Page 201 of 947 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251301701 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,020 of 18926

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Where was I dead wrong?

You won't find a single post of mine dismissing the coronavirus as no big deal. In fact, I was ahead of most of the poker curve by quitting Commerce in late January.
    Trump was ahead of the curve as well he stopped people from china entering the country.
    Did a lot of good

How can you sit here and still defend him? You still to this day defend that motherfucker

You right wing coo coo birds say trump did a good thing by stopping the chinks from entering the country back in january right?
    by admitting this at the same time you admit that he knew months ago that the virus was a a big problem correct?
    He knew to stop chinks from coming into the country but didnt know to stock up on testing kits?masks? ventilators?

you cant have it both ways

Trump told the entire country weeks ago that ANYONE who wants a test can get one. Can you walk into a hospital right now and get one?
    It's kind of like the 'Obama paid Iran a cash ransom'. He brings it up every once in a while, everyone explains to him what happened, and he just ignores it and comes back a few weeks later making exact same claim.

I'll try again anyway:

'Trump made the bold move to stop travel from China and was highly criticized/called racist for doing it' <--- Other than stopping the travel from China, all of this is false.

He made the call after Delta, United and American announced they were cancelling all trips in and out of China. It was the right call, but an easy one and there definitely was not any outcry for him making it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Trump was ahead of the curve as well he stopped people from china entering the country.
    Did a lot of good

How can you sit here and still defend him? You still to this day defend that motherfucker

You right wing coo coo birds say trump did a good thing by stopping the chinks from entering the country back in january right?
    by admitting this at the same time you admit that he knew months ago that the virus was a a big problem correct?
    He knew to stop chinks from coming into the country but didnt know to stock up on testing kits?masks? ventilators?

Trump told the entire country weeks ago that ANYONE who wants a test can get one. Can you walk into a hospital right now and get one?
    It's kind of like the 'Obama paid Iran a cash ransom'. He brings it up every once in a while, everyone explains to him what happened, and he just ignores it and comes back a few weeks later making exact same claim.

I'll try again anyway:

'Trump made the bold move to stop travel from China and was highly criticized/called racist for doing it' <--- Other than stopping the travel from China, all of this is false.

He made the call after Delta, United and American announced they were cancelling all trips in and out of China. It was the right call, but an easy one and there definitely was not any outcry for him making it.

its like he's auditioning for a rural AM radio slot.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post
    LOL, I'm dying. The Governor of Florida will only take in Floridians from cruise ships, but not other Americans. The ship has literally just been sitting there while people are dying.

That fucking ingrate! Florida’s tourism industry is fueled by non-Floridians! Time to call for a tourism boycott of Florida until the people of that state remove that asshole from office! Hell! Stop drinking Florida orange juice as well!
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post
    LOL, I'm dying. The Governor of Florida will only take in Floridians from cruise ships, but not other Americans. The ship has literally just been sitting there while people are dying.

That fucking ingrate! Florida’s tourism industry is fueled by non-Floridians! Time to call for a tourism boycott of Florida until the people of that state remove that asshole from office! Hell! Stop drinking Florida orange juice as well!

ok boomer.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Bow to your boomer elders, son!

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020...avirus-miracle

so basically wh staff like to sit around and spitball super random timelines / ideas, just normal game theory stuff, and then trump gets in front of cameras and presents the one that seems nicest to him and announces its policy.

because he's quite literally retarded.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Did a lot of good

I'll try again anyway:

Obama did pay a cash ransom, and Iran totally owned him in that exchange. This was proof positive that he sucked at foreign policy and got repeatedly pushed around by foreign leaders. I have never ignored responses to this claim of mine. If you'd like to debate this, start a different thread and I'll be glad to discuss it further.

Regarding Trump, yes, he was roundly criticized for the China travel restrictions on January 31. Even Joe Biden criticized him. The mainstream media was full of articles and editorials accusing Trump or hysteria, racism, and xenophobia. Go look it up.

Trump did screw up the testing thing. I've said that countless times in this thread. Both Trump and the CDC screwed this up in February. There's no question that they should have gotten serious about the quick manufacture of N95 masks and ventilators.

With that said, the left is rewriting history, portraying it as if they were all taking COVID-19 super-seriously while Trump was dismissing all concerns. That's not what happened. Almost nobody in the country took COVID-19 really seriously until close to the middle of March.

