isn’t serious. 2. People who think Covid is real and were first in line to get the shot and have no patience to go back to a lockdown situation because people won’t get vaccinated. The other 10% just moved down from NY or Ma and haven’t acclimated themselves yet.

You can sing that Fed > State Alexander Hamilton tune all you like. It’s not happening.

Load Metric
    I was listening to Crowe and BCR’s “Nothing Personal” with David Sampson last night. Had it on in the background and missed a little of the context but essentially he said he believed:

Very soon there will be no more forced withdrawal from competition because of Covid. There will be no rescheduling of games. We live our lives with breakthrough infections and the occasional more serious illness.

He’s plugged in and he’s convinced this is happening.

This is gonna be our daily model.

Thread Information