Page 28 of 946 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128528 ... LastLast

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Wars View Post
    Just went to check if there was any white dude mainstream CNN/John Hopkins data I could use to use to counter Sonatine, but unfortunately for this society/world, the first thing I saw was this:

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Please tell me there is something amiss.

Hopefully it's "just a data entry error". Whoa.

Looks like the numbers are finally deviating from the "Chinese propoganda" quadratic model?

I figured it was only a matter of time

I'm just wondering who/what threw a wrench in their process of delivering the laughably false numbers day by day, because everyone with common sense knows that the numbers the Chinese reported are not even in the ballpark - in fact, they are miles from the ballpark.

I was following a person on reddit who predicted what the chinese government would post for infected/deaths day by day using a quadratic model. He is clearly a math guy. I'm unfortunately not a math guy. Nonetheless this guy was apparently right; He was nearly spot on.

Name:  20200212_184603.jpg
Views: 613
Size:  631.9 KB

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    also the real take-away to this 'revision' in stats is not the increase in cases, its the mysterious addition of over 240 deaths.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    also apparently china is considering lifting all curfews on the 14th because they have a 'wonderdrug'.
    https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma-...ew-coronavirus

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    also apparently china is considering lifting all curfews on the 14th because they have a 'wonderdrug'.
    https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma-...ew-coronavirus

i stocked up on Gilead options before their recent earnings report based on them having at least a big part of the cocktail and their stock lost fucking value somehow.

i honestly dont know what to make of Gilead at this point.

Gold
    Load Metric
    It was obvious there are far more people who have or had corona in China than reported. Anyone who has been paying attention and understands things figured that much out. The real concern is whether or not the death reporting is accurate or way off. They likely were at peak diagnostic capability for weeks so I never figured the # of cases to be correct.

Now deaths are a whole different thing. Given the rest of what I see from China, they could easily also be underreporting that.

Load Metric
    the real problem is that i'm booked for a cruise at the end of the year and i don't like hearing these stories

Comments

BCR: Relax. Most of us will be dead by the end of the year.

OSA: lol @ bcr

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post
    It was obvious there are far more people who have or had corona in China than reported. Anyone who has been paying attention and understands things figured that much out. The real concern is whether or not the death reporting is accurate or way off. They likely were at peak diagnostic capability for weeks so I never figured the # of cases to be correct.

Now deaths are a whole different thing. Given the rest of what I see from China, they could easily also be underreporting that.

there have been numerous independent testimonials on the internet of doctors/nurses saying the death toll in wuhan is possibly into six digits by now.

Load Metric
    https://www.scmp.com/news/china/soci...ths-will-never

no one who dies at home gets included in the official tally, and if you cant get to a hospital on your own, you die at home, because there basically are no free ambulances ever.

further more, a lot of bodies in hospitals are simply vanishing after getting wheeled into quarantine.

Load Metric
    I think the will to live is so much lower since the Chinese government cracked down on Bitcoin.

I’m prolly just projecting my own experience

Load Metric
    anyone hear anything about DoD calling up inactive service members because pandemic?

Load Metric
    hey guys, no big deal, probably just a misunderstanding, but thats a three person bodybag right there:

Comments

WillieMcFML: jfc

Diamond
    Load Metric
    hey guys, no big deal, probably just a misunderstanding, but thats a three person bodybag right there:

Thats tough to watch

Comments

sonatine: and probably happening many times every day

BCR: Yeah, so small. Brutal

Load Metric

anyone even slightly better off than mumbles-level learning disabled would find his obvious considering the anecdotal evidence at bar.

Load Metric
    An American biotech company says it created a coronavirus vaccine three hours after getting access to the virus' genetic sequence in mid-January, and now scientists are racing to get the vaccine on the market in record time.
    Inovio Pharmaceuticals is based in Pennsylvania, but scientists in its laboratory in San Diego made the discovery.
    NEW CORONAVIRUS CASES SOAR, DEATHS RISE
    "We were able to rapidly construct our vaccine in a matter of about three hours once we had the DNA sequence from the virus available because of the power of our DNA medicine platform," Dr. J. Joseph Kim, Inovio's president and CEO, told FOX Business. "Our goal is to start phase one human testing in the U.S. early this summer

Comments

BCR: Too late. We will all be dead by the time it passes clinical trials. Knock your wife up and that kid has a chance. Repopulate for us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    An American biotech company says it created a coronavirus vaccine three hours after getting access to the virus' genetic sequence in mid-January, and now scientists are racing to get the vaccine on the market in record time.
    Inovio Pharmaceuticals is based in Pennsylvania, but scientists in its laboratory in San Diego made the discovery.
    NEW CORONAVIRUS CASES SOAR, DEATHS RISE
    "We were able to rapidly construct our vaccine in a matter of about three hours once we had the DNA sequence from the virus available because of the power of our DNA medicine platform," Dr. J. Joseph Kim, Inovio's president and CEO, told FOX Business. "Our goal is to start phase one human testing in the U.S. early this summer

Early this summer...

Diamond
    Load Metric
    "maybe the drugs that work for that other virus we created will work for this one"

Load Metric
    Apropos of nothing,

What would our crime rate be if everyone was wearing masks all day? I’m thinking we have a lot of bank robberies and check cashing places getting knocked off if people could slide into those places and not alarm anyone while hiding their identity?

Load Metric
    242 new deaths.

today.

Load Metric
    65,246 cases

Deaths:

Thread Information