Page 233 of 946 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283333733 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,660 of 18903

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Anyway, the official narrative from everywhere is that the first case was on January 19:

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/n...urces-70031273

there are a few details not included in this article but if you squint and read between the lines, you can piece it together. regardless of those tidbits, his presents a more suitable timeline.
    Interesting article, even though Sanlmar misumderstood your quote of me, erroneously believing that I was arguing that it wasn't in the US until January 19. (My post was saying that it was probably here well before that.)

So this article would strongly lead to the belief that COVID-19 was in the US in December, but China hadn't acknowledged the disease yet, and doctors/hospitals were likely mistaking it for a stubborn flu or a flu with complications.

Regarding whether this should be laid at Trump's feet, that's not so obvious. The reports given to Trump were regarding the safety of US military forces in China, NOT a potential pandemic which would spread to the US.

It's important to remember that COVID-19 is new territory for everyone. We've never seen anything like this before -- a disease both easily transmissible AND carrying severe/deadly symptoms. Anyone concluding in November that this was a huge threat to the US was either psychic or paranoid. It's easy to look back now and say, "We should've been prepared", but you have to be realistic, especially given the mountain of intel presented to the White House about various subjects each day. In some ways, this seems like Monday Morning Quarterbacking.

If you doubt me on this, tell me how much social distancing you were doing on February 1. At that point, you had MORE info about COVID-19 than Trump had in late November. Were you taking it seriously? Were you changing your lifestyle or daily habits? I doubt it. Let he who is without COVID-19 sin cast the first stone.

With that said, Trump did waste much of February somewhat in denial of the seriousness of the matter, and seemed more focused upon the Democratic attacks against him. To be fair, Democrats were indeed being unfair and trying to politicize this during February, but that's 2020 politics, and Trump should have ignored this and sprung into action. He didn't, and that was a big mistake.

It became a self-fulfilling prophecy. Democrats were hitting Trump with attacks that he was doing a horrible job, using a lot of unfair/untrue talking points. This caused Trump to obsess over the attacks instead of focusing on the coronavirus, which, in turn, caused him to do a lousy job in February. Not defending him at all for that (he should have tuned it out), but honestly that's what occurred.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Your Trump apologia tour is truly sickening.

tony bagadonuts: BumblesPoorly offset

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The UK reports that all antibody tests thus far are a complete fail.

However, there is a belief that a good one could be developed "within a month".

Gonna be a long month.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/h...ioned-n1179541

Load Metric
    Looks like blacks aren’t faring well in this bs. They make up a majority of the deaths even though being a minority. Hate to say but their obesity rate is higher than any other group. One of my patients yesterday was a young black female pregnant with asthma and she weighed over 400 pounds. There is no way she will survive if she catches this shit.

I hope corona is a wake up call for many to change.

Comments

BCR: They have the trifecta. Bad bp and many diabetics also. Eat poorly

OSA: Lets be honest, black dont fare well in anything
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    The UK reports that all antibody tests thus far are a complete fail.

However, there is a belief that a good one could be developed "within a month".

Gonna be a long month.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/h...ioned-n1179541
    I don’t think this antibody test will be any game changer for a long time. I think we likely have a vaccine before it’s a game changer in the US. Even if the cases are 50 times what’s reported, that’s still less than 10% of our population. Might be a game changer in Italy or somewhere.

If we found even 20% of the population had it and have antibodies, what does it change? It’s not like you’re going to be any more comfortable going to commerce with 20% less to give it to you. It’s extraordinarily unlikely you have had it. Most people our age have at least some mild symptoms. It’s not nearly enough for herd immunity. It’s great for the 10%, and much of New York, but it’s not going to make it much safer for most of us

Load Metric
    Fauci says we should never shake hands again. I agree. I never did, when someone wanted to shake my hand I told them I don’t do that. Touching randoms hands is gross. Best advice he has given so far.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Fuck it! The next time I greet a stranger, I’m going in for some tongue!
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Silver
    Load Metric

there are a few details not included in this article but if you squint and read between the lines, you can piece it together. regardless of those tidbits, his presents a more suitable timeline.

With that said, Trump did waste much of February somewhat in denial of the seriousness of the matter, and seemed more focused upon the Democratic attacks against him. To be fair, Democrats were indeed being unfair and trying to politicize this during February, but that's 2020 politics, and Trump should have ignored this and sprung into action. He didn't, and that was a big mistake.

