Page 213 of 946 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263313713 ... LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,260 of 18903

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

A legendary prediction, tremendous praise. Everyone at the time thought predictions like this were bullshit. Read the original post above, January 24th.
    You are right tgull

He is a unique brand on the web. Absolutely one of my favorites.

He is also relentless. He doesn’t believe in load management. Comes to play every day and I appreciate that.

Keeps me coming back.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    In my feelings about it tonight..

Differences aside, I do hope that you're all taking care and managing as well as you can. This is tough.

Commence double digit neg red train below.
    How are you feeling? If back to normal, what’s your gut tell you? Did you have the rona? How about the baby?
    Feeling fine, thanks.

Leaning toward I didn't have it, just coincidentally had first fever with all fever symptoms in eight years. Did have shortness of breath but often do come mid March in Portland due to allergies. Would say no confidentially but did record fever for 5 days, so..?

Yes, son was born healthy and all are well. Was fucked up having the COVID threat hanging over the experience of spending 3 days in the hospital due to c-section complications though

Comments

Sanlmar: Congrats & TR rep

BCR: Congrats. I bet you had it. Hope you did for your sake since its passed.

big dick: congrats

Sheesfaced: Congrats

IamGreek: OPA!
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Trump told Caliornia to GTFO with their closure of gun stores, and labeled them "essential".

So now they're back open.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronav...es-pharmacies/

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

How are you feeling? If back to normal, what’s your gut tell you? Did you have the rona? How about the baby?
    Feeling fine, thanks.

Leaning toward I didn't have it, just coincidentally had first fever with all fever symptoms in eight years. Did have shortness of breath but often do come mid March in Portland due to allergies. Would say no confidentially but did record fever for 5 days, so..?

Yes, son was born healthy and all are well. Was fucked up having the COVID threat hanging over the experience of spending 3 days in the hospital due to c-section complications though
    Wait, so you had a 5-day fever AND shortness of breath during all this, and you're blaming it on allergies?

You had it, bro.

Glad you're feeling better though. And congrats regarding the kid. Ran pretty damn bad with the timing, though.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post

Where he really nailed it was it’s already spread all around the world. I read through first 30 pages of thread. I was in from the start but thought we’d dodge it. Made some laughable predictions, Albeit way less laughable than many. Took it fully seriously when it hit Italy. Like First week in February. Kept waiting for a first world country. Was excited by Thailand seeing success with HIV drugs. Tine just kept nailing the 14 day incubation rate and NY subways and every aspect of this thing before it happened. The incubation rate was the key. That’s why this is what it is. He nailed that. Truly prescient prediction. I wish we could have laughed at him and Daly was still posting hippo pics. That was a better life.
    yea Im going to need confirmation on the "Origin is a level 4 bio lab"
    We will never officially know. I think it was a Chinese fuckup. I think origin is probably correct in that it came from that lab or another lab. Idk about engineered. Probably not. Most likely some shit they were studying and have bad practices it sounds like.

Opinion piece from Washington post

How did covid-19 begin? Its initial origin story is shaky. - The Washington Post

But how did the outbreak occur? Solving this medical mystery is important to prevent future pandemics. What’s increasingly clear is that the initial “origin story” — that the virus was spread by people who ate contaminated animals at the Huanan Seafood Market in Wuhan — is shaky.

Scientists have identified the culprit as a bat coronavirus, through genetic sequencing; bats weren’t sold at the seafood market, although that market or others could have sold animals that had contact with bats. The Lancet noted in a January study that the first covid-19 case in Wuhan had no connection to the seafood market.

There’s a competing theory — of an accidental lab release of bat coronavirus — that scientists have been puzzling about for weeks. Less than 300 yards from the seafood market is the Wuhan branch of the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention. Researchers from that facility and the nearby Wuhan Institute of Virology have posted articles about collecting bat coronaviruses from around China, for study to prevent future illness. Did one of those samples leak, or was hazardous waste deposited in a place where it could spread?

Richard Ebright, a Rutgers microbiologist and biosafety expert, told me in an email that “the first human infection could have occurred as a natural accident,” with the virus passing from bat to human, possibly through another animal. But Ebright cautioned that it “also could have occurred as a laboratory accident, with, for example, an accidental infection of a laboratory worker.” He noted that bat coronaviruses were studied in Wuhan at Biosafety Level 2, “which provides only minimal protection,” compared with the top BSL-4.

Ebright described a December video from the Wuhan CDC that shows staffers “collecting bat coronaviruses with inadequate [personal protective equipment] and unsafe operational practices.” Separately, I reviewed two Chinese articles, from 2017 and 2019, describing the heroics of Wuhan CDC researcher Tian Junhua, who while capturing bats in a cave “forgot to take protective measures” so that “bat urine dripped from the top of his head like raindrops.”