Duped, were you social distancing in February? big dick, were you? sonatine, were you? (Well, in sonatine's case, were you social distancing more than you already do in normal times?)

I doubt any of you were. Credit to sonatine for stocking up on supplies before the rest of us, but I didn't see anyone in this thread urging social distancing or taking the COVID-19 threat to the US as seriously as everyone is taking it today.

Trump under-reacted, but so did everyone else.

I also sincerely doubt that a Democratic President would have done much better in February. Let's say Obama were still President. Would he have efficiently directed the quick production of masks and ventilators in February? I doubt it. When Ebola happened, he appointed a longtime Democratic operative to lead the government's response to it (LOL). The only reason nobody talks about that is because Ebola doesn't transmit easily, so the situation fixed itself. Obama also couldn't handle getting a simple website up and running for our healthcare, wasting $560 million on simple site which didn't work, and then refused to fire the woman responsible for the entire debacle. Anyone with faith in Democratic leaders handling this well is delusional.

Comments

Hockey Guy: Just like clockwork. You must be stupid if you seriously believe Obama would not have followed the "pandemic gameplan" that he commissioned.

Sloppy Joe: Disgraceful

MumblesBadly: Druff, give up the Trump apology routine. You have lost all credibility regarding being objective regarding Obama versus Trump.

splitthis: Offset just cuz

Muck Ficon: You earned this

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also sonatine, if you have any connections to get me onto a rural AM radio station, ship 'em my way. As long as I can do it from home, I'll jump at that opportunity.

Thanks.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Gotta have the personality, especially in rural markets

splitthis: Offset

Load Metric
    "trump screwed up the testing"... we arent talking about a shortstop making an error costing his team a trip to the world series here druff.

100'S of thousands of people are going to die because of his 'screw up"

Load Metric
    "trump screwed up the testing"... we arent talking about a shortstop making an error costing his team a trip to the world series here druff.

100'S of thousands of people are going to die because of his 'screw up"
    shut the fuck up already you obsessed freak, you have seriously lost your mind. fuck off already you cnn weirdo

Comments

Salty_Aus: You contribute NOTHING but blind abuse.

RS_:

Sheesfaced: Worry About It

Tellafriend:

gimmick: cunt

Load Metric

I'll try again anyway:

Obama did pay a cash ransom, and Iran totally owned him in that exchange. This was proof positive that he sucked at foreign policy and got repeatedly pushed around by foreign leaders. I have never ignored responses to this claim of mine. If you'd like to debate this, start a different thread and I'll be glad to discuss it further.

Regarding Trump, yes, he was roundly criticized for the China travel restrictions on January 31. Even Joe Biden criticized him. The mainstream media was full of articles and editorials accusing Trump or hysteria, racism, and xenophobia. Go look it up.

Trump did screw up the testing thing. I've said that countless times in this thread. Both Trump and the CDC screwed this up in February. There's no question that they should have gotten serious about the quick manufacture of N95 masks and ventilators.

With that said, the left is rewriting history, portraying it as if they were all taking COVID-19 super-seriously while Trump was dismissing all concerns. That's not what happened. Almost nobody in the country took COVID-19 really seriously until close to the middle of March.

Duped, were you social distancing in February? big dick, were you? sonatine, were you? (Well, in sonatine's case, were you social distancing more than you already do in normal times?)

I doubt any of you were. Credit to sonatine for stocking up on supplies before the rest of us, but I didn't see anyone in this thread urging social distancing or taking the COVID-19 threat to the US as seriously as everyone is taking it today.

I also sincerely doubt that a Democratic President would have done much better in February. Let's say Obama were still President. Would he have efficiently directed the quick production of masks and ventilators in February? I doubt it. When Ebola happened, he appointed a longtime Democratic operative to lead the government's response to it (LOL). The only reason nobody talks about that is because Ebola doesn't transmit easily, so the situation fixed itself. Obama also couldn't handle getting a simple website up and running for our healthcare, wasting $560 million on simple site which didn't work, and then refused to fire the woman responsible for the entire debacle. Anyone with faith in Democratic leaders handling this well is delusional.
    Trump has done a terrible job at this.
    He downplayed this to such an extent I believe he was negligent. Which has certainly cost lives.
    He has constantly flip flopped all over the place and is trying to take credit for doing a stellar job at combating this immense problem, when his response has been insipid at best.

You have blinkers on Druff. You downplay his mistakes and exaggerate his accomplishments.

BTW... that money belonged to Iran.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    Just like clockwork. You must be stupid if you seriously believe Obama would not have followed the "pandemic gameplan" that he commissioned.
    Having a "pandemic gameplan" and actually making correct decisions are two different things.

I wish I could bet money on this, because I would bet a lot that if Obama were President instead of Trump, he wouldn't have put the travel restrictions on for China on January 31. He would have been too worried about his fellow lefties perceiving him as racist and xenophobic.

I'm sure they also had a "gameplan" for the healthcare.gov website in 2013, and you saw how that turned out. Also, Obama demonstrated time and time again that he refused to fire incompetent underlings (Kathleen Sebelius for the Obamacare debacle, Eric Shinsheki for the VA fake waiting list scandal), so I'm sure he would have been afraid to fire anyone under him who was screwing up the coronavirus response.

I could also see Obama being far less aggressive than Trump regarding promoting "right to try" legislation regarding promising drugs like hydrocloriquine. Democrats tend to just like to sit and let the slow agencies cross all the t's and dot all the i's.

It's very naive of anyone to think that the leader from "their side" would somehow sidestep the usual government incompetence and bureaucracy.

Comments

splitthis: U right Obama was a milquetoast

Load Metric

This is an indefensible take. The President has the best possible available intelligence. He has some of the best experts on just about every available topic under the sun reporting to him. He was first informed about the virus and its seriousness in December, and many many many many times in the following months, and he just disregarded all of it until it was wway too late. He believed his gut, and people like that fucking moron Kushner, and all manner of other people who refuse to listen to any experts that contradict his internal beliefs, and still isn;t using anywhere near the powers he has to do the right thing. The fact he publicly downplayed the risks for months was internalized by his fucking moron followers who STILL won;t take it seriously (looking at you, moron evangelicals filling their churches every week still because they're not pansies like us blue state people), and tens if not hundreds of thousands more people will die because of that.

But big dick wasn;t social distancing in February, so I guess its a wash, and everyone has equal blame.

Load Metric
    BTW, the feds are still outbidding states for the equipment that trump said the state governors are in charge of getting. He has done it to my state at least twice, and has seized equipment headed our way more than once also. They send us a fraction of what we ask for (and we got hit hard pretty quick), but they send Florida everything they ask for, and more on top, because I wonder why....

But I'm sure its just a misunderstanding.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

This is an indefensible take. The President has the best possible available intelligence. He has some of the best experts on just about every available topic under the sun reporting to him. He was first informed about the virus and its seriousness in December, and many many many many times in the following months, and he just disregarded all of it until it was wway too late. He believed his gut, and people like that fucking moron Kushner, and all manner of other people who refuse to listen to any experts that contradict his internal beliefs, and still isn;t using anywhere near the powers he has to do the right thing. The fact he publicly downplayed the risks for months was internalized by his fucking moron followers who STILL won;t take it seriously (looking at you, moron evangelicals filling their churches every week still because they're not pansies like us blue state people), and tens if not hundreds of thousands more people will die because of that.

But big dick wasn;t social distancing in February, so I guess its a wash, and everyone has equal blame.
    I'm not just talking about average joes like big dick.

You think Trump and his underlings were the only people in the US to have this information in February? Plenty of Democratic politicians did, as well. None took it as seriously as we are taking it today. None (to my knowledge) were urging the social distancing measures we see commonplace now.

The truth is that everyone screwed this up.

Let he who is without COVID-19 sin cast the first stone.

Instead of urging people to social distance, Democrats were running from pillar to post screaming, "OMG Trump thinks this is a hoax" in order to score political points. And their version of the aid bill contained all kinds of pork and special interest elements which had absolutely zero to do with the coronavirus. Do you really think the Democrats had people's backs here?

The biggest valid criticism of Trump is that he wasted a lot of February and could have done a better job directing the production of masks and ventilators. That part is true. However, what I also believe to be true is that the same shit would have happened under a Democratic Administration, because I've seen this same foot-dragging and incompetence under Democratic rule. I have zero faith that they would have done any better.

In fact, I fear they would have done worse, perhaps instituting the China travel restrictions later, and being less aggressive regarding right-to-try drugs.

Comments

Muck Ficon: Trump did think it was a hoax

Load Metric

I'm not just talking about average joes like big dick.

You think Trump and his underlings were the only people in the US to have this information in February? Plenty of Democratic politicians did, as well. None took it as seriously as we are taking it today. None (to my knowledge) were urging the social distancing measures we see commonplace now.

The truth is that everyone screwed this up.

Let he who is without COVID-19 sin cast the first stone.

Instead of urging people to social distance, Democrats were running from pillar to post screaming, "OMG Trump thinks this is a hoax" in order to score political points. And their version of the aid bill contained all kinds of pork and special interest elements which had absolutely zero to do with the coronavirus. Do you really think the Democrats had people's backs here?

The biggest valid criticism of Trump is that he wasted a lot of February and could have done a better job directing the production of masks and ventilators. That part is true. However, what I also believe to be true is that the same shit would have happened under a Democratic Administration, because I've seen this same foot-dragging and incompetence under Democratic rule. I have zero faith that they would have done any better.

In fact, I fear they would have done worse, perhaps instituting the China travel restrictions later, and being less aggressive regarding right-to-try drugs.
    What you say at first glance appears to make sense. ☺
    Till you realise your argument is disingenuous and based on assumption, opinion and untruths.

Load Metric
    I mean, the last democrat president, because he didn;t respond to the last threat very well, set up a branch of of the NSC specifically aimed at pandemics and biodefense, and put in place a number of plans to respond to exactly such an event like we have now, so as to not repeat the same mistake. Trump got rid of it 2 years ago, ignored all the advice of the team that was still left in place, and was cutting funding to pretty much everything in the government related to science and health, as he has done every year, and is still doing. Trump is still trying to cut the CDC's funding by double digit percentages in his 2021 budget.

But I'm sure anyone would have done that.

Comments

OSA: For 1043737th time he didnt try to get rid of the dept

MumblesBadly: Counter
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 04-01-2020 at 09:59 PM.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    it killed the guy from Fountains of Wayne

Load Metric
    I mean, the last democrat president, because he didn;t respond to the last threat very well, set up a branch of of the NSC specifically aimed at pandemics and biodefense, and put in place a number of plans to respond to exactly such an event like we have now, so as to not repeat the same mistake. Trump got rid of it 2 years ago, ignored all the advice of the team that was still left in place, and was cutting funding to pretty much everything in the government related to science and health, as he has done every year, and is still doing. Trump is still trying to cut the CDC's funding by double digit percentages in his 2021 budget.

Why need so much funding for the CDC when we have TV faith healers like Kenneth Copeland?

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

Why need so much funding for the CDC when we have TV faith healers like Kenneth Copeland?

I mean, he’s 83 years old and doesn’t have a grey hair? How can we doubt him? He prayed away the gray?

Talking real. Someone like this can’t actually believe in God, right? Like he has to be an atheist if you polygraphed him? You’re 83 and going to die soon. You can’t possibly do this shit and think you’ll be received well by your god?

You know you’re lying and killing people. I guarantee his rube audience who watched him heal them of corona like a month ago has already buried multiple people. They likely went out and weren’t careful because of his words.

He’s like a sports tout that gives have the people one team and half the other. If you start with a large enough mailing list, you’ll develop a hard core group that you’ve eventually given like 6 winners in a row to. That’s how they operated in the 90s. Don’t know if they still do it that way.

It’s a brilliant scam. He tells his audience he cured them of covid and if they survive, which even with that demo, will be most, they’ll credit him and send him some more of their pension. Perfect con, but certainly not something that anyone that actually believes would do. You’re a mass murdering 83 year old who has to face God if you actually believe.

Much like Trump who uses similar magical thinking and alters behavior of his cult which endangered all of us and has no doubt killed many people, and will kill ever more. The entire apparatus of the GOP media machine was encouraging people to go to restaurants 10 days before we had to shut down everything. That killed people. A tremendous amount when you think about that rhetoric paired with being slow to ramp up testing and ventilator production.

I can’t believe any of these people actually believe in God. You couldn’t and do that shit.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Unless you believe God has given you the right to cheat people out of their savings. You know, because you’re the Devil.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

ok boomer.
    Can we crowdfund to send Mumbles on a cruise?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Thread Information