It became a self-fulfilling prophecy. Democrats were hitting Trump with attacks that he was doing a horrible job, using a lot of unfair/untrue talking points. This caused Trump to obsess over the attacks instead of focusing on the coronavirus, which, in turn, caused him to do a lousy job in February. Not defending him at all for that (he should have tuned it out), but honestly that's what occurred.
    Wait hold up did you seriously just try to say Trump did a lousy job in February because he was too busy focusing on the unfair and untrue Democratic attacks on him and thus he didn’t have time to focus on the seriousness of the Coronavirus? Like seriously? You seriously believe that and it’s not a parody post?

Comments

OSA: Wakeup dude its been going on for 4 years

MumblesBadly: Counter

big dick: counter

Load Metric
    Wow Youtube deleted all critical rona videos by a German user "Coach Cecil"
    he simply asked questions, calm & factual
    Winner of the $555 freeroll

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel72 View Post
    Wow Youtube deleted all critical rona videos by a German user "Coach Cecil"
    he simply asked questions, calm & factual
    I haven’t taken German in over 30 years. Is he some conspiritard? I see the diet he recommends which is pretty standard and no big deal, but I see pictures of Bill Gates and my gut feeling is he’s some nut job. What were his calm and rational questions?

Load Metric

Would like to hear some US opinions on this. Druff?

Comments

MumblesBadly: “Communist propaganda!!!”

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Well this ain't good.

I've had a dry cough for the past 2 days. It's not terrible, just annoying.

However, no fever, no fatigue, no shortness of breath. I could go out and hike several miles right now with no issue (well, other than the pouring rain which usually doesn't come in April like this).

I did have a similar cough in 2018 which was associated with the LPR, which vanished after about a month.

Could be nothing, could be the beginning of the corona super AIDS.

Load Metric
    Well this ain't good.

However, no fever, no fatigue, no shortness of breath. I could go out and hike several miles right now with no issue (well, other than the pouring rain which usually doesn't come in April like this).

I did have a similar cough in 2018 which was associated with the LPR, which vanished after about a month.

If you do not have a fever you are fine. Plus the cough generally needs to come basically from your esophagus to be considered dangerous.

Comments

splitthis: Coughs don’t come from the esophagus, that’s a food tube

Load Metric
    pollen.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: correctamundo
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Anyway, the official narrative from everywhere is that the first case was on January 19:

this makes me wonder if the 102.5 fever and absurd cough i had off an on for over a week could have been it. i tested negative for the flu.

i'm guessing no, but it was weird. i haven't been that sick as far back as i can remember

my whole neighborhood was really sick

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

this makes me wonder if the 102.5 fever and absurd cough i had off an on for over a week could have been it. i tested negative for the flu.

i'm guessing no, but it was weird. i haven't been that sick as far back as i can remember

ask yourself honestly; why wouldnt it be the rona?

it also lends itself to the theory that we are seeing lower numbers than modeled because of antibody resistance from people getting infected in dec/jan.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

it also lends itself to the theory that we are seeing lower numbers than modeled because of antibody resistance from people getting infected in dec/jan.
    I think this theory could make a lot of sense. Anecdotal story - I took my family to Disneyland and my MIL got smoked with a nasty fever, sore throat and a brutal cough. Looking back she had every symptom of Corona and we think it's possible she had it. Would be fantastic if there was a reliable test for the antibodies to know.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post

I think this theory could make a lot of sense. Anecdotal story - I took my family to Disneyland and my MIL got smoked with a nasty fever, sore throat and a brutal cough. Looking back she had every symptom of Corona and we think it's possible she had it. Would be fantastic if there was a reliable test for the antibodies to know.
    What month?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by v12cl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post

What month?
    December 18th - 25th. She got very ill a few days into the trip.

Load Metric
    Well this ain't good.

You’re going to have to control your thoughts on this one. Considering the rona makes people feel like they have a lump in their throat, it would be super easy to let anxiety get out of hand with this thing, which then can cause breathlessness, and one ugly cycle. A lot of people are anxious atm. I’ve been so happy to have not coughed in months. My town has more deaths than both counties that include Cleveland and Columbus. I’d easily convince myself I had it if I started coughing.

The good part is Trump said anyone who wants a test can have one on March 6th so you should be able to rule anything out very quickly with a simple phone call

Silver
    Load Metric
    Well this ain't good.

Go to this site created by Emory University to check your symptoms and good luck, stay healthy

https://c19check.com/start

Load Metric
    Well this ain't good.

Thread Information