The Opinions section is looking for stories of how the coronavirus has affected people of all walks of life. Write to us.

And then there’s the Chinese study that was curiously withdrawn. In February, a site called ResearchGate published a brief article by Botao Xiao and Lei Xiao from Guangzhou’s South China University of Technology. “In addition to origins of natural recombination and intermediate host, the killer coronavirus probably originated from a laboratory in Wuhan. Safety level may need to be reinforced in high risk biohazardous laboratories,” the article concluded. Botao Xiao told the Wall Street Journal in February that he had withdrawn the paper because it “was not supported by direct proofs.”

Accidents happen, human or laboratory. Solving the mystery of how covid-19 began isn’t a blame game, but a chance for China and the United States to cooperate in a crisis, and prevent a future one.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Feeling fine, thanks.

Wait, so you had a 5-day fever AND shortness of breath during all this, and you're blaming it on allergies?

You had it, bro.

Glad you're feeling better though. And congrats regarding the kid. Ran pretty damn bad with the timing, though.
    Thanks; my only doubts are:

A) cherry blossom trees had exploded, which always leads to seasonal allergy misery for weeks regardless of allergy med remedy.

B) was under big stress with impending birth, job promotion.

C) did not document fever until day three at urgent care as I.couldn't buy a thermometer anywhere, and no chest tightness, dry cough at all.

But probably kidding myself with wishful thinking as there was no chance I was not being with my wife for the birth, however selfish that was. I was clear for about 12 days beforehand either way.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I can't speak to the allergy thing. Fortunately, I don't have any.

However, if you almost never get fevers anymore (I don't either), and you had a consistent one for five days PLUS the shortness of breath, it's very likely you had it.

If that's true, be happy. That would mean you're past it, and dont have to sweat getting it in the future. Wish I was in your shoes.

You're somewhat younger than most of us here, right? Like 35 or something? If so, that makes a big difference in expected symptoms. A lot of people your age can get it and not feel all that much. At my age, death is rare, but mid-level symptoms (ones where you're very sick but not hospitalized) are expected, and hospitalization is a legit possibility.

I would be much less worried about this for myself if I were 10 years younger.

Anyway, if they ever get an antibody test out, I guess you'll find out for sure.

Load Metric

However, if you almost never get fevers anymore (I don't either), and you had a consistent one for five days PLUS the shortness of breath, it's very likely you had it.

If that's true, be happy. That would mean you're past it, and dont have to sweat getting it in the future. Wish I was in your shoes.

You're somewhat younger than most of us here, right? Like 35 or something? If so, that makes a big difference in expected symptoms. A lot of people your age can get it and not feel all that much. At my age, death is rare, but mid-level symptoms (ones where you're very sick but not hospitalized) are expected, and hospitalization is a legit possibility.

Anyway, if they ever get an antibody test out, I guess you'll find out for sure.
    Yes, you're probably right (am 34).

Was almost grateful to not have an available test, as a confirmation would have really led to some tough decisions.

Started feeling bad on 3/8, confirmed fever 3/11. Strictly quarantined in basement after that (likely led to extra vitriol toward jenius).

I was grateful for every day past the due date of 3/21, and felt relieved when 3/27 hit as I could confidentially assert that I had been well for 14 days. Induction was 3/28, and threat of COVID actually did play a factor in that.

Thank goodness all went well.

Comments

nightmarefish:

Load Metric
    Trump told Caliornia to GTFO with their closure of gun stores, and labeled them "essential".

Priorities.

Guns are to grown men what binkies are to toddlers.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric

On a lighter note, PFA's favorite non-member incel lunatic got shitcanned after weeks of nutty videos walking around stores by himself complaining about how we're all pussies for fearing COVID.

Actually feel bad for the guy, as he seems jovial albeit extremely weird. His ignorance is not his fault; it's almost certainly a result of Fox News and being simple.

Only highlight this to show an anecdotal example of how there are so many people out there with this attitude that are going to extend this because they take their marching orders from catching Hannity once every other week and a steady dose of FB memes.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post

If your temp drops below 95 then you have a severe infection. I had a patient that had a 94 once. I couldn’t believe it and took it anal and it was the same. Called the squad, he didn’t live. Either a temp too high or too low can mean infection. Usually people with low temps feel hot not cold so not sure wtf was wrong with you.
    Back to mid 97s now, which is actually my normal (and normal for most people, actually).

Still feel chills today. Also some mild fatigue. At least I'm not coughing or having breathing issues, so probably not corona.
    Druff, perhaps you should get a ‘smart shirt’ like the astronauts wear, so that your vital signs can be continuously monitored and remotely uploaded to your computer for analysis and sharing here on PFA.

Final Frontier Medicine: Astronauts Use 'Smart Shirt' and Ultrasounds to Monitor Health
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.spa...-in-space.html
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Name:  lvscrapedout.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  17.4 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

A legendary prediction, tremendous praise. Everyone at the time thought predictions like this were bullshit. Read the original post above, January 24th.
    Where he really nailed it was it’s already spread all around the world. I read through first 30 pages of thread. I was in from the start but thought we’d dodge it. Made some laughable predictions, Albeit way less laughable than many. Took it fully seriously when it hit Italy. Like First week in February. Kept waiting for a first world country. Was excited by Thailand seeing success with HIV drugs. Tine just kept nailing the 14 day incubation rate and NY subways and every aspect of this thing before it happened. The incubation rate was the key. That’s why this is what it is. He nailed that. Truly prescient prediction. I wish we could have laughed at him and Daly was still posting hippo pics. That was a better life.
    Yeah, the whole around the world thing was spot on. It probably was in the US in December. It was probably confused with the flu. I got sick in February and might have had it.

Load Metric

In LA I think they only closed them for about a day until the lawyers stepped in and told the city and sheriff that they were trampling on the constitution. Trump labeling them as essential was just a cherry on top. Anyone who needs to buy a gun now anyways is doing it wrong and will probably shoot themselves or a family member before the zombie apocalypse jumps off.

Load Metric
    Trump obv has been to LA

Name:  BDE607E6-1B10-4193-96C9-3E2F24F037A3.jpeg
Views: 420
Size:  138.9 KB

Load Metric
    a friend just sent me a selfie of her at a target wearing a mask and gloves like it was cute.

shes holding her cell phone with her gloves on.

nice pic, she looks good. heres the thing tho.

phone: totally infected
    hair: totally infected
    that cute top: totally infected
    lulumon leggings: totally infected
    socks: totally infected
    shoes: totally infected
    glasses: totally infected

the odds of this fucking karen getting all those things off her and into the laundry/sink/shower to be washed / cleaned without leaving snail trails of virus everywhere in her car and apartment are approximately zero. and from there her toddler will pick them up, become infected, and transfer back to her.

and i cant even suggest a course correction to her because literally everyone is pulling this shit, either out of ignorance or emotional necessity or a combo of both.

im kinda blessed i guess because i grew up when AIDS was a big fucking deal, so i understand the concept of risk on a real visceral level here, plus i did some work after 9/11 in environments that drove home the fundamental complexities of containment theories when it came to biological weapons.

but try to explain that shit to someone a few years younger than me and they are like 'lol i gotta live my life hashtag yolo i guess'.

cool thats gonna be a real short experiment with a very sad ending for a lot of you tho.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    a friend just sent me a selfie of her at a target wearing a mask and gloves like it was cute.

the odds of this fucking karen getting all those things off her and into the laundry/sink/shower to be washed / cleaned without leaving snail trails of virus everywhere in her car and apartment are approximately zero. and from there her toddler will pick them up, become infected, and transfer back to her.

and i cant even suggest a course correction to her because literally everyone is pulling this shit, either out of ignorance or emotional necessity or a combo of both.

im kinda blessed i guess because i grew up when AIDS was a big fucking deal, so i understand the concept of risk on a real visceral level here, plus i did some work after 9/11 in environments that drove home the fundamental complexities of containment theories when it came to biological weapons.

but try to explain that shit to someone a few years younger than me and they are like 'lol i gotta live my life hashtag yolo i guess'.

cool thats gonna be a real short experiment with a very sad ending for a lot of you tho.

AIDS is a different beast altogether though. You just had to avoid unprotected sex and shooting up and you were good.

Here you have to avoid, EVERYTHING.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Stop avoiding doing those handstand push-ups!

Platinum
    Load Metric

Yes, you're probably right (am 34).

Was almost grateful to not have an available test, as a confirmation would have really led to some tough decisions.

Started feeling bad on 3/8, confirmed fever 3/11. Strictly quarantined in basement after that (likely led to extra vitriol toward jenius).

I was grateful for every day past the due date of 3/21, and felt relieved when 3/27 hit as I could confidentially assert that I had been well for 14 days. Induction was 3/28, and threat of COVID actually did play a factor in that.

Thank goodness all went well.
    Good story for me to hear personally as my wife is due in July. She's also a nurse which makes it extra stressful.

Comments

DirtyErnie: good vibes

Platinum
    Load Metric

Once again my wife being a nurse, when she comes home from work she strips down completely naked in the garage, washes her hands and goes directly into the shower. People that take a trip to the grocery store should probably be doing the same.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

Once again my wife being a nurse, when she comes home from work she strips down completely naked in the garage, washes her hands and goes directly into the shower. People that take a trip to the grocery store should probably be doing the same.

yeah people need clean rooms if they are going to be moving around in this atmosphere. its just common sense. glad to hear your wife has her head on straight.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Thread Information