Page 820 of 946 FirstFirst ... 320720770810816817818819820821822823824830870920 ... LastLast
Results 16,381 to 16,400 of 18916

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Name:  B2102B3B-7046-4497-B423-7532C92DFE0F.jpeg
Views: 370
Size:  161.8 KB

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post

The irony is that there is probably 100 different cold viruses Druff is going to expose himself to at the WSOP and given his immunization status Omicron is probably one of the milder ones. And this is especially true in Druff's case as he lives with someone who had Covid earlier this year and he didn't even get it, so obviously he has some sort of built in immunity (either genetic and/or through previous exposure).
    I think Omicron will be a tougher thing to go through than anything I've caught at the WSOP, maybe with the exception of the really really nasty cold I picked up in 2010, which knocked me out for 2 weeks (plus gave me viral pink eye!) That one remains the worst cold of my life.

Everything else I've picked up at the WSOP has been of the run-of-the-mill cold variety, which while not pleasant, wasn't anything which knocked me off my feet. Getting Omicron at age 50 will probably result in at least a very unpleasant illness, I'm guessing similar to how I felt on the vaccine (but lasting longer).

I think I didn't get Omicron from Benjamin because I had just gotten the 3rd shot two and a half months prior, and immunity was pretty good at that point. The jury is still out on whether the fourth shot does all that much.
    I respect your choices because you've respected the choices of others throughout the course of this virus with the exception of that one time you called older people stupid for not wanting to take the shots when they became available. You've spoken up for the kids and spoken out against senseless mandates and restrictions. When does it end for you though? Are you thinking ahead to a 5th shot or is this the end for you?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post

I think Omicron will be a tougher thing to go through than anything I've caught at the WSOP, maybe with the exception of the really really nasty cold I picked up in 2010, which knocked me out for 2 weeks (plus gave me viral pink eye!) That one remains the worst cold of my life.

Everything else I've picked up at the WSOP has been of the run-of-the-mill cold variety, which while not pleasant, wasn't anything which knocked me off my feet. Getting Omicron at age 50 will probably result in at least a very unpleasant illness, I'm guessing similar to how I felt on the vaccine (but lasting longer).

I think I didn't get Omicron from Benjamin because I had just gotten the 3rd shot two and a half months prior, and immunity was pretty good at that point. The jury is still out on whether the fourth shot does all that much.
    I respect your choices because you've respected the choices of others throughout the course of this virus with the exception of that one time you called older people stupid for not wanting to take the shots when they became available. You've spoken up for the kids and spoken out against senseless mandates and restrictions. When does it end for you though? Are you thinking ahead to a 5th shot or is this the end for you?
    if you haven't figured it out yet Druff will be getting every booster the media and Dr Fauci tells him to get. it's very clear.

druff is gone, aids

Load Metric

Serious question, you generally seem like a nice guy, but you’re like some autist with this repetitive shit you’ve repeated a hundred times.

Explain to me your line of thinking where Druff has about an hour invested in getting 4 shots. He’s had a little bit of side effects. You’ve asked me this question who has never had any side effect. Now they don’t even make me wait 15 minutes. Basically I’ve got 50 minutes wrapped up in getting vaccinated 4 times and I’m one of the only people I know who hasn’t lost a week or two to this virus.

I can understand the line of thinking of someone who is an anti-vaxxer who thinks there is something sinister in the vaccine, but I’m pretty sure you said you’ve had it at least once. Druff clearly has had it multiple times already. Even if the loons were right and there was something sinister in it, he’s clearly already been exposed to it on various occasions.

If you like to do shit and prefer to have more free time, it’s glaringly fucking obvious that for the vast majority of people, they win this simple math problem by getting a shot that takes 10 minutes. Do you ask people who get annual flu shots omg when does it end!

Explain why the people who claim to want everything return to normal are still the people obsessed with this thing? Who now care when it’s enough for him? He reads, makes a judgement call why do you ask this question a hundred times.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Serious question, you generally seem like a nice guy, but you’re like some autist with this repetitive shit you’ve repeated a hundred times.

Explain to me your line of thinking where Druff has about an hour invested in getting 4 shots. He’s had a little bit of side effects. You’ve asked me this question who has never had any side effect. Now they don’t even make me wait 15 minutes. Basically I’ve got 50 minutes wrapped up in getting vaccinated 4 times and I’m one of the only people I know who hasn’t lost a week or two to this virus.

I can understand the line of thinking of someone who is an anti-vaxxer who thinks there is something sinister in the vaccine, but I’m pretty sure you said you’ve had it at least once. Druff clearly has had it multiple times already. Even if the loons were right and there was something sinister in it, he’s clearly already been exposed to it on various occasions.

If you like to do shit and prefer to have more free time, it’s glaringly fucking obvious that for the vast majority of people, they win this simple math problem by getting a shot that takes 10 minutes. Do you ask people who get annual flu shots omg when does it end!

Explain why the people who claim to want everything return to normal are still the people obsessed with this thing? Who now care when it’s enough for him? He reads, makes a judgement call why do you ask this question a hundred times.
    You are coming from a perspective that the benefits clearly outweigh the risks, which is what the official narrative is. However, personally I am not sure the benefit of perpetual vaccinations outweigh the risks, especially as we move forward and the benefits become murkier and murkier to discern. In April of 2021 it was pretty obvious that getting the first 2 shots for as many people as possible was +EV. The data emphatically supported this. But now? Where is the data showing emphatic benefit for 4th shots? I just am not seeing it. But I know there are costs. The reason most people feel like shit for a few days after getting a vaccine is because inflammatory cascades going into overdrive. Even if you dont feel this like most people do, it is probably still happening at some lower level. That is a clear cost, that can have ramifications moving forward. We know that.

Maybe continued vaccinations are still +EV. I really dont know. But I have a PhD in a field extremely relevant to this topic, so I understand the issues at a different level, and I have also been on the other side of the looking glass where data gets massaged to fit a preferred narrative. And I personally believe "the science" has been perverted due to political and economic influences, and I don't trust the scientific community to give us the truth if it conflicted with the preferred narrative.

Load Metric

You are coming from a perspective that the benefits clearly outweigh the risks, which is what the official narrative is. However, personally I am not sure the benefit of perpetual vaccinations outweigh the risks, especially as we move forward and the benefits become murkier and murkier to discern. In April of 2021 it was pretty obvious that getting the first 2 shots for as many people as possible was +EV. The data emphatically supported this. But now? Where is the data showing emphatic benefit for 4th shots? I just am not seeing it. But I know there are costs. The reason most people feel like shit for a few days after getting a vaccine is because inflammatory cascades going into overdrive. Even if you dont feel this like most people do, it is probably still happening at some lower level. That is a clear cost, that can have ramifications moving forward. We know that.

Maybe continued vaccinations are still +EV. I really dont know. But I have a PhD in a field extremely relevant to this topic, so I understand the issues at a different level, and I have also been on the other side of the looking glass where data gets massaged to fit a preferred narrative. And I personally believe "the science" has been perverted due to political and economic influences, and I don't trust the scientific community to give us the truth if it conflicted with the preferred narrative.
    That’s fine. I wasn’t sure there was any benefit to the 4th. Given I have no side effect, I just choose to opt to get it because I have parents in their seventies. It’s now become clearer that I’m just as likely to get it as someone unvaccinated. Somehow dodging it for this entire time even when surrounded by those who had it made me think there had to be some small level of increased protection. Going forward, I’ll probably trend towards more annual unless I read something that dissuades me.

You’re making a case it’s possibly -EV. He never makes any case like that. It’s similar to his I voted for Biden and was basically bitching about him a week after the inauguration. He on one hand claims to respect that Druff respected peoples choices, then launches into the same question every time about Druffs personal choice after he’s done his own homework.

No one I love has lost a single day to having this. I really don’t know anyone that untouched who is active, constantly out and about, and is a vaccine skeptic.

I also haven’t shared your experience of people generally having side effect. I’d say people I know are 80/20 having none of any significance.50- 60% having absolutely none at all. That’s probably a product of you being younger, and more acquainted with people with stronger immune systems.

Load Metric
    Anyone considering getting another “vaccine” shot for Covid at this point is either extremely stupid or a zealot.

Most are both.

Load Metric

how dare you, a PhD, contradict a coke head guy from Ohio, he says there are NO RISKS to getting this vaccine as many times as Pfizer tells you to!

Comments

BCR: Grown ups are talking. Go sit down where the n-words tell you to sit and be quiet

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    Anyone considering getting another “vaccine” shot for Covid at this point is either extremely stupid or a zealot.

Most are both.

You forgot the "If it's FREE, it's ME" crowd.
    En boca cerrada, no entran moscas

Load Metric
    bcr big mad

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

if you haven't figured it out yet Druff will be getting every booster the media and Dr Fauci tells him to get. it's very clear.

druff is gone, aids
    He is an independent thinker that comes to his own conclusions, taking into account his gout-riddled body and the increased risk of things going bad because he doesn't take care of his health. Have some respect faggot.

People with gout are likely to be at an increased risk of poor outcomes after COVID-19 infection due to comorbid cardiometabolic conditions. The effects of chronic hyperuricemia on trained immunity, and the hyperinflammatory state induced by gout itself may also play a role.

LOL gout
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

druff is gone, aids
    He is an independent thinker that comes to his own conclusions, taking into account his gout-riddled body and the increased risk of things going bad because he doesn't take care of his health. Have some respect faggot.

People with gout are likely to be at an increased risk of poor outcomes after COVID-19 infection due to comorbid cardiometabolic conditions. The effects of chronic hyperuricemia on trained immunity, and the hyperinflammatory state induced by gout itself may also play a role.

LOL gout

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    No right wingers should be bothered by my COVID takes. I literally say that no lockdowns shout exist, no masking should be required, and no COVID vaccines should be required. I say that each person should make their own assessment. I probably would have skipped the 4th shot had it not been for the upcoming WSOP, or if I were 25 years old.

I knew people around my age who died of it. Sloppy Joe is only 34 and gets winded going up the steps. Everyone should decide for themselves and which side of the risk/reward equation they fall.

Kalam is correct that there are some possible downsides to endless shots. One of them is known as "T-cell exhaustion", which essentially makes your body too used to seeing the virus present, to the point where it erroneously believes it to be a normal presence and stops fighting it. It has not been proven that such frequent vaccinations will cause T-cell exhaustion, but we've never had a vaccine we take twice a year, and the possibility is definitely on the table.

Load Metric
    No right wingers should be bothered by my COVID takes. I literally say that no lockdowns shout exist, no masking should be required, and no COVID vaccines should be required. I say that each person should make their own assessment. I probably would have skipped the 4th shot had it not been for the upcoming WSOP, or if I were 25 years old.

I knew people around my age who died of it. Sloppy Joe is only 34 and gets winded going up the steps. Everyone should decide for themselves and which side of the risk/reward equation they fall.

Kalam is correct that there are some possible downsides to endless shots. One of them is known as "T-cell exhaustion", which essentially makes your body too used to seeing the virus present, to the point where it erroneously believes it to be a normal presence and stops fighting it. It has not been proven that such frequent vaccinations will cause T-cell exhaustion, but we've never had a vaccine we take twice a year, and the possibility is definitely on the table.
    Brother I climb mountains after having it and have never needed to phone a friend to bring me crutches after taking a shit.

You should get a booster every week.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric

Brother I climb mountains after having it and have never needed to phone a friend to bring me crutches after taking a shit.

ROFL @ crutches

Load Metric

Honestly, give Druff 5 shots of whatever before WSOP, and im in on a BAP

Gold
    Load Metric

That’s fine. I wasn’t sure there was any benefit to the 4th. Given I have no side effect, I just choose to opt to get it because I have parents in their seventies. It’s now become clearer that I’m just as likely to get it as someone unvaccinated. Somehow dodging it for this entire time even when surrounded by those who had it made me think there had to be some small level of increased protection. Going forward, I’ll probably trend towards more annual unless I read something that dissuades me.

You’re making a case it’s possibly -EV. He never makes any case like that. It’s similar to his I voted for Biden and was basically bitching about him a week after the inauguration. He on one hand claims to respect that Druff respected peoples choices, then launches into the same question every time about Druffs personal choice after he’s done his own homework.

No one I love has lost a single day to having this. I really don’t know anyone that untouched who is active, constantly out and about, and is a vaccine skeptic.

I also haven’t shared your experience of people generally having side effect. I’d say people I know are 80/20 having none of any significance.50- 60% having absolutely none at all. That’s probably a product of you being younger, and more acquainted with people with stronger immune systems.
    I just turned 43, but that seems to be in the upper end of the range where you feel strong symptoms from the vaccine. Most of the people I know in the 30-45 year old range felt like shit with the 3rd vaccine being the worst. I know 2 people that died from Covid. Both elderly, frail, had preexisting COPD, and unvaccinated (one o the guys died before the vaccine came out so tough break, the other my wife's uncle who was a dumbass and never got vaccinated despite being a lifelong smoker and having COPD and died of Covid in 2021).

For as advanced as we are with regards to biological knowledge; the truth is biological systems are so complex, unpredictable, and our understanding is so superficial that biology is mostly a descriptive science, with extremely little predictive power.

You can use the laws of physics and engineering and computer modeling to build a bridge and have a pretty good idea if it is going to hold up or not. With biology you really have no idea what is going to happen until it does happen. You just have to monitor what happens, and then work backward to try to understand why. We have almost no predictive power at all when it comes to medicine, and biology in general. We have no idea what the consequences of endemic Covid and perpetual mRNA booster shots are going to be. All we can do is collect data and go from there. My only concern is that the whole process is so tainted by politics and economics I dont really trust our establishment to even do this honestly.

But FWIW I dont see Trump or deSantis becoming President in 2 years and correcting this. Both of them would assuredly corrupt the process further.

Comments

Sanlmar: Biology is a descriptive science. Mic drop. HOF post

BCR: Fantastic post. It’s nice to have someone educated on this subject commenting.

Gold
    Load Metric

I don't think it was quite 100x but I do ask this of Druff because I'm curious about the response. I don't ever mean to be disrespectful of others choices including those who choose to take indefinite shots. You're correct, I did take 2 shots. At the time I thought it was the right thing to do. I was lead to believe that if I just took those 2 shots and if everyone else did the same we could all go back to normal and that would be the end of it but that wasn't true and had I known then that there would be a 3rd and a 4th shot expected I never would've taken the 2 that I did. I like to hear everyone's point of view about this. Sometimes I have questions which I assume are ok to ask here. Its obvious there have been many virus related lies and its obvious many have been mislead about the vaccines. I don't really ever know who to trust but I do always trust Druff to give his honest thoughts and to be educated on a subject before he would embark on the course that he has. I don't understand the decisions to take so many shots especially when they make you sick as so I ask.

Load Metric
    15 days to slow the spread. What could possibly go wrong?…

Name:  B23CFB00-7E94-4AFC-B78F-ED29CFF1F89E.jpeg
Views: 543
Size:  87.6 KB

Load Metric
    Welcome to the Great Reinfection

Great title from Wired Magazine

Thread